Vanecek

Maroon Sailor

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hardly a crime worth vilifying for though is it?

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

That’s exactly the attitude we want at Tynecastle. Ambition and targets.

Agreed However  I was responding to a  member who suggested that Vanacek wasn’t making his mouth go in the press before arriving. He was. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• 1874robbo

• Beast Boy

• Guffers

Seymour M Hersh
50 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Agreed However  I was responding to a  member who suggested that Vanacek wasn’t making his mouth go in the press before arriving. He was. 

"Making his mouth go" makes it sound like you thought he was boasting and bragging. Even inferring he'll pish this league in an arrogant sort of way. He wasn't.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

"Making his mouth go" makes it sound like you thought he was boasting and bragging. Even inferring he'll pish this league in an arrogant sort of way. He wasn't.

He was mouthing off. Even Levein alluded to that.

rudi must stay

With Uche back McLean will improve again. Those two look to be on the same wavelength

11 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Nothing wrong with McLean IMO

What's he got? 6 goals. That is not a bad return at all at this stage in the season 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

With Uche back McLean will improve again. Those two look to be on the same wavelength

What's he got? 6 goals. That is not a bad return at all at this stage in the season 

Tbh Maclean’s ‘stats’ are deceiving. It’s 6 in total but only 2 in the league, and it’s worth pointing out from that 6 three were against Auchinleck Talbot, Cove Rangers and Cowdenbeath.

2 Goals in 19 league games is pretty shit.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

30 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh Maclean’s ‘stats’ are deceiving. It’s 6 in total but only 2 in the league, and it’s worth pointing out from that 6 three were against Auchinleck Talbot, Cove Rangers and Cowdenbeath.

2 Goals in 19 league games is pretty shit.

The guys 36 and contributes in other ways such as link up play. Has struggled without uche tbf

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

The guys 36 and contributes in other ways such as link up play. Has struggled without uche tbf

Everyone struggled with Uche missing because he creates so much space for others to play in.

Contributes in other ways aswell of course.

11 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gaffer suggesting he will probably make bench for Saturday but has a big job trying to oust the big itch.

Cream might work 

12 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gaffer suggesting he will probably make bench for Saturday but has a big job trying to oust the big itch.

If we get a reasonable lead he’s worth bringing on to get some match fitness. 

We already have Uche & Maclean who rarely score, so hopefully Vanacek knows where the goal is, when fit.

Too many non-scoring attacking players in the squad as it is.

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We already have Uche & Maclean who rarely score, so hopefully Vanacek knows where the goal is, when fit.

Too many non-scoring attacking players in the squad as it is.

Fits in perfectly with CL's style of play. We don't have one natural goal scorer in the team. Most forward passes from Lee, Naismith and Haring are simply booted backwards by the forward line. 

7 minutes ago, Prof said:

Fits in perfectly with CL's style of play. We don't have one natural goal scorer in the team. Most forward passes from Lee, Naismith and Haring are simply booted backwards by the forward line. 

I’d say Keena is a natural goal scorer.

40 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’d say Keena is a natural goal scorer.

i agree but can we afford to accommodate 3 strikers on the bench? Van, McLean and Keena.....Keena has goals in him and deserves his chance. I would like to see more of him against teams like St Mirren.

3 minutes ago, GYL said:

i agree but can we afford to accommodate 3 strikers on the bench? Van, McLean and Keena.....Keena has goals in him and deserves his chance. I would like to see more of him against teams like St Mirren.

No we shouldn’t accommodate 3 on the bench, they should only make the bench if deemed good/fit enough.

competition for places is good and hopefully keeps them all on their toes vying for 2 striker berths on the bench.

38 minutes ago, Barack said:

In all honesty, home games against St. Mirren, are exactly the types of games to play two upfront. With Naisy, Clare/Djoum/Lee/Haring supporting, & exploiting, the inevitable spaces given.

Spot on