Michael Smith

Walter Kidd

Just now, boag1874 said:

Its never a fringe player these days ae? Its always one of our star players and its always a minimum of 6 weeks :vrface:

He's a solid performer, I wouldn't say he's a star player. We'll cope a lot better with him missing than we did with others.

BBC posted that Levien said he will be out for 6-12weeks. A big blow given his form. Thought he was very good again first half today. One full pitch lung bursting run from beating a forward to the ball in the corner to finishing the move with a shot in the box typified his effort. Quieter in the second half when Morrison out wide meant he wasn't given the freedom of the wing.

Hopefully Brandon and Godinho are available to cover at right back and/ or Dikamona to play in a back 3 with Berra and Souttar.

south morocco
1 minute ago, Darren said:

He's a solid performer, I wouldn't say he's a star player. We'll cope a lot better with him missing than we did with others.

Don't know, he's been on pretty much every first 11 when available, tells its own story.

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Don't know, he's been on pretty much every first 11 when available, tells its own story.

Yeah, that he's a solid performer. I'm sure he'd be in most people's starting XI but he's not indispensable. 

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

Each to their own but he’s one of the fist names on the teamsheet IMO. Will be a big loss. Hopefully Godinho steps up & Brandon comes back in soon

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

Correct. 

21 minutes ago, Darren said:

He is a great asset, he'll be a miss.

7 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Is our new pitch anything to do with these injuries? Never known anything like it. 

No. Naismith injured at Murrayfield. Uche injured at Fir Park. Souttar injured in Israel. Dikamona injured at Livingston. Dunne injured at Oriam. Cochrane injured in reserve game. Wighton last played at McDirmard, not sure if injured in that game or training. Haring injury not known as played through for some time. Berra and Smith both injured at Tynecastle. No indication pitch played any part in Smith's injury today. Probably missed some, but think we can safely conclude Hearts pitch not to blame.

6 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Haring had a hernia and needed an operation. Nothing to do with the pitch

Given that hernia injuries are often caused by sudden changes of direction or twisting, I don't think you can rule out something related to a pitch in all cases, but we don't know if it happened at tynecastle and still doesn't make a pattern of injuries on new pitch.

Absolutely gutted for Smith. Folk saying he’s not a star player? Away and bolt. One of the first names on the team sheet. Always puts in a shift and has been one of our most consistent players this season. He will be a huge miss for us, people shouldn’t underestimate that. 

south morocco
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Given that hernia injuries are often caused by sudden changes of direction or twisting, I don't think you can rule out something related to a pitch in all cases, but we don't know if it happened at tynecastle and still doesn't make a pattern of injuries on new pitch.

That makes no sense at all , with the greatest respect

south morocco
1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

Absolutely gutted for Smith. Folk saying he’s not a star player? Away and bolt. One of the first names on the team sheet. Always puts in a shift and has been one of our most consistent players this season. He will be a huge miss for us, people shouldn’t underestimate that. 

100% 

Gutted, the boy has been very good this season. A very consistent and reliable performer IMO. We have replacements but no way do we have someone of his calibre, experience and consistency.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Guffers said:

Gutted, the boy has been very good this season. A very consistent and reliable performer IMO. We have replacements but no way do we have someone of his calibre, experience and consistency.

Spot on. Smiffy will be a huge miss.

9 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Agree. He’d be one of my candidates for POTY. Not just reliable, much more than that, whether defending or driving forward.

Personifies what a good pro is....100% effort, loads of experience and makes few mistakes, I criticise him in the final 3rd of the pitch regularly but he's an easy pick when naming our first eleven

The Future's Maroon
10 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Not enough sensible posts on here these days, well done Sir.

54 minutes ago, Darren said:

Player of the season so far. He WILL be missed.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Brandon's been seen once since returning from injury. For right back, it'll deservedly be Godinho. In a back three, Shaughnessy will slot back in.

32 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Been absolutely outstanding all season. To say he won’t be a miss is like saying water isn’t wet. Utter shite.

Spot on!

He has been outstanding in a back three.

He's absolutely one of our best players, and is chronically underrated. He's solid every week, makes good runs, is good with the ball, and is the exact opposite of lazy.  Having him out injured for a crucial part of the season, is a disaster for us. Whoever comes in to replace us going to have to do a good job, and quickly. 

He's one of those players that you forget about until he's gone, and I think a fair few people on here will realise that. 

3 hours ago, Darren said:

As long as Soapy doesn't have a brain fart of a game like today.

Pasquale for King

Looked a bad one, had a feeling they would injure at least one of our players today. Will we ever have a full squad to chose from.

He will be a miss, solid performer and versatile as well.

It's been unbelievable the number of bad injuries we've suffered this season, not 2-3 games out because of a groin strain or pulled hamstring, but months out due to serious injuries.  It's also unbelievable that it's been really key first team players that have been injured - Berra, Souttar, Uche, Naisy, Haring and now Smith.  These would all pretty much be automatic choices if we were trying to select our best starting XI.

Bazzas right boot

If it's just him out, we'll cope fine. 

If we start to add ti that tho, it will be felt. He's been very consistent and is an intelligent player. 

Being a rb, we should be able to cope. 

That's him and Haring out now. 

Arguably the two most consistent players this season. 

Can't catch a break. 3- 0 up as well. ?

I've also always liked Brandon, always comes across assured and confident, good technique and intelligence (limited games) I'm hoping he can sieze his chance. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

It had been a few weeks since we had one to be fair. Shit news.

Any idea when Haring is back? The boy is excellent for us.