Hearts women

3fingersreid

Perhaps Women's football needs smaller goals, as it will never be taken seriously with the goalkeepers...It is even worse than African goalkeepers...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

• 3fingersreid

• Nookie Bear

7 hours ago, jambali said:

No you are. That was my point. You don't want to fund women because they are not good enough but are prepared to fund boys, almost all of whom are not good enough.

At the end of they day, you are probably just worried that Hearts Women will be better than your men's team from Lochend

Big ddifference ihere is the transfer market. No money in the ladies game, no chance of any decent transfer fees. Craig Gordon’s fee alone has more than paid the total  amount ever invested in the Hearts youth teams.

Girls football will not make any money for the club and should be self funding. The club can support the development in non financial ways.

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Big ddifference ihere is the transfer market. No money in the ladies game, no chance of any decent transfer fees. Craig Gordon’s fee alone has more than paid the total  amount ever invested in the Hearts youth teams.

Girls football will not make any money for the club and should be self funding. The club can support the development in non financial ways.

With the amount of revenue Ann Budge has secured for the club since she took over, I am going to trust that the tiny percentage of our profits we are investing in this, will lead to more overall profit for the whole club. I trust her with HMFC’s finances.

Heart of MidlothIan Football Club

FOOTBALL CLUB.

Women can play football - deal with it I8.  They are more than welcome to represent Hearts, I hope they go from strength to strength. Anyone that pulls on the marone should have our collective full support.

1 hour ago, km7bhf said:

Based on your argument there should not be any weight classes in boxing. Biggest and strongest wins the rest are some kind of joke boxing. 

No, men's boxing in all categories is the absolute elite of sportsmen.

14 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

FOOTBALL CLUB.

Women can play football - deal with it I8.  They are more than welcome to represent Hearts, I hope they go from strength to strength. Anyone that pulls on the marone should have our collective full support.

Two things.

1. Never, and I really mean never in my life have I said women should not play football.

2. The whole 'they are representing Hearts' does not wash with me. I feel zero connection to them regardless of badge. 

Edited by i8hibsh

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not really, plenty duff boxers out there. Just assuming you were correct for a moment though. That would be the elite of sportsmen covered. You wouldn’t just stick them randomly up against each other though would you? You put them in to divisions that best match their size, weight and strength. Same applies to other sports. 

Now that half the elite elite athletes of the world are covered, let’s look at the other half; women. Should they not be allowed to compete in the appropriate divisions to their abilities?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not really, plenty duff boxers out there. Just assuming you were correct for a moment though. That would be the elite of sportsmen covered. You wouldn’t just stick them randomly up against each other though would you? You put them in to divisions that best match their size, weight and strength. Same applies to other sports. 

Now that hat half the elite elite athletes of the world are covered, let’s look at the other half; women. Should they not be allowed to compete in the appropriate divisions to their abilities?

Men's boxing is good in all weighs. It is a top sport that can be supported by categories.

Before you start (you are obviously going there) - in no way do I support women's boxing. It is an abomination to womankind

Edited by i8hibsh

Voice of reason
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Your arguments are all over the place.

On one hand you say it’s all decided by Mother Nature, so women’s sport is rubbish by natural selection because they are smaller and weaker, but then say even the small, lightweight men boxers are the absolute elite. 

You must therefore think women boxers are also the absolute elite of sportspeople?

Just now, Voice of reason said:

Your arguments are all over the place.

On one hand you say it’s all decided by Mother Nature, so women’s sport is rubbish by natural selection because they are smaller and weaker, but then say even the small, lightweight men boxers are the absolute elite. 

You must therefore think women boxers are also the absolute elite of sportspeople?

No, I do not.

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Men's boxing is good in all weighs. It is a top sport that can be supported by categories.

Before you start (you are obviously going there) - in no way do I support women's boxing. It is an abomination to womankind

No, it really isn’t mate. There are plenty male boxers out there who are far from ‘elite’. They are all at different levels of ability. Seen plenty guys who have not taken care of their fitness and endurance properly, but can throw a good punch for example. The point is though, the human body comes in different sizes and potentials. In the interests of safety, we put boxers in to divisions that best match their ability and physique. That way a small and light bloke who has boxing talent gets an opportunity to show it, against other guys of a similar stature. You don’t fling Mayweather in the ring v one of the Klitchko brothers. 

Women’s boxing is another debate altogether. A lot of people agree with you that it is not a good idea. There is definitely a debate to be had there. However, there is also a debate as to whether or not male boxing should be okay. The research in to brain damage and the long term affects of being knocked unconscious show worrying trends. Basically boxing is extremely dangerous for anyone, even with the rules getting tightened all the time. Women’s boxing has added layers of complexities on top of that, as their bodies are so different From men’s. Bone density and female reproductive organs, even fat to muscle ratio make it an altogether different kettle of fish. I suppose though, just like the men’s sport, women who box would tell you that they are aware of all the risks, and that they are prepared to take that chance.

Even in football, a sport that is pilloried nowadays for being too namby-pamby in some quarters, you have research that shows heading a football enough times can cause brain injury and long term health problems. So in that respect you have to start thinking about where we draw the line with safety v competitive sport. Do we ban football? Or do we ban heading the ball? At the moment that line is a fair bit away, so we won’t think about it too much, but it’s getting closer and sooner or later we will have a decision to make. 

Is a woman’s life, health, and safety worth more than a man’s or is it equal? If you believe we are equal, then you give everyone the same opportunities to compete in the appropriate divisions that reflect their size and strength in sports. You make sure that everyone is aware of the risks, and you do what you can to ensure the rules minimise the risks of serious injury.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

FOOTBALL CLUB.

324E2606-E8BA-4591-B6EE-A419A0C1EB4C.jpeg

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

There are other ways of bringing in money

It's bizarre just how threatened and angry some men feel about women playing football. At least now that Hearts have committed funds they can dress it up as a concern about finances. So transparent.

We see you. 

1 minute ago, redm said:

It's bizarre just how threatened and angry some men feel about women playing football. At least now that Hearts have committed funds they can dress it up as a concern about finances. So transparent.

We see you. 

This x 100.  

12 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Given what you’ve posted previously, would you be more interested in watching if they were wearing school uniform?

I could never be interested in watching them. Unless you have a connection to a player or are an employee I am not too sure why any guy would go watch young girls play football anyway.

17 minutes ago, redm said:

We see you. 

Who is "we" ?

20 minutes ago, redm said:

We see you. 

Pardon the pun but if the boot was on the other foot the misandry would be just as bad. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Boxing is terrible, nothing elite about it. Up there with Formula 1 in terms of being the least entertaining 'sport' you could watch.

Bazzas right boot

I parttake in kickboxing. 

I'm not very good, but I do competitions at a low level. 

Some of the higher level women are phenomenonal and would batter me silly and given your physical condition as described would probably disable you in mere seconds. 

Fit, strong and fast. 

Your argument seems to be only the best are worth watching, the best in the world. 

Women can't be that due to the strength of them. 

If that was the case Hearts would be done, we are shite compared to the likes of Barca. 

Mens lighter weights at boxing, following the same logic is shite as a heavy weight would Litterally break them with one punch. 

Women's game is growing, it engages the wider community and with that business and commercial interests. 

With that in mind, We also don't want to fall too far behind our neighbours and give them a free hand in this market. 

We are investing modestly into this growing market. 

You don't have to support it, but it's not worth getting upset about. 

I'm looking forward to the WC, watched the last one and enjoyed it ?

Well done to the Womens team on a good win. Women’s football might not be the same quality as men’s football but at the end of the day I want our Womens team to be the best one in the country. We could start a ****ing basketball team and I’d want it to be the best in the country. Its all part of Heart of Midlothian at and seeing folk moaning about us investing a tiny bit in something pretty much all the other big teams have is honestly tragic.

Hopefully they get into the top tier and we start dominating Hibs in the womans game aswell. Something needs to be done about our captains twitter bio though :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Pardon the pun but if the boot was on the other foot the misandry would be just as bad. 

Difficult for me to respond to this because I'm struggling to think of any comparisons tbh. What specific example did you have in mind when you posted this?

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I could never be interested in watching them. Unless you have a connection to a player or are an employee I am not too sure why any guy would go watch young girls play football anyway.

What are you getting at here i8?

30 minutes ago, redm said:

I suspect he doesn't have a clue what he is getting at. He just hits the keyboard in anger about anything. He than gets trapped by anyone with a logical argument against him and goes in ever decreasing circles; getting more extreme with every post till he self combusts and takes a few days/weeks off to cool off.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Boxing is terrible, nothing elite about it. Up there with Formula 1 in terms of being the least entertaining 'sport' you could watch.

I aint a fan but my point is not about entertainment.

Worse than ogling them on the bus? As per an old thread of yours from a few years back. ?

54 minutes ago, redm said:

Being a huge cynic in life here is how my mind would be working.  Picture the scene if you may:

Say for example I had a 14 year old daughter.  She is playing football with a whole bunch of other young girls and I see a guy standing on the touchline watching who has absolutely no connection to anyone on the pitch or side lines I would think why are you there.

This feeling is truly unfair, and I very much try to spend my life being fair, but I would not be truthful to suggest cynical thoughts would not run around my mind and I wouldn't pre-judge the guy.

Edited by i8hibsh

5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Worse than ogling them on the bus? As per an old thread of yours from a few years back. ?

Being attracted to someone on a bus is worthy of debate because?

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being a huge cynic in life here is how my mind would be working.  Picture the scene if you may:

Say for example I had a 14 year old daughter.  She is playing football with a whole bunch of other young girls and I see a guy standing on the touchline watching who has absolutely no connection to anyone on the pitch or side lines I would think why are you there.

This feeling is truly unfair, and I very much try to spend my life being fair, but I would not be truthful to suggest cynical thoughts would not run around my mind and I wouldn't pre-judge the guy.

What a ****ing stupid argument.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I at no point was arguing.

Your'e just trying to deflect from your other stupid comments on the thread.

Edited by Bad Religion

Ffs, i8 despises the Gentlemen's team, why the **** would he have the slightest attraction to the Ladies team, apart from stealing their pants of course.

Why are sane, rational people bothering to argue the toss with him ?

:rofl:

Just now, Bad Religion said:

Your'e just trying to deflect from other stupid comments on the thread.

OK, let us debate this "stupid point".  Note the word 'debate'.

Would you feel 100% comfortable with some random bloke watching your 14 year old daughter and her pals run about playing football.  You would feel 100% comfortable, think it was the most normal thing on the planet and invite him for a pint after the game?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Would you feel 100% comfortable with some random bloke watching your 14 year old daughter and her pals run about playing football.  You would feel 100% comfortable, think it was the most normal thing on the planet and invite him for a pint after the game?

It's not worth debating i8. Its just some weird perverted non existent scenario that you've dreamt up to try and detract from your previous comments.

You need help.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Would you feel 100% comfortable with some random bloke watching your 14 year old son and his pals run about playing football? You would feel 100% comfortable, think it was the most normal thing on the planet and invite him for a pint after the game?

Any why are they suddenly 14? I thought we were talking about women's football, not a bunch of children?

Edited by Ray Gin

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Would you feel 100% comfortable with some random bloke watching your 14 year old son and his pals run about playing football? You would feel 100% comfortable, think it was the most normal thing on the planet and invite him for a pint after the game?

Yes, schoolboy football is where raw talent is first spotted.

There is absolutely (imo of course) no reason to go and watch a bunch of very young girls play football except for the reasons I have stated previously.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

There is absolutely (imo of course) no reason to go and watch a bunch of very young girls play football except for the reasons I have stated previously.

So scouting is only a reason for the boys' game, not girls?

:vrface: 

4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

With the amount of revenue Ann Budge has secured for the club since she took over, I am going to trust that the tiny percentage of our profits we are investing in this, will lead to more overall profit for the whole club. I trust her with HMFC’s finances.

We are investing almost 50% of last years net profit in ladies football.

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being attracted to someone on a bus is worthy of debate because?

Well you’be just insinuated that it would be weird for people to go and watch young women or children playing a competitive sport. I found that ironic after you started a thread a few years ago about how much you enjoyed schoolgirls getting on your bus in their school uniforms. I see absolutely no well-intentioned reason behind that, but I do without people watching women or girls playing football.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I dunno, it's been a while since i had a proper rant at a dodgy keeper.

And one misplaced pass will have me telling our vermin-supporting captain what i think of her twitter page.

Welcome to the big league, ladies!

:tongue:

Just now, McCrae said:

We are investing almost 50% of last years net profit in ladies football.

A net profit that was up on previous years, as well as turnover, thanks to our owners’ business acumen. All I am saying is that I reckon Ann Budge knows what she is doing, and I wouldn’t be too quick to discount the club making even more money overall through this relatively small investment.

3 hours ago, jambali said:

There are other ways of bringing in money

I don’t care as long as the club makes money or the investment is small.  Ladies football makes no money and the club is spending too much relative to our profits on supporting ladies  football.

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So scouting is only a reason for the boys' game, not girls?

:vrface: 

Quite frankly, yes.

But I did state clearly unless you were there for work.  Scouting is work.

Edited by i8hibsh

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I dunno, it's been a while since i had a proper rant at a dodgy keeper.

And one misplaced pass will have me telling our vermin-supporting captain what i think of her twitter page.

Welcome to the big league, ladies!

:tongue:

You could never abuse them though as we know how that would go.

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Quite frankly, yes.

But I did state clearly unless you were there for work.  Scouting is work.

Yes but you were alluding to the random person watching the girls not being there for work. So if a random bloke was watching your 14 year old boy playing and he wasn't scouting, would you think it was totally normal and invite him for a pint?

Edited by Ray Gin

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Yes but you were alluding to the random person watching the girls not being there for work. So if a random bloke was watching your 14 year old boy playing and he wasn't scouting, would you think it was totally normal and invite him for a pint?

Look, I have my cynicism. I have stated it is unfair, and I speak for no-one bar myself.  I personally see it as a  bit 'icky'.  There are 18,000 or so JKB members (give or take) and I would be shocked if many more did not genuinely feel the same way.  However, this is JKB and we don't do honesty.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Look, I have my cynicism. I have stated it is unfair, and I speak for no-one bar myself.  I personally see it as a  bit 'icky'.  There are 18,000 or so JKB members (give or take) and I would be shocked if many more did not genuinely feel the same way.  However, this is JKB and we don't do honesty.

So just to clarify....

some potential nonce watching boys = fine

some potential nonce watching girls = icky

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

So just to clarify....

some potential nonce watching boys = fine

some potential nonce watching girls = icky

WTF? Where did I say "fine"?

There are a million honourable reasons to watch school boys play but very few to watch school girls imo.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

WTF? Where did I say "fine"?

There are a million honourable reasons to watch school boys play but very few to watch school girls imo.

Give me even 5 of these millions of reasons that only apply to watching boys play but not girls.