Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

StevenNaismith
9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your kidding ... says who ?

Not kidding. Can’t reveal my source I’m afraid but if anyone is gonna know it’s gonna be them.

GorgieRules22
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Not kidding. Can’t reveal my source I’m afraid but if anyone is gonna know it’s gonna be them.

Ah well we’ll take a poor support now and the club will take a hit financially, shit all round.

Monday night **** off, it better not be

Something like this I wish:

Sat 12:45pm
Aberdeen v Killie/Rangers

Sat 5:30pm
Hibs v Celtic

Sun 1:30pm
Dundee United v Ross County/Inverness

Sun 3:30pm
Partick Thistle v Hearts

Edited by kila

GorgieRules22

The club should be asking why we would be playing on a Monday night surely. The crowd will be halved and it hits us in the pocket, shambles.

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Monday night **** off, it better not be

Something like this I wish:

Sat 12:45pm
Aberdeen v Killie/Rangers

Sat 5:30pm
Hibs v Celtic

Sun 1:30pm
Dundee United v Ross County/Inverness

Sun 3:30pm
Partick Thistle v Hearts

Apparently there's a Monday TV slot to be filled.

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Ridiculous this TV pish

Stick Hibs v Celtic on the Mon night

Yip.

Pissin' into the wind though, mate.

Clubs are making money from TV so aren't really going to bite the hand that feeds. Just glad i'm old enough to remember when most games were on a Saturday and not on TV.

Wasn't perfect back then but they never took the piss like this....if it is the Monday mind !!!!

GorgieRules22

The money we’ll get for it being on tv won’t make up for the 2,500 plus fans that won’t be at the game.

TV is killing our game, it’s a quarter final on a school night for young kids now, farcical.

Maroon Sailor
26 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The club should be asking why we would be playing on a Monday night surely. The crowd will be halved and it hits us in the pocket, shambles.

The threshold LP'ers should still sell this out shouldn't they ?

GorgieRules22
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

The threshold LP'ers should still sell this out shouldn't they ?

Iv got loads of loyalty points but Monday night fitba with a possible 7.15 kick off just isn’t doable as it won’t be with probably 2-3000 of our support.

been here before
17 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The money we’ll get for it being on tv won’t make up for the 2,500 plus fans that won’t be at the game.

TV is killing our game, it’s a quarter final on a school night for young kids now, farcical.

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Iv got loads of loyalty points but Monday night fitba with a possible 7.15 kick off just isn’t doable as it won’t be with probably 2-3000 of our support.

2000, 2500, 3000 unable to go?

You just randomly plucking numbers out the air?

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

2000, 2500, 3000 unable to go?

You just randomly plucking numbers out the air?

Nah I reckon our support will be halved if it’s on a Monday night, you think differently ?

6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I'm not convinced it would affect our support as much as that.  We must of taken between 3-4000 to away matches at St.Johnstone and St.Mirren in 2012.  And they were both replays which are harder grounds to get to.

Monday night would be poor but it's better than a 12pm on a Saturday.

been here before
5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Nah I reckon our support will be halved if it’s on a Monday night, you think differently ?

Ive no idea if it will be halved. Ive no idea if we'd take 6000 to Partick. Ive no idea if it will be played a Monday night.

Nor do you.

Im just waiting to find out. You're getting awfy worked up about something you dont know and firing out random numbers. Why not just wait and save yourself the coronary?

Edited by been here before

GorgieRules22
Just now, Randy Marsh said:

I'm not convinced it would affect our support as much as that.  We must of taken between 3-4000 to away matches at St.Johnstone and St.Mirren in 2012.  And they were both replays which are harder grounds to get to.

Monday night better than a Saturday ? It’s really not if you have kids or were planning on making a day of it.

GorgieRules22
Just now, been here before said:

Ive no idea if it will be halved. Ive no idea if we'd take 6000 to Partick. Ive no idea if it will be played a Monday night.

Nor do you.

Im just waiting to find out. You're getting awfy worked up about something you dont know. Why not just wait?

Fairly good idea that we’ll take 4000 plus if it’s a weekend and in my opinion a Monday night kills it for a fair chunk of that.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Monday night better than a Saturday ? It’s really not if you have kids or were planning on making a day of it.

Yes if its at lunch time I would say so.  A lot of us have to work on Saturday mornings.

No need for you to lose your sh1t yet.  Nothing has been confirmed.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fairly good idea that we’ll take 4000 plus if it’s a weekend and in my opinion a Monday night kills it for a fair chunk of that.

I remember being at Ibrox 1997 for a Monday night game. Pretty sure we sold out the lower Broomloan (our allocation)

7 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Sorry, but for both those replays we had about 2K at each.

Regardless of when this game is played, talk of 6.5K was always wildly optimistic, imo.

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yes if its at lunch time I would say so.  A lot of us have to work on Saturday mornings.

No need for you to lose your sh1t yet.  Nothing has been confirmed.

You would imagine that the majority work a Monday tho and if it’s a 7.15 kick off your toiling to make the game.

Nothing confirmed but it seems fairly certain

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, but for both those replays we had about 2K at each.

Regardless of when this game is played, talk of 6.5K was always wildly optimistic, imo.

Looking at London Hearts the attendance for the St.Mirren replay 5291 and I am positive we outnumbered their support.  You are right about St.Jonstone though as the attendance was only 3404.

As you say talk of 6.5k is wildly optimistic going by last years Quarter final at Motherwell.  Doubt we had more than 4000 there and that was a Sunday.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Looking at London Hearts the attendance for the St.Mirren replay 5291 and I am positive we outnumbered their support.  You are right about St.Jonstone though as the attendance was only 3404.

As you say talk of 6.5k is wildly optimistic going by last years Quarter final at Motherwell.  Doubt we had more than 4000 there and that was a Sunday.

I think we will get at least 4k if it is a 3pm or thereabouts weekday kick off if we play well between now and then. Attractive match at a nice ground with a very good chance of getting through.

The Bookkeeper

I won't be surprised if there is a Monday night game as it won't be up against anything as there is no EPL fixture so makes sense in that regard. I will be surprised if its the Partick v Hearts that is chosen for that very reason though as it would seem an obvious opportunity to show one their beloved Old Firm which will realistically have more of a draw elsewhere. 

7.05pm Kickoff on Monday the 4th March is what I’ve been told from within. 

Allegedly we are getting 3000 briefs for this.

Half day off work, Platform 5 from 1pm, train through for 4pm. Head to west end for a bite and a beer. Simples! 

Party all the way home. I reckon if they if played this game on the moon we’d still have fans making an effort. Being a Monday night won’t affect our support! 

been here before
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

A fairly reliable poster on here.

One random poster says its Monday and your shits all over the place, its meltdown and there's apparently 3000k not going.

Righto

:rofl:

If its Monday its Monday. Wont have that much of an affect on numbers, infact Ill be able to go where it would be unlikely on the Saturday so thats plus one.

But then youll be in Coronary Care so that evens it out I suppose.

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

7.05pm Kickoff on Monday the 4th March is what I’ve been told from within. 

Allegedly we are getting 3000 briefs for this.

Half day off work, Platform 5 from 1pm, train through for 4pm. Head to west end for a bite and a beer. Simples! 

Party all the way home. I reckon if they if played this game on the moon we’d still have fans making an effort. Being a Monday night won’t affect our support! 

Your living on the moon if you think it won’t affect our support..

Bollocks if Monday night. I'm a 5am start Tuesday morning which is a 3. 30 rise. Won't get home much before 11pm at the earliest as I use the train.

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, been here before said:

One random poster says its Monday and your shits all over the place, its meltdown and there's apparently 3000k not going.

Righto

:rofl:

If its Monday its Monday. Wont have that much of an affect on numbers, infact Ill be able to go where it would be unlikely on the Saturday so thats plus one.

But then youll be in Coronary Care so that evens it out I suppose.

To say the game being on a Monday won’t affect our support is complete nonsense, there’s already been a good few on here that say they won’t make it, throw guys in that normally take young kids etc and possibly guys that do shift work during the week. 

No point resorting to being a tea pot either.

20 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I think you may be going by Paolo Sergio's trolling of Chick Young after the game when he said we had more. It sounded like it at times as we were loud but 2.5K at the very most. As for St Johnstone...didn't realise it was that low but there you go !

been here before

To say the game being on a Monday won’t affect our support is complete nonsense, there’s already been a good few on here that say they won’t make it

"a good few on here" doesnt equate to the Hearts support. Id suggest the vast majority of Hearts support have nothing to do with kickback let alone post on it.

hrow guys in that normally take young kids 

So a few young bairns might not go. Hardly a massive dunt in the support.

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

etc

You've thrown that in there because you cant really think of more.

7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

possibly guys that do shift work during the week

But possibly not. It might possibly mean some some could go.

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No point resorting to being a tea pot either.

No idea what thats pertaining to.

Juat calm your wee self down and lets see what we end up with. You're raging.

12 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your living on the moon if you think it won’t affect our support..

Guaranteed we’ll sell our allocation so no, it won’t affect our support. I didn’t know that our fans only followed on a Saturday at 3pm ? 

There’s £100 to Big Hearts foundation if I’m wrong! ??

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

"a good few on here" doesnt equate to the Hearts support. Id suggest the vast majority of Hearts support have nothing to do with kickback let alone post on it.

So a few young bairns might not go. Hardly a massive dunt in the support.

You've thrown that in there because you cant really think of more.

But possibly not. It might possibly mean some some could go.

No idea what thats pertaining to.

Juat calm your wee self down and lets see what we end up with. You're raging.

I’d say more just pointing out that the crowd will be affected if it’s changed to the Monday, it’s fairly common sense that part to me but if you disagree that’s your opinion.

Raging ? Hardly, but really disappointed that the team won’t be backed by a bigger crowd in arguably our biggest game this season so far.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

United game would be  better on the Monday. Will take less off the crowd than our game. 

Saturday or Sunday we bring a crowd. 

Like other people Monday  rules me out.

However it's a regular diet in England and looking like a  new date for Scotland on a more regular basis 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

United game would be  better on the Monday. Will take less off the crowd than our game. 

Saturday or Sunday we bring a crowd. 

Like other people Monday  rules me out.

However it's a regular diet in England and looking like a  new date for Scotland on a more regular basis 

Id be gutted if it’s the Monday , absolutely gutted as I work until 6pm so have no chance as I live and work over an hour away from Edinburgh. I know it’s a new tv age but that’s just gutting. Same for supporters of all teams I know .  Hopefully it’s not

been here before
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Raging ? Hardly, but really disappointed that the team won’t be backed by a bigger crowd in arguably our biggest game this season so far.

No...

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Ram there Monday up there arse.

You're calmness personified.

9 hours ago, been here before said:

Oh yeah. One for the ladies indeed...

20190213_131259.jpg.23ec3504e7ce4f30e28051bc8763e85a.jpg

Looks like he's borrowed David Byrne's suit from Stop Making Sense. 

Talking of which,  game on Monday night?

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’d say more just pointing out that the crowd will be affected if it’s changed to the Monday, it’s fairly common sense that part to me but if you disagree that’s your opinion.

Is this not pure speculation? If Partick give us 2000 tickets for a Monday night game id imagine we will still sell them? I think we had around that figure for Dundee away on a Wednesday night?

been here before
8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Looks like he's borrowed David Byrne's suit from Stop Making Sense. 

Not a bad call that.

Suit of a Talking Head

Hair of a U2 frontman

Syntax of a broken dildo

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Talking of which,  game on Monday night?

No-one knows. If it is though there could be 3000 of our supporters not going apparently.

Edited by been here before

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko