SFA compliance officer

Selkirkhmfc1874

6 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

So one down one to go in relation to direct assaults.  McGinn charged the boy and rammed his elbow into his face, no ban.   McGregor got the ball and led with a straight leg challenge a couple of feet off the ground and could have broken the Aberdeen boys leg in two, a ban it has to be?  If McGinn and McGregor both get off with bans then who would have any confidence in this process?  It is bad enough even with one of them getting off.

Don't worry,  Hearts will be used to restore the balance.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The difference is striking, including how easy the media are going on Rangers and Morales.

Even at the height of the SFA witch-hunt against Romanov and our supposed "indiscipline" in those days, we never had a player as dirty or with as many red cards as Morales.

Are they going easy on Rangers & Morales? 9 citations and three game bans - be honest we never had a player sent off 4 times? I agree he should have been sent off more but SFA are certainly not pro-Rangers at the moment?

1 minute ago, geomac said:

Are they going easy on Rangers & Morales? 9 citations and three game bans - be honest we never had a player sent off 4 times? I agree he should have been sent off more but SFA are certainly not pro-Rangers at the moment?

Well he got off easy against us and it will be interesting to see if the SFA fine Rangers the way they did us.

I was also thinking mostly about the media, thinking about the hysterical headlines every time one of our players steps out of line or even just does something fairly mild and uncontroversial.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Well he got off easy against us and it will be interesting to see if the SFA fine Rangers the way they did us.

I was also thinking mostly about the media, thinking about the hysterical headlines every time one of our players steps out of line or even just does something fairly mild and uncontroversial.

Fair comment,agree about the previous hysterical media headlines. Will Brown ever be called out for his foul play?

5 minutes ago, geomac said:

Fair comment,agree about the previous hysterical media headlines. Will Brown ever be called out for his foul play?

Well, no Brown won't but he's a "guid Scottish laddie". Imagine if Morales played for us and acted the way he's been??

1 hour ago, geomac said:

Not wanting to defend Rangers but they've been cited more than us - 9 times to Celtic's zero

Hearts second highest I believe

I think there is a correlation between if your citation gets rescinded and who it was against?

Hibs player ban for foul on Celtic player upheld, anyone else see a pattern? Scott Brown never cited!!!!

Stuck in the West I can tell you both sets of OF fans believe this shows the conspiracy against them.

For Rangers fans - pretty much as you say, they have been cited most, Celtic not at all. This proves the compliance officer and SFA are out to get them and protect Celtic.

For Celtic fans - the fact Rangers players keep getting cited for things that they didn't get punished for in games is proof that the refs are all biased towards Rangers and ignored clear offences when they happened. They also point to the cases of opponent players being cited for incidents against them as evidence of ref bias against them. The Hibs player should have been sent off but only got a yellow. That made the game harder for them and they get no benefit from the retrospective ban. (At the same time when Naismith wasn't cited following a game against them, that was also evidence of anti-Celtic conspiracy, so CO can't win.)

The idea that they both get it easy compared to the rest of us is totally lost on them.

1 hour ago, geomac said:

Funnily enough I had a discussion with a certain blogger who went apeshit about the Naismith "assault" at Tynecastle against Celtic and his hysteria about Morelos this season. I suggested he,  his ilk and Scottish journos should reflect on the total lack of scrutiny displayed towards arch thug Scott Brown , who has plied his trade unremarked and unpunished since joining Celtic. For some reason I can't put my finger on, Scott Brown does seem to have some kind of force field round him when it comes to yellow cards. 

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well, no Brown won't but he's a "guid Scottish laddie". Imagine if Morales played for us and acted the way he's been??

5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Stuck in the West I can tell you both sets of OF fans believe this shows the conspiracy against them.

For Rangers fans - pretty much as you say, they have been cited most, Celtic not at all. This proves the compliance officer and SFA are out to get them and protect Celtic.

For Celtic fans - the fact Rangers players keep getting cited for things that they didn't get punished for in games is proof that the refs are all biased towards Rangers and ignored clear offences when they happened. They also point to the cases of opponent players being cited for incidents against them as evidence of ref bias against them. The Hibs player should have been sent off but only got a yellow. That made the game harder for them and they get no benefit from the retrospective ban. (At the same time when Naismith wasn't cited following a game against them, that was also evidence of anti-Celtic conspiracy, so CO can't win.)

The idea that they both get it easy compared to the rest of us is totally lost on them.

Last week Celtic fans

'Why has it taken so long for McGregor to be cited, that's the 4th time this season'

'This stuff about Scoft Brown being a dirty player, he's only been sent off 5 times in his career.  He's just a warrior'

See former point which relates to latter too.

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would be interesting to know how many of the alleged offences were perpetrated against each of the OF. The whole system seems to be set up so Celtic can get other clubs players banned and Rangers can get their players off... Steven Gerrard's Rangers are a bunch of thugs but the media won't say it.

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Would be interesting to know how many of the alleged offences were perpetrated against each of the OF. The whole system seems to be set up so Celtic can get other clubs players banned and Rangers can get their players off... Steven Gerrard's Rangers are a bunch of thugs but the media won't say it.

Plus Rangers get away with murder during the actual match.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, geomac said:

He’s had two of them rescinded and is just a bit silly apparently, they’ve looked after him as much as they can as they did with Brown all these years. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Last week Celtic fans

'Why has it taken so long for McGregor to be cited, that's the 4th time this season'

'This stuff about Scoft Brown being a dirty player, he's only been sent off 5 times in his career.  He's just a warrior'

See former point which relates to latter too.

Quite a few of his near 200 career bookings should’ve been reds, imagine if a Hearts player had one 100 bookings never mind double that.

Its just made up as they go along to suit their purpose. Always has been and always will be. The OF will get every benefit possible to them to ensure one of them wins the league.

Our players/managers seem to get hammered at every opportunity and because we dont challenge it, it will continue.

How can we be top or almost top for most yellows/reds each season for as many years as we have been despite different managers/players and owners and the only thing that stays the same is the name Heart of Midlothian.

At the moment Morelos is trying his hardest to knock us off top spot of the fair play and even though McGregor is trying to help much to his frustration. The GFA will never change and we will continue to live in the footballing backwater for the foreseeable future.

McGregor loses appeal.

So the 'still' of Madden looking at incident must just have been unfortunate timing and he didn't really see a stick on red card offence.  :)

31 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

McGregor loses appeal.

So the 'still' of Madden looking at incident must just have been unfortunate timing and he didn't really see a stick on red card offence.  :)

I wonder if the brown envelope from Ibrox didn't arrive at Hampden this month

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

McGregor loses appeal.

Seen far worse from McGregor being unpunished.

He has slid and collected the ball, its not a 50-50 or close to it, if Ferguson allows him to collect it he doesn't get hurt.

In this incident when McGregor slides he is just as likely to take out his own player as an Aberdeen one. 

Its ironic that when McGregor has been done, its not for an innocuous one, the studs up is naughty, but its a fairly common one for the keeper to do. More often seen from balls bouncing high.

Rough justice works for once is my call on this, about time he suffered.

22 hours ago, Rudolf said:

The Hibs guy was booked for his assault on Izaguire but has now been given a retrospective red and a two match ban.

Yes it just shows that they make it up as they go along. They can bend the rules any whichway they want usually to help the Old Firm although sometimes the offences are so blatant that it is difficult not to punish them.

They same to have no shame whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seen far worse from McGregor being unpunished.

He has slid and collected the ball, its not a 50-50 or close to it, if Ferguson allows him to collect it he doesn't get hurt.

In this incident when McGregor slides he is just as likely to take out his own player as an Aberdeen one. 

Its ironic that when McGregor has been done, its not for an innocuous one, the studs up is naughty, but its a fairly common one for the keeper to do. More often seen from balls bouncing high.

Rough justice works for once is my call on this, about time he suffered.

Straight leg for me makes it a red.

You very rarely see keepers coming out that way.  

I think a lot of his other snidey stuff, digs here and there, petulant kicks out, etc aren't violent as such (Beckham 98), but up until the start of this season were considered red card offences across tge glibe, just he got away with it.

Even this petulance now only being a yellow now is only something I've geard our press talk about.  Yet to see thd change in laws or guidance.

22 hours ago, Elshin said:

Sure when morelos flicked the celtic lads nads it was that the ref saw the incident so no retrospective ban could be made.   

Yet a ref shows a yellow and they can make it a red? Im confused, unless its purely to benefit the bigot brothers

Their plan is working then.

15 hours ago, geomac said:

Did you see him when they played us at Tynecastle? How he never even got one yellow card in that game was just unbelievable. Most other players would have been off the park for the number of fouls he committed on Berra not to mention leaving the field of play to incite the Hearts fans when they scored.

We have never had a player sent off  4 times because we don't employ thugs. Gerrard has openly said he is not goingt to try and change the way he plays so he has a Coach who is condoning this style of behaviour which is disgraceful. 

Edited by wavydavy
typo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Straight leg for me makes it a red.

You very rarely see keepers coming out that way.  

I think a lot of his other snidey stuff, digs here and there, petulant kicks out, etc aren't violent as such (Beckham 98), but up until the start of this season were considered red card offences across tge glibe, just he got away with it.

Even this petulance now only being a yellow now is only something I've geard our press talk about.  Yet to see thd change in laws or guidance.

I can see why its been deemed that way (straight leg). And of course it is.  No argument.

But..... You can see in the pic on the BBC his eyes are closed. I doubt very much this time he has come to do Ferguson, as I mentioned he could easily have taken his player out.

Either way its definitely reckless and high time the ***** suffered.

Ex member of the keepers union, so I am biased, on this occasion, genuinely believe that was a self protection mechanism rather than an intent to injure. .

But doesn't that make it all the more satisfying :)

Peter Cech will have wished he had something similar for instance.

One final thought, if the next 2 games were away to Kilmarnock and Aberdeen, I think the outcome would have been different.

Appeasement and manipulation are rife here.

Edited by Sir Gio

Seems to me they have suddenly taken a harder line with these decisions. 

I accept it's still inconsistent. But Morelos and MacGregor might have got off earlier in the season.

11 minutes ago, Boris said:

So as the ref missed the Mcgregor red card, he obviously missed awarding a penalty to Aberdeen then?

Yes.

If it's a foul it's a penalty. Ball was in play.  

Replay game?

joondalupjambo

At last McGregor has been outed.  He cannot ever take the chance to do this type of challenge again thankfully.  

Begs the question, when has he got way with it for so long, why has no other ref or compliance officer seen what we have all seen?

The Celtic centre half should have walked or been cited for his challenge on Shaw of Hibs.

I guarantee this McGregor decision will come back to haunt us.

McGinn's challenge was awful, he wasn't interested in the ball

56 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.

Replay game?

What was the score at the time?

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

What was the score at the time?

Ignore, just checked...so a penalty award at this stage gives a chance for 3-3 with the remainder of the game 10 v 9 for Aberdeen...that’s a horror call from the ref. No way Rangers pick up 3 points in this match if the referee does his job.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

So as the ref missed the Mcgregor red card, he obviously missed awarding a penalty to Aberdeen then?

Exactly!!!

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Lets be brutal here.

That's twice in recent Rangers games Madden has been exceptionally lenient for Rangers.

Us with Morelos and a clear all day red that he did see against Aberdeen for McGregor.

And if McKenna hadn't flicked out at Morelos, he (Morelos) would have seen no worse than a yellow.  Assuming Morelos not already carded.

But we were told (albeit only by Darryl Broadfoot) that these tit for tat petulance incidents are now only yellow cards.  Although it appears Clancy and the assistant ref in the first game of the season said that had they seen McKenna blocking off Morelos off the ball, both would have been yellow carded.

Makes no sense apart from Madden managing games in favour of Rangers.

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

McGregor loses appeal.

Madden got exactly what he was looking for, didn't have to reduce Rangers to 9 men and award a penalty, so the advantage remained with Rangers.

It was another utter sh#tbag decision that could and should have changed the outcome of the game. So thats at least 4 points Rangers have gained from Bobsters boobs!!!! he's a f###in cheat...

Edited by GYL

At least McGregor got his wings clipped ..  but there are genuine events where he should be free to punch at the ball  of fly out with his feet at low ball level even if someone is flying in.. 

I can see why refs are reluctant to book keepers as their reactions are instant, and b,  they are in volatile physical situations as fast as the eye can blink. 

Just watch all other teams getting their keepers booked for the most tiny of risky things. 

On 12/02/2019 at 18:21, DETTY29 said:

Not saying in the cases over the weekend this is what happened but one of the changes were to align to the English system where 3 ex refs would review a decision and identify if the ref has made a mistake understandable or otherwise.  Previously it was the CO and Head of Refs have a discussion, CO decide on whether to cite and then 3 randoms decided on how they wanted to interpret the rules.

And it works in England, but we've managed to cock it up.

It's getting harder to understand any form of consistency,  seems as if its make it up as you go along, collude long before hearings to get desired result and no confidence in the integrity of evdn the 3 ex refs.

I stand by that the Head of Referees should be sole arbiter, all hearings, refs and evidence in full are made public imnediately  and he stands or falls by his consistency, no-one else's.

And he's on a fixed term 3 year max contract.  If not less.

You are correct you require the 3 refs to agree a decision which obviously will never happen wi Rangers as there will never be less than 1 Rangers fan ref in attendance

Shambles a blind panel of 3 would have banned McGinn shocking decision !!

McGregor  won't be surprised for the reason above - The GFA are obsessed with a two arse race 

Edited by Drumjambo

Rangers calling for a review and changes to the current system.

You could not make these ***** up.    Some people might have a little bit of respect for their stance if they were able to be honest about what they want.    They aren't interested in a fair and working system.    They simply want everything going their way.     Protection.   Favourable treatment.    Corruption.    If they get it they would want even more.     

Just be honest about it.      

To be fair to Rangers, they are simply calling for greater consistency.

They want refs to consistently give decisions in their favour

On 12/02/2019 at 21:18, Mikey1874 said:

All that does for me is highlight how bad the referees are, that's a serious amount of incidents that are missed.

You could also say that referees up their game when they referee Celtic and don't make the same amount of glaring errors when they are half asleep refereeing the rest of the games.

23 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Lets be brutal here.

That's twice in recent Rangers games Madden has been exceptionally lenient for Rangers.

Us with Morelos and a clear all day red that he did see against Aberdeen for McGregor.

And if McKenna hadn't flicked out at Morelos, he (Morelos) would have seen no worse than a yellow.  Assuming Morelos not already carded.

But we were told (albeit only by Darryl Broadfoot) that these tit for tat petulance incidents are now only yellow cards.  Although it appears Clancy and the assistant ref in the first game of the season said that had they seen McKenna blocking off Morelos off the ball, both would have been yellow carded.

Makes no sense apart from Madden managing games in favour of Rangers.

Exactly.  Now the question is why is Madden still being allowed to officiate in Rangers games. He has been rumbled now and I don’t know if anyone now trusts him.

avhudtheteeshirt
On 13/02/2019 at 15:53, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.

Replay game?

Sorry, the ball was inside the box, his legs were outside the box when contacted the Aberdeen player, so only a foul!!!!

On 13/02/2019 at 03:12, DVB said:

Plus Rangers get away with murder during the actual match.

Thats the thing. Morales should actually have had another couple of reds at least.

And the comment about the media not calling out Rangers as a team of thugs is true. How many times did ryan jack get sent off when he started with rangers?

Some of them may have been harsh but nothing like us, eg zali sent off for being head butted. And maybe if the media highlighted mcgregore more, eg on Clum way back, he wouldn’t still be doing that.

Refs are on record as saying they are influenced by players “reputations” so the media going easy on the OF players is giving them an advantage.

50 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Sorry, the ball was inside the box, his legs were outside the box when contacted the Aberdeen player, so only a foul!!!!

I think you may need an eye test dude. Take a look at this from 16-19 seconds and if deemed a foul a penalty is the only correct option.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47226931

1 hour ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Incident was in the penalty box. 

If it's inside the penalty box it's a penalty. 

1 hour ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Hiya Mr Madden. ??

On 14/02/2019 at 01:32, Sir Gio said:

Ex member of the keepers union, so I am biased, on this occasion, genuinely believe that was a self protection mechanism rather than an intent to injure. .

This is the part that needs to change or get delt with during games. If an outfield player did this as a self protection mechansim going in for a tackle, its a straight red for a straight leg studs up tackle everytime. Keepers get to much protection paticulary at corners. ( you also must be of your head being a keeper:-))

Just now, fila said:

This is the part that needs to change or get delt with during games. If an outfield player did this as a self protection mechansim going in for a tackle, its a straight red for a straight leg studs up tackle everytime. Keepers get to much protection paticulary at corners. ( you also must be of your head being a keeper:-))

Should be the result not the intent. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Should be the result not the intent. 

The intent needs to be delt with as well, as at some piont the intent will turn into a bad one ( if thats what you are meaning)

11 minutes ago, fila said:

The intent needs to be delt with as well, as at some piont the intent will turn into a bad one ( if thats what you are meaning)

More that you can badly catch someone when you didn't mean to.

So in this case it doesn't matter whether McGregor meant it or not. 

Interestingly I see a lot of bookings where player didn't mean to catch the player. No intent at all when there is a loose ball or unexpected movement. 

Edited by Mikey1874

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More that you can badly catch someone when you didn't mean to.

So in this case it doesn't matter whether McGregor meant it or not. 

Interestingly I see a lot of bookings where player didn't mean to catch the player. No intent at all when there is a loose ball or unexpected movement. 

Agree about McGregor, who at times plays the thug role very well.

It is an interesting piont , as I would say there is always intent , either to win the ball, stop a player etc , in most tackles you go in  hard with intent to win the ball , taking the player is normally a side product. We now get caught up in a debate about was there intent to cause hurt , and in reality alot of the time , no one other than the player knows the real version!

McGregor should read Gordon Banks' advice - "be brave". It's part of goalkeeping to dive at players feet. IT's not part of goalkeeping to be allowed to also raise your foot like that "to protect yourself" just like you're not allowed to raise your elbow while heading the ball in case your head gets hit.

9738714-0-image-a-35_1550005945296.jpg