Hearts women

3fingersreid

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As I said, psychologically forced into accepting this and seeing it some people's way.

See this project as I do or you are nasty ________________insert platitude here__________________ 

I don't have an issue with you holding whatever view you like.  Your prerogative.

If that view is misogynist and displays a worrying attitude towards women in general, I'll call it out as unacceptable in 2019.

I also notice that despite your repeated needling visits to this thread, you've never once directly responded to the points I've raised.  Reasoned debate not your style?  Rather bleat about imaginary psychological coercion?  Or are you just yanking chains for the sake of it, as per your previous.....?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

• 3fingersreid

• Nookie Bear

Generic Username

Perception : young girls using jumpers for goalposts wearing 2004/2005 replica tops used to lure out sexual deviants

Reality : a ladies Hearts football club, supported and partnered with Heart of Midlothian.

Just now, Meestah Sahmon said:

Perception : young girls using jumpers for goalposts wearing 2004/2005 replica tops used to lure out sexual deviants

Reality : a ladies Hearts football club, supported and partnered with Ann Budge.

FTFY

1 minute ago, JamboFever said:

I don't have an issue with you holding whatever view you like.  Your prerogative.

If that view is misogynist and displays a worrying attitude towards women in general, I'll call it out as unacceptable in 2019.

I also notice that despite your repeated needling visits to this thread, you've never once directly responded to the points I've raised.  Reasoned debate not your style?  Rather bleat about imaginary psychological coercion?  Or are you just yanking chains for the sake of it, as per your previous.....?

Learn about misogyny and we can debate.  I know it is a nice buzz word that you can throw around and make yourself feel and look good but you have clearly no idea what it actually means.

Good grief!!! We (proper Hearts fans) should be 100% behind All of our teams whether they be juniors, women, or whatever. Is i8 living with Jacob Rees-Mogg in the 18th century or what?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

FTFY

Is Ann also funding Celtic Ladies to go fully professional?  She seems to be behind the whole nefarious scheme in your wee bubble...

Learn about misogyny and we can debate.  I know it is a nice buzz word that you can throw around and make yourself feel and look good but you have clearly no idea what it actually means.

You've got a brass neck given your shambolic performance on this thread.  It's not a buzzword, it's a very real, pernicious and ingrained set of attitudes that you have effortlessly displayed at some length.  Find someone else to hector in an effort to cover up your own glaring shotcomings in this area.

As always, you determinedly deflect from the valid and extensive points about Hearts Women and womens' football in general many posters have made here (arguing cogently both for and against Hearts involvement in the womens' game).  This is how the grown-ups do it, you're welcome to join in and contribute any time you feel capable....

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This thread has descended down a predictable path.  Anyone who does not support their club opening their doors to one big massive vanity/community project hates women, does not support women playing sport and thinks women are inferior. 

I will never get on board with this Brown Owl nonsense, never.  No matter how much psychological bullying I am forced to put up with.  It is a nonsense that I am being asked to view these girls in some way a ‘Hearts team’. 

I support these girls in wanting to be active and I fully respect them as humans I am sure (never met one though) but they are as much ‘Hearts’ as if the club were to start a disabled tiddlywinks team. Oh I mentioned ‘ disabled’ so I must also hate the disabled.

Hearts to me are the team that play in the SPL.  I like to know we are doing well at youth level and will always go “yeh” when I hear we win in the reserves but I truly don’t give much of a ****.  It is all about the big boys I am afraid and always will be.

There it is. “It’s all about the big boys and I’m afraid it always will be”. Nobody’s trying to take anything away from the men, the boys, the male first team, you, or anyone else. Is that what worries you? That the status of the men’s team will be somehow diminished?

I have to say it - I find your furious reactions to women-related subjects pretty unsettling these days i8. So much anger, resentment and contempt. It’s genuinely concerning.

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Good grief!!! We (proper Hearts fans) should be 100% behind All of our teams whether they be juniors, women, or whatever. Is i8 living with Jacob Rees-Mogg in the 18th century or what?

So you are trying to tell me that if Hearts ladies lost to Hibs ladies you would give even the dustiest of shits?

54 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This thread has descended down a predictable path.  Anyone who does not support their club opening their doors to one big massive vanity/community project hates women, does not support women playing sport and thinks women are inferior. 

I will never get on board with this Brown Owl nonsense, never.  No matter how much psychological bullying I am forced to put up with.  It is a nonsense that I am being asked to view these girls in some way a ‘Hearts team’. 

I support these girls in wanting to be active and I fully respect them as humans I am sure (never met one though) but they are as much ‘Hearts’ as if the club were to start a disabled tiddlywinks team. Oh I mentioned ‘ disabled’ so I must also hate the disabled.

Hearts to me are the team that play in the SPL.  I like to know we are doing well at youth level and will always go “yeh” when I hear we win in the reserves but I truly don’t give much of a ****.  It is all about the big boys I am afraid and always will be.

See your first paragraph , I opened this thread with the line

“FOR  THOSE THAT  ARE INTERESTED. “

Now I get it we have free speech and I’m all for it but it’s down to you and other posters who have taken it down that “predictable path” you talk about ! 

If I’d opened it talking about the financial aspect then a lot of previous posts would be relevant but I was solely mentioning the result from the game . 

I feel sorry that you feel you’re getting bullied, that’s unfair , but perhaps you should avoid certain threads ? 

Generic Username
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So you are trying to tell me that if Hearts ladies lost to Hibs ladies you would give even the dustiest of shits?

Has anyone actually suggested that the results or success of the ladies football club is as important to them as whatever bond they may feel with the men's team? Missed that one.

2 minutes ago, redm said:

There it is. “It’s all about the big boys and I’m afraid it always will be”. Nobody’s trying to take anything away from the men, the boys, the male first team, you, or anyone else. Is that what worries you? That the status of the men’s team will be somehow diminished?

I have to say it - I find your furious reactions to women-related subjects pretty unsettling these days i8. So much anger, resentment and contempt. It’s genuinely concerning.

Everything has to be about sex, race, gender etc with you though nowadays redm, literally everything.  It is like you are obsessed.  My views are not personal to women.  I am just not getting on board a with this vanity project.  Not now, not tomorrow, not ever.  The reason is, I feel absolutely no connection and the standard is atrocious. This is not a personal attack on women, it is just simply I could not care about the ladies team.  Why would I? The amount of times I have ever seen on JKB or heard any Hearts fan EVER say “we need a ladies team” is zero.  Now we have one and we all seemingly must skip to the beat or in some way be morally inferior.  I will say it again, If Hearts ladies lost 40 nil to Hibs I would not give one ounce of a ****.  Not one.  Why must I?  I do not hate women and I certainly hold no ill feeling.  I prefer women to men in almost every way.  Women are better people.  But hey, they are utterly shite at football and I have no interest in ever watching or taking an interest.  It is 100% my choice and I don’t need a whole bunch of people psychologically bullying me into thinking I am in some way in the wrong for this.

Calebs Grandad

Heart of Midlothian name is one we feel proud of so a women’s team carrying it is fine by me as it allows any female supporter interested in playing the game something to aim for. If we started a basketball team I’d want them to do well but any win or loss would have zero impact on my life in the same way as the women’s side. I live and breath Heart of Midlothian FC as do my kids and oldest grandson but have no allegiance to any other team carrying the name other than hoping they do well.

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

See your first paragraph , I opened this thread with the line

“FOR  THOSE THAT  ARE INTERESTED. “

Now I get it we have free speech and I’m all for it but it’s down to you and other posters who have taken it down that “predictable path” you talk about ! 

If I’d opened it talking about the financial aspect then a lot of previous posts would be relevant but I was solely mentioning the result from the game . 

I feel sorry that you feel you’re getting bullied, that’s unfair , but perhaps you should avoid certain threads ? 

I am very interested.  I am very interested into why we are doing this and want to debate the value of it.  To me it brings nothing to the table of HMFC.   It just strengthens my belief that we are slowly but so very surely becoming a community centre as opposed to a football club.

Generic Username

Everything has to be about sex, race, gender etc with you though nowadays redm, literally everything.  It is like you are obsessed.  My views are not personal to women.  I am just not getting on board a with this vanity project.  Not now, not tomorrow, not ever.  The reason is, I feel absolutely no connection and the standard is atrocious. This is not a personal attack on women, it is just simply I could not care about the ladies team.  Why would I? The amount of times I have ever seen on JKB or heard any Hearts fan EVER say “we need a ladies team” is zero.  Now we have one and we all seemingly must skip to the beat or in some way be morally inferior.  I will say it again, If Hearts ladies lost 40 nil to Hibs I would not give one ounce of a ****.  Not one.  Why must I?  I do not hate women and I certainly hold no ill feeling.  I prefer women to men in almost every way.  Women are better people.  But hey, they are utterly shite at football and I have no interest in ever watching or taking an interest.  It is 100% my choice and I don’t need a whole bunch of people psychologically bullying me into thinking I am in some way in the wrong for this.

Literally no one has said you should, or have to.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Get over yourself mate. You're not being 'psychologically bullied'. People are merely sating the fact that your views are incredibly outdated and unfair to women who want to play the game.

The fact that you think you;d be better than them shows just how little you know about the women's game and yet you feel like you need to pontificate about how it's terrible and a vanity project for Ann Budge (a comment which is definitely sexist).

No-one in here is saying you need to care about the women's team, but you have consistently questioned its right to exist just because you're not interested, which is incredibly selfish, short-sighted and, dare I say it, snowflake behaviour.

I am very interested.  I am very interested into why we are doing this and want to debate the value of it.  To me it brings nothing to the table of HMFC.   It just strengthens my belief that we are slowly but so very surely becoming a community centre as opposed to a football club.

Not sure I’d call it debating , we’ll need to agree to disagree with that . 

Again the OP was informing those interested in the result not about the many wider issues that I’m reading about . 

I’m far from obsessed but even if I was, I can absolutely understand why it would maybe be more regularly apparent to you than others. I can barely find the time to post these days but I can’t read past this stuff and not stop to call it out. It would feel wrong. I’ve always felt this way, it’s not just “nowadays”, I just care less about what people think of imy opinions the older I get.

There’s a pattern here. I don’t believe you have much time for women at all. I think they trigger you in a variety of ways and that’s a real shame. Like I said, it’s unsettling. 

6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Have to say I agree. It seems to be equality for equality's sake, or "keeping up with the Jones's", or driven by Ann simply because she is also a woman...I struggle to see how this assists the first team in any way whatsoever. It is just a potential distraction for the hormonal teenagers at the club, hardly any different from having a cheerleading squad...

Worst thing is that it feels like we are getting into women's football just to deny Hibs a monopoly in this town...

I'd expect all of our youngsters to behave appropriately and be taught throughout their time with us as to the standards of behaviour expected at Hearts. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Are you seriously, after all your posts just on this thread, never mind your history of posts on the forum, trying to pretend you don't find women inferior? 

And yes, they are a Hearts team. They play for Hearts and they wear the Hearts jersey. You don't need to give much of a **** about them, for sure, that is your absolute right. But despite your protests to the contrary, you do seem to be going way, way, way beyond "not giving a ****"...

Wrong. The SPL was abolished in 2013.

I thought you only cared about the Hearts 1st team? Strange that you wouldn't know what league they play in.

Also, the fact that you have to so vehemently defend your 'views' show's how outdated they are. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Have to say I agree. It seems to be equality for equality's sake, or "keeping up with the Jones's", or driven by Ann simply because she is also a woman...I struggle to see how this assists the first team in any way whatsoever. It is just a potential distraction for the hormonal teenagers at the club, hardly any different from having a cheerleading squad...

Worst thing is that it feels like we are getting into women's football just to deny Hibs a monopoly in this town...

I8 has been trumped. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, redm said:

What he said. 

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Women are better people.  But hey, they are utterly shite at football and I have no interest in ever watching or taking an interest. 

Okay.?

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's easy to say that pro clubs haven't been affected by having women's teams but there are plenty of examples of clubs closing theirs down due to the financial pressures.   

Can you give a few examples from this plentiful list please ??

32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Well start it’s own thread on the merit of the women’s section , I put up the result of the game for those interested . I get it you don’t want the women’s team but given the custodians of the club have decided to move forward with it you’ll need to suck it up at present . 

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Are you or aren’t you interested as you seem to have a foot in each camp ? 

Bazzas right boot

Out with the personal opinions of women and football... 

Folk that can't see the benefit of a football club getting involved in a growing football market. 

:fonzie:

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Can you give a few examples from this plentiful list please ??

Not off the top of my head frank no, it's not a subject I've paid a lot of attention to, I just remember noting it happening on multiple occasions. The only one I specifically remember was Man U in the 2000s, they couldn't justify the cost as it wasn't part of their core business. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, redm said:

:biggrin:

Showed my wife this thread. 

Gave us a laugh, but she did say that a certain poster was coming across creepy as ****. 

Won't say which one. ?

56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is all about the big boys I am afraid and always will be.

56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Everything has to be about sex, race, gender etc with you though nowadays redm, literally everything.

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not off the top of my head frank no, it's not a subject I've paid a lot of attention to, I just remember noting it happening on multiple occasions. The only one I specifically remember was Man U in the 2000s, they couldn't justify the cost as it wasn't part of their core business. 

One team 15-20 year ago is not a plentiful list. 

Many teams are now involved in women's football and grown since then. 

19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well start it’s own thread on the merit of the women’s section , I put up the result of the game for those interested . I get it you don’t want the women’s team but given the custodians of the club have decided to move forward with it you’ll need to suck it up at present . 

Okay, can we talk about giving the captaincy to vermin :smug2:

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

One team 15-20 year ago is not a plentiful list. 

Many teams are now involved in women's football and grown since then. 

I know, it's the example that sprung to mind. If I could be arsed I'd research it but I give the core business argument more weight anyway. 

As I've said all along though, if it's what the fans think we should be doing, then we should be doing it.

We are and always have been a community football club. Communities consist of both females and males. Next time you are at Tynecastle just have a really good look at the number of females in attendance. It's taking time but women's football is growing year on year. It will receive a massive boost this year with Scotland women participating in the world cup in France. No one whatsoever is forcing you to watch women's football. Those of us that do lay off us and let us get on with it.

I don't really give the dustist of shits about the results of the majority of football games played in the Scottish Leagues.....and that's men's football.

It's very important to them, however, and that's, surely, the point here. 

If the club, which we will shortly own, decides, after consultation with us, that it is a good idea, you'll have to go along with it....or not !

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Okay, can we talk about giving the captaincy to vermin :smug2:

She’s vice captain , captain currently coming back from injury , that said I will mention her instagram ? comments tho ??

52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You know there’s been numerous examples yet can only think of one from 15 years ago? ?

20 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wonder what i8's employer's equality & diversity policy is.

:lol:

I’d be interested in their work experience student policy ?

Remnants of Standards

Myself and a mate were thinking of heading to France for the womens' world cup this year. So are we misguided, peados, or just a bit of both?

11 minutes ago, Politbordeaux said:

Myself and a mate were thinking of heading to France for the womens' world cup this year. So are we misguided, peados, or just a bit of both?

Peados.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm concerned about a story about a dirty peado getting giddy looking at 14 year old school girls.

Wtf is that about?

I know, if you want to get giddy, look no further than the main Hearts team. 

?

1533044624haring.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000424115937.jpg

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

46 minutes ago, Politbordeaux said:

Watched the women’s FA Cup final at Wembley a couple of years ago. Was decent.

Forever Hearts

No harm to the women but I have zero interest in their football. The standard is appalling and the goalkeeping is abysmal. I also don't want ANY funds that could be going to the youths or first team going towards the ladies team. They are watched by three men and a dog and no matter how much fans of the ladies game try and convince us otherwise it will never really take off. Nothing wrong with them having a kickabout though. 

29 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I know, if you want to get giddy, look no further than the main Hearts team. 

?

1533044624haring.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000424115937.jpg

What fine looking chaps.

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No harm to the women but I have zero interest in their football. The standard is appalling and the goalkeeping is abysmal. I also don't want ANY funds that could be going to the youths or first team going towards the ladies team. They are watched by paedos and no matter how much fans of the ladies game try and convince us otherwise it will never really take off. Nothing wrong with them having a kickabout though. 

Who else would want to watch them?

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Who else would want to watch them?

You've lost me there with the bit you've changed in my post.