• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Notts1874

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

jamboinglasgow

From what has been said about Naismith, I think he wont be interested going back down south. But if it is a good wage, I dont think Djoum will refuse.

For those not wishing to give the Sun a click...

DOUBLE SWOOP 

Hearts duo Steven Naismith and Arnold Djoum wanted by Birmingham City

Blues boss Gary Monk has watched the pair on several occasions and is keen to land them on pre-contracts

BIRMINGHAM are weighing up a double swoop for Hearts pair Arnold Djoum and Steven Naismith.

Blues boss Gary Monk has had the duo watched several times this season including the recent clash against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park. Monk has no signing budget and is on the look-out for free transfers with both Naismith aThe on loan Scotland striker’s current deal with Norwich runs out in May while the Cameroon midfielder is also out of contract in the summer.

Both are free to speak with interested parties although Hearts are desperate to keep them at Tynecastle. 

Jambos boss Craig Levein has already offered Naismith and Djoum bumper new deals in the hope of warding off other clubs.

But, neither player has put pen to paper preferring to keep their options open.

portobellojambo1

I think Steven Naismith is now back in Scotland to stay for good. Not sure about Djoum, i.e. would he consider it beneficial to go to Birmingham City or not, only time will tell.

Could see Djoum being interested. Pretty sure Birmingham are a complete shambles of a club at the moment (and have been for the last few years. I get the feeling with Naismith that he's looking for either a life experience or the chance to be a part of something special. Birmingham can't offer him that.

Wish all these English clubs roided out on TV cash would just **** off. Clubs like Birmingham are the epitome of do nothing clubs. Destined to sit mid table in the championship for eternity. At least up here Naisy could help develop the next batch of talented Scottish youngsters and possibly be in for a Cup. 

Car crash of a club and a rancid place. Djoum is all about the money as (to be fair) it’s his last big contract so he may bite. Not a cats chance in hell that Naismith would go there. No chance whatsoever.

16 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Was down to Birmingham on a few occasions with my previous employer. Absolute horrible place, not a patch on our lovely capital.

Correct. It’s a shithole. I had to work there for 2 months it’s a complete depressing shitehole. Edinburgh is like the Maldives compared to that Pitt 

Djoum aye, Naismith nah.  As mentioned, SN's at the tail end of his career, has made his money and wants to enjoy football. The turnover of managers in the championship is constant, you could be first pick one week, reserves the next. Don't think that appeals to Naismith.

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Would be very disappointing if they chose to take the step down. 

Birmingham are a big club and are just outside the play offs in the championship, I imagine they'd only be interested if they don't get promoted this season through the play offs which is unlikely to happen to be fair.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Birmingham are a big club and are just outside the play offs in the championship, I imagine they'd only be interested if they don't get promoted this season through the play offs which is unlikely to happen to be fair.

Birmingham are shite and Birmingham is a shite hole. 

Sick of this big club thing. 

Most English teams have a good support, due to them being in big cities, but clubs like Birmingham are nothing clubs. 

Just because you can throw £10k ( how is that possible when your £10's million in debt is beyond me but all clubs seem to do it - villa, Sunderland, Leeds) and because you get 30k ( in a city/ area with a population close to Scotland s), folk think they are a big club. 

Bollocks, they're shite but due to sky can outbid us, just like Bournemouth can out spend celtic in these times. 

Not a rant at you BTW, just a general **** English football rant. ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Have said in other threads, Djoums at his last chance to get himself down to play in England really now, he has himself fit and playing the best football we’ve seen in maroon. Hopefully he can see out his time at Hearts Ian Black style, with a big midfield performance in the cup final at Hampden.

Naismith, well it would need to be a pretty big contract offer from Birmingham. I think he would be a brilliant signing for them. 

8 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

A big club? Really? I would say they are one of the mid to lower clubs in their division. At least half the teams in that league are bigger than Birmingham, and Villa, West Brom, and Wolves in their local area are all bigger clubs. No chance they will get promoted either which will mean cutting costs due to their financial situation. 

I think Djoum will go somewhere and chase the money but it is offers from elsewhere that we need to be worried with Naismith.

9 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Birmingham are about to get walloped with a points deduction for FFP.

As mentioned above Birmingham are an absolute car crash club and that should, you’d think, put Naismith off going there. Djoum could take the deal if they offer him a big wage & decent playing time as its his last chance for a big money move

I’m not worried about any team in the UK getting Naismith. It’s clubs abroad that could prove an issue. If he stays in the UK, he’s staying with us. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Barack said:

Djoum will take the offer. Naismith won't.

Would be my take on it, if offered. Probably part of a large list of players Brum have on their radar. Djoum looking for a lucrative contract, anywhere will do I dare say, Naismith will consider his happiness. USA or Hearts I think.

1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

I’m not worried about any team in the UK getting Naismith. It’s clubs abroad that could prove an issue. If he stays in the UK, he’s staying with us. 

Maybe Kilmarnock would be tempting for him

Tynecastle Valhalla

They will be getting offered between £8k and £10k a week but the real draw is a 25% - 30% increase if they get promoted. Maybe more 

Edited by wallace_mercer

I don’t think money will be a motivator for Naismith. 

He’s done the England thing and been a success, so I don’t think there will be a big draw or motivation for him to head down there again

If he wants to continue playing for Scotland and his family are settled, then he stays in Scotland (hopefully with us) 

I think the choice for him will be between staying in Scotland or try something new by moving abroad, however I think his Scotland career will end if he chooses the latter. 

Phil D. Corners
11 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Was down to Birmingham on a few occasions with my previous employer. Absolute horrible place, not a patch on our lovely capital.

This. I went last year and I could not believe how ugly the place is. It’s supposed to be England’s second city. 

allanwilson1970
11 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

That’s Djoum off then. 

Why should he not be away? Lucrative contract in a better league? Or do you think everyone should show ultimate loyalty, of course no one does. Do we deserve it the way we treated Edwards, Martin, Etc.  I don’t blame anyone for wanting to earn more especially as our fans are so toxix these days. 

Take Cosgrove Aberdeen - 1 goal in 22 .... then 12 in 13 games. Can you tell me you think we’d be so patient - players are written off before they get a chance to settle. Does not happen at any other Scottish club. Vanacek is the current one to be lambasted and crucified- will we still support him after 1 goal in 22.... no chance. 

59 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Maybe Kilmarnock would be tempting for him

No they wont. He wont go to them because of that pitch.

59 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rather The Sun that The Scotsman or EEN imo

While I’ve no love for the Scotsman or the EEN, The S*n is the worst there is. 

Absolutely rotten journalism from top to bottom. 

11 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Car crash of a club and a rancid place. 

11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Correct. It’s a shithole. I had to work there for 2 months it’s a complete depressing shitehole. Edinburgh is like the Maldives compared to that Pitt 

3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

37 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

This. I went last year and I could not believe how ugly the place is. It’s supposed to be England’s second city. 

Players aren't required to live in the city. The training ground is miles outside the centre and there are plenty of nice places nearby to live.

42 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Birmingham pay more than us, so I'd assume Djoum will be off.

Money talks - and can buy a nice house in the Cotswolds.

maidstonejambo
19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So rotten they've spelt Djoum's first name wrong... Arnold ?

That's just how it is. If a much richer club want one of our players badly enough, they'll get him, unless it's a Berra or (maybe, we can only hope) Naismith, who have reasons for preferring to live in Scotland at this stage in their life.

35 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I suspect it's like the choice of signing Frank McGarvey or Peter Grant...

I work in Birmingham and see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to live there.  Most Villa or Birmingham players live in or around Sutton Cold field, which is a nice town but not even on the same planet when compared with the quality of life that Edinburgh affords.

Naismith, it seems, is looking for stability and to be at home in Scotland and I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign with us.  Djoum may find the pay cheque and lure of the championship appealing.  He may also like Birmingham given it has a very large and diverse population that includes many African nationals.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Birmingham pay more than us, so I'd assume Djoum will be off.

I think Naismith will sign for us permanently.

Correct

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Sick of this big club thing. 

Most English teams have a good support, due to them being in big cities, but clubs like Birmingham are nothing clubs. 

Just because you can throw £10k ( how is that possible when your £10's million in debt is beyond me but all clubs seem to do it - villa, Sunderland, Leeds) and because you get 30k ( in a city/ area with a population close to Scotland s), folk think they are a big club. 

Bollocks, they're shite but due to sky can outbid us, just like Bournemouth can out spend celtic in these times. 

Not a rant at you BTW, just a general **** English football rant. ?

Amen!

You can never blame a professional football player for making the most of his opportunities. Naismith will have made millions out of the game and will be financially secure for life given his personality.  I doubt that Djoum has made anything like as much as Naismith, a three year contract in the cash-pit that is English football will set him up for life, he also appears to have the maturity to hold on to it just like Naismith.

Good luck to Djoum, we'll not have the cash to keep him, Naismith though will have different priorities and might well decide to stay with us if he believes CL has progressive signing plans.

You'd think it would be highly likely Naismith will be offered a deal with a coaching role once hes retired from playing and hoepfully that will sway it for us 

Birmingham have got themselves into a fight for play-off spot.

They cannot sign anyone until Summer. If they did manage promotion would they want either, i doubt it.

Djoum possibly if still in the Championship. All a bit premature.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Birmingham have got themselves into a fight for play-off spot.

They cannot sign anyone until Summer. If they did manage promotion would they want either, i doubt it.

Djoum possibly if still in the Championship. All a bit premature.

Birmingham wont be anywhere near the playoffs once they get their points deduction.

14 hours ago, Barack said:

Djoum will take the offer. Naismith won't.

Just what I came on to say. Djoum has made no secret of the fact that he is looking for one last contract with as much money as possible, which is his right. Naismith, I can't see going back to england, although I also doubt we will hold on to him (hope I am worng) 

2 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Why should he not be away? Lucrative contract in a better league? Or do you think everyone should show ultimate loyalty, of course no one does. Do we deserve it the way we treated Edwards, Martin, Etc.  I don’t blame anyone for wanting to earn more especially as our fans are so toxix these days. 

Take Cosgrove Aberdeen - 1 goal in 22 .... then 12 in 13 games. Can you tell me you think we’d be so patient - players are written off before they get a chance to settle. Does not happen at any other Scottish club. Vanacek is the current one to be lambasted and crucified- will we still support him after 1 goal in 22.... no chance. 

what a pile of shite

If Naismith doesn't want to go back down south, What offer is he waiting on?

It can only be Rangers, who have previous for taking the rest of the league's best players and benching them. 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Would be my take on it, if offered. Probably part of a large list of players Brum have on their radar. Djoum looking for a lucrative contract, anywhere will do I dare say, Naismith will consider his happiness. USA or Hearts I think.

I don't think Birmingham would bother scouting a player with absolutely no interest in playing in England again. 

Saying that they may have been to scout Djoum and the papers made the rest up to drum up interest in the article. 

Edited by Inch Hearts