Aidan Keena

4marsbars

Was impressed by him in the Dundee game and again today.

Fantastic cameo from him today. Think we have a striker on our hands. Much more to come from him.

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Fantastic cameo from him today. Think we have a striker on our hands. Much more to come from him.

That goal today was exactly the kind of goals he's been scoring, albeit at a lower level. He's a goalscorer for sure. 

Loved his goal.  Showed a lot of hunger and desire to dig it out.  We’ve missed that up front, too many players trying to score the perfect goal.

letsalldothebeattie

Absolutely delighted for him bagging his first for the club. Hopefully first of many in the maroon. A great wee cameo from the young lad. Hope Levein gives him plenty more chances going forward 

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Absolutely delighted for him bagging his first for the club. Hopefully first of many in the maroon. A great wee cameo from the young lad. Hope Levein gives him plenty more chances going forward 

exactly

loveofthegame

Got really high hopes for him. Went out on loan twice and shown he can score goals at league 1 and championship level (he scored some crackers for both QP and Dunfermline). At only 19 I think he could be superb as he gets older. Which is just as well as vanecek still looks a huddy.

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He looks like has bulked up. Did well today. 

Has certainly got more physicallity than the other youngsters.

Looked much more of a Player than Vanecek. Impressed with his work rate and attitude. 

Good looking prospect.                      

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Looked much more of a Player than Vanecek. Impressed with his work rate and attitude. 

Good looking prospect.                      

Keep it in your pants mate. 

Did well coming on when we had effectively shut up shop and good movement for his goal.

Although I didn’t think i he did too much more than Vanacek but one scored and the other didn’t. One gets slagged by fans and the other praised... small margins I guess. 

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Hopefully gets more game time and pushes McLean out the team

loveofthegame
17 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Did well coming on when we had effectively shut up shop and good movement for his goal.

Although I didn’t think i he did too much more than Vanacek but one scored and the other didn’t. One gets slagged by fans and the other praised... small margins I guess. 

Scoring and not scoring quite a big margin I’d argue... 

1 hour ago, viva hate said:

Showing Vanecek how it's done today. 

Indeed, they came on at about the same time and have similar build and style, I was paying particular attention to Vanacek as I have'nt seen much of him. A couple of times I thought that Vanacek was doing some good stuff until I realised that it was actually Keena!

Mobile, good touch, linked with other players very well and scored a good goal. We might have a good one here.

47 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Scoring and not scoring quite a big margin I’d argue... 

I’d agree in a sense. But for me I don’t think the criticism for Vanacek is merited. However I’m all for the praise of Kenna and happy that we have a kid coming through who looks like he’ll be really good in front of goal.

tartofmidlothian

Congratulations to Aidan on his debut goal for us! He looked a bit overawed against Dundee but it was great to see him pull it together today.

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

How I saw it.

Thought vanacek had a few good touches (back heel to Mitchell on the wing)

But looked a bit slow. Still hoping he'll get up to speed as there's obviously a goalscorer in there. Czech league is a decent standard .

Edited by Alan_R

Obviously very early days but the lad looks like he’s got that natural instinct and ability when he’s around or in the area.

Would love to see a player in this mould grab their chance , claim the jersey and not let go. 

Don’t want to see another Gary Glen where early promise fades away without a fight.  

Pasquale for King

Looks like a great prospect, proper striker who just wants to get the ball out his feet and shoot. Hope to see a lot more of him this season. 

PhoenixHearts

For such a scrappy goal, he took it amazingly well. Seems to be able to keep the ball at his feet and stay calm when he's among the traffic in the box. A lot of players would go to ground claiming they were tripped in that wee second where it looked like he may lose the ball, but he stayed focused, got his foot back on it and finished the job. 

Say What Again
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Speaking to a Dunfermline fan recenently.

Guy was raving about him as a player and saying has potential to be top notch. The guys knows his stuff and gave a detailed analysis of his play. 

Very hopeful for him.

Said similar on a thread a few weeks back. Dunfy guy at work (‘guy’ doesn’t do this guy justice, he lives and breathes Dunfermline fc - strange guy ?) said they’d have loved to have kept him but realised from watching, they had no chance. 

Though in the interest of honesty, he added hed keep Martin too. As a useful sub.   

However on this thread dedicated to Keena, I’d like to be the first to say get rid, pish, why’d we no sign Osman Sow? **** sake Levein.... when he doesn’t score in his next cameo. 

Heard it here first. 

PhoenixHearts
1 minute ago, Say What Again said:

when he doesn’t score in his next cameo. .

It won't be a cameo... He'll be starting in a front two and flicking in first timers from Uche's hold-up play.

You heard it here first...

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Looks a big lad as well, which is great for our team of lumps. Well in Keena! ??

????

AlphonseCapone
13 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He done a lot more than Vanecek for me. Was more mobile, dropped deep to collect the ball and either layed it off and made runs or was direct running with the ball. And he was also back in our box defending at one point. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Happy for him but not getting carried away. He has basically scored in a training exercise. Would be nice if we could put teams away earlier to allow him game time.

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He looks like has bulked up. Did well today. 

That's what I thought. Not seen a lot of him but previously thought he was still a bit lightweight. Certainly not yesterday

Jambo, Goodbye

Goal apart,  how was he?  What kind of player do we have on our hands? Does he like to play off the last defender or come deep etc. 

Expert opinions welcome :)

1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Goal apart,  how was he?  What kind of player do we have on our hands? Does he like to play off the last defender or come deep etc. 

Expert opinions welcome :)

Hard to judge after yesterday but seems that he was doing a bit of both. Although he was playing deeper due to us being down to 10 men after Smith went off injured. Link up play was good in his cameo and seems like a natural goal scorer as he has scored goals for Queens Park, Dunfermline along with our reserves.