Hearts women

3fingersreid

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How dare they funnel some of my contribution to this.  It is very sneaky and against every reason why I signed up.

Typical women being sneaky eh?

You really are a disturbed individual.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

• 3fingersreid

• Nookie Bear

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was a ****ing teenager ffs!

I am middle aged now.

Act like a ****ing grown up then and stop being such a pathetic selfish little child.

Edited by Notts1874

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Starting of with the sanitary towels point.  For me, it is as simple as this, if toilet roll is supplied as ‘free’ then so should sanitary towels. Matchdays are not free so ladies are paying customers.  If men required sanitary towel usage in a parallel universe then I would kinda hope to see them available if I was ever caught short.  Women should not be penalised for the way mother nature made them.

No point why you highlight “One PERCENT” in caps as though it is insignificant.  At no point when I signed up for FoH was this put on the table.  I am 100% against my hard earned money going to something I simply do not support.  I signed up to make Hearts stronger and this is not doing that.  You only have to see the amount of ladies teams crumbling financially at other clubs as backup to this point.

I say again, and I am struggling to find a way to make this point stick this time.  I in NO WAY HAVE EVER AT ANY STAGE IN MY LIFE SAID WOMEN SHOULD NOT PLAY FOOTBALL.  I just don’t want them playing on my tab.

How dare they funnel some of my contribution to this.  It is very sneaky and against every reason why I signed up.

Okay.  So let's say 8000 pledgers to make the sums easier.  An announced funding of 100k to the womens' side.  Let's for the sake of argument say that's ALL coming out of pledges, which none of us actually KNOW one way or the other.  That's £12.50 a head.  If we club together and give you your tenner and change back will you shut the hell up about it and let everyone else have a reasoned debate?

Just asking for a friend....

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am middle aged now.

I was also a teenager. Didn’t post on here about how I loved choring girls pants, like. 

Which you are entitled to do. Just don’t expect people to suddenly think you’re some kind of voice of reason when it comes to any issue surrounding women or equality or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I was also a teenager. Didn’t post on here about how I loved choring girls pants, like. 

Which you are entitled to do. Just don’t expect people to suddenly think you’re some kind of voice of reason when it comes to any issue surrounding women or equality or whatever. 

Chorey? Not once. But don't let facts get in the way.  Never once without consent.  I had a collection this is fact.   I stole none of them.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Chorey? Not once. But don't let facts get in the way.  Never once without consent.  I had a collection this is fact.   I stole none of them.

Well why didn't you say?  That makes it 100% less creepy.

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Starting of with the sanitary towels point.  For me, it is as simple as this, if toilet roll is supplied as ‘free’ then so should sanitary towels. Matchdays are not free so ladies are paying customers.  If men required sanitary towel usage in a parallel universe then I would kinda hope to see them available if I was ever caught short.  Women should not be penalised for the way mother nature made them.

No point why you highlight “One PERCENT” in caps as though it is insignificant.  At no point when I signed up for FoH was this put on the table.  I am 100% against my hard earned money going to something I simply do not support.  I signed up to make Hearts stronger and this is not doing that.  You only have to see the amount of ladies teams crumbling financially at other clubs as backup to this point.

I say again, and I am struggling to find a way to make this point stick this time.  I in NO WAY HAVE EVER AT ANY STAGE IN MY LIFE SAID WOMEN SHOULD NOT PLAY FOOTBALL.  I just don’t want them playing on my tab.

I'm delighted that you're supportive of the sanitary items project. I'm surprised and relieved in equal measure. :)

Nobody ever said they'd consult you on every single thing your FOH money was spent on, and you also have no idea whether or not any of this cash has come from FOH so the "omg sneaky how dare they" thing is especially OTT at this point. If you wanted some sort of say over whether your cash was given to women-only parts of the club then you really should have made this clear and shared your concerns during consultation on the governance documents.  I'm confident they would have been given due consideration then dismissed as being totally sexist and also a little batshit mad but at least you might feel you'd had your say.  Maybe you should drop them a line now and ask them about any future sneaky plans for using money to support anything involving females.

For every individual like you who doesn't want women playing football "on their tab" there will be many many more who are fine with it. Thank goodness. (And worth mentioning yet again that we don't even know if this is FOH money.)

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh right, you asked permission first?

That’s different then. 

:cornette:

3 minutes ago, redm said:

I'm delighted that you're supportive of the sanitary items project. I'm surprised and relieved in equal measure. :)

Nobody ever said they'd consult you on every single thing your FOH money was spent on, and you also have no idea whether or not any of this cash has come from FOH so the "omg sneaky how dare they" thing is especially OTT at this point. If you wanted some sort of say over whether your cash was given to women-only parts of the club then you really should have made this clear and shared your concerns during consultation on the governance documents.  I'm confident they would have been given due consideration then dismissed as being totally sexist and also a little batshit mad but at least you might feel you'd had your say.  Maybe you should drop them a line now and ask them about any future sneaky plans for using money to support anything involving females.

For every individual like you who doesn't want women playing football "on their tab" there will be many many more who are fine with it. Thank goodness. (And worth mentioning yet again that we don't even know if this is FOH money.)

This is what sanity sounds like.

Notbrainwashed
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am 100% against my hard earned money going to something I simply do not support.  I signed up to make Hearts stronger and this is not doing that.  

The idea of what makes Hearts stronger is widely open to interpretation.  There is an argument to be made that there's odd player in the team is not  doing that either :D   Are you gonna pull your subscription because members of the first team squad aren't up to your standard?
Don't want to watch a women's match?  Fine - don't go. 
Don't want to contribute any more to FOH at the risk of a tiny proportion of your contribution going towards something that has negligible effect on the first team yet, in your mind, is detrimental to it?  Fine - go ahead. 
Want to point at women's football and say 'they're not very good' and question whether they are worthy of wearing a maroon shirt?  Cool.  Act like a prick.  Most people don't care if you do - and it certainly looks like you don't care either.  
Point is, its not for us to decide where the money goes based on what we do and don't like.  That's for individuals far better qualified than you, me or anyone else who has never run a football club before and based on sporting, financial and commercial reasons. 

45 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am middle aged now.

Were you a teenager when you were getting turned on by teenage girls in their school uniform or was that as a middle aged man?

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Here’s a laugh for you

whilst attending the meeting hosted by Roger Arnott (academy director) and Kevin Murphy our new head of Women’s Football, Arnott was asked roughly what the budget might be, his reply being he was unwilling to confirm if the six figure commitment to women’s football at Hearts was £100,000  pa or £999,999 pa.

And for good measure the girls football academy would be run exactly the same way as the boys section, ie coaches kit and training facilities.

care to comment i8bish ?

?

Edited by jbee647

1 hour ago, redm said:

All the FoH money is going towards repaying Ann at the moment. 

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Here’s a laugh for you

whilst attending the meeting hosted by Roger Arnott (academy director) and Kevin Murphy our new head of Women’s Football, Arnott was asked roughly what the budget might be, his reply being he was unwilling to confirm if the six figure commitment to women’s football at Hearts was £100,000  pa or £999,999 pa.

And for good measure the girls football academy would be run exactly the same way as the boys section, ie coaches kit and training facilities.

care to comment i8bish ?

?

It was never going to be 100K . Salaries alone will magnify that figure.

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Here’s a laugh for you

care to comment i8bish ?

?

The Hearts girls teams at the moment are a shambles so if no investment and infrastructure is put in place then the womans team will not function as a long term project

Hopefully this is being addressed

46 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

The Hearts girls teams at the moment are a shambles so if no investment and infrastructure is put in place then the womans team will not function as a long term project

Hopefully this is being addressed

I can only speak for the older sides ie 19s and first team, but recruitment has been improved and there is determination this season for the first team to gain promotion to SWPL1 in preparation for season 2020 when the women’s section will be officially be under the clubs banner

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have no interest in spending my money on it.  If I have assurances that not 1p of my very hard earned money will be spent on it, I will STFU and have no more negative input to this ladies team - and that is a promise.  I think I am being fair.

That hard earned that you are spending much of the working day on here mouthing off about how much you detest women playing football?

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Of course, I would.  Who wouldn't?

Me and probably 7999 others. 

I've disagreed frequently with what you say on here, but I agree with you on this one. If this is a pet project of Ann's that she wants to put under the Hearts brand then fine, but we are not a wealthy enough club to be squandering funds on something that is unlikely to ever wash its face financially...

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Here’s a laugh for you

care to comment i8bish ?

?

I think a lot of supportive views would change when they see the real figure spent on this vanity project tbh. 

Since we came back from administration, we have changed the way we run things at the club.

That means aiming for financial sustainability, yes, which we have done a good job of. But it also means reestablishing our roots in the community and becoming a club that has a more reciprocal relationship with fans and people in Edinburgh. We have also taken a number of ethical stances which are not neccessarily immiediately financially rewarding.

The Living Wage promise, for example, would have increased our costs but I didn't see anyone complaining about that. We also decided not to rename the stadium, which could have brought in a fair bit of money. Add to that our sponsorship, which we could no doubt have maximised even beyond the amount our benefactor paid for Save The Children to be on the shirts.

We have expanded our training programmes, increased our charity and community work significantly which, despite not being the most effective financial decision we could have made, clearly has a utility in itself with the impact it has on the community that supports hearts.

I don't see why investing in the women's game, at a time when interest and standard is increasing, is any different to this. There is provision for young male players at hearts, with a lot of investment through the age groups when the vast majority will not see first team action.

To not allow women's football some money to hopefully improve and grow, in this day and age, just because some people aren't interested in watching seems short-sighted and mean spirited in the extreme.

Bazzas right boot

This thread is a belter. 

I'll increase my contribution to 2% for the women's football from my FOH contribution or whatever it is so I8 doesn't contribute to wumuns fitbaw. 

Problem solved. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

29 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

I think a lot of supportive views would change when they see the real figure spent on this vanity project tbh. 

Im querious to know what the real figure is ?.

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This thread is a belter. 

I only put up the score from last Sunday’s game , I’m kind of worried what’s going to happen when I put up the score  from next Sunday’s game ??

Mate. FFS. I was kind of almost a wee bit agreeing with you about the woman’s football being shite. But this is car crash stuff now. Jeremy Kyle would turn you away. 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

That hard earned that you are spending much of the working day on here mouthing off about how much you detest women playing football?

Never once said that.

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This thread is a belter. 

I'll increase my contribution to 2% for the women's football from my FOH contribution or whatever it is so I8 doesn't contribute to wumuns fitbaw. 

Problem solved. 

I'm on board.

This is a truly magnificent thread btw :rofl:

i8 out doing himself.

4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Here’s a laugh for you

care to comment i8bish ?

?

LOLZ PMSL ROFL etc

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I'm on board.

This is a truly magnificent thread btw :rofl:

i8 out doing himself.

I8 is out i8ing himself. 

?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I only put up the score from last Sunday’s game , I’m kind of worried what’s going to happen when I put up the score  from next Sunday’s game ??

Wait until they get beat, that will add a whole new layer. 

Not just a waste of money, but shite and a waste of money. 

Although, if they get beat some will Likley blame CL. 

?

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Wait until they get beat, that will add a whole new layer. 

Not just a waste of money, but shite and a waste of money. 

Although, if they get beat some will Likley blame CL. 

?

Nobody will give a shit tbh

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nobody will give a shit tbh

As 7 pages and counting on the back of a result thread will testify to..... 

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

As 7 pages and counting on the back of a result thread will testify to..... 

Might be good to have a section on here solely for discussion on the Ladies games, I'd certainly be in favour.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Might be good to have a section on here solely for discussion on the Ladies games, I'd certainly be in favour.

Not if that section takes up bandwidth/ server space ( or whatever). 

It's not why I pay my £10 a year for, I don't want a penny of my JKB cash going on wumuns football. 

?

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This thread is a belter. 

Problem solved. 

Surely a more effective response would be to put your hand in your pocket and attend the women's games.  Gives them money but, more importantly, shows a strong statement of backing for Ann's investment. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surely a more effective response would be to put your hand in your pocket and attend the women's games.  Gives them money but, more importantly, shows a strong statement of backing for Ann's investment. 

Atm I only go to my St home games. 

Family life becomes before away games, cup games and women's football. 

19 games and the odd semi/ final is all I can do. 

Such is life. 

Might take my daughter when she's older tho. ?

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Atm I only go to my St home games. 

Family life becomes before away games, cup games and women's football. 

19 games and the odd semi/ final is all I can do. 

Such is life. 

Might take my daughter when she's older tho. ?

So...no, then.

Why not trade in a run of he mill home game (men's team) for a ladies game? It's all supporting the club, no?

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So...no, then.

Why not trade in a run of he mill home game (men's team) for a ladies game? It's all supporting the club, no?

Atm, no. 

Just like i wouldn't go to a reserve or unders game either so unure of you point. 

I may also take in an away game. 

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have these teams games because I don't go tho. 

I'm happy for some of my money to go to the women's football, and if I get more time I might take in an away game, more Cup games, youth games or women's games but atm I go to the men's home games. 

That OK? 

20 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Atm, no. 

Just like i wouldn't go to a reserve or unders game either so unure of you point. 

I may also take in an away game. 

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have these teams games because I don't go tho. 

I'm happy for some of my money to go to the women's football, and if I get more time I might take in an away game, more Cup games, youth games or women's games but atm I go to the men's home games. 

That OK? 

This is not really addressed directly to you:

You’re a passionate Hearts man and strongly defend the extra investment in the be women’s game. But those women’s teams can only be sustained in the long term if guys like you get along and support them because relying on investment from the core business year in year is unsustainable. 

There will be zero TV money so it all comes down to bums on seats. If people who are happy to stand up and defend the massive investment in it won’t go...who will ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is not really addressed directly to you:

You’re a passionate Hearts man and strongly defend the extra investment in the be women’s game. But those women’s teams can only be sustained in the long term if guys like you get along and support them because relying on investment from the core business year in year is unsustainable. 

There will be zero TV money so it all comes down to bums on seats. If people who are happy to stand up and defend the massive investment in it won’t go...who will ?

From a commercial point of view it makes sense. 

We are also a community club that is engaging the wider community. 

That  is enough for me. 

Just because I'm not interested personally atm, doesn't mean we shouldn't do it, I'm not that selfish, I'm also not so short sighted so can see that it is a growing market. 

Can't believe this even merits a thread. Spending a fraction of our money in order to engage as many as possible with Hearts seems like a good thing. I suspect whilst this may not have a major financial impact, in terms of community engagement and expanding the reputation of the club, maintaining a strong women's side seems like a progressive and sensible thing to do. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

sounds like a few on here will be going along to watch the young ladies so that will be a good start

?

34 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Can't believe this even merits a thread. Spending a fraction of our money in order to engage as many as possible with Hearts seems like a good thing. I suspect whilst this may not have a major financial impact, in terms of community engagement and expanding the reputation of the club, maintaining a strong women's side seems like a progressive and sensible thing to do. 

:spoton:

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

That  is enough for me. 

Just because I'm not interested personally atm, doesn't mean we shouldn't do it, I'm not that selfish, I'm also not so short sighted so can see that it is a growing market. 

7 pages defending it but you’re not interested ? 

How will it grow if nobody goes? Investing in the team is just a statement - it now needs actions, and that means fans have to go above and beyond their current contributions if they want to back Ann’s judgement. We cannot keep relying on benefactors either. 

If you aren’t going to go...who will ?

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

That is enough for me. 

Further to this, sounds like you want a different type of fan to go to ladies games than the men’s games. 

Girls watch one, boys the other? All very public school !

9 hours ago, R08813 said:

I look forward to hearing about your experience of attending their next game. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

7 pages defending it but you’re not interested ? 

How will it grow if nobody goes? Investing in the team is just a statement - it now needs actions, and that means fans have to go above and beyond their current contributions if they want to back Ann’s judgement. We cannot keep relying on benefactors either. 

If you aren’t going to go...who will ?

I don't understand your point at all. 

We are investing in a growing market, it makes sense. 

I suspect some of the objectors on here would be annoyed if in 10 or 15 years time the women's game was profitable and more main stream and we had missed the boat. 

The sum of money is paltry, we will not miss out on signing Messi because of this. 

People will go, and as the team improves more will go-just like the men's. 

I don't go to youth or reserve games either for the simple reason of time. 

Doesn't mean we should scrap them. 

Maybe when I'm retired, have no young family. I'll take in all the games, 1st team, away, youth, reserves and women. 

Maybe my daughter will take it up and I'll watch more womens football than mens, who knows. 

If it's good enough for Man City, arsenal, Chelsea, German teams etc then it's good enough for us. 

It's a football club investing in a growing football market.

Shock, horror. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Further to this, sounds like you want a different type of fan to go to ladies games than the men’s games. 

Girls watch one, boys the other? All very public school !

Nope. 

That is nonesense.