SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

49 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

Is it just me or are hibs always drawn at home. They very rarely get drawn away.

It's just you. They've drawn us at Tynecastle in 2016, 2017 & 2018. Unfortunately we made a mess of it the first two games.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Can't remember us drawing the lowest ranked team 2 rounds in a row in the Scottish Cup. Great opportunity, we just need to win and see what unfolds around us. 

Did you not call this on Sunday?

Guest Paul Allen

Let’s face it, the cup already has Celtic’s name on it, I doubt anyone will even get close to beating them when it matters, although it would still be nice to get to Hampden for a semi-final and possibly even a final.

3 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Let’s face it, the cup already has Celtic’s name on it, I doubt anyone will even get close to beating them when it matters, although it would still be nice to get to Hampden for a semi-final and possibly even a final.

Have to disagree with this. We're winning this thing, I've never been more confident ?

55 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

All 4 games will be live on tv.

From SFA website;

Supporters will be able to watch four live matches in Rounds 4 to 6, with both broadcasters each screening two live games per round on an exclusive basis. In the later stages of the tournament, Premier Sports will broadcast one semi-final exclusively while the other semi-final and the final will be shown across both channels.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-announce-scottish-cup-broadcasting-deals/

Never mind. 

Edited by To Be Frank

NaturalOrder74

Gets more and more embarrassing the longer Celtic go on winning everything all the time looks like a diddy league like wales or something, hope hibs step up there game would be fantastic to get them at hampden again 

10 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

That's the spirit.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

My earlier prediction is still almost on.  I predicted us at home against Partick, I'll take an away tie there though.  Also predicted United versus the winners of the highland clash, with us to get the winners of that tie in the semi final.

Just hope Hibs can beat Celtic then either Aberdeen or Rangers in the semi final, so we can pump them for a third time in a Scottish Cup final.

One thing's for sure, if we were to find ourselves 4-1 up against a 10 man Hibs side after 5 minutes played in the second half, with Levein as manager, there would be no letting up.

I was screaming for 8 as soon as the 4th went in ?

1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

McKenna v Morelos round 2

Round 4 is it not morelos’s red in the 1st game of the season was for volleying him. Tussle at Ibrox then last week

5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Decent. Would love to play Hibs in final or even semi. Hope they empty Celtic. Partick are bottom of the Championship... hope we hammer them.

Feck hibs I hope Celtic take 10 off them!! Celtic get pumped in the semi,  we get Killie in the final and one of our big lumps scores the winner!

My dream last night was we won the cup 3-1 against h1b5  But the problem was Wayne Foster scored the 3 goal and Robbo was celebrating with him after scoring against Andy Pig face

Edited by j1964m

Celtic have had it easy in the cup since Brenda arrived! They have a lot of games coming up including both Valencia ties. Away to killie and will visit us before going to lego land, A few injuries, or suspensions in other teams favour and you never know they Might feel heat, Aberdeen out for revenge against sevco, these ties are motivation for us, hopefully we visit maryhill on a Friday night and leave with a win and have the rest of the weekend to laugh at....well anyone who gets put out really. 

It wouldn’t be the end of the world if reigndeers meet Shelik in the semis now would it ?

Edited by Bking9

'Supporters will be able to watch four live matches in Rounds 4 to 6, with both broadcasters each screening two live games per round on an exclusive basis. In the later stages of the tournament, Premier Sports will broadcast one semi-final exclusively while the other semi-final and the final will be shown across both channels.'

Only the date and time to be decided then...wonder if the bbc and premier get the choices in a 1/3 or 2/4 order or do Premier get priority..so far they have shown matches involving only Celtic and Rangers

Edited by CJGJ

Lord Beni of Gorgie

An added bonus of these ties. Suspensions could come in to play. 

As good as it could it have been. 

Except for conspiracy theories 

46 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

No i dont... I said the BBC do as it gets them more viewers.

yep thats strange. 

Apologies , misread your post

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Does goal difference count in the cup Tosh?

Hope not! Otherwise we're *****

Apparently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Hope for Hearts, Hibs, dons  and ICT in the semis. No guarantee rangers will beat killie in the replay. 

Rather have Kilmarnock facing lumps 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, harrywragg said:

Yasss Jam Tarts at Firhill... will take your crew all day long as at least you bring a bit of atmosphere to the stadium of dreams. 

:fan::ptfc:

Dunno likes.

How do you feel about 15yo bangers with drums and songs about fenians?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Does goal difference count in the cup Tosh?

It must not. 

Thought we get a bye to the semi as we won by 4, but unfortunately... 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Dunno likes.

How do you feel about 15yo bangers with drums and songs about fenians?

I'm sure you'll be a bit more refined than that... wouldn't want to confuse you with the new team on the southside 

2 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Yasss Jam Tarts at Firhill... will take your crew all day long as at least you bring a bit of atmosphere to the stadium of dreams. 

:fan::ptfc:

I will certainly be looking forward to a nice craft beer before the game. As long as it isn't the Friday night game. If so ive got no chance of making it.

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

So you’re saying you have a ticket for the gig going...??

'Fraid not. My pal and his Mrs are taking them.

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It must not. 

Thought we get a bye to the semi as we won by 4, but unfortunately... 

Glad we have cleared that up.

Anyway I'm back to twitter now to try to explain to some Celtic simpleton who can't grasp the difference between inbred and in bread.

Rock and Roll Monday.

I will certainly be looking forward to a nice craft beer before the game. As long as it isn't the Friday night game. If so ive got no chance of making it.

Just bring your own through the gate.... I had a bottle of Argentinian Merlot at the Stranraer game ? 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Feck hibs I hope Celtic take 10 off them!! Celtic get pumped in the semi,  we get Killie in the final and one of our big lumps scores the winner!

Rogers record in Edinburgh is pretty poor for a celtic manager. 

Could be interesting. 

Hibs to put celtic out, get all excited just for us to bum them 4-0 in the semi, just like when they beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox. ?

Ahh bisto! 

Bazzas right boot

Glad we have cleared that up.

Anyway I'm back to twitter now to try to explain to some Celtic simpleton who can't grasp the difference between inbred and in bread.

Rock and Roll Monday.

????

Bazzas right boot

On another note, hope rangers or hibs get knocked out. 

Don't want another rangers/ hibs final. 

getty_483188935_110846.jpg

1 minute ago, harrywragg said:

Just bring your own through the gate.... I had a bottle of Argentinian Merlot at the Stranraer game ? 

More of a shiraz man myself.

I do find it difficult to get angry with Partick fans tbf. Still hope we ****ing hammer you though.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

On another note, hope rangers or hibs get knocked out. 

Don't want another rangers/ hibs final. 

getty_483188935_110846.jpg

:rofl:

I love a bit of self-deprecation.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:

I love a bit of self-deprecation.

It's the forum I'm thinking of, keeps it blocked up for days, I mean weeks, sorry months... I meant years. 

?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Still hope we ****ing hammer you though.

The way we're playing this season so far, you'll be odds on for it to be honest - a win for us would be a bonus but on a shite pitch on a wet west coast afternoon/night the weight of expectation might just play against you

Just now, harrywragg said:

The way we're playing this season so far, you'll be odds on for it to be honest - a win for us would be a bonus but on a shite pitch on a wet west coast afternoon/night the weight of expectation might just play against you

It's a cup game mate so upsets happen but I'm fairly sure big fizzicul Hertz could manage a bit of rain?

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Absolutely serious. Our away form isn't reliable. If we had Partick at home I would be delighted. Away from home I predict we will start slow, look unorganised and probably make things as difficult we can for ourselves. 

I wish it was different but that seems to be the way of things for us. All we need is for them to be on a horrendous run of form and have a striker who hasn't scored in about 3 months and we will be in real trouble.

Our away form is better than Patrick's home form. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Bazzas right boot

Partick and Hamilton are about the only two grounds I'm confident at as well. 

We seem to have a good record there. 

A good draw at home or away. 

Aberdeen tie and Hibs tie is good as well. (if we progress) 

Cracking draw for tbh. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Take it every time tho. ?

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's a cup game mate so upsets happen but I'm fairly sure big fizzicul Hertz could manage a bit of rain?

Two draws last season home & away so maybe not as clear cut - you did win 3 nil late in the season but our lot had chucked in the towel at that point

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Did you not call this on Sunday?

Think I mentioned this and potentially Easter Road. Love going to Firhill though, barring the twin arse cheeks drawing each other it couldn't be better! 

Portable Badger
21 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Two draws last season home & away so maybe not as clear cut - you did win 3 nil late in the season but our lot had chucked in the towel at that point

Had hoped we'd end up with an away Highland tie as I'm based in Inverness.

Partick is always appealing to me. It's my favourite Weegie game but then I'm biased. My Great-Grandfather is in The Jags Hall of Fame having been in the 1921 Cup Winning side. After he left Thistle he moved to Edinburgh to be the Janny at the Vicky Baths in Leith. Despite living in Leith he was a proud Jambo and so started our family tradition of supporting the Famous.  

We still have his Winners medal and a letter from the Chairman of Shitebernian FC offering a contract to join them.  I am so proud that my Great-Grandfather coined the phrase FTH almost 100 years ago 

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko