Aaron Ramsey !

Angel eyes

A_A wehatethehibs

Around the market price for a 28 year old top class champions league Wenger-sharpened midfield player with his prime years ahead who you’re getting on a free transfer. Effectively they are paying the player the full transfer fee which they would have to pay his club if they were buying him. £80m, except it’s over 4 years rather than one lump sum fee to buy him... plus now they have him under contract, they get an asset they can sell.  Effectively they are buying him for next season for only £20m. He’s a bargain when you think about it that way. Skilful negotiating from his agent

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

22 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Around the market price for a 28 year old top class champions league Wenger-sharpened midfield player with his prime years ahead who you’re getting on a free transfer. Effectively they are paying the player the full transfer fee which they would have to pay his club if they were buying him. £80m, except it’s over 4 years rather than one lump sum fee to buy him... plus now they have him under contract, they get an asset they can sell.  Effectively they are buying him for next season for only £20m. He’s a bargain when you think about it that way. Skilful negotiating from his agent

Bang on ????

Calebs Grandad
24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Making sense of the figures ??

29 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Put it like that its almost a bargin.  £80m over 4 years when he is likly to be a £50m player easily in todays top end market.

Though when i see numbers like that im glad of Hearts and scottish football.  

4 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Put it like that its almost a bargin.  £80m over 4 years when he is likly to be a £50m player easily in todays top end market.

Though when i see numbers like that im glad of Hearts and scottish football.  

1. Do you really think he's worth £50m? Who was the last Arsenal player worth £50m?

2. Why do figures like that make you glad for Hearts and Scottish football? 

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

Signed a pre contract with Juventus 400k per week,400k per week!!! making the highest paid British player ever dearie me. 

Disgusting

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good player but he’ll need to earn that money at Juve. They don’t **** around there

Theoretically he could sit there for the remainder of his contract if we wanted, no play a game and still earn 400k a week. I get what you're saying though 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Around the market price for a 28 year old top class champions league Wenger-sharpened midfield player with his prime years ahead who you’re getting on a free transfer. Effectively they are paying the player the full transfer fee which they would have to pay his club if they were buying him. £80m, except it’s over 4 years rather than one lump sum fee to buy him... plus now they have him under contract, they get an asset they can sell.  Effectively they are buying him for next season for only £20m. He’s a bargain when you think about it that way. Skilful negotiating from his agent.

Whilst there is lot of sense in this analysis, I'll make the case for the opposition.

1. What you pay a player impacts on what all your other players will expect, so you shouldn't just convert saved transfer fees into wages as it will quickly inflate all your player wages. The reported wage for Ramsey will put him in the top ten best paid players in the world. Is anyone really suggesting he is in that kind of class?

2. Generally, 60% is quoted as a sensible upper limit on wages to turnover ratio (latest figures suggest the big English clubs are all around that or lower). Juventus turnover is reported as approx £355m, giving a maximum sensible wage budget of around £213m. So Juventus are spending about 10% of their sensible wage budget on Ramsey. If I was a fan of Juventus I'd be questioning if that makes sense.

Edited by Saint Jambo

25 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

1. Do you really think he's worth £50m? Who was the last Arsenal player worth £50m?

2. Why do figures like that make you glad for Hearts and Scottish football? 

In modern football any player at that level seems around £40-50mil.   Ramseys a class player and the wages offered to him backs up value ive said.

I wouldnt fancy paying to go watch lads earning £400k a week, just doesnt float my boat.  Fair play on them but it takes the mickey out the fans who struggle to pay to go each week.   Also by that point fans dont 'own' the club, we at hearts have a large influence with the money we put in.  If we received £100m from tv then the fans become insignificant to clubs.   

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yip and PSG, man City, barca and Madrid all wanted him. 

Obviously highly rated. 

Remember Sanchez cost Man Utd  £20m and £500k a week. 

He's a bargain! 

Glamorgan Jambo

This number will have been released by his agent in order to attract other clients. For sure there will be conditions. I now know why his mum, who helped negotiate all his early contracts, left her law firm recently. 

Say What Again
56 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Remember Sanchez cost Man Utd  £20m and £500k a week. 

He's a bargain! 

Wasnt Sanchez a straight swap for mikytarian (no idea of the the correct spelling without Google, other than that’s not it)?

Edited by Say What Again

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Wasnt Sanchez a straight swap for mikytarian (no idea of the the correct spelling without Google, other than that’s not it)?

Aye, correct. 

Apparently will cost £180m.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Obscene money. Surely that is going to eff up their dressing room, okay Ronaldo but Ramsey is a pretty average epl player.  

Unsure about that. 

Barca, psg, man ciity and Barca wanted him. 

The scouts of these clubs see something more than the layman. 

I always thought he'd go to Barca tbh. 

I think he's a cracking midfielder, will be brilliant for them I reckon. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Absolutely ridiculous money, but if someone were ever to offer me that kind of cash, I'd have it down the bank before the ink had even dried on the cheque.

12 hours ago, milky_26 said:

just think what hearts could do with just 2 months of his wages. 

We still wouldn't get a decent left back :lol: