Michael Smith

Walter Kidd

Hopefully he isnt out for too long. When you need a bit of calmness brought to the table, he is our man. I think he will be missed.

Edited by Dallas Green

14 hours ago, Gambo said:

Lucky we have a few to cover for Mr. Consistent.

Dikamona, Brandon, Godhino, Shaunessy, Hughes.

I think Brandon and Godhino are both carrying injuries, it seems to be our luck - all injuries in the same position (right backs).

I like Smith best in a back 3, he's cool on the ball and can pick a pass nicely from the centre.

Hopefully Brandon/Godinho back soon, and I guess we have Morrison when we play 3 CBs.

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Gambo said:

Lucky we have a few to cover for Mr. Consistent.

Dikamona, Brandon, Godhino, Shaunessy, Hughes.

HUGHES? it won’t get that desperate surely.

First of all consistent defending week in week out is clearly vastly underrated by some.

Next - we are getting players back now that means our best and most attacking formation may mean 3 at the back. Our best 3 at the back by far includes Smith

Lastly - some Hearts fans seem hellbent on attributing every bit of bad luck to be the club’s fault. Utter throbbers.

Edited by Jammy T

Pasquale for King

Both the young guys we have at RB both struggle with injuries too so it might be Dikamona or Shaughnessy that fill in. Berra motioning for a sub, then going over for a chat with CL/JD/AM all to come to the utterly foreseeable conclusion to move  Morrison back and Keena wide. Not sure if Morrison is good enough defensively to play there in league hands though. I didn’t really see if it was a tackle or he just trapped his drugs. You knew it was a bad one right away though.

I think he will back before the season ends though.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both the young guys we have at RB both struggle with injuries too so it might be Dikamona or Shaughnessy that fill in. Berra motioning for a sub, then going over for a chat with CL/JD/AM all to come to the utterly foreseeable conclusion to move  Morrison back and Keena wide. Not sure if Morrison is good enough defensively to play there in league hands though. I didn’t really see if it was a tackle or he just trapped his drugs. You knew it was a bad one right away though.

I think Dikamona is playing as RB today in the reserves match.

Maybe to see how he gets on.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

HUGHES? it won’t get that desperate surely.

If Hughes ends up right back we're in trouble, probably means there was a golf karting accident and we've lost half the squad. 

?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

First of all consistent defending week in week out is clearly vastly underrated by some.

Next - we are getting players back now that means our best and most attacking formation may mean 3 at the back. Our best 3 at the back by far includes Smith

Lastly - some Hearts fans seem hellbent on attributing every bit of bad luck to be the club’s fault. Utter throbbers.

Consistency is undervalued in life! 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I think Dikamona is playing as RB today in the reserves match.

Maybe to see how he gets on.

I have visions of him marauding up and down the right like Macpherson (see I can spell it right ?) or Patterson.  

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Studs not drugs ffs autocorrect ?

38 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

That pointed at me, aye?  It was a simple question.  Sad little man.

August Landmesser

Out for eight weeks - not as bad as 12, worse than six...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-learn-full-extent-of-michael-smith-s-injury-1-4872069

Medical scans have confirmed Hearts defender Michael Smith is out for eight weeks with a torn a thigh muscle. He suffered the injury near the end of Sunday's Scottish Cup tie against Auchinleck Talbot and underwent a scan on Monday afternoon. The results confirm Hearts must do without one of their most consistent players until April. "It's probably eight weeks we're looking at," explained manager Craig Levein. "He has torn his tight muscle, it's a grade two tear but there's a bit of tendon damage as well so it's a bit more complicated. It will keep him out for a fairly lengthy period of time." Smith recently extended his Hearts contract until May 2021 but will now be missing as the Edinburgh club enter an important period of the season. They are challenging for a European spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership and face Partick Thistle in the Scottish Cup quarter-finals next month.

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Out for eight weeks - not as bad as 12, worse than six...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-learn-full-extent-of-michael-smith-s-injury-1-4872069

Medical scans have confirmed Hearts defender Michael Smith is out for eight weeks with a torn a thigh muscle. He suffered the injury near the end of Sunday's Scottish Cup tie against Auchinleck Talbot and underwent a scan on Monday afternoon. The results confirm Hearts must do without one of their most consistent players until April. "It's probably eight weeks we're looking at," explained manager Craig Levein. "He has torn his tight muscle, it's a grade two tear but there's a bit of tendon damage as well so it's a bit more complicated. It will keep him out for a fairly lengthy period of time." Smith recently extended his Hearts contract until May 2021 but will now be missing as the Edinburgh club enter an important period of the season. They are challenging for a European spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership and face Partick Thistle in the Scottish Cup quarter-finals next month.

Good news, he’ll be back in 3 or 4 then going by the usual prediction compared to actual time out. 

Always worry about thigh injuries after what happened with Stephane Adam.  'He was never the same player after his two injuries to his thighs.

On 10/02/2019 at 18:38, gedster said:

Personifies what a good pro is....100% effort, loads of experience and makes few mistakes, I criticise him in the final 3rd of the pitch regularly but he's an easy pick when naming our first eleven

This for me. A Robbie Neilson type player - just with better football ability.

The Future's Maroon

Hopefully a speedy recovery, as mentioned above we do seem to put out the worst case scenarioif this injuries so hopefully he is back before the 8 weeks mentioned.

portobellojambo1
On 10/02/2019 at 18:07, Jamhammer said:

Mr consistent this season. Will be a bigger miss than some seem to think IMO

Agree with this, but unfortunately you tend not to miss players until they aren't there, then you realise how much they did when they were available.

Bridge of Djoum
On 10/02/2019 at 12:47, Darren said:

He's a solid performer, I wouldn't say he's a star player. We'll cope a lot better with him missing than we did with others.

Yet more negative nonsense from you. 

Michael Smith has been, without question one of our most consistent performers all season. To argue otherwise is utter pish.

Bridge of Djoum
On 10/02/2019 at 13:23, Saint Jambo said:

Given that hernia injuries are often caused by sudden changes of direction or twisting, I don't think you can rule out something related to a pitch in all cases, but we don't know if it happened at tynecastle and still doesn't make a pattern of injuries on new pitch.

Whit?

It's caused by strain. I've had 2, neither caused by changing direction.

35 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Michael Smith has been, without question one of our most consistent performers all season. To argue otherwise is utter pish.

He has but I think there are players we would miss more if out. Naismith and Uche spring to mind. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He has but I think there are players we would miss more if out. Naismith and Uche spring to mind. 

Perhaps. Time will tell, I suppose. 

I just think MS does the dependable, solid unspectacular very well. Maybe a touch unfair to compare his impact with flair or goalscoring players. Having said that we probably don't have cover for Naismith and Dikamona is a very able deputy for Smith. Disruptions to defences are also notable when they work well as a collective.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Suggesting we will cope OK in a player's absence is negative?