• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

SectionDJambo

It’s just a well that Partick don’t want to give Hearts more tickets. We probably wouldn’t be able to take them up anyway, after this ludicrous kick off time has been arranged. Partick obviously don’t need the money, or they feel that giving us too many tickets would impact their home advantage. 

7.05 for a midweek game is just not giving a single thought to the punters who actually attend football matches. Much like the numpties at UEFA, who have even earlier kick off times for Europa League ties. 

They all won’t be happy until the games are on tv with hardly anybody in the ground. 

The Scottish Cup is suffering from a lack of spectator interest, so the answer is to make it harder for fans to get to the ties in time for the kick off.

HAMILTON HEARTS

Let's see all the moaners on here how many make it through on Sunday to fir park no traffic or work problems then 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Market forces. 

BBC taking the opportunity to get points  For their new channel. Understand that. On this occasion we lose.

Sadly they don't realise Monday night will dilute  such a fixture. 

I think they do realise it dilutes the fixture that's why we get the Monday night slot. Got to prioritise the OF and make sure they get the prime slots.

7 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Let's see all the moaners on here how many make it through on Sunday to fir park no traffic or work problems then 

Just an early start

And make sure I go to Waverley as 10.23 train doesn't stop at Haymarket. 

But can't commit to Partick yet due to family commitments. Monday being an unexpected day for a football match. Would get to bed at normal time though. 

And I go to every game. 

Edited by Mikey1874

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Unfortunately our hitler youth support will attend due to school hours. At least I can do armchair support although was looking forward to a wee trip through 

I think anyone who will attend will do so because they want to be there, because it is a game involving HMFC. And as the young lads, i.e. those who you refer to as the Hitler Youth, travel anywhere and everywhere to watch HMFC I suspect you could be right, they are liable to have sufficient loyalty points to make sure they can obtain tickets.

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Do you have kids mate ?

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think anyone who will attend will do so because they want to be there, because it is a game involving HMFC. And as the young lads, i.e. those who you refer to as the Hitler Youth, travel anywhere and everywhere to watch HMFC I suspect you could be right, they are liable to have sufficient loyalty points to make sure they can obtain tickets.

The young lads support the club well at away games. 

Disappointing but not surprising. Might take the half day and go through but depends on the other lads I go with being able to do the same. Farcical really as there are clearly other scheduling options available to the BBC that won’t result in a smaller crowd. 7pm on a Monday night for a Scottish Cup QF is shite scheduling whatever way you want to dress it up. 

50 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye they will sell 8000 tickets, dont think so

Not saying they were. But they only need to give us 20% which is 2000. They might not want their team playing a home quarter final with more away fans there than home. 

34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So we should all waste a day’s holiday or half day that could be put to better use like for childcare during the holidays just because the SFA couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery?  

I wouldn’t call taking a day off as ‘ wasting a days holiday to watch the Hearts’ imo but hey ho. I would say It’s a small price to pay to watch us.  I was merely pointing out that rather than moan about it, a few of us have decided to turn it into a day out and get the train through early. I get that it’s not ideal for most people but I don’t see it as a huge hindrance tbh. I’ll just call it an extension to the weekend and will work a half day Saturday to cover my time off

Dagger Is Back

Very poor decision. Regardless of the 'my kids won't be able to go' argument, not everyone can just bunk off work and get through to Glasgow for a 7.05pm kick off.

I really hoped that we'd start to see some change with Dempster and Budge arriving on the scene but it appears not

Just now, Ferryjambo99 said:

Not saying they were. But they only need to give us 20% which is 2000. They might not want their team playing a home quarter final with more away fans there than home. 

Shared gate as well so less incentive to sell out. Don't think they have any financial worries aside from heading for League One. 

14 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Spectacularly missing the point. I'll be at both games but can look further than my own nose to see how this will affect many fans, especially with kids. 

It's a Scottish Cup QF. Should be a big day out for fans. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Spectacularly missing the point. I'll be at both games but can look further than my own nose to see how this will affect many fans, especially with kids. 

You hit the nail on the head mate.

4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Very poor decision. Regardless of the 'my kids won't be able to go' argument, not everyone can just bunk off work and get through to Glasgow for a 7.05pm kick off.

I really hoped that we'd start to see some change with Dempster and Budge arriving on the scene but it appears not

No chance. They are far more powerful than Budge or Dempster.

Also, upset a money stream ?

?

gonna phone two mates to go through early, miss the traffic and have a nice tea before the game, that's because we don't work, no luck youngsters, plus you never got to see Willie Bauld, youth is wasted on the young.

HAMILTON HEARTS
3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

gonna phone two mates to go through early, miss the traffic and have a nice tea before the game, that's because we don't work, no luck youngsters, plus you never got to see Willie Bauld, youth is wasted on the young.

I could join you as am only ten min away from firhill??

Maroon Sailor

Not getting the thing about the kick off time being an issue when you consider the midweek trips up to Aberdeen, Dingwall and Inverness for 7:45 kick offs. Most fans who go to those games are up there for by 6

HAMILTON HEARTS
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Might get a ticket now. If so, will make the 800 plus mile round trip for sure.

Good man and there are people on here moaning because they need to travel 40 odd miles to a game 

Thunderstruck

Monday is a strange night but it does seem to be the way they are running it this year. 

As for 19:05 kick-off, it is early but, if it was at St Mirren or Kilmarnock, those travelling from Edinburgh would have to leave at roughly the same time to negotiate the motorways in, around and out of Glasgow or to change between stations. 

The roads are never good in the evening but there are 8 trains an hour between Edinburgh and Queen Street. Taking the subway from Queen Street to St George’s Cross or Kelvinbridge leaves an easy walk up to Firhill. 

HAMILTON HEARTS
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not getting the thing about the kick off time being an issue when you consider the midweek trips up to Aberdeen, Dingwall and Inverness for 7:45 kick offs. Most fans who go to those games are up there for by 6

Well said that man 

alwaysthereinspirit
37 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

:jj_facepalm:Hark at you with the 86 posts.

37 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Utterly bizarre comment.  The cup is huge for kids especially. A day out if you will. 

It is what it is but poor patter 

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Very few children though. 

League games are all the time. Cup quarter finals less often. 

The reason  I can go to midweek league games is because fixtures are known well in advance so days off can be scheduled.

A cup tie is different and much shorter notice. Monday at 7 is a pathetic time. 

At least I can watch it in my pants without the sectarianism from our schoolies ?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Two of the biggest clubs in Europe play on the BBC  in a quarter final this Monday. It's not just Scotland. 

I'm pissed but realistic enough to realise that tv rules. 

We played Rangers once on a Monday last 16.

Didn't hinder the atmosphere 24 years ago so it's not new

Exactly. Folk acting like a Monday night is some kind of bizzare time to have a football match but have probably been watching Monday Night Football on Sky Sports for the last 25 years! Also interested to know how old these kids are that are old enough for an away day in Glasgow but not old enough to attend a match that will finish before 9pm on a school night? Do these same kids get to go to Ed Sheerin or whoever at the Hydro on a school night?

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly. Folk acting like a Monday night is some kind of bizzare time to have a football match but have probably been watching Monday Night Football on Sky Sports for the last 25 years! Also interested to know how old these kids are that are old enough for an away day in Glasgow but not old enough to attend a match that will finish before 9pm on a school night? Do these same kids get to go to Ed Sheerin or whoever at the Hydro on a school night?

One of them are five year old so a bit of a nightmare but you don’t sound like someone that understands.

HAMILTON HEARTS
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Utterly bizarre comment.  The cup is huge for kids especially. A day out if you will. 

It is what it is but 

Am no given a shit I'll be at firhill and the semi and final if we make it 

HAMILTON HEARTS
6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

One of them are five year old so a bit of a nightmare but you don’t sound like someone that understands.

Probably up half the night 

Edited by HAMILTON HEARTS

2 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Probably up half the night on there phones 

Very good. You've had your wee troll. Why don't you pop doon tae Munn's for a pint since you're only ten minutes fae Firhill.

There's a good chap !

?

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’d be hesitant to take a 5 year old to a game 3pm at Tynecastle never mind an away day in Glasgow. Do they go to midweek games at Tynecastle?

44 minutes ago, Boab said:

Spot on Boab, a day out, not a night out, 

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’d be hesitant to take a 5 year old to a game 3pm at Tynecastle never mind an away day in Glasgow. Do they go to midweek games at Tynecastle?

Been to the previous two cup games and it would have been magic to take them all the way. There’s no reason why this game shouldn’t be at the weekend, I’m surprised that not everybody is up in arms about this to be honest.

10 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Am no given a shit I'll be at firhill and the semi and final if we make it 

You Jambo's in Hamilton are quite something.

Dagger Is Back
45 minutes ago, Boab said:

No chance. They are far more powerful than Budge or Dempster.

Also, upset a money stream ?

?

I agree but if you’re going to come in and more than suggest that you’re going to be a driver of change, either deliver or keep your mouth closed.

Talks cheap

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I agree but if you’re going to come in and more than suggest that you’re going to be a driver of change, either deliver or keep your mouth closed.

Talks cheap

I agree back, mate.

9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Been to the previous two cup games and it would have been magic to take them all the way. There’s no reason why this game shouldn’t be at the weekend, I’m surprised that not everybody is up in arms about this to be honest.

It's just the nature of the modern game and I tend not to get too upset about these things in general. A couple of my mates cannot make the game now because of work. One of my mates who is a bar manager and works every weekend and a lot of midweeks can make it. Chuffed for him as it's only his 2nd game of the season. I would assume a lot of other folk who work in bars or retail will be able to make a Monday but not a Saturday. Swings and roundabouts ...

been here before
23 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Some people are pisssed off about it they've said so on this thread.

Theyre just not off the scale, OTT ridiculously apoplectic like you seem to be.

There is no point in protesting about this particular game, obviously.

But, as fans, how do we get the SFA etc. to recognise that they are wrecking the game, especially the Cup? The game's only worth anything if people turn up and create a bit of atmosphere. Must admit, I'd never heard of Premier Sports until this.

The Cup already lacks atmosphere (think previous round v Livingston). 7.05 on a Monday night makes no sense at all, when it could have been Firhill, packed on a Saturday afternoon. Farcical. Far too many Cup ties being televised now. Wrong on so many levels.

Not my most coherent post.

Was really looking forward to this as well. Was planning a bit day out had the game been a Saturday or Sunday.

Made the decision that I am not going now. Not going anywhere near the M8 at that time on a Monday evening as it’s like a car park. Would seriously struggle to get there for kick off. I also see Partick have given us that awful stand where you can’t actually see anything. 

Think I’ll have my Dad round for a carry out, a couple of beers and watch it on the box 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Was really looking forward to this as well. Was planning a bit day out had the game been a Saturday or Sunday.

Made the decision that I am not going now. Not going anywhere near the M8 at that time on a Monday evening as it’s like a car park. Would seriously struggle to get there for kick off. I also see Partick have given us that awful stand where you can’t actually see anything. 

Think I’ll have my Dad round for a carry out, a couple of beers and watch it on the box 

You could go up the M9 toward Falkirk onto the  M876 then the M80 which swings you by north Glasgow to Firhill.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

You could go up the M9 toward Falkirk onto the  M876 then the M80 which swings you by north Glasgow to Firhill.

M9 is chaos 

GorgieRules22
35 minutes ago, been here before said:

Some people are pisssed off about it they've said so on this thread.

Theyre just not off the scale, OTT ridiculously apoplectic like you seem to be.

You seem to have an obsession with everything I post.....you seem fairly odd.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The kick-off time is actually the real issue. 7.05 is simply absurd. A real   mind **** that one

Edited by Sir Gio