• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

24 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's desperate, the people who run our game have absolutely no understanding of what makes football and the latter stages of the Scottish Cup special. What should have been a brilliant occasion in front of a packed ground on a Saturday afternoon is now a damp squib miserable Monday night afterthought. Modern life is rubbish. 

They could not run a piss up in a brewary

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ive got no idea what that means.

Oh, sorry.

I was making reference to you being a smarmy ***** when peter_hmfc asked for travel advice.

If they’d played Hibs v Celtic on the Monday I doubt the crowd or viewing figures would have been affected all that much.

Our tie on a Monday evening has probably lowered the crowd by 40%.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Different Class said:

Partick clearly don't want to give us the bigger stand (why would they want to give us any advantage, this fixture wasn't budgeted for in the first place so it's not the same as on OF league fixture). 

The 2,200 tickets will easily sell out, likely before general sale. So the kick off time has not had any effect on the amount of Hearts fans at the match.

Not sure about that to be honest. Logistics going to  make that difficult. Also the weekend drinker type fan less likely. Those travelling distance those with younger family. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Oh, sorry.

I was making reference to you being a smarmy ***** when peter_hmfc asked for travel advice.

Ah I see. It was the "those who are actually going" bit that threw me. 

Are you "actually going" or is it just me and peter?

GorgieRules22
Just now, DH1986 said:

If they’d played Hibs v Celtic on the Monday I doubt the crowd or viewing figures would have been affected all that much.

Don’t tell that to certain posters on here they won’t believe you.

HAMILTON HEARTS

Stop your fecking moaning I travel week in week out for the last forty years this will be the same ones that moan if we get the wee team in the semis and can't get a ticket...by the way I only stay 20 min from firhill ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Absolutely. Any of the other ties would be less affected. 

However. Silver lining. 2 extra days recovery from Celtic match . 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah, would have been better to have this one on the Monday in terms of attendances.

Having all four games on TV is ridiculous.

Different Class
6 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Is the 2,200 an initial allocation with the prospect of more or is that all she wrote? 

Thistle official site says their fans will be in both other stands, so 2,200 is all we're getting. 

Hence why the Hearts attendance has not been 'halved' as some drama queens are claiming already..

30 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's desperate, the people who run our game have absolutely no understanding of what makes football and the latter stages of the Scottish Cup special. What should have been a brilliant occasion in front of a packed ground on a Saturday afternoon is now a damp squib miserable Monday night afterthought. Modern life is rubbish. 

That is what I find difficult to comprehend. A full house generates atmosphere and adds to the occasion which surely is one of the ingredients the TV companies would want to exploit. Surely they could have slotted in something over the Saturday /Sunday period.

letsmakesomenoise
3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

That is what I find difficult to comprehend. A full house generates atmosphere and adds to the occasion which surely is one of the ingredients the TV companies would want to exploit. Surely they could have slotted in something over the Saturday /Sunday period.

Once again no consideration for the lowly supporter.  How on earth is the average joe meant to get through from Edinburgh to Firhill by 7pm on a work day.  During the rush hour.  No thought for the paying public.

One might almost think this was retribution for the shambles of the league cup semis!

Its a shit time on a shit day against a shit team.

I’ll still try and go but im not overly full of joy at the prospect.

Edited by Jamboelite

letsalldothebeattie

Shocking decision making it a Monday. Even worse a 7:05 kick off. The decision is even more baffling given no lunchtime game on the Saturday. Fans being treated again as second class in these situations 

Nelly Terraces
On 12/02/2019 at 19:54, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure what sort of ST number Partick have Nelly. But when Celtic and Rangers go to Firhill Partick relocate their own fans to make space for the visiting fans. I suppose there is potential for us to possibly get the bigger stand opposite the main stand and possibly a split of the main stand, with their fans being put behind the goals and in the other half of the main stand. Partick might want to make as much money from this game as possible, and to do so would have to look at a means of getting as many bodies as possible inside the ground.

All a bit irrelevant now mate - Monday night, forget it, feet up & watch on TV. Scottish football doesn't need my dough - bit of a result as over a tonne saved on a day out & get to see the game anyway.

Unfortunately our hitler youth support will attend due to school hours. At least I can do armchair support although was looking forward to a wee trip through 

2 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Doesnt sound like partick would be giving us more than 2000 tickets even it was on a Saturday. 

It does look as though there was never going to be a Jambos take over of a Firhill, not with that amount of tickets.

Oddly the unusual kickoff time might allow some to end up with tickets that were never going to get near on a weekend day...

1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Thanks for your valuable input. I have already Googled it however I was interested in tried and tested and reliable routes from fans who have been there regularly.

Your input is acknowledged regardless :thumbsup: .

I usually take the number 60/61 bus from city centre heading northwards. 

Download the Traveline Scotland App

for exact times and buses.

It's not far from the city centre 10 minutes on the bus and 30 minutes on foot.

I'm like you it suits me better and at least  the early start ensures back in Edinburgh at a decent hour.

For a lot of people it's a rotten time considering the rush hour traffic on the M8.

The usual lack of consideration given to the lifeblood of the game in Scotland = the fans.

7 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Unfortunately our hitler youth support will attend due to school hours. At least I can do armchair support although was looking forward to a wee trip through 

I'm an utter Fandan type post imo 

plus side is it  probably reduces Patrick's support bring live on Tv so it won't affect us to much I wouldn't have thought . 

14 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Once again no consideration for the lowly supporter.  How on earth is the average joe meant to get through from Edinburgh to Firhill by 7pm on a work day.  During the rush hour.  No thought for the paying public.

Just take a half day, whole day off or early finish like most of us will do! I’m going to work till 12 then get the train through and get a drink in the west end. 6 of us all doing the same thing. I can’t see why folk are up in arms about this. It’s an SC QF at the end of the day. Failing that buy a 6 pack, get your feet up and watch it on the cooncil tele....cheap night out! 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, jambo_ said:

there will be more tickets, partick wont sale out...

Think you’re right.  The Monday night will affect the amount of Partick fans rather than ours, if we were only going to get 2,200 either way.

Still a joke of a decision though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Two of the biggest clubs in Europe play on the BBC  in a quarter final this Monday. It's not just Scotland. 

I'm pissed but realistic enough to realise that tv rules. 

We played Rangers once on a Monday last 16.

Didn't hinder the atmosphere 24 years ago so it's not new

Captain Canada

Absolute farce. If any other business treated customers the way football fans are treated in Scotland, they'd go bust pretty quickly. 

I'm working Saturday and Glasgow based so this actually works out better for me. But I don't get the  7.05 kickoff time at all, surely has to be 7.45 if its a midweek.

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

If thistle are determined to stick to our usual allocation half the fans wouldn't  get a ticket anyway.

At least now they will see the game on TV.

The people who have 80+LPs are well used to taking time off work to get to midweek games.

46 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Doesnt sound like partick would be giving us more than 2000 tickets even it was on a Saturday. 

Aye they will sell 8000 tickets, dont think so

37 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Hitler youth aye, strange coming out with that, very very strange.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye they will sell 8000 tickets, dont think so

the point is they are giving us the old stand and that only holds 2,200. Doesn't matter how many tickets Thistle sell, we can't get any more

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Is the Scottish Cup not an SFA competition?

Sorry, of course, but the post I quoted was also blaming the SFA for the League Cup shambles. 

15 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Either way ,its a stitch up i tell ye,,,a stitch up!!!...?

Theyre both as bad as each other! 

Can't be bothered with these early rounds any way tbh. TV it is.

Good KO time for me as I leave for work at 4.30am on Tuesday as an added bonus. 

Great stuff.

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Just take a half day, whole day off or early finish like most of us will do! I’m going to work till 12 then get the train through and get a drink in the west end. 6 of us all doing the same thing. I can’t see why folk are up in arms about this. It’s an SC QF at the end of the day. Failing that buy a 6 pack, get your feet up and watch it on the cooncil tele....cheap night out! 

So we should all waste a day’s holiday or half day that could be put to better use like for childcare during the holidays just because the SFA couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery?  

GorgieRules22
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If thistle are determined to stick to our usual allocation half the fans wouldn't  get a ticket anyway.

At least now they will see the game on TV.

The people who have 80+LPs are well used to taking time off work to get to midweek games.

Iv got enough points but more gutted for my kids who have been to the two previous rounds that can’t go with it being on a school night. We’re supposed to become trying to encourage young ones to get involved and interested in football and they take a game away from a weekend to play it on a Monday night.

Theres no real need to do it either that’s what pisses me off the most.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Iv got enough points but more gutted for my kids who have been to the two previous rounds that can’t go with it being on a school night. We’re supposed to become trying to encourage young ones to get involved and interested in football and they take a game away from a weekend to play it on a Monday night.

Theres no real need to do it either that’s what pisses me off the most.

Yeah

Poor all round 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Sorry, of course, but the post I quoted was also blaming the SFA for the League Cup shambles. 

The SFA were also involved in the League Cup shambles.  Although that is a SPFL run competition it was the SFA (aka Hampden Park Ltd or something similar) who had to ultimately agree to Hampden giving up that game (something they were refusing to do initially).

So if we were being cynical we might think the SFA are shoving two fingers up to the Hearts fans here.  Probably more to do with tv schedule but no idea if there is a genuine reason our game can’t be Saturday lunchtime.

Shanks said no

If it had been the Saturday or Sunday then at least 3 of our 4 could have made it, maybe even all 4. With this KO time I am the only one that can swing it easily and 1 is a definite no. Would have quite enjoyed a weekend jaunt to the Weedge, particularly as it doesn't involve the uglies. Would have made a day of it.

Now more likely to go to a Hearts boozer in Edinburgh or hopefully Hearts lay it on at Tynecastle as I would prefer to give my cash to the club. Also a bit peeved the Partick have only given us 2,200 when they won't be selling out. Fair enough its the 20% I think we are entitled to but by potentially turning away Hearts supporters they are impacting the shared gate.

It is a disgrace but they can basically do as they please now and everyone will lap it up. 

The clubs don't give a shit as they are getting good coin from it also.

Don't give me words like product....better players....market forces.....and any other old pony.

Fans are being sold down the river and it will continue as the TV companies will get more viewers and can pay off the clubs.

They are basically a nasty middle man ! 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Boab said:

It is a disgrace but they can basically do as they please now and everyone will lap it up. 

The clubs don't give a shit as they are getting good coin from it also.

Don't give me words like product....better players....market forces.....and any other old pony.

Fans are being sold down the river and it will continue as the TV companies will get more viewers and can pay off the clubs.

They are basically a nasty middle man ! 

It’s a crap tv deal though, it’s not like the Scottish clubs are getting top dollar for this.

5 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Why could United v ICT/Ross County not be Monday night and ours on Sunday ?

Would that really be fair given ICT/County have already had a Monday night game?

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s a crap tv deal though, it’s not like the Scottish clubs are getting top dollar for this.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Which makes it even more of a shambles. Do people think we'd all go under without this TV saturation ?

Really ?