Player Ratings v Auchinleck

rudi must stay

rudi must stay

Doyle - 6 solid

Smith -  7 solid game till his injury

Berra - 7 had a superb game at the back in my opinion. Defended tough situations well, they had clearly pinpointed him with his pace

Souttar - 7 classy game. Strolled it

Mitchell - 7 more like it from him. Faded at the end but a performance to be very hopeful about IMO

Clare - 7 wouldn't have taken him off at all. Caused them problems, but I guess its good he was taken off after playing well. Ofcourse he may have got an injury

Lee - 6 yes he does the nice stuff, he is very comfortable on the ball, but to me today there were opportunities to play that killer pass and he couldn't and wouldn't at times even try it. Frustrating

Djoum - 7 like Souttar he had a classy game. Won loads in the middle and some nice link up too

Naismith - 7 I thought he had a great game but faded, maybe due to getting tired

MacLean - 7 excellent game after a few months out IMO. Got himself a goal, and some nice link up

Ikpeazu - 7 gave all he could, he didn't seem 100% yet

subs

Keena - 6 good 20 minutes. Nice link up and that goal was a real positive. Plenty to do before slamming it home

Morrisson - 5 expected more from him to be honest

Vanacek - 5 didn't impress as i'd hoped but still, some nice link up play

Difficult one to judge, considering how weak our opponents were and the way they defended in numbers, however Djoum was MotM for me, Smith a close second. 

10/10 all round for attitude though. Knew from the first minute the players were “on it” and it was a really professional job. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Difficult one to judge, considering how weak our opponents were and the way they defended in numbers, however Djoum was MotM for me, Smith a close second. 

10/10 all round for attitude though. Knew from the first minute the players were “on it” and it was a really professional job. 

I was impressed with Auckinleck. They had a decent match plan attacking wise (played it  around nicely, used the pitch well) I'd say they are a Championship level team

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I would put Lee down to a 5. He's far too slow and doesn't have the vision to pick out a pass.

He is possibly the most one-footed player I can remember. He slows the game down because he always needs to get the ball onto his right foot and can’t even play a simple pass with his left. 

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I was impressed with Auckinleck. They had a decent match plan attacking wise (played it  around nicely, used the pitch well) I'd say they are a Championship level team

Yep. They only really threatened when we got sloppy but they were tidy at times. 

Thats why our attitude had to be spot on. 

Guess The Crowd
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He is possibly the most one-footed player I can remember. He slows the game down because he always needs to get the ball onto his right foot and can’t even play a simple pass with his left. 

Erm....Easter Road? 

8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Doyle - 6 solid

Smith -  7 solid game till his injury

Berra - 7 had a superb game at the back in my opinion. Defended tough situations well, they had clearly pinpointed him with his pace

Souttar - 7 classy game. Strolled it

Mitchell - 7 more like it from him. Faded at the end but a performance to be very hopeful about IMO

Clare - 7 wouldn't have taken him off at all. Caused them problems, but I guess its good he was taken off after playing well. Ofcourse he may have got an injury

Lee - 6 yes he does the nice stuff, he is very comfortable on the ball, but to me today there were opportunities to play that killer pass and he couldn't and wouldn't at times even try it. Frustrating

Djoum - 7 like Souttar he had a classy game. Won loads in the middle and some nice link up too

Naismith - 7 I thought he had a great game but faded, maybe due to getting tired

MacLean - 7 excellent game after a few months out IMO. Got himself a goal, and some nice link up

Ikpeazu - 7 gave all he could, he didn't seem 100% yet

subs

Keena - 6 good 20 minutes. Nice link up and that goal was a real positive. Plenty to do before slamming it home

Morrisson - 5 expected more from him to be honest

Vanacek - 5 didn't impress as i'd hoped but still, some nice link up play

Maybe Clare came off because of injury? He was doubtful as a starter I think.

I would give Keena 7 even as a sub, looked really impressive to me with his movement and awareness and his goal showed real character. I expect that's the last we'll see of him for a couple of months.

Especially for his first half performance, I'd mark Soapy down.

Shouldn't be getting dragged all over the place as he was when Talbot broke.  Few careless moments and his booming passes were almost all off the mark.

I thought it was his worst game in the past few seasons.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why take one or two touches when you can take four or more!!!

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Which is bizarre given what he did at Easter road with his left

been here before
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Maybe Clare came off because of injury? He was doubtful as a starter I think.

He was certainly walking with a limp when he made his way round the pitch to the dugouts once the 2nd half had stated.

2 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Which is bizarre given what he did at Easter road with his left

I cant explain that ?:lol:

I just really noticed it today for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

close call between Lee and Djoum for mom

Lee was nowhere near man of the match. There were 12 other players that done more.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Lee was nowhere near man of the match. There were 12 other players that done more.

all about opinions. always looking for the ball when others don't and continually dropping deep to collect it. just my opinion though 

The White Cockade

Mitchell MOM for me

that's where he should be playing

would likely have scored the goal of the season if he hadn't been fouled at the end of that run

would have been straight through on goal

Soapy was very slack today

Keena looks like he could be a real find

pretty average performance all round but good result

Captain Bubblebeard

Doyle 6

smith 7

Berra 6

Souttar 6

Mitchell 7

Lee 5

Clare 7

Djoum 7

Naismith 5

MacLean 5

Uche 6

Keena 6

Morrison 4

Vanecek 4

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

all about opinions. always looking for the ball when others don't and continually dropping deep to collect it. just my opinion though 

Then taking 50 touches and passing sideways or backwards. He's slow and his set pieces are usually shit aswell. We need a bit energy in midfield. 

Lee, Naismith and Morrison were poor. Good to have Uche back but I forgot how often he spends on his arse. If he pass it on quicker he would be more effective.

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Then taking 50 touches and passing sideways or backwards. He's slow and his set pieces are usually shit aswell. We need a bit energy in midfield. 

The Djoum lovers won't be happy with you.

The Apprentice

As much as I love him I thought Naismith was pretty poor today. Don’t think playing off the left suits him - much better in a central role. Happy to see MacLean get a goal as I do like him as a player, but he looked a bit rusty at times. 

Djoum my man of the match and a shout out to Demi Mitchell too. A couple of good runs in the second half like what he was doing regularly last season.

AlphonseCapone
31 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think you are being a bit generous mate. We are watching them playing in what is certainly the biggest game any of them will ever play in. They'd probably cut it in league 2 but no way are they championship level. 

Regarding ratings;

Doyle - 7 - didn't need to do much but was fine when needed, distribution was fine. 

Smith - 7 - solid enough, adds a threat pushing forward. 

Berra - 7 - mainly solid. 

Souttar - 8 - solid and attacking threat driving forward with the ball. Played a beautiful splitting pass to put MacClean through. 

Mitchell - 6.5 - scored a lucky goal, had a few decent runs but still something missing with him. 

Lee - 6 - slows the play right down and takes far too many touches. He's tidy enough but severely lacking in creativity.

Djoum - 7 - tidy and tried to move the game forward. 

Clare - 7 - showed nice flashes of skill driving forward. Taken off as a precaution. 

MacClean - 6 - again, did score but touch was all over the place and got caught dithering on the ball far too often. 

Naismith - 7 - almost marked down half a point as I felt he wasn't his usual self today but at the same time he still offered more than most and is always involved. 

Uche - 6.5 - strong and skillful at times, but tries to do too much when sometimes the easy pass is on. Also seems to end up on the deck a lot when holding folk off. Considering how little game time he has had though great to see him get in some mileage. 

Morrison - 5 - very disappointing today, offered nothing. 

Vanecek - 5.5 - a few good touches, particularly a flick on 'around the corner' late in the game which showed real skill but still looks off the pace. 

Keena - 7 - plenty touches, looking for the ball always, laying off, driving forward, back defending and not to mention a goal. Had he been on longer and played like that he'd have been in contention for MoM. 

Overall - 7 - solid, professional job. In the next round. 

33 minutes ago, H2 said:

The Djoum lovers won't be happy with you.

Haha

Djoum is easily our best midfielder. I think Cochrane or even Edward's would be better along side him with harring covering the back when he's fit.

Captain Canada

Most players deserved a 6 or 7 today with the exception of Lee. Given the level of opposition, he was really poor again. The more I see of him, the more I'm convinced he's not got what it takes at this level. I can't fault his attitude but he wants too much time on the ball and his passing wasn't up to scratch. 

rudi must stay
30 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Thought Lee was decent and the cross for the first goal was a well worked move and delivery  - not a mix up.

They're never mix ups, you wouldn't see Real Madrid taking free kicks like them though. Be great if we won a cup with one of those free kicks, the gap seems to get bigger every week

Edited by rudi must stay

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Thought Lee was decent and the cross for the first goal was a well worked move and delivery  - not a mix up.

Funny when some in our crowd groan as they dont realise its deliberate prior to delivering the ball. Unsettles the defence.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Lee, Naismith and Morrison were poor. Good to have Uche back but I forgot how often he spends on his arse. If he pass it on quicker he would be more effective.

you can add Berra to that list he looks not fully fit and his passing aint great 

2 hours ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Doyle 6        agree

smith 7        no   8   mom

Berra 6         no   7 

Souttar 6      no   7

Mitchell 7     agree

Lee 5            no    6  

Clare 7          agree

Djoum 7       no   8 

Naismith 5   no  6

MacLean 5   no  3

Uche 6           no  7            

Keena 6         no 7

Morrison 4    no  3

Vanecek 4     no  3

Apart from a few passes going astray I saw an improvement  in Lee's performance today,  he showed much more inclination to be involved and quite a lot of the build up play from the back went through him, the two players that I would moan about are MacLean and Morrison, MacLean is powder puff and Morrison couldn't cross a zebra crossing, how that pair haven't been discarded by now is a mystery to me.

Lee wasnt great AGAIN, but he was the deep lying midfielder so I got the impression he was playing to orders. He is just too slow and takes too many touches on the ball. 

Doyle for me is really poor. The talbot boy should have lobbed him first half, because he came flying off his line. Soapy was giving him pelters. He just has no game awareness. He keeps putting himself in no mans land. 

Its frightening how different he is to Mclaughlin. His statistics are impressive enough, but in big moments theres a mistake in him, as with Bobby. In my opinion, we really need a solid goalkeeper, because he is like Bobby and is always liable to drop a howler. 

PhoenixHearts

Djoum was fantastic in the first half. Really throwing himself into challenges and gave 110% hustle to win loose balls and gain back possession. My MotM.

Lee... he's a  good player, but sometimes I feel as though he still doesn't fully understand the intensity and pressure of our game. He likes to sit on the ball a bit long and take one too many awkward touches. Can't afford to be slowing the game down like that. Not in Scottish football, and definitely not on narrower pitches like ours.

10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ehh? 

He pass's with his left all the time and scores with his left! 

jambos are go!

I would  rather have Lee pick up the ball deep and play it forward than Berra and I think it is a deliberate ploy. Alex Millar said that Berra  is very limited and predictable in his distribution and he would press him in possession  to force him into using his right foot. 

12 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

There have been Premiership teams have come here and played a lot worse than them. 

Having said that we didn't beat them 4-0. They can certainly hold their heads up.

Think most of the team were playing within themselves.Mitchell had his best game this season, Clare had a very good first half but Djoum was my MOTM. Seems to have fully recovered from his injury, never shirks a tackle and tries to get forward. Thoroughly professional performance.

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can smash them into the top corner with his left though eh?