Hearts Reserves V Morton Monday 2pm

RobboM

It was a good game to watch. 

Keena did well with his goals (second one was a cracker) and he could of had more, as should Vanecek.

Irvine looked class in midfield and Garuccio looked very comfortable at right back.

The Morton 'keeper got injured in the second half, but played on. I'm not sure why they didn't sub him, unless the sub GK listed on the team sheet was also injured or somehow unavailable...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobboM

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• The Apprentice

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Coming over here, taking jobs from those countless Scottish 17 y/os who would have dropped off our conveyor belt. Makes me sick. :mad:

Disugsten that guid honest Scottish boiys like Gordon Smith and Kevin Twaddle are on the scrapheep

pupstersajambo

I was really impressed with the performance. Hamilton is an impressive centre half, may lack the height byt a strong decisive player. Bobby Burns was a stand out, really good performance, talks all the time. Cochrane and Irving were very good in the middle, play with their heads up and always showing for the ball. Was good to see Wighton returning from injury, only played the one half but did well. Keena is definitely going to be a player for us, industrious, quick and has a clear eye for a goal. The only disappointment for me was Vanecek. He may have scored twice but from what I saw I struggle to see him being the player we want him to be. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong. He does look in a lot better shape, so hopefully he can kick on.

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Disugsten that guid honest Scottish boiys like Gordon Smith and Kevin Twaddle are on the scrapheep

Sickening. They’ll be demanding chapels and confession chambers and all sorts. All that new space in the new stand gone. Bring Gary Glen home! ?

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

1. It's a grid with the teams from top to bottom as per points gained

2. In Greenock

Any more questions - I like a good quiz?!

Post of the fledgling week.

Bravo, sir.

43 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Sickening. They’ll be demanding chapels and confession chambers and all sorts. All that new space in the new stand gone. Bring Gary Glen home! ?

Bobby Burns though, that's an irish man i can get on board with.

The Apprentice

Phone ran out of battery at half time so couldn’t keep the updates coming but it was a good run out for the players.

Bobby didn’t have anything to do really other than deal with pass backs, but was very vocal throughout and kept himself busy with his stretching routines. 

Back 3 were comfortable and Hamilton impressed me again. Don’t get to many reserves/youth games but he’s always stood out when I’ve watched him. Looked tiny in between Baur and Clevid but more than makes up for it with his aggression and reading of the game. 

As others have said Cochrane and Irving were good in the centre of the park and Connor Smith was also impressive when he came on, really neat and tidy. Garuccio and Burns showed plenty of energy and quality throughout. I thought Burns’ attitude was absolutely spot on, constantly demanding the ball and thundering into tackles.

Wighton was pretty quiet but showed some nice touches, may still be a few weeks before he’s back in the fold first team wise. Keena scored 3 but I liked everything about his game. Not afraid to have a shot. Vanecek got his goals but in general was pretty quiet. 

Although a good game it needs to be said that Morton were a very young side and stood no chance physically against our lads. 

The likes of Gary Naysmith and John McGlynn were there watching, perhaps looking at potential loan signings. 

5 hours ago, JamTarts51 said:

Full squad, strong line up!

DzIKawCXcAExJpn.jpg-large.jpeg

Good result! Someone on Twitter did spot that we misspelt our own team name which is pretty poor

39 minutes ago, Locky said:

Bobby Burns though, that's an irish man i can get on board with.

The right type of Irish. Fine set of Charles and Diana plates in his old dear’s Welsh Dresser. 

31 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Not an academy graduate but don't care as long as he makes it. I know all about Paterson who was an " old" 16 after playing with tbc.

Graduated from the academy to play first team football. Academy graduate. ?

19 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I wonder if Alexander Easdale is a relative of the owners of their official team coach

32318597041_38ff889815_b.jpg

The Easdales own McGills 

For example investing

Edited by Mikey1874

11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The right type of Irish. Fine set of Charles and Diana plates in his old dear’s Welsh Dresser. 

Gee it a rest ffs

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Easdales own McGills 

Yes I know that, that's why I was wondering if the player for Morton with the surname Easdale was a relative of theirs... 

32 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Yes I know that, that's why I was wondering if the player for Morton with the surname Easdale was a relative of theirs... 

Yes. Sandy Easdale is the lad's Dad.  He is rated. Was at Aberdeen but came back home when Morton (re)started  their academy. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes. Sandy Easdale is the lad's Dad.  He is rated. Was at Aberdeen but came back home when Morton (re)started  their academy. 

Thanks, can't remember hearing about him before. 

:thumbs_up:

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Good result! Someone on Twitter did spot that we misspelt our own team name which is pretty poor

Someone had a long weekend, Milothian ? Glad to see senior players getting good game time, any links to the goals?