Does the defence have confidence in Doyle??

scotty2442

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I was thinking the exact same reading through the Scottish Cup QF draw thread. 3 points between us and third place, League Cup semi final and now Scottish Cup QF - nothing to bitch about so it is back to loyalty points!

And when you think about the points lost with bad reffing as well as our injuries, we have done relatively well.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• scotty2442

• fabienleclerq

• gashauskis9

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And when you think about the points lost with bad reffing as well as our injuries, we have done relatively well.

Indeed. When we finish 3rd and win the Scottish Cup for the 9th time it will be a very quiet summer for JKB. Worth noting for the Levein doubters that he was the last (only) Hearts manager to get us into the Europa League group stages. It would be fantastic if he could get us there again.

On 11/02/2019 at 15:23, Rabbie_Burns said:

Genuinely can't decide between the two if them myself though Bobby wins the social media battle ?

Dont think theres much between them. They stand behind a decent defence......

Thunderstruck
20 hours ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Sat in Gorgie yesterday too. The pure daggers Souttar was shooting at Doyle when the Talbot boy nearly lobbed him

:seething:

Souttar should ask himself how the lad got in a position to try the lob. 

There were here a few occasions on Sunday where both of our central defenders were caught on the wrong side of an opponent. 

56 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Souttar should ask himself how the lad got in a position to try the lob. 

There were here a few occasions on Sunday where both of our central defenders were caught on the wrong side of an opponent. 

Quite so plus all the guff about our goalies (even wanting Jamie Mac back!!!) is what they need to feel confident themselves. 

Bazzas right boot

Doyle is shite 

Lee is slow 

Zlamal gives folk the fear. 

Berra can't pass

Morrison can't go past a player 

Wighton won't make it

Djoum is a wage feeeeef. 

Clare flatters to deceive 

Smith is barely average 

Hughes/ Maclean should retire 

That about sum it up? 

With all that in mind, to make one cup semi, be in with a shout of third in the league and to progress to the qf of the sc we should all agree that CL is dong a fantastic job. 

Suprised we aren't light years behind hibs and in a relegation battle. 

Wait until he gets half decent players in we'll piss this league. 

Nb, missed the Souttar ripping as well. He's shite anaw, letting a junior player get a kick of the ball. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Imho Bobby is the better all Round keeper. Doyle.gives me the fear each time he leaves his 6 yard box and goes into no man's land and chooses to punch rather than gather. He is slow off his line time and time again leading to uncertainty amongst his team mates and the distribution of the ball is on par with Berra.  Remembering that Bobby played through a period were our form dipped and the defence changed each and every game due to injuries this left him hopelessly exposed time and time again. He has made mistakes all keepers do and nobody will have suffered more than him following them, belive me it's a lonely place between the sticks. Having watched keepers more than most over the years I feel Doyle is an able deputy but 

Bobby should still be #1,  just my opinion I know and I shall continue to back Doyle regardless.. 

This was ridiculous a few weeks back, and it's ridiculous now.  Man has conceded 5 goals in 9 games.  2 of those from penalties.  6 clean sheets kept.  but we should definitely change him for someone the absolute pant-pant-wetters on here would feel more secure with.  That's allowing for the fact that if we had David De Gea in goal they're be calling him as great shot-stopper but 'i don't trust him at corners'

I'll get worried when he starts actually costing us goals, not imaginary ones.

11 hours ago, Diego10 said:

This was ridiculous a few weeks back, and it's ridiculous now.  Man has conceded 5 goals in 9 games.  2 of those from penalties.  6 clean sheets kept.  but we should definitely change him for someone the absolute pant-pant-wetters on here would feel more secure with.  That's allowing for the fact that if we had David De Gea in goal they're be calling him as great shot-stopper but 'i don't trust him at corners'

I'll get worried when he starts actually costing us goals, not imaginary ones.

My original post wasn’t criticising Doyle, it was simply saying that both our centre back don’t seem totally comfortable with him, and that on several occasions during the game at the weekend they made it clear to him that they weren’t happy. 

3 hours ago, scotty2442 said:

My original post wasn’t criticising Doyle, it was simply saying that both our centre back don’t seem totally comfortable with him, and that on several occasions during the game at the weekend they made it clear to him that they weren’t happy. 

Of course, it wasn't.

Aye right.

Bungalow Bill

I don't think either of the keepers are the answer. I'm still surprised folk prefer Zlamal given the number of blunders he's had which have led to goals. If he was a Hibs keeper we'd have a song for him by now.

Edited by Apache Mal

4 hours ago, scotty2442 said:

Your post isn't the only on the in the thread tbf.  Various folk calling him a bombscare, no good enough etc.  

Like I said, at the moment he's been very reliable

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

Imho Bobby is the better all Round keeper. Doyle.gives me the fear each time he leaves his 6 yard box and goes into no man's land and chooses to punch rather than gather. He is slow off his line time and time again leading to uncertainty amongst his team mates and the distribution of the ball is on par with Berra.  Remembering that Bobby played through a period were our form dipped and the defence changed each and every game due to injuries this left him hopelessly exposed time and time again. He has made mistakes all keepers do and nobody will have suffered more than him following them, belive me it's a lonely place between the sticks. Having watched keepers more than most over the years I feel Doyle is an able deputy but 

Bobby should still be #1,  just my opinion I know and I shall continue to back Doyle regardless.. 

Bobby chucked in a goal v celtic and punched a livi player in the face around the 18 yard box, this was after being generally a bit jittery. 

He deserved to be dropped. 

Doyle hasn't done anything wrong since coming in, so it would be hard to drop him atm. 

To go forward we probably need better, but Bobby deserved to be dropped 100%.

1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

Your post isn't the only on the in the thread tbf.  Various folk calling him a bombscare, no good enough etc.  

Like I said, at the moment he's been very reliable

My only concern is that Berra and Souttar both seemed to have issues with him on Sunday

He is definitely not the most authoritative keeper and I’d imagine it could be a position the club revisit in the summer. 

1 hour ago, scotty2442 said:

My only concern is that Berra and Souttar both seemed to have issues with him on Sunday

He is definitely not the most authoritative keeper and I’d imagine it could be a position the club revisit in the summer. 

So what?  They had issues with other players as well.  Players shout at each other all the time.  Have you never played football?

Unless you have other motives I cannot understand why you chose to bring this up after a 4-0 win when he had hardly anything to do.

17 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So what?  They had issues with other players as well.  Players shout at each other all the time.  Have you never played football?

Unless you have other motives I cannot understand why you chose to bring this up after a 4-0 win when he had hardly anything to do.

Yes I’ve played football !!

My point is that both Souttar and Berra seemed unhappy throughout the game with Doyle,  also there wasn’t a single occasion where Doyle gave anything back 

And it’s probably more of a concern that it happened in a game they won 4-0 against juniors. 

3 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Yes I’ve played football !!

My point is that both Souttar and Berra seemed unhappy throughout the game with Doyle,  also there wasn’t a single occasion where Doyle gave anything back 

And it’s probably more of a concern that it happened in a game they won 4-0 against juniors. 

I’m with you mate. Guys a bomb scare! Ever since I watched him cost the young lads a result against a very good Ross county game in the challenge cup with two howlers I never felt comfortable with him. Think the defense would rather Bobby back and so would I. Far better keeper. My 19 year old cat has more agility than this guy. I’m putting him in the Nelson/Kurskis file.

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You'll see that most weeks after a win. Some low post count no mark or one of our seasoned WUM's will start a negative thread about something, ANYTHING just to get folk arguing so the OP can then restart their agenda against whoever.

Happens all the time. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You'll see that most weeks after a win. Some low post count no mark or one of our seasoned WUM's will start a negative thread about something, ANYTHING just to get folk arguing so the OP can then restart their agenda against whoever.

Happens all the time. 

It's usually a good "sniff sniff" guide.

On 13/02/2019 at 14:35, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Bobby chucked in a goal v celtic and punched a livi player in the face around the 18 yard box, this was after being generally a bit jittery. 

He deserved to be dropped. 

Doyle hasn't done anything wrong since coming in, so it would be hard to drop him atm. 

To go forward we probably need better, but Bobby deserved to be dropped 100%.

For what it's worth I didn't say Doyle should be dropped. 

We have all seen better Hearts  keepers throw a few in. Let's not kid ourselves Bobby and Doyle are nearer John Brough / Tepi Moilanen's standard rather than Niemmi / Kello.

Doyle has the Jersey and good luck to him, doesn't matter a jot what opinions we may share at the end of the day.. 

HHGH

FTh

On 13/02/2019 at 16:15, JamboAl said:

Point made !!! 

1 minute ago, The Fox said:

Get Bobby back. That is unforgivable 

Zemal is just as bad. 2 keepers signed in the summer and they are both woeful

I watched the NFL show and they were saying when you have two quarterbacks you have no quarterbacks.

Exchange goalies for  quarterbacks and you can see the problem Hearts have.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Get Bobby back. That is unforgivable 

That doesn't fill me with confidence either. 

My point has been made regarding Doyle.. 

I Could have caught that shot behind my back with 1 hand... 

While looking the other way... 

Simply not good enough, Bobby ain't much better but still a better choice. 

Edited by NLTFTh

he spent the whole second half squinting against the sun which can't be good for a prolonged spell. What keeper doesn't possess or thin k of using a cap?

7 minutes ago, dannymack said:

****ING embarrassing, laughable, cringe worthy... Welcome back Bob'

Hearts seem to have more of these calamity moments than other teams. Is it a jinx or just lack of concentration or quality. Perhaps belief. The brand of kick and rush football is still frustrating with our captain one of the biggest culprits. Motherwell fouled the big man every time he got the ball virtually which didn't help. Still feel we are 4-5 players short with stand-ins not good enough. Bozanic, Clare, Mulraney, Godhino not really good enough for us to be any more than a mid-table team unfortunately. Back to the drawing board.