Hearts women

3fingersreid

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No harm to the women but I have zero interest in their football. The standard is appalling and the goalkeeping is abysmal. I also don't want ANY funds that could be going to the youths or first team going towards the ladies team. They are watched by three men and a dog and no matter how much fans of the ladies game try and convince us otherwise it will never really take off. Nothing wrong with them having a kickabout though. 

Next time try and be a bit more condescending.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

• 3fingersreid

• Nookie Bear

Forever Hearts
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Next time try and be a bit more condescending.

I could lie and say that I love watching it, the standard is fantastic and I hope Hearts pour millions into the ladies team. But I won't. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I could lie and say that I love watching it, the standard is fantastic and I hope Hearts pour millions into the ladies team. But I won't. 

Nothing wrong with having a kick about though is there? Pathetic.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nothing wrong with having a kick about though is there? Pathetic.

Only after the housework is done. 

1 hour ago, Politbordeaux said:

Myself and a mate were thinking of heading to France for the womens' world cup this year. So are we misguided, peados, or just a bit of both?

Best get yourselves chemically castrated before you go.

I’m not in the slightest bit interested but realise some are so fair enough. It’ll sink or swim so good luck to it. 

It is 2019 after all and not 1980 but not for me

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

No harm to the women but I have zero interest in their football. The standard is appalling and the goalkeeping is abysmal. I also don't want ANY funds that could be going to the youths or first team going towards the ladies team. They are watched by three men and a dog and no matter how much fans of the ladies game try and convince us otherwise it will never really take off. Nothing wrong with them having a kickabout though. 

Indeed - If Ann is putting her own cash into the women's side then fair do's go for it, but I won't be watching or taking an interest. I hope the money is not coming from funds that should be spent on the men's side.  We've been here before, there is only a very small, niche market for women's football, indeed there are not many women's sports that are supported to any great level unless like athletics it is done beside the men...

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - If Ann is putting her own cash into the women's side then fair do's go for it, but I won't be watching or taking an interest. I hope the money is not coming from funds that should be spent on the men's side.  We've been here before, there is only a very small, niche market for women's football, indeed there are not many women's sports that are supported to any great level unless like athletics it is done beside the men...

This - first they got the vote, and look what happened. Then - they were allowed to drive - and look what happened. And now - football, come on!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, robroy1874 said:

This - first they got the vote, and look what happened. Then - they were allowed to drive - and look what happened. And now - football, come on!

They even want orgasms now. 

Selfish cows. 

9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Selfish cows. 

What sort of organisms?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, robroy1874 said:

What sort of organisms?

1 minute ago, robroy1874 said:

What sort of organisms?

Asking the wrong person. ?

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I’m intrigued as to why you think that Hearts have taken the decision to focus and invest more in the women’s side? Also, Aberdeen, the old firm and many other Scottish sides?

And indeed why Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea etc etc etc from down south have done also?

Are these commercially focused and, almost to a club,commercially successful clubs all wrong and you’re right?

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, chizinho21 said:

I’m intrigued as to why you think that Hearts have taken the decision to focus and invest more in the women’s side? Also, Aberdeen, the old firm and many other Scottish sides?

And indeed why Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea etc etc etc from down south have done also?

Are these commercially focused and, almost to a club,commercially successful clubs all wrong and you’re right?

You'll be able to give us some figures on how much these clubs make from these amazingly commercially viable womens football teams? 

12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

So girls, come and pay your money to watch the men's team. Buy merch. Let your husbands come to games. Let your sons play for the youth team but don't expect your daughters to get the same opportunity. Don't expect to be treated decently and when your older don't encourage your kids to follow the team because you were treated like shite and a second class  citizen.

My pals daughter is ecstatic about being at hearts camp this week. Sounds like folk like forever hearts don't want that. I  hope for his sake MORE money is diverted to the women's team. 

Governor Tarkin

I only really watch women's sport for the perving potential tbh.

I'd be amazed if I was alone in this.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Hesh said:

So girls, come and pay your money to watch the men's team. Buy merch. Let your husbands come to games. Let your sons play for the youth team but don't expect your daughters to get the same opportunity. Don't expect to be treated decently and when your older don't encourage your kids to follow the team because you were treated like shite and a second class  citizen.

My pals daughter is ecstatic about being at hearts camp this week. Sounds like folk like forever hearts don't want that. I  hope for his sake MORE money is diverted to the women's team. 

I just don't want any money being diverted from the first team to meaningless womens football that brings in zero revenue to the club. We are not Man City with a bottomless pit of cash. 

44 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I just don't want any money being diverted from the first team to meaningless womens football that brings in zero revenue to the club. We are not Man City with a bottomless pit of cash. 

It’s not. Move on. Ta.

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Selfish cows. 

Nae chance with me then

:sob:

33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Good. As long as it stays that way. Ta. 

If I fimd out even 1p of my FoH sub goes to them I will cancel.

2 hours ago, Hesh said:

My pals daughter is ecstatic about being at hearts camp this week. Sounds like folk like forever hearts don't want that. I  hope for his sake MORE money is diverted to the women's team

Diverted from where?

2 hours ago, Hesh said:

As an aside,was there not about 50 k at a women's game in Spain the other week? Happy to be corrected if wrong 

The Spanish have big families.

Notbrainwashed
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The Spanish have big families.

Define 'big'.  Statistics show that the average family size in Spain is declining so that the average family size is approaching if not already smaller than that of the UK.
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Marriages_and_births_in_Spain#In_Spain.2C_fewer_children_and_later
https://www.oecd.org/els/family/47710686.pdf

So, I'm not sure what part of your imagination you dreamt up that little gem and presented it as fact to prop up your 'argument' - but I'm afraid it looks like its not true.  

Anyway, well done to the women's team on their victory

On 11/02/2019 at 14:09, i8hibsh said:

It is amazing girls play and people will go and cheer on their daughters, nieces, friends, sisters and girlfirends etc but it is absolutely ridiculous that hey get billing on the official Hearts website and we as fans subsidise it in even a small way.

I hear people say “why shouldn’t they get the same opportunity as boys” and it grinds my gears no end.  99.999999% of every boy on this planet will never be a professional football – NEVER.  They will certainly never represent the team that they love.  There is a reason for this………………….ability.  Call me old fashioned but ability should drive opportunity, not having opportunity based on what you are.  These girls are playing for a team under the name “Hearts” for no other reason that the fact they are girls.  The standard is so sub-standard it is actually embarrassing.

It really is all about ‘what’ you are with this political correct nonsense and not what you can do.  I am far better at football than every girl in the ladies team.  I don’t represent Hearts because I am not good enough so why are they?

I think you need a history lesson mate.  Women's football was MORE popular than men's after the second world war.  More people went to watch Dick Kerr's ladies side than the men.  

The FA therefore banned women from playing on all professional grounds because women's football was a threat to the men's game.  

This ban was only lifted in the 1980s. Therefore you are effectively watching a sport that has not had the same input or time to develop as the men.  

I don't particularly want to watch fat beer bellied men play 5 a side or walking football but I will wholeheartedly defend their right to do so.  

Having worked for Hearts and stood on the sideline of the U12-U19 boys I can say that often the games were 'substandard' and you are correct most of the boys didn't go on to 'make it'. Therefore if we are basing the decision to fund on ability and who will make it let's just scrap the academy system as it clearly doesn't pay for itself either.  

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Diverted from where?

Moving forward our Connor Sammon and Malaurey Martin type signings will only be offered 3 year deals rather than 3 and a half. That should free up a bit of cash to be wasted on the  woman's side. ?

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Notbrainwashed said:

Define 'big'.  Statistics show that the average family size in Spain is declining so that the average family size is approaching if not already smaller than that of the UK.
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Marriages_and_births_in_Spain#In_Spain.2C_fewer_children_and_later

So, I'm not sure what part of your imagination you dreamt up that little gem and presented it as fact to prop up your 'argument' - but I'm afraid it looks like its not true.  

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Notbrainwashed said:

FFS I was not being serious.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

:rofl:

Of course, I would.  Who wouldn't?

We were going bust and stepped up to the plate with pledges to save our club.  Myself and 8,500 other fans started pledging money every month with the goal to one day see the FoH  gain ownership.  Spending money on luxury vanity projects is not what I signed up for.  We have a goal to pay back Budge and takeover full ownership.  How dare they use this money on this.  Not too sure they are to be fair but talking ‘ifs and buts’.

30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We were going bust and stepped up to the plate with pledges to save our club.  Myself and 8,500 other fans started pledging money every month with the goal to one day see the FoH  gain ownership.  Spending money on luxury vanity projects is not what I signed up for.  We have a goal to pay back Budge and takeover full ownership.  How dare they use this money on this.  Not too sure they are to be fair but talking ‘ifs and buts’.

Take your money and go.

32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So if it's not something you personally have an interest in, it's just a 'vanity project'?

2 minutes ago, redm said:

So if it's not something you personally have an interest in, it's just a 'vanity project'?

I have no interest in spending my money on it.  If I have assurances that not 1p of my very hard earned money will be spent on it, I will STFU and have no more negative input to this ladies team - and that is a promise.  I think I am being fair.

18 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

See this post right here?

Makes you look like a condescending *****. In my opinion. 

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I've pledged from the start and trust our board to make the right decisions for the football club as a whole, focused largely on the first team but not slavishly and exclusively at the expense of all the other good things Hearts do.

If this 'vanity project'  were to increase gates at our first team games by 10-15% over the coming decade as the result of increased female inclusion, loyalty and subsequent spending on all things Hearts, you'd be against that on principle, right?  After all, an increased fan base is just a 'luxury', no?

:jj_facepalm:

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have no interest in spending my money on it.  If I have assurances that not 1p of my very hard earned money will be spent on it, I will STFU and have no more negative input to this ladies team - and that is a promise.  I think I am being fair.

I'm going to speak to Stuart Wallace and make sure 100% of your FOH contribution gets spent on the Ladies team.

On a side note, if anyone expected i8 to have any positive views on this subject, they haven’t been paying attention to him for the last 10 years. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

On a side note, if anyone expected i8 to have any positive views on this subject, they haven’t been paying attention to him for the last 10 years. 

I've been a miserable ******* for much longer than than PD.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The money ringfenced for them is around 1% of the total money gathered by FOH. ONE PERCENT. Secondly, there is no reason to presume that this cash is coming entirely or in part from FOH funds (although in some ways I hope it is). Thirdly, it's not up to you. The board make the decisions and thank the bleeding lord they don't make them based on some criteria set by people who think it's 1921 and that women shouldn't be playing football.

Also, did you know there's now free sanitary items in the ladies loos? Just wondering.  :whistling:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I've been a miserable ******* for much longer than than PD.

I’ve no doubt that you’ve held mysogynistic views and been a grumpy ******* for longer than 10 years, it’s just you’ve promoted them on here for about that amount of time. 

We get it, women are there for making food, cleaning and stealing their underwear. They’re not really people, eh?

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’ve no doubt that you’ve held mysogynistic views and been a grumpy ******* for longer than 10 years, it’s just you’ve promoted them on here for about that amount of time. 

We get it, women are there for making food, cleaning and stealing their underwear. They’re not really people, eh?

sigh

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think at the heart of this is men just being frustrated at having to pay for something else again.....

Talk about the blue touch paper........

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

sigh

You absolutely can’t brag about choring women’s underwear and expect people to take you seriously on any subject involving women. 

That’s just how the world works. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You absolutely can’t brag about choring women’s underwear and expect people to take you seriously on any subject involving women. 

The guy needs to seek help before he hurts someone.

26 minutes ago, redm said:

The money ringfenced for them is around 1% of the total money gathered by FOH. ONE PERCENT. Secondly, there is no reason to presume that this cash is coming entirely or in part from FOH funds (although in some ways I hope it is). Thirdly, it's not up to you. The board make the decisions and thank the bleeding lord they don't make them based on some criteria set by people who think it's 1921 and that women shouldn't be playing football.

Also, did you know there's now free sanitary items in the ladies loos? Just wondering.  :whistling:

Starting of with the sanitary towels point.  For me, it is as simple as this, if toilet roll is supplied as ‘free’ then so should sanitary towels. Matchdays are not free so ladies are paying customers.  If men required sanitary towel usage in a parallel universe then I would kinda hope to see them available if I was ever caught short.  Women should not be penalised for the way mother nature made them.

No point why you highlight “One PERCENT” in caps as though it is insignificant.  At no point when I signed up for FoH was this put on the table.  I am 100% against my hard earned money going to something I simply do not support.  I signed up to make Hearts stronger and this is not doing that.  You only have to see the amount of ladies teams crumbling financially at other clubs as backup to this point.

I say again, and I am struggling to find a way to make this point stick this time.  I in NO WAY HAVE EVER AT ANY STAGE IN MY LIFE SAID WOMEN SHOULD NOT PLAY FOOTBALL.  I just don’t want them playing on my tab.

How dare they funnel some of my contribution to this.  It is very sneaky and against every reason why I signed up.

Edited by i8hibsh

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I was a ****ing teenager ffs!

I am middle aged now.