Ryan Edwards

Jean Louis Valois

St Mirren terminated his loan, so currently back at Hearts. A number of people have suggested that he can't go out on loan again this season as he has played for two teams already this season. If so, this feels harsh as he was an unused sub for us.

Think he has been a bit unlucky. Hearts signed more central midfielders than expected, kept hold of Djoum, and 'converted' Haring into a midfielder. Left him a long way down the pecking order. Then went to St Mirren who had a change of manager and decided to rip the squad up mid season.

letsalldothebeattie

Seems a very strange deal. Never figured for the first team sent out on loan then loan terminated and still never seen a first team match squad. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was away in the summer without featuring 

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

St Mirren terminated his loan, so currently back at Hearts. A number of people have suggested that he can't go out on loan again this season as he has played for two teams already this season. If so, this feels harsh as he was an unused sub for us.

Think he has been a bit unlucky. Hearts signed more central midfielders than expected, kept hold of Djoum, and 'converted' Haring into a midfielder. Left him a long way down the pecking order. Then went to St Mirren who had a change of manager and decided to rip the squad up mid season.

He can't go anyway, the transfer window is closed.

loveofthegame
4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

He’s a midfielder isn’t he?

Must be ****ing rancid if he’s worse than Olly ‘I’ve got a song’ Lee.

Another assist for olly I’ve got a song lee today. Would be interested to know how many that is for the season, must be double figures anyway. Not bad. Imagine he was any gd.

14 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Another assist for olly I’ve got a song lee today. Would be interested to know how many that is for the season, must be double figures anyway. Not bad. Imagine he was any gd.

Guy in front of me was going off his head at Lee for being slow and cumbersome all game. To be fair the guy was on the money in parts, as Lee sucks the lifeblood out of us at times as he's so slow at everything.

19 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

He crossed the ball from a set piece. Expected that any outfield player should do this.

Lee is so so slow its unreal. 

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He crossed the ball from a set piece. Expected that any outfield player should do this.

Lee's slowness was there for all to see today.  On one ocassion he had the ball in space in midfield.  The out ball was a pass to Mitchell who was unmarked on the left wing.  Lee was facing Mitchell, dithered, took 2 or 3 paces towards Mitchell and then decided to pass.  By which time Mitchell was covered and lost the ball.  Hearts need a midfield general who is quick if brain.

Slow passing from back to front is becoming a problem.

loveofthegame
16 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Crossing the ball well is a skill. I don’t have the stats but id suggest Lee has contributed to a significant proportion of our goals this season (probably second only to Stevie Naismith in terms of goals and assists). He can be guilty of being a bit laboured at times but he’s a solid top 6 SPL centre mid.

46 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

He’s a midfielder isn’t he?

Must be ****ing rancid if he’s worse than Olly ‘I’ve got a song’ Lee.

I don't think Lee is a bad player as such but he's so frustrating.

Get Harry back in there. Bit energy at least

Central Belt 1874
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Lee's slowness was there for all to see today.  On one ocassion he had the ball in space in midfield.  The out ball was a pass to Mitchell who was unmarked on the left wing.  Lee was facing Mitchell, dithered, took 2 or 3 paces towards Mitchell and then decided to pass.  By which time Mitchell was covered and lost the ball.  Hearts need a midfield general who is quick if brain.

Absolutely bang on with this.

Central Belt 1874
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Lee:

30 games...6 goals. 7 assists.

He does need a wee sit down on the bench maybe though, give Harold a wee run.

Edwards...hope he's on about £250 a week.

Do you really think he needs benched? I think he’s offering everything he’s got tbh. But his speed and pace are never going to improve at his age. That’s his biggest weakness. 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Do you really think he needs benched? I think he’s offering everything he’s got tbh. But his speed and pace are never going to improve at his age. That’s his biggest weakness. 

He's 27, not 37. With sports science, training and his effort and application he can give another 10%. He has to want it though and maybe that's what's held him back in his career

1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

What’s the deal with this guy? Is he still with us, will we ever see him in maroon? 

He's hanging out with Malauray Martin in the gym each day. 

Maroon Sailor

Olly Lee is being used as the water carrier.

Reminds me of Derek Ferguson a little but at least Lee tries a shot at goal

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

What’s the deal with this guy? Is he still with us, will we ever see him in maroon? 

St Mirren terminated his loan. He’s back at Hearts but as he was named in a competitive match day squad he’s unable to move else where this season, which is why he didn’t go during the window. Doubt we’ll see him in the first team unless absolutely necessary. 

30 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

St Mirren terminated his loan. He’s back at Hearts but as he was named in a competitive match day squad he’s unable to move else where this season, which is why he didn’t go during the window. Doubt we’ll see him in the first team unless absolutely necessary. 

That's not true, see Scott Bain last season when he played for Dundee, was an unused sub for Hibs, who then let Celtic take him in that weird Scott Allan/Simon Murray deal. Edwards was only an unused sub so we could have loaned him out again, but either chose not to or couldn't find anyone to take him.

1 minute ago, Igglepiggle said:

That's not true, see Scott Bain last season when he played for Dundee, was an unused sub for Hibs, who then let Celtic take him in that weird Scott Allan/Simon Murray deal. Edwards was only an unused sub so we could have loaned him out again, but either chose not to or couldn't find anyone to take him.

He played in the Irn Bru cup for the reserves which is considered to be a senior fixture.

Most Aussies who don't make it here usually end up back in the A league. I think he can find another club if he's a free agent.

12 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He played in the Irn Bru cup for the reserves which is considered to be a senior fixture.

Ah, hadn't realised those counted as competitive since they're effectively reserve games but makes sense, cheers. ?

19 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

4 minutes ago, Igglepiggle said:

Ah, hadn't realised those counted as competitive since they're effectively reserve games but makes sense, cheers. ?

In fact that's not right either, Jack Aitchison has played for Celtic Colts in the Irn But cup as well as Dumbarton and Alloa this season, so we could have let Edwards go. Unless Celtic have been breaking the rules... 

2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Crossing the ball well is a skill. I don’t have the stats but id suggest Lee has contributed to a significant proportion of our goals this season (probably second only to Stevie Naismith in terms of goals and assists). He can be guilty of being a bit laboured at times but he’s a solid top 6 SPL centre mid.

3 goals, 4 assists from 24 in the league...not terrible, but certainly not anything special. Don’t think he would be a regular starter for any of the other top six sides.

4 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I hope to never see him play in a Hearts jersey. Awful player...no idea why we signed him.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Barry Anderson looked it up and he  played in the challenge cup for us, which is an official tournament. It is a harsh rule and should be changed if FIFA don’t want to tighten up the loan rules.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Barry Anderson looked it up and he  played in the challenge cup for us, which is an official tournament. It is a harsh rule and should be changed if FIFA don’t want to tighten up the loan rules.

As I said above either Barry Anderson is wrong or Celtic have a player who is playing for Alloa when he's ineligible as he's already played for Celtic in the Irn Bru cup and Dumbarton. Pretty sure Edwards could have been sent to another team in January. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Igglepiggle said:

As I said above either Barry Anderson is wrong or Celtic have a player who is playing for Alloa when he's ineligible as he's already played for Celtic in the Irn Bru cup and Dumbarton. Pretty sure Edwards could have been sent to another team in January. 

Sorry I hadn’t got that far down. The problem then might’ve been finding a team that wanted him. Only 18 months left on his contract ?.

maidstonejambo
19 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Hasn't even made the squad for today's reserve game against Morton, so he must be a long way down the pecking order

Jean Louis Valois
1 hour ago, maidstonejambo said:

Hasn't even made the squad for today's reserve game against Morton, so he must be a long way down the pecking order

Such a weird signing. He must be absolutely shocking in training if he doesn’t even get a sniff even in the reserves.

On 10/02/2019 at 20:10, loveofthegame said:

9 assists for Lee and 5 goals (plus the Dundee own goal free kick)

Wikipedia claims he celebrated online after St Mirrens 2-0 win over us during his loan. Don’t recall that, but if true he’s definitely a bit of a bell-end. :lol:

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Not been on kickback for a while...I see olly lee is the club's latest player for the club's fans to target

Gives clare a wee break.

24 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Not been on kickback for a while...I see olly lee is the club's latest player for the club's fans to target

Have you not been to our games for a while as well?

19 hours ago, maidstonejambo said:

Which seems a shame , i would have liked to  watch him play, to at least make my own mind up about the guy.

41 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Laughable post. 

He's been nothing but pish for us recently. 

On 10/02/2019 at 20:10, Tasavallan said:

This is what he does all the time. He has some nice touches and a decent dead ball player but our game is just too quick for him in open play.

I remember seeing Edwards play for PT in our first game at Tynecastle after the new stand opened and he was probably the best player on the park so god only knows what has happened to him.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is what he does all the time. He has some nice touches and a decent dead ball player but our game is just too quick for him in open play.

I remember seeing Edwards play for PT in our first game at Tynecastle after the new stand opened and he was probably the best player on the park so god only knows what has happened to him.

Must be non-football reasons Davy.  A disagreement somewhere along the line. He's been frozen out completely, in the same way that Martin has. 

We signed plenty players hoping they could make the grade. Often how many clubs do their business, especially when you have to work to a budget like we do.....

Burns

Mulraney

Lee

Edwards

Haring

Wighton 

All with a view to them coming in and stepping up a level. 

Haring did it immediately like a duck to water. 

Lee shows in flashes that he can make it but hasn't been great and will need to find more quality and consistency. 

Burns is still very young and hopefully his development will get him there.

Mulraney has worked his bollocks off. Admitted he wasn't ready and has made it his mission to make the most of this opportunity. Well done him and you can see it starting to pay off.

Wighton has been struggling with injuries. Might run out of time before he can prove himself but from what he has shown so far he has a long way to go.

Now Edwards, the whole point behind this. Signed on the same basis. Hoping he can make use of a fresh start and find the form he once showed before at his old club. Now, from the outside looking in, Simply doesn't have it in him and won't make it here. Much like the others he was worth taking a punt on but just doesn't have what it takes.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I have seen Edwards, more than once, playing for PT against us and thought he was a dangerous, attacking midfielder as he drove forward at defenders.  What has happened I do not know and even some Thistle supporters were on his case.