Hearts women

3fingersreid

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, andyscott82 said:

From the various times I've watched women's football over the years, it appears the best tactic to adopt is a 'shoot on sight' policy. 

Bit like what we should do v hibs. ?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

• 3fingersreid

• Nookie Bear

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

well done, a good victory. Just saw the goals and the first Hearts goal is fantastic.

Hope we can get promoted to the top league. Though seems crazy that the top league only has 8 teams.

If that's the case, we need to double the money invested to get promoted. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

So we are still pretending to give a shit I see

:fonzie:

Tiresomely predictable though your trolling is, I'll bite anyway....

Some of us do give a shit, taking the womens' game on its own merits rather than in fruitless comparison to the mens' game.  Thankfully senior figures at many professional clubs agree, seeing that in the long term there is huge potential for additional community involvement, grass-roots take up of sport which can be sorely lacking amongst young girls, and ultimately income streams once the game reaches a level of popularity and financial maturity that the current levels of media attention may help fuel.

My lassie could very easily be out clubbing, smoking and generally making an arse of herself at 17, but her passion for football means she trains 4 times a week, plays for college, ladies and county sides in competitive leagues (we're in the South East, with 4 top Womens' teams within 30 miles) and takes her development as a footballer seriously.  She intends on a football scholarship to study in the USA when her 'A' Levels are done and that pathway is only open to her because of her dedication to her sport.  

If you're saying I should give any less of a shit than if her twin brother was following a similarly promising path, then I'd have to politely suggest that you do one.

I appreciate that your misplaced rancour is directed specifically at Hearts investing in something you deem worthless, but who knows, you may be capable of taking a wider view that this can only be beneficial in the long run to Hearts as a community institution and as a business.  Here's hoping....

3 minutes ago, JamboFever said:

Some of us do give a shit, taking the womens' game on its own merits rather than in fruitless comparison to the mens' game.  Thankfully senior figures at many professional clubs agree, seeing that in the long term there is huge potential for additional community involvement, grass-roots take up of sport which can be sorely lacking amongst young girls, and ultimately income streams once the game reaches a level of popularity and financial maturity that the current levels of media attention may help fuel.

My lassie could very easily be out clubbing, smoking and generally making an arse of herself at 17, but her passion for football means she trains 4 times a week, plays for college, ladies and county sides in competitive leagues (we're in the South East, with 4 top Womens' teams within 30 miles) and takes her development as a footballer seriously.  She intends on a football scholarship to study in the USA when her 'A' Levels are done and that pathway is only open to her because of her dedication to her sport.  

If you're saying I should give any less of a shit than if her twin brother was following a similarly promising path, then I'd have to politely suggest that you do one.

I appreciate that your misplaced rancour is directed specifically at Hearts investing in something you deem worthless, but who knows, you may be capable of taking a wider view that this can only be beneficial in the long run to Hearts as a community institution and as a business.  Here's hoping....

??

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can’t accept that some people do?

It is amazing girls play and people will go and cheer on their daughters, nieces, friends, sisters and girlfirends etc but it is absolutely ridiculous that hey get billing on the official Hearts website and we as fans subsidise it in even a small way.

I hear people say “why shouldn’t they get the same opportunity as boys” and it grinds my gears no end.  99.999999% of every boy on this planet will never be a professional football – NEVER.  They will certainly never represent the team that they love.  There is a reason for this………………….ability.  Call me old fashioned but ability should drive opportunity, not having opportunity based on what you are.  These girls are playing for a team under the name “Hearts” for no other reason that the fact they are girls.  The standard is so sub-standard it is actually embarrassing.

It really is all about ‘what’ you are with this political correct nonsense and not what you can do.  I am far better at football than every girl in the ladies team.  I don’t represent Hearts because I am not good enough so why are they?

Edited by i8hibsh

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is amazing girls play and people will go and cheer on their daughters, nieces, friends, sisters and girlfirends etc but it is absolutely ridiculous that hey get billing on the official Hearts website and we as fans subsidise it in even a small way.

I hear people say “why shouldn’t they get the same opportunity as boys” and it grinds my gears no end.  99.999999% of every boy on this planet will never be a professional football – NEVER.  They will certainly never represent the team that they love.  There is a reason for this………………….ability.  Call me old fashioned but ability should drive opportunity, not having opportunity based on what you are.  These girls are playing for a team under the name “Hearts” for no other reason that the fact they are girls.  The standard is so sub-standard it is actually embarrassing.

It really is all about ‘what’ you are with this political correct nonsense and not what you can do.  I am far better at football than every girl in the ladies team.  I don’t represent Hearts because I am not good enough so why are they?

Need to get you down for a training session with them to see hoe good you are. I’m sure we could swing that. ?

7 minutes ago, JamboFever said:

Fantastic mate, you put it far better than I ever could.

i know the time and commitment my daughter gives to playing football, juggling school work for her N5s, as a kid I was Hearts and football daft, but I never had my daughters attitude and commitment as well as talent 

i attended the  meeting for parents at Tynecastle with Kevin Murphy who reiterated that women’s football at Hearts is not an experiment, but is now an ongoing commitment for the club.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How do you suggest the standard be raised if it isn't through increased funding and promotion of the women's game?

Edited by Ray Gin

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Need to get you down for a training session with them to see hoe good you are. I’m sure we could swing that. ?

They would run rings round me (I have 2 dodgy knees, 2 dodgy elbows and chronic back ache) no doubt but the physical difference would be overwhelming for them.  That is the difference.  It is the reason why men dominate ALL sport and are better at ALL sport.

I know there will be people who blame the patriarchy etc etc but no-one can be blamed bar mother nature.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ll be absolutely delighted to get that sorted out but I get the feeling someone might be reluctant to do that 

It's great to see the improvements in their game over the past decade or so, but why do women struggle with the goalkeeping position?

Even in the International matches, some of these keepers look like it's the first time they have played.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How do you suggest the standard be raised if it isn't through increased funding and promotion of the women's game?

I fully support sport being played by everyone.  I want women to improve but not on my tab.  I signed up for HMFC, 11 men every Saturday.  This was not part of the deal.

Also, there is only so far the women’s game can go I am afraid.  They will simply never in a trillion years be of a decent enough standard comparable to even the most adolescent of boys.

Edited by i8hibsh

25 minutes ago, JamboFever said:

????????

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I fully support sport being played by everyone.  I want women to improve but not on my tab.  I signed up for HMFC, 11 men every Saturday.  This was not part of the deal.

Also, there is only so far the women’s game can go I am afraid.  They will simply never in a trillion years be of a decent enough standard comparable to even the most adolescent of boys.

So what? Why does it need to be? Scottish football isn't comparable to the top European sides. That doesn't mean it should be forgotten about and scrapped.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

So what? Why does it need to be? Scottish football isn't comparable to the top European sides. That doesn't mean it should be forgotten about and scrapped.

RG, at no time in my life have I said women should not play football.  If I had a daughter who played I could not be anymore supportive.  This does not mean however that I think it is fair that you have pigtails, are an ok standard in comparison to your peers and you can get top billing at HMFC.  How easy is that!  Men have to toil and master their craft to play for hearts, a girl just has to be a girl.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

RG, at no time in my life have I said women should not play football.  If I had a daughter who played I could not be anymore supportive.  This does not mean however that I think it is fair that you have pigtails, are an ok standard in comparison to your peers and you can get top billing at HMFC.  How easy is that!  Men have to toil and master their craft to play for hearts, a girl just has to be a girl.

They don't get top billing at HMFC though do they? Top billing at HMFC is on over 5k a week. Nobody on the women's team will be on anywhere near that amount. Not even close. The women's team gets peanuts in comparison.

Do you think any woman that has kicked a football can just stroll straight into the Hearts team?

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

They don't get top billing at HMFC though do they? Top billing at HMFC is on over 5k a week. Nobody on the women's team will be on anywhere near that amount. Not even close. The women's team gets peanuts in comparison.

Do you think any woman that has kicked a football can just stroll straight into the Hearts team?

There is not one woman that gets paid for playing for Hearts . All money brought in by the woman’s side and I include the girls teams in this are self funded 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

There is not one woman that gets paid for playing for Hearts . All money brought in by the woman’s side and I include the girls teams in this are self funded 

Even less than peanuts then. A far cry from top billing. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Give it time. Give it time.

Voice of reason
42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Because they are women and you are a man and therefore you can’t play in a women’s sport. It’s really simple. Male tennis players are better than female tennis players but female players are still allowed to play tennis and be superstars. The top women footballers are elite for their gender and deserve as much recognition as men who are elite in theirs. If you think otherwise then you are being sexist. This shouldn’t be difficult to understand. Also 99.9999999% of women don’t get paid a penny for playing football and that’s 100% in Scotland (Celtic are about to change that).

22 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Even less than peanuts then. A far cry from top billing. :lol: 

I’ll add to that , that there are sponsors who donate as well , the Bonds clinic sponsor the first team  , didn’t mean to ignore them 

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, JamboFever said:

Excellent post and why Hearts should be involved in women's football. good luck to your daughter.

Spitonastranger

I am far better at football than every girl in the ladies team.

They would run rings round me (I have 2 dodgy knees, 2 dodgy elbows and chronic back ache) no doubt but the physical difference would be overwhelming for them.

Explain this

23 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I8 getting plenty bites i see.

Bites, or, if you will, the opportunity to debate a change in football as a whole which may take it in any number of directions over the coming decades.

Bites?  Are we all 12?

3 minutes ago, JamboFever said:

Bites, or, if you will, the opportunity to debate a change in football as a whole which may take it in any number of directions over the coming decades.

Bites?  Are we all 12?

He is at it. Do you really think that he believes what he actually posts. For his sake i hope he doesn't.

So yes, bites.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He is at it. Do you really think that he believes what he actually posts. For his sake i hope he doesn't.

So yes, bites.

Is it possible to pretend to be that stupid for so long?

Dearie me, where to start?

I'll focus solely on my own and my daughter's experience, which in turn may give you less opportunity to peddle shite.

Nobody playing womens' football to a decent level 'walks in' to a team.  A good case in point is one of our local sides, Chichester City Ladies.  Their first team play at the level below Super League 2, so third tier of English football.  They have a first team squad of 22, similar numbers in the Development squad and regularly turn players away.  Crawley Wasps Ladies, who gave a good account of themselves in the FA cup last week against Arsenal, have 3 full squads plus U18s feeding in.  You have to be a competitor and you have to know how to play to get anywhere near the first teams and they're not top sides by any stretch.  That's not even starting on Brighton and Lewes in the WSL and WSL2.

Just because you feel the womens' version of a sport is beneath your prodigious abilities doesn't invalidate it in any way.  They are not faster, stronger or bigger than their male counterparts, but at the levels we're talking here, they are EVERY bit as dedicated, determined, courageous and on occasion skilful .  Deal with it.

As far as Hearts are concerned, the womens' team is in its infancy, and the sport itself is not far out of nappies.  If you're telling me Hearts were magically able to field a mens' team of world-beaters circa 1877 then your point might be valid.  Except we didn't, and it isn't.  

Just now, JamboFever said:

*** NEWSFLASH ***

This just in - all men who watch Womens' sport labelled 'perverts'.  Yes, even the weightlifting.

Truly terrifying, not enough cornettes in the world for the likes of you....

He should be banned.

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Exactly the point.

Checkmate...but those without a brain cannot think.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So presumably you think that as 99.999999% of boys will never make professional grade, Hearts shouldn't support them either?

5 minutes ago, jambali said:

So presumably you think that as 99.999999% of boys will never make professional grade, Hearts shouldn't support them either?

If you are asking should we scrap youth level then you are being ridiculous.

4 hours ago, JamboFever said:

The problem with your argument is not enough people give a shit and that is unlikely to change.  

Walking  football, disabled football and ladies/girls football should all be supported by the club. All good things to do for the community.  It doesn’t make financial sense to invest a 6 figure some into any of these groups.  If you had to pick one I would support disabled sports first, an area that requires more support than the others.

Just in case it’s been lost , for those who are interested and would like to know how the Hearts women got on , they won 2-1 at the weekend ??

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Correct. I'm watching this Highland derby and it is dross.  

Important to everyone involved in it....and quite right to.

In my opinion the goal posts should be smaller in the ladies

game as the goalkeepers are not as tall otherwise have watched 

some good games 

chuck berrys hairline
22 hours ago, Igglepiggle said:

Good start to the season, hoping to take my daughter along to a few games when I can. Presuming we're planning on treating the ladies' team more seriously going forward, someone should really have a word with our captain for their Twitter bio:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Paggy7

:getout:

Not very professional can you imagine this in the man's game ? that's how it's not treated seriously. Waste of money 

Arthur Morgan
11 hours ago, Jammy T said:

You are ignoring that it was a decent hit and vision for the strike. But rock on - be the mysoginistic big man....

Doesn't make the keeper any less shit :lol:

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

They would run rings round me (I have 2 dodgy knees, 2 dodgy elbows and chronic back ache) no doubt but the physical difference would be overwhelming for them.  That is the difference.  It is the reason why men dominate ALL sport and are better at ALL sport.

I know there will be people who blame the patriarchy etc etc but no-one can be blamed bar mother nature.

I find it hard to believe you play any sport, such is the thoroughly unsporting attitude you have towards the women's team. 

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So we are still pretending to give a shit I see

:fonzie:

Given what you’ve posted previously, would you be more interested in watching if they were wearing school uniform?

Anyone would think the women were wanting to play against men. We aren’t in competition with them. It’s just an opportunity for them to play a sport that they love, same as the blokes get. The way some folk are going on, you’d think we should only have the very top divisions in every sport. Stick fly-weight boxers in against the super heavy weights. Put the paralympians rugby teams in the six nations and World Cup.

Sport is for all, and there should be sensible divisions so that evenly matched groups can compete against each other. 

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

The Apprentice
5 hours ago, JamboFever said:

*** NEWSFLASH ***

This just in - all men who watch Womens' sport labelled 'perverts'.  Yes, even the weightlifting.

Truly terrifying, not enough cornettes in the world for the likes of you....

Your last sentence couldn’t be more bang on the money. I seriously worry about some people. 

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If you are asking should we scrap youth level then you are being ridiculous.

No you are. That was my point. You don't want to fund women because they are not good enough but are prepared to fund boys, almost all of whom are not good enough.

At the end of they day, you are probably just worried that Hearts Women will be better than your men's team from Lochend

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Based on your argument there should not be any weight classes in boxing. Biggest and strongest wins the rest are some kind of joke boxing.