Levein rips pish out of Hibs attendances

Jammy T

I'm ready to be shot down here... but...

I'd say the comment is a wee bit irresponsible.

I love that sort of stuff. I'd like to see more managers do it. Especially our manager. The natural order line was a belter. Even got the Vermin suggesting Polis Glesca should be looking at it on sectarian grounds. 

The fitba experience these days is too sanitized. I've no problem at all with offensive chants, sectarian chants or racist chants. I've no problem with few lads having a stushie, even if it gets slightly out of hand.

Managers going down as if they've been shot when hit by a coin, players ditto when they've been tapped on the nose over a wall by an opposition fan, these folk need to harden the feck up.

However, regardless of how many agree with my view in private - and it's a decreasing number - the public face of fitba now is a long way removed from all that. There's undoubtedly been an upsurge in genuine antipathy between some of our fans and some of the Vermin's neds in the streets at derby games over the past two seasons. More pavement dancing, more tossing the WKD bottle and a few examples of guys being ****** over. The number of youthful fans taking things more seriously than has been the case in recent decades is increasing impressively. Some 50-year-old-plus guys also seem keen to renkidle their 1980s youthful excesses. 

As I say, I've no problem with any of that. If someone gets chibbed, they get chibbed. The way the more feisty kids are today, I can see a blade or two being produced in the very near future.

Scottish fitba's Powers That Be will not see it my way and shrug their shoulders. Nor will the press. They'll feign outrage. "Shocked and appalled" will be the official term. You never know what the SFA or SPFL might come up with when the combined forces of Sun, Record, Herald, Scotsman and social media are wielding pitchforks and torches.

Things should be less fractious with the Lurgan Bigot gone, but I don't think winding each other up is sensible at the minute.

Great dig by Craig though.  

Edited by G0rd0nM1lls
spelling

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Renault

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, G0rd0nM1lls said:

I'm ready to be shot down here... but...

I'd say the comment is a wee bit irresponsible.

I love that sort of stuff. I'd like to see more managers do it. Especially our manager. The natural order line was a belter. Even got the Vermin suggesting Polis Glesca should be looking at it on sectarian grounds. 

The fitba experience these days is too sanitized. I've no problem at all with offensive chants, sectarian chants or racist chants. I've no problem with few lads having a stushie, even if it gets slightly out of hand.

Managers going down as if they've been shot when hit by a coin, players ditto when they've been tapped on the nose over a wall by an opposition fan, these folk need to harden the feck up.

However, regardless of how many agree with my view in private - and it's a decreasing number - the public face of fitba now is a long way removed from all that. There's undoubtedly been an upsurge in genuine antipathy between some of our fans and some of the Vermin's neds in the streets at derby games over the past two seasons. More pavement dancing, more tossing the WKD bottle and a few examples of guys being ****** over. The number of youthful fans taking things more seriously than has been the case in recent decades is increasing impressively. Some 50-year-old-plus guys also seem keen to renkidle their 1980s youthful excesses. 

As I say, I've no problem with any of that. If someone gets chibbed, they get chibbed. The way the more feisty kids are today, I can see a blade or two being produced in the very near future.

Scottish fitba's Powers That Be will not see it my way and shrug their shoulders. Nor will the press. They'll feign outrage. "Shocked and appalled" will be the official term. You never know what the SFA or SPFL might come up with when the combined forces of Sun, Record, Herald, Scotsman and social media are wielding pitchforks and torches.

Things should be less fractious with the Lurgan Bigot gone, but I don't think winding each other up is sensible at the minute.

Great dig by Craig though.  

Not sure if this sly dig is as likely to cause as much problem as sectarian or racist songs? I’m all for slagging Hibs and although it was unnecessary it’s hilarious, better than being up to my knees in their blood imo.

2 hours ago, Renault said:

I certainly won't give you any such information but feel free to PM me and I'm happy to discuss.

No offence mate but I genuinely thought you were a Hibs fan going by the tone and content of your posts.

I'm not accusing you of being an interloper I thought you were up front with your Hibishness. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the latest attendance  figures have Hibs just ahead of us at this point.

That's true, but I posted on the attendance thread to point out that at the half way stage of the season, when we'd both played every other team once at home, we had the higher average.  Our average has been higher than them since the start of the season, up until our last home game, a midweek match against Livingston (which happens to be our lowest home attendance this season).  Their previous home game was against Aberdeen.

Whoever decided to run the article in the Scotsman about average league attendances is obviously a Hibs fan, and has waited for the only point this season at which their average home attendance has exceeded ours.  Their next home match is against Hamilton, so we'll see how that affects the averages.  You can be sure the Scotsman won't be publishing any figures if Hibs slip back below us again.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To be fair, Hibs do a good enough job of ripping the pish out of their own attendances themselves.  It’s highly amusing when they try to claim 17/18k there when the ground is half empty.

The difference is with the Scottish Cup they HAVE  to give actual attendances.

If Saturday had been a league game they would have been telling us 17k.

It's that ridiculous. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That's true, but I posted on the attendance thread to point out that at the half way stage of the season, when we'd both played every other team once at home, we had the higher average.  Our average has been higher than them since the start of the season, up until our last home game, a midweek match against Livingston (which happens to be our lowest home attendance this season).  Their previous home game was against Aberdeen.

Whoever decided to run the article in the Scotsman about average league attendances is obviously a Hibs fan, and has waited for the only point this season at which their average home attendance has exceeded ours.  Their next home match is against Hamilton, so we'll see how that affects the averages.  You can be sure the Scotsman won't be publishing any figures if Hibs slip back below us again.

Definitely, someone else said we should wait until they play bottom six games in front of less than 10k before judging. They’re just trying to make the Hibbies feel better.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, someone else said we should wait until they play bottom six games in front of less than 10k before judging. They’re just trying to make the Hibbies feel better.

Absolutely, and if they do finish bottom 6 this year, we'll see how their ST sales hold up for next season.

Their ST sales  were on a steady decline for a number of years, then got a big boost due to the feelgood factor from winning the cup, which was sustained after they managed to win promotion at the 3rd attempt, and again after their best season in the top flight for over a decade.

You can see this season from the large number of empty spaces that a lot of ST holders are no longer bothering to turn up.  Unless the new manager is able to turn things around, it's likely that a lot of their fair weather fans will decide to disappear back into their boxes.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Renault said:

It's a smart move in order to gain support. It'll be absolutely lapped up by certain sections of our support.

Spencer under yet another alias by any chance ?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Absolutely, and if they do finish bottom 6 this year, we'll see how their ST sales hold up for next season.

Their ST sales  were on a steady decline for a number of years, then got a big boost due to the feelgood factor from winning the cup, which was sustained after they managed to win promotion at the 3rd attempt, and again after their best season in the top flight for over a decade.

You can see this season from the large number of empty spaces that a lot of ST holders are no longer bothering to turn up.  Unless the new manager is able to turn things around, it's likely that a lot of their fair weather fans will decide to disappear back into their boxes.

Can’t but agree with all of that ??, is there a parade with the half season attendance figures planned in the near future ?. Back to under 10k next season and cuts to the playing budget, what a wee shame ?.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t but agree with all of that ??, is there a parade with the half season attendance figures planned in the near future ?. Back to under 10k next season and cuts to the playing budget, what a wee shame ?.

They can still console themselves that they have a bigger capacity stadium than us, pity it just means the empty spaces will be even more apparent.  :2thumbsup:

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If you can remember a better player i'd love to hear who.

On a thread a few weeks ago, someone mentioned Paul Ritchie. 

Oh how we laughed.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Renault said:

The inadequacies? If you have been watching the last few weeks you'll already know. Injuries have been a huge factor but having followed through previous Levein years I am sceptical of aesthetically pleasing football.

13 points out of 18 in the last ''few weeks''.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

You know what? I don't think there's enough ripping the pish out of Hibs on here anymore. In days gone by, there'd nearly always be a thread on the first page tearing those utter cockwombles a new one. We're too soft on them nowadays in my opinion. 

Some are too busy attacking our own.

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Posting style certainly familiar

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Oh how we laughed.

Belter

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

No offence mate but I genuinely thought you were a Hibs fan going by the tone and content of your posts.

I'm not accusing you of being an interloper I thought you were up front with your Hibishness. 

I think he is a Hearts fan. He’s just yet another example of a Hearts fan who hates Levein more than he loves Hearts. 

It’s amazing how many of them have only joined JKB recently and they tend to only last a month or two before coming back under a new username.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

13 points out of 18 in the last ''few weeks''.

And two cup tie wins. 

Shite form. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I think he is a Hearts fan. He’s just yet another example of a Hearts fan who hates Levein more than he loves Hearts. 

It’s amazing how many of them have only joined JKB recently and they tend to only last a month or two before coming back under a new username.

Actually think there are only a handful, but as each one goes through about 35 accounts a month it looks/ seems allot more. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Oh how we laughed.

???

I liked Richie, but Ffs. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Craig Levein tearing the pish out of Hibs almost gives me a sensation in the nether regions.

It's the way he does it as well, tho. 

Just we cute comments, nothing like Lennon being a complete ***** on the park. 

Just the odd wee comment here and there. 

"it's a good laugh, innit" 

Also started to boss them on the pitch as well now, just as they return to a bottom 6 team. ?

Jambo in Yorkshire

I wonder if Hibs fans will ask questions at their next AGM about the “average” attendances not increasing their  income substantially?

Or did they give away a “few” season tickets cheaply?

Hibs give shedloads of tickets away for free.

I strongly suspect they count these giveaways and season tickets irrespective of whether people turn up.

Attendance piss-taking is funny, up to a point, but I’d rather finish above Aberdeen than have 2000 more fans than them.

9 hours ago, Renault said:

I think Levein is pandering to a section of our support to disguise other inadequacies.

You mean pandering to 100% of our support that hate Hibs and take any opportunity they can to rip the pish out of them?

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You mean pandering to 100% of our support that hate Hibs and take any opportunity they can to rip the pish out of them?

What a lot of people on here refuse to recognise is that while CL is the Hearts manager... he is 100% a Hearts FAN and because of that he thinks the same way as the common Hearts FAN he will take the pish whenever the opportunity presents itself. You can also sense he knows when he does it, it grind their cogs... and being a Hearst fan he loves that!

Edited by jock _turd

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

There is nothing like a thread like this for outing the trolls and Hibs interlopers.

Any Hearts fan that doesn't find it amusing to see CL ripping the Hibs is not a Hearts man at all.

The so called new posters who all just happen to dislike CL is very suspicious as well.

Does JKB ever have new posters who are supportive of the club ?

11 hours ago, Renault said:

It's a smart move in order to gain support. It'll be absolutely lapped up by certain sections of our support.

The ‘section’ of our support who enjoy ripping the piss out of the shite? Yes. Yes it does.

10 hours ago, Renault said:

I'm all for laughing at our rivals.

Really? Doesn’t come across that way. You are far more likely to be found having a pop at Hearts or Levein on here. Don’t think I’ve ever seen you have a pop at the shite. Then, when an opportunity to do so arises, you twist it round to have a pop at the Hearts fans and Levein...

10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

.net are raging - lololololol some beautiful reading!

Some on jamboskickback are too, for some weird reason. Must be strange finding yourself constantly on the same side as Hibs supporters, but there you go. 

gorgie rd eh11

Hibs started the "ripping the pish out of attendances" with the ridiculous numbers they've been giving out in recent seasons.

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

12 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

In his 3 spells with us-14, 4 and  5 years and still counting. 

And folk ask why he's a legend, PHM, etc. 

?

Got you now Tosh :thumbsup:

And, you’re right, he is a Hearts legend.

9 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

I think you’re onto something. ?

15 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Getting torn in about these inbred mutants is never unnecessary.

I don't have a problem with Craig Levein ripping the pish out of Hibs at all. I enjoy it. I just thought this latest attempt was a bit shite. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Darren said:

I don't have a problem with Craig Levein ripping the pish out of Hibs at all. I enjoy it. I just thought this latest attempt was a bit shite. 

It's that shite it's got a 7 page thread on party planners!

???

Wait until we pap them to the bottom 6.

His, oh it's a shame we won't play them again type comment after the game will be just as shite as this one. ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Wait until we pap them to the bottom 6.

His, oh it's a shame we won't play them again type comment after the game will be just as shite as this one. ?

That'll be great. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Darren said:

That'll be great. 

Hibs being in the bottom six after some on here saying they were years ahead of us less than 1 year ago certainly is great. 

Ofc, for others us being above hibs is not good, doesn't fit in well with their CL is shite rhetoric. 

11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To be fair, Hibs do a good enough job of ripping the pish out of their own attendances themselves.  It’s highly amusing when they try to claim 17/18k there when the ground is half empty.

They do this in most games now, no class.

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hibs being in the bottom six after some on here saying they were years ahead of us less than 1 year ago certainly is great. 

Ofc, for others us being above hibs is not good, doesn't fit in well with their CL is shite rhetoric. 

The summer patter was ******* brutal, they're years ahead of us, we have 18 points to make up, blah blah blah. It was shite then and it's shite now.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

They do this in most games now, no class.

I thought thier ground had a capacity of 40k giving the numbers they report. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

The summer patter was ******* brutal, they're years ahead of us, we have 18 points to make up, blah blah blah. It was shite then and it's shite now.

Just good to see it proven as shite. 

You'd think that would be a good thing for any Hearts fan, but it seems sone aren't happy. 

No idea why. ?

The Old Tolbooth

The Dingles are absolutely frothing at the gash over this, it's beautiful trolling by our leader :food-smiley-004:

I can't believe supposed Hearts fans are against this tbh, any Dingle bashing is great in my book! 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The Dingles are absolutely frothing at the gash over this, it's beautiful trolling by our leader :food-smiley-004:

I can't believe supposed Hearts fans are against this tbh, any Dingle bashing is great in my book! 

7 Page thread over there full of in-fighting and "jambo"-outing, it's beautiful to see. 

Well done Mr Levein.  Well done. 

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

7 Page thread over there full of in-fighting and "jambo"-outing, it's beautiful to see. 

Well done Mr Levein.  Well done. 

If you dont enjoy Hibs getting ripped the pish out of by CL, you are either;

1. Hibs

2. Hibs

3. Someone who hates CL more than Hibs

4. Hibs