Focus on Craig Levein

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

IMG_3056.JPG

Didn't think it was appropriate to show the obvious reasons he seems to be alluding to

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Papa said:

Bit ironic given the supposed bad blood between Craig and Gary.

Thought the same, but maybe he's being sarcastic as this looks to be towards the end of 1986 if the penultimate question is anything to go by

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Rangers fan! 

He did admit that on here once. Said that he didn’t really support any Scottish team, but if he had to choose one, it would have been Rangers because that’s who his big brother Chris supported and played for at the time. 

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Rangers fan! 

My thoughts too! I'm born in '87 and so many people made out he grew up a hibby... Never heard rangers mentioned. Yet there it is from the man himself at age of 20/21.dont think he'd be trying to hide anything at that age! 

2 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

My thoughts too! I'm born in '87 and so many people made out he grew up a hibby... Never heard rangers mentioned. Yet there it is from the man himself at age of 20/21.dont think he'd be trying to hide anything at that age! 

Spent his weekends playing football, so didn’t really avidly support a Scottish club, is what he said on here. He did concede however, that he probably would have supported Rangers had he not spent all his time playing, because he would have supported his big brother, Chris. The Kenny Dalgleish bit also backs up his statement that he liked Liverpool more than any Scottish clubs at that time.

Still absolutely no mention of him being a Hibs fan, despite the usual fantasies from their supporters. ?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He did admit that on here once. Said that he didn’t really support any Scottish team, but if he had to choose one, it would have been Rangers because that’s who his big brother Chris supported and played for at the time. 

7 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

raw.png

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Rangers fan! 

Now we know why the Rangers fans gave him a big cheer when he lifted the cup in 98

He's one of their own !

Maroon Sailor

Thought it was strange that the number 5 shirt at Hearts was never worn by a central defender during Levein's playing time at the club. Neil Berry, Dave McCreery and Gary MacKay seemed to wear it.

Peter Haring has it now

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Football used to be great. Boss always had a sense of humour 

I would like to know why he was superstitious about wearing the number 5. Think he only wore 4 and 6 for Hearts and when we signed Big Slim laughed that he could have the No.5 shirt

Can remember these.  Always star struck when I was a kid and a Hearts player appeared in Shoot or Match. 

Robbo’s one is where I always reference him saying he likes the Huns when the Hibs supporter debate appears.  

Edited by Debut 4

13 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I can confirm this I played football with him at school and the only reason he supported Rangers was because his brother Chris played for them at the time

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Glad to see his music taste was as sh1te then as it is now :lol:

They are pretty pish apart from Neil Diamond

Maroon Sailor
16 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine are his parents? Wow never knew that.

IMG_3062.GIF

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Thought it was strange that the number 5 shirt at Hearts was never worn by a central defender during Levein's playing time at the club. Neil Berry, Dave McCreery and Gary MacKay seemed to wear it.

Peter Haring has it now

Roddy MacDonald used to wear 5, but as CL took over he and Jardine wore 4&6.

3DC1CCEE-6AD8-4094-B7E7-22FDD5E69D2E.jpeg

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Roddy MacDonald used to wear 5, but as CL took over he and Jardine wore 4&6.

3DC1CCEE-6AD8-4094-B7E7-22FDD5E69D2E.jpeg

Find it a bit strange as the 5 shirt was worn by the great Beckenbauer. Levein has his superstition about it though and I just wonder how it came about.

3 hours ago, hectornicol said:

I can confirm this I played football with him at school and the only reason he supported Rangers was because his brother Chris played for them at the time

:thumbsup:

Was he unbelievably good then too?

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:thumbsup:

Was he unbelievably good then too?

He was a few years above me at Edina H£&s amd scored that many goals they played him at RB. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was a few years above me at Edina H£&s amd scored that many goals they played him at RB. 

Loved watching the guy play. I consider myself lucky. ?

14 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Peter Haring has it now

Pretty sure Graeme Hogg wore number 5. Unlucky for him too.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

He got a bunch of 5's

It should have been ten
16 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He got a bunch of 5's

:qqb006:

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A good article. He undoubtedly has his critics but you cannot deny that he is a Jambo through-and-through and gives everything to make the club successful. I like how genuinely challenging the OF and winning the league is something he is working towards. It will just take the fans being as patient as him, continuing to build the club and then, hopefully, reaping the rewards.

Edited by Jambos_1874

On 12/02/2019 at 00:44, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Rangers fan! 

First I have heard that one was convinced he supported Hibs as a boy 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

First I have heard that one was convinced he supported Hibs as a boy 

He's cream pied the Hibs thing a million times. He had a soft spot for Rangers because his brother played for them and he also liked Liverpool.