Hearts women

3fingersreid

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Two things.

1. Never, and I really mean never in my life have I said women should not play football.

2. The whole 'they are representing Hearts' does not wash with me. I feel zero connection to them regardless of badge. 

Can I ask what exactly your connection is to the starting eleven on Sunday v Talbot ? 

Unless you’re related to them or a personal friend what’s the difference ? 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

• 3fingersreid

• Nookie Bear

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Can I ask what exactly your connection is to the starting eleven on Sunday v Talbot ? 

Unless you’re related to them or a personal friend what’s the difference ? 

I am a Hearts supporter.  Supported them my entire life.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I am a Hearts supporter.  Supported them my entire life.

Not arguing that , what I’m asking is what is your connection as you implied that you can only support them if you have a connection to the team 

In the space of a few hours I8's argument has gone from women shouldn't be playing football because they are basically a bit shite at most things to women shouldn't be playing football because some pervert might go and watch them.

That's some argument.

Generic Username

I think i8 is right, we need to put an end to this Hearts ladies football rubbish to protect 14 year old girls from having to run past a sea of masterbating oddballs for 90 minutes week in week out.

Some seem to have an awful lot to say about a subject they clearly know little and supposedly care even less about. 

Thankfully our club is run by people who reside in this century  Sadly a few ‘fans’ need to catch up 

15 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

In the space of a few hours I8's argument has gone from women shouldn't be playing football because they are basically a bit shite at most things to women shouldn't be playing football because some pervert might go and watch them.

That's some argument.

Exactly, it’s pathetic 

Jesus effing christ. Even if that was a valid concern, why on earth should you prevent women and girls from playing football just because there's some men around who can't control themselves? Why even let women leave the house at all hey? 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

That's some argument.

His argument, on logic is actually worse than that..... 

He mentioned elite sports people as the reason then tried to justify the relative placing of Hearts on the football ladder and the boxing divisions that are OK, even although a very light weight would get pasted of even a shite heavy weight and Hearts are shite compared to the elite football teams. 

I'm hoping he's tongue in cheek because his arguments are about as robust as the current brexit strategy. 

It's a bit creepy as well. 

...a bit disco

Creepy misogynist expounds his world views in a creepily misogynistic manner and people are surprised?

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

WTF? Where did I say "fine"?

There are a million honourable reasons to watch school boys play but very few to watch school girls imo.

I'm moderately glad you admit your frankly weird and unacceptable opinions are borne out of your own personal brand of cynicism and, well, weirdness rather than anything outlandish like hard facts.

In your world:

- Girls / women don't deserve the opportunity to follow their passion for a sport to the highest levels their ability may take them.

- Girls / women should not be watched playing said sport by the opposite gender because that gender's reasons for attending are automatically suspect.

- Half the human race do not deserve to have their sporting endeavours financially (or otherwise) supported because they will never reach the dizzy heights the other half can achieve.

Utterly delighted to be living on a very different planet to the one you appear to inhabit, chief.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, redm said:

Jesus effing christ. Even if that was a valid concern, why on earth should you prevent women and girls from playing football just because there's some men around who can't control themselves? Why even let women leave the house at all hey? 

Hawd the bus....... Women can leave the house? 

Maybe I'm wrong but I can Imagine I8 getting of a plane if the pilot was a women. ?

Bazzas right boot

The £100k we have put aside for this would be better spent on a contract extension for Martin and Sammon. 

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, redm said:

Why even let women leave the house at all hey? 

Oh God, don't give him ideas.

I've started hearing a lot of i8's posts in an Alan Partridge voice.

"There are a million honourable reasons to watch school boys play - but very few to watch school girls"

:lol:  

This thread is heading for the classics (as long as it doesn't get too tasteless).

I'm not a big fan of this, I like that we do community stuff but I don't want us diversifying and losing our focus, which is of course the first team fighting for honours in Scottish football.

I'm not saying this is a huge distraction, rather that I think I'm starting to have concerns about how much our endeavours are focused on things aside from the first team.

I get that it's a growing sport, but I don't think there'll be huge interest generated from the world cup and I doubt the commercial arguments.

But that's not what validates it, at the end of the day if this is what most of our fans think we should be doing, then that's what I think we should be doing.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I sometimes talk to females at my work in the kitchen.

Am I a perv?

Seems like a highlight of your day

So, Probably. ?

Do you diarise these "talks"? 

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not a big fan of this, I like that we do community stuff but I don't want us diversifying and losing our focus, which is of course the first team fighting for honours in Scottish football.

I'm not saying this is a huge distraction, rather that I think I'm starting to have concerns about how much our endeavours are focused on things aside from the first team.

I get that it's a growing sport, but I don't think there'll be huge interest generated from the world cup and I doubt the commercial arguments.

But that's not what validates it, at the end of the day if this is what most of our fans think we should be doing, then that's what I think we should be doing.

Totally agree!

Would love to see my daughter turn out in the famous Maroon at some point.

Until then she'll just have to make do with thrashing them every time she plays them :lol:

The funniest bit about all this is that the bigots and misogynists have definitively lost the argument around women's football.

So they can be as angry as they want about Hearts supporting their women's team, but it will still happen, and they will go from strength to strength as these sad individuals type angrily at their keyboards with increasingly obtuse and embarrassing drivel.

:greggy:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Having a women's team doesn't seem to have hampered the progress of hundreds of other pro clubs so I'm not worried in the slightest. I don't think there's a problem with our focus either, I think it's just a natural evolution of a modern football club. Big Hearts and the community arm of the club aren't taking anything away from the playing squad. There's more than enough room for all of it and if you want to get a bit cynical it all works out pretty well for the football side of things when that goodwill brings you benefactors who like to throw you a few mil every once in a while. If football wasn't "more than just a game" it wouldn't be half as popular or as important as it is. 

1 hour ago, redm said:

Having a women's team doesn't seem to have hampered the progress of hundreds of other pro clubs so I'm not worried in the slightest. I don't think there's a problem with our focus either, I think it's just a natural evolution of a modern football club. Big Hearts and the community arm of the club aren't taking anything away from the playing squad. There's more than enough room for all of it and if you want to get a bit cynical it all works out pretty well for the football side of things when that goodwill brings you benefactors who like to throw you a few mil every once in a while. If football wasn't "more than just a game" it wouldn't be half as popular or as important as it is. 

Spot on redm - far too much typical Scottish cynicism and ‘aye been’ mentality on show mixed with a disappointingly large amount of misogyny and sexism.

I guess it is not surprising but it’s disappointing that it is not surprising.

Scotland - this supposedly open and progressive country that banishes Brexit and welcomes refugees yet still has Neanderthals that bemoan our own club being progressive and open for all.

I think the word that sums this up is “arseholes”

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Would you feel 100% comfortable with some random bloke watching your 14 year old daughter and her pals run about playing football.  You would feel 100% comfortable, think it was the most normal thing on the planet and invite him for a pint after the game?

I’d feel 100% uncomfortable with some creep sitting on the bus staring at my 14 year old daughter in her school uniform and getting aroused ?

I'm surprised by some of the posts .

Hearts are a football club.

A professional one.

I think that the promotion of the game should be a fundamental part of all the top teams in Scotland.

That includes women.

Hearts men one week at Tynecastle.

Hearts women next week.

Financially speaking it's a no brainer.

52 minutes ago, jake said:

I'm surprised by some of the posts .

Hearts are a football club.

A professional one.

I think that the promotion of the game should be a fundamental part of all the top teams in Scotland.

That includes women.

Hearts men one week at Tynecastle.

Hearts women next week.

Financially speaking it's a no brainer.

I think financially it would be a loss if this happened. The cost to run the stadium on a match day would be higher than any revenue brought in. Also it would take its toll on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, ZEUS said:

I think financially it would be a loss if this happened. The cost to run the stadium on a match day would be higher than any revenue brought in. Also it would take its toll on the pitch. 

I think a lot of people on this thread are forgetting that the only way for the women’s game to grow is by making the effort to go along, pay your money, and watch the games on a regular basis. 

Just saying it’s a Good Thing will not make any difference...it needs bums on seats. 

Will be interesting to see the attendances for the home games. 

10 hours ago, McCrae said:

I don’t care as long as the club makes money or the investment is small.  Ladies football makes no money and the club is spending too much relative to our profits on supporting ladies  football.

No we are not. We are doing well supporting women & kids football.

7 hours ago, jambali said:

No we are not. We are doing well supporting women & kids football.

So you think spending almost 50% of our net profits on a community project makes sense?

15 hours ago, Smithee said:

Have to say I agree. It seems to be equality for equality's sake, or "keeping up with the Jones's", or driven by Ann simply because she is also a woman...I struggle to see how this assists the first team in any way whatsoever. It is just a potential distraction for the hormonal teenagers at the club, hardly any different from having a cheerleading squad...

Worst thing is that it feels like we are getting into women's football just to deny Hibs a monopoly in this town...

Edited by Spellczech

29 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Have to say I agree. It seems to be equality for equality's sake, or "keeping up with the Jones's", or driven by Ann simply because she is also a woman...I struggle to see how this assists the first team in any way whatsoever. It is just a potential distraction for the hormonal teenagers at the club, hardly any different from having a cheerleading squad...

Worst thing is that it feels like we are getting into women's football just to deny Hibs a monopoly in this town...

Have I woken up in 1953?

As for Hibs monopoly, I can see at least 2 other Edinburgh clubs in the league. But hey lets not be paranoid 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Equality for equality's sake?  Keeping up with the Jones's?  Take the Hearts blinkers off for a second and see where Women's football is headed in terms of growth.  Here's a snippet from UEFA's last big report on the state of the women's game up to mid 2017:

"Women's football growth and development within Europe remains consistent. Research compiled by UEFA for 2016/17 shows that the total number of registered female players now numbers over 1.270 million. More and more young girls are playing football, with the number of registered players under 18 now standing at over 827,000. The number of youth leagues (under-6 to under-23) has grown from 164 to 266 between 2012/13 and 2016/17.

Six countries – England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden, have more than 100,000 female players. The number of professional and semi-professional players is also growing, from 1,303 in 2012/13 to 2,853 in 2016/17. Meanwhile, fifty-two countries have a women's national league, and the number of national teams in Europe, including youth teams, has risen from 173 in 2012/13 to 233 in 2016/17. There are now 17,553 qualified female coaches in Europe’s national associations."

Hardly a cheerleading squad, is it?

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

So you think spending almost 50% of our net profits on a community project makes sense?

It's okay, when they win the Women's Champions League we can cream off the winnings to fund Harry Cochrane's new bumper contract.

16 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Spot on redm - far too much typical Scottish cynicism and ‘aye been’ mentality on show mixed with a disappointingly large amount of misogyny and sexism.

I guess it is not surprising but it’s disappointing that it is not surprising.

Scotland - this supposedly open and progressive country that banishes Brexit and welcomes refugees yet still has Neanderthals that bemoan our own club being progressive and open for all.

I think the word that sums this up is “arseholes”

thankfully the main neanderthal isn't exactly a fan of anything Scottish. The same type that fill the EN comments page raging at anything that shows Scotland in a good light (apologies for going off topic, it just rips my knitting)  

17 hours ago, redm said:

It's easy to say that pro clubs haven't been affected by having women's teams but there are plenty of examples of clubs closing theirs down due to the financial pressures.  Not that I think it'll be a huge strain by the way, just saying. 

This benefactors argument keeps coming up too, I don't know where it's coming from, it just doesn't add up - we've had mystery benefactors pumping in millions over the last couple of years while our city rivals are the ones with the established, successful women's team.

I have no problem with women's football, more power to them, I just don't see why we need to get involved. 

Like I say though, if this is what the Hearts family wants to do then fair enough. I don't care for it myself and most of the arguments put forward seem a bit weak, but I'm 100% behind the concept that the club should be going in the direction we want.

definitely. It is what our club is all about. And the key word here is profits; it's not as if we are going into debt to support a large part of our support

It makes sense to spend money on community projects.

All part of brand image.

The real big waste of money is funding wage thiefs in the first team squad!

4 hours ago, Hesh said:

Have I woken up in 1953?

As for Hibs monopoly, I can see at least 2 other Edinburgh clubs in the league. But hey lets not be paranoid 

If it it such big business, why the need to piggy back on the men's game?

22 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

These ladies play for Hearts as well.

No they don't,  Not to me.

They are a group of girls who play football in Hearts strips.  I have done this too, many a time at the world of Football.

This thread has descended down a predictable path.  Anyone who does not support their club opening their doors to one big massive vanity/community project hates women, does not support women playing sport and thinks women are inferior. 

I will never get on board with this Brown Owl nonsense, never.  No matter how much psychological bullying I am forced to put up with.  It is a nonsense that I am being asked to view these girls in some way a ‘Hearts team’. 

I support these girls in wanting to be active and I fully respect them as humans I am sure (never met one though) but they are as much ‘Hearts’ as if the club were to start a disabled tiddlywinks team. Oh I mentioned ‘ disabled’ so I must also hate the disabled.

Hearts to me are the team that play in the SPL.  I like to know we are doing well at youth level and will always go “yeh” when I hear we win in the reserves but I truly don’t give much of a ****.  It is all about the big boys I am afraid and always will be.

First paragraph there isn't true, few others in here who don't agree with it and are giving valid reasons without swinging wildly in every direction. The rest is added on drivel with an amazing bit of condescension thrown in.

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This thread has descended down a predictable path.  Anyone who does not support their club opening their doors to one big massive vanity/community project hates women, does not support women playing sport and thinks women are inferior. 

I will never get on board with this Brown Owl nonsense, never.  No matter how much psychological bullying I am forced to put up with.  It is a nonsense that I am being asked to view these girls in some way a ‘Hearts team’. 

I support these girls in wanting to be active and I fully respect them as humans I am sure (never met one though) but they are as much ‘Hearts’ as if the club were to start a disabled tiddlywinks team. Oh I mentioned ‘ disabled’ so I must also hate the disabled.

Hearts to me are the team that play in the SPL.  I like to know we are doing well at youth level and will always go “yeh” when I hear we win in the reserves but I truly don’t give much of a ****.  It is all about the big boys I am afraid and always will be.

You're not being asked.  They are and will continue to be a Hearts team whether you like it or not.  You 'view' is misogynistic, out of date and ultimately an irrelevance.

You seem to have an impotent rage at the temerity of Hearts in investing in this.  It's a football club, they're a football team.  One that I hope goes on to win honours for Hearts, the club that most of us here support wholeheartedly....

25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No they don't,  Not to me.

They are a group of girls who play football in Hearts strips.  I have done this too, many a time at the world of Football.

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The only predictable path it has descended down was the downright creepy and nasty route you took it on.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

The only predictable path it has descended down was the downright creepy and nasty route you took it on.

As I said, psychologically forced into accepting this and seeing it some people's way.

See this project as I do or you are nasty ________________insert platitude here__________________ 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

As I said, psychologically forced into accepting this and seeing it some people's way.

See this project as I do or you are nasty ________________insert platitude here__________________ 

You can say whatever you like. The justification you used for some of your outdated views were downright creepy and nasty. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You can say whatever you like. The justification you used for some of your outdated views were downright creepy and nasty. 

Creepy?  My views on this are the exact opposite to creepy.

My views are not outdated ffs.  Who says? you?  I am not saying women belong in the kitchen and bashing them over the head.  I am just not buying into this project.  I am just not.  I could not give a flying **** if these girls get hammered 40 nil by Hibs ladies - not one ounce of exaggeration.  I just could not give a ****.  I naturally do not feel any form of passion or anything.  Why must I?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Creepy?  My views on this are the exact opposite to creepy.

My views are not outdated ffs.  Who says? you?  I am not saying women belong in the kitchen and bashing them over the head.  I am just not buying into this project.  I am just not.  I could not give a flying **** if these girls get hammered 40 nil by Hibs ladies - not one ounce of exaggeration.  I just could not give a ****.  I naturally do not feel any form of passion or anything.  Why must I?

Yes creepy. The 21st century says your views are outdated.

Anyway i'm done.