Naismith & Djoum wanted men?!

Vlad the impaler

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Birmingham wont be anywhere near the playoffs once they get their points deduction.

What's this, Notts? I'm getting out of touch with goings on

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Notts1874

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

They fell foul of FFP. And the EFL have basically said it will be a sporting penalty rather than a financial one i.e a points deduction. The boy Mark Clemit was saying so at the weekend on something i was watching.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Signed players under embargo.  Hearing is this month. 

3 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Why should he not be away? Lucrative contract in a better league? Or do you think everyone should show ultimate loyalty, of course no one does. Do we deserve it the way we treated Edwards, Martin, Etc.  I don’t blame anyone for wanting to earn more especially as our fans are so toxix these days. 

Take Cosgrove Aberdeen - 1 goal in 22 .... then 12 in 13 games. Can you tell me you think we’d be so patient - players are written off before they get a chance to settle. Does not happen at any other Scottish club. Vanacek is the current one to be lambasted and crucified- will we still support him after 1 goal in 22.... no chance. 

**** me another 'new account' with a negative slant on all things Hearts.

LTHC

1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

If Naismith doesn't want to go back down south, What offer is he waiting on?

It can only be Rangers, who have previous for taking the rest of the league's best players and benching them. 

He might fancy ending his career at Kilmarnock.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don't think Birmingham would bother scouting a player with absolutely no interest in playing in England again. 

Saying that they may have been to scout Djoum and the papers made the rest up to drum up interest in the article. 

They will watch endless matches not knowing what the situation of a player is

16 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Birmingham are a big club and are just outside the play offs in the championship, I imagine they'd only be interested if they don't get promoted this season through the play offs which is unlikely to happen to be fair.

Birmingham are not a big club, and never have been. They are not even a big club in the midlands. Villa and Wolves are big clubs, and West Brom are bigger than they are too. 

Can't understand why either of them would be interested in signing a pre-contract with anybody unless it's an offer you can't refuse. No way Brum Shitty will be doing that.

Wait until the summer, look at the options and go from there.

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rather The Sun that The Scotsman or EEN imo

As much as I do not like the Sun, they are more on the ball than the above. 

7 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Spot on with this.

To be honest, most English clubs are based in post-industrial towns, so have probably been described as "sh!tholes" at some time. But the players live out of town.

Players coming to Middlesbrough, for example, can buy a small country estate in North Yorkshire for about half a million, close to the Moors and Dales, but still within an hour of the training ground. I don't know the area around Birmingham, but I would imagine that there are similarly attractive areas nearby.

Seriously doubt Naismith will be in any rush to send his kids to school in Birmingham tbh.

I’ve got a lot of family down there. Even the nice areas have high crime rates. There’s plush places like Stone nearish, but if Naismith is looking out for his kids’ as he said he is, then I don’t think Birmingham City will be high on his list of offers he can’t refuse.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Seriously doubt Naismith will be in any rush to send his kids to school in Birmingham tbh.

Sutton Coldfield or Little Aston are lovely areas. 

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Sutton Coldfield or Little Aston are lovely areas. 

You would have to think they are not exactly life changing places to go though. If he wants to move back here for his kids, after Norwich, then I would expect it would have to be something pretty spectacular to change his mind. Can’t really envisage that being a stint at the worst club in that area and a couple of years in the midlands before moving home again being the sort of carrot that would get him biting. Could be wrong of course. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Have your child grow up, with a West Midlands accent...?

?

I have a niece and a nephew doing just that. I feel quite sorry for them, because of it.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Have your child grow up, with a West Midlands accent...?

?

The accent is horrific. The centre of Birmingham is nowhere near as bad as people are making out.............anyhoo i dont think Naismith will end up at the Trillion Trophy Stadium but Djoum might in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

My brother's wife and family, are from the

Nottingham area. East Midlands accent is tolerable...just.

The West Midlands accent, inspires people to find the nearest tall building.

It’s quite grating, you get me?

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

My brother's wife and family, are from the

Nottingham area. East Midlands accent is tolerable...just.

The West Midlands accent, inspires people to find the nearest tall building.

You should try the South Derbyshire accent........not good, not good at all.

16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The accent is horrific. The centre of Birmingham is nowhere near as bad as people are making out.............anyhoo i dont think Naismith will end up at the Trillion Trophy Stadium but Djoum might in my opinion.

I like a night out down there. Good city for nightlife. Decent if you are a young single bloke, lots of attractive women from different backgrounds. Crime is absolutely rampant though and the traffic is ridiculous. Love to visit, always relieved to get home sums it up for me. ?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Maybe but that seems doubtful to me. You would think that the only reason he's not signed his new Hearts contract yet is because he's holding out for more money. More money = Rangers. 

Less money = Kilmarnock. 

I don't see Charlie Adam in a Dundee shirt.

Edited by Top Corner

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Darren said:

Think he made recent comments about the plastic pitch, so unless Killie are replacing that, very unlikely. 

There will be a lot more of these made-up stories in the papers before the season ends.  So did Monk state who he was interested in or was it just guessing in the dark.  Strange if he did..

Add Souttar to the list.

8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

There will be a lot more of these made-up stories in the papers before the season ends.  So did Monk state who he was interested in or was it just guessing in the dark.  Strange if he did..

Add Souttar to the list.

Thankfully, if someone wants Souttar, we can hold out for the sort of money that could just about build a squad capable of fighting it out at the top next season.

20 hours ago, OTT said:

Could see Djoum being interested. Pretty sure Birmingham are a complete shambles of a club at the moment (and have been for the last few years. I get the feeling with Naismith that he's looking for either a life experience or the chance to be a part of something special. Birmingham can't offer him that.

Wish all these English clubs roided out on TV cash would just **** off. Clubs like Birmingham are the epitome of do nothing clubs. Destined to sit mid table in the championship for eternity. At least up here Naisy could help develop the next batch of talented Scottish youngsters and possibly be in for a Cup. 

They've won their League Cup twice since we last won ours.

From what I’ve read the only regret he may have is not playing abroad. Therefore we’re more likely to lose him to an offer from an American or maybe an Australian club. That’s how  I see it.

11 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

There's a multitude of clubs who have won trophies since 1962 including us

Edited by Macros

17 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

We've won 8 scottish cups and they've not won any FA cups.

We've also won a cup since the last time they have.

Your point is kind of pointless.

21 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

No chance that Naisy’s wife will go down to Birmingham. They are staying in Scotland

12 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to big-up Birmingham, and I have no idea whether Naismith would be interested in going there.

I'm just pointing out that the description "sh!thole" could really be applied to most places, so in the scheme of things it's meaningless.

Edinburgh really is an incredible city by comparison to most, and I hope those of you who are from Auld Reekie appreciate how lucky you are.

No, that is absolutely fair enough mate. ?

Bridge of Djoum
11 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Why should he not be away? Lucrative contract in a better league? Or do you think everyone should show ultimate loyalty, of course no one does. Do we deserve it the way we treated Edwards, Martin, Etc.  I don’t blame anyone for wanting to earn more especially as our fans are so toxix these days. 

Take Cosgrove Aberdeen - 1 goal in 22 .... then 12 in 13 games. Can you tell me you think we’d be so patient - players are written off before they get a chance to settle. Does not happen at any other Scottish club. Vanacek is the current one to be lambasted and crucified- will we still support him after 1 goal in 22.... no chance. 

:rofl:

The state of this.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, sassenach said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to big-up Birmingham, and I have no idea whether Naismith would be interested in going there.

I'm just pointing out that the description "sh!thole" could really be applied to most places, so in the scheme of things it's meaningless.

Edinburgh really is an incredible city by comparison to most, and I hope those of you who are from Auld Reekie appreciate how lucky you are.

Tbh, I meant England ??

13 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

The only cups they have ever won. They are a club in the second city of England and they have won 2 trophies in 144 years. Birmingham are not a big club by any means.

letsalldothebeattie

Can see Djoum taking it. Much more money than we will offer him and that’s what he’s wanting. 

Naisy i cant see taking it though. Wants to be back in Scotland for kids going to school or wants a shot abroad. So I’m quietly confident we can keep Naisy unless a good offer from abroad comes in 

Djoum absolutely no chance of being good enough for English championship. 

Fair play to him if he somehow manages to pull wool over their eyes get good salary out of Birmingham. Good job be freedom of contract so they cant sue hearts.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Djoum absolutely no chance of being good enough for English championship. 

Fair play to him if he somehow manages to pull wool over their eyes get good salary out of Birmingham. Good job be freedom of contract so they cant sue hearts.

There is probably about 1-1.5k players registered with championship teams and you make a definitive statement about Djoum not being good enough? 

Ridiculous statement as guys like Sol Bamba and Docherty stroll about in the Epl. 

It's a big league, Djoum will be more than fine there. 

An  international midfielder who's spent the last three years in a top Scottish team is more than good enough for there. 

15 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

We've won 8 scottish cups and they've not won any FA cups.

We've also won a cup since the last time they have.

Your point is kind of pointless.

As usual for him.

I've attended a match at St Andrews and the name of the ground is the only nice thing about the place

Even the local dugs have to go around in gangs.

StevenNaismith

Last I heard we were very close with Naismith with regards to him staying on a 3 year deal. I wouldn’t rule out Djoum staying as well, Levein is desperate to keep him and unless someone blows our offer out the water then he will probably want to stay. Keeps playing the way he has been recently though and he won’t be short of offers, he’s been our best player the last couple of months.

22 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don't think Birmingham would bother scouting a player with absolutely no interest in playing in England again. 

Saying that they may have been to scout Djoum and the papers made the rest up to drum up interest in the article. 

Naismith’s family have absolutely no interest in going back down south.

source? His Wife!

Edited by Thomaso

21 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe Naismith doesn't love it here as much as we want him too.

He does

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Naismith’s family have absolutely no interest in going back down south.

source? His Wife!

I never said he did?

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Last I heard we were very close with Naismith with regards to him staying on a 3 year deal. I wouldn’t rule out Djoum staying as well, Levein is desperate to keep him and unless someone blows our offer out the water then he will probably want to stay. Keeps playing the way he has been recently though and he won’t be short of offers, he’s been our best player the last couple of months.

The sort of post that can brighten up your day.  The neighbours are getting a street party if this happens