Hearts women

3fingersreid

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I don't understand your point at all. 

We are investing in a growing market, it makes sense. 

I suspect some of the objectors on here would be annoyed if in 10 or 15 years time the women's game was profitable and more main stream and we had missed the boat. 

The sum of money is paltry, we will not miss out on signing Messi because of this. 

People will go, and as the team improves more will go-just like the men's. 

I don't go to youth or reserve games either for the simple reason of time. 

Doesn't mean we should scrap them. 

Maybe when I'm retired, have no young family. I'll take in all the games, 1st team, away, youth, reserves and women. 

Maybe my daughter will take it up and I'll watch more womens football than mens, who knows. 

If it's good enough for Man City, arsenal, Chelsea, German teams etc then it's good enough for us. 

It's a football club investing in a growing football market.

Shock, horror. 

It may be a paltry amount (is it? Perhaps the question needs more than a flippant answer from the Academy Director, no?) but it has to pay for itself and eventually turn profit for the Club as a whole, and that will not happen if people do not start supporting the ladies from the off.

But you will go if your daughter happens to take up the game and be good enough to play? Hardly backing the club though as i expect you would watch her if she signed for hibs (as would i with my daughter)

Admit it, you want women to play football - so do i - and you back Ann's judgement , but you would rather watch a rerun of our 0-5 at Livvy than sit down and watch a game of women's football. I suspect the vast majority of football fans are the same.

Edited by Nookie Bear

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

• 3fingersreid

• Nookie Bear

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I look forward to hearing about your experience of attending their next game. 

I didn't say I was interested in going to the next game? I simply said that investment in this field can only be a positive thing, it's a growth area and is another step forward for the club. Given that the expenditure on this area is likely to be so low, I wonder if the problem some have is with the impact that this change will have on the finances of the club, or whether it is simply resistance to change. 

2 minutes ago, R08813 said:

I didn't say I was interested in going to the next game? I simply said that investment in this field can only be a positive thing, it's a growth area and is another step forward for the club. Given that the expenditure on this area is likely to be so low, I wonder if the problem some have is with the impact that this change will have on the finances of the club, or whether it is simply resistance to change. 

Of course, you're another one washing your hair that night ?

It's finances mainly. I think the answer the Academy Director gave was flippant and rude, quite frankly.

And the hypocrisy of people on his thread.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Of course, you're another one washing your hair that night ?

It's finances mainly. I think the answer the Academy Director gave was flippant and rude, quite frankly.

And the hypocrisy of people on his thread.

Again, didn't say I'd be washing my hair, I'm not interested in watching women's football. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in supporting the development of that within the club for those that are. There may not be many attending to begin with but it is a positive step forward in my book. So, not hypocritical in the slightest, just interested in our club being as inclusive as it can be. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Further to this, sounds like you want a different type of fan to go to ladies games than the men’s games. 

Girls watch one, boys the other? All very public school !

It seems to me pro football is for all but women's football is really just for women. Do men watch women's football who don't have a family member / child involved?

The only men I know (two of my friends) who have an interest in the women's game are ones who's daughters are playing.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It may be a paltry amount (is it? Perhaps the question needs more than a flippant answer from the Academy Director, no?) but it has to pay for itself and eventually turn profit for the Club as a whole, and that will not happen if people do not start supporting the ladies from the off.

But you will go if your daughter happens to take up the game and be good enough to play? Hardly backing the club though as i expect you would watch her if she signed for hibs (as would i with my daughter)

Admit it, you want women to play football - so do i - and you back Ann's judgement , but you would rather watch a rerun of our 0-5 at Livvy than sit down and watch a game of women's football. I suspect the vast majority of football fans are the same.

Ofc my priority is the 1st team. 

Doesn't mean we can't invest in other areas such as this. 

Our American and youth investments might not show results straight away, doesn't mean we should scrap them. 

If you are wanting an instant and direct return am your points make sense. 

If you are thinking  like a long term and bigger picture not so much. 

You're argument, which your reference to 0-5 suggests, of ploughing everything into the first team, demanding instant results with no long term thought isn't of the same thinking as me. 

The new stand, the pitch, the museum, the American set up, women's football all this is good and widening the brand and engaging not only the local community but new markets. Even although there is no instant return in some cases. 

Also, Not everything will have a commercial return, should we stop our charity donations/ remembrance activities too? 

No, because it recognises  our past and engages the community. 

Women's football is a growing market, so again we get involved and may reap commercial benefits later on. 

Whether it be a part of our social marketing, commercial programme or a bit of both it is a positive thing to do. 

chuck berrys hairline

Since we are being all inclusive and diverse. What's the script on trans players? Can someone identify as Sheila on a Saturday and get a game? To suggest anything otherwise is a hate crime ?

17 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Since we are being all inclusive and diverse. What's the script on trans players? Can someone identify as Sheila on a Saturday and get a game? To suggest anything otherwise is a hate crime ?

LOLOLOL BANTZBANTZBANTZ. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

At first nobody was even talking about them but now they are, so it's a start. They're active on social media, someone has taken up doing video and you can see their profile growing as time goes on. They're still a pretty new club so it takes time. Women's world cup will help. It's a long and slow process and it doesn't happen overnight. I know I've started paying more attention but I've been pretty receptive to the idea from the start. I'm not a huge  womens football fan or anything but I'm receptive to anything and anyone in maroon. I don't really understand why others wouldn't be. Maybe others are doing the same. I

t starts with following their results, building an interest, making it along to a game or two sometime (which I plan to do soon, when I can) - it doesn't have to all be instant and happen overnight for it to be worthwhile. That's an unreasonable ask. Heart of Midlothian have been building their profile since 1874 and with far fewer barriers to their progress. They're slowly creating space for themselves and I've really been pleased to see people making online space for discussion about them here too. It's (mostly) all positive.  

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Who hates Sheila, and why?