• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Premier want  Saturday 515 for Aberdeen tie expecting Rangers. 

Police Scotland not keen expect Hibs Celtic at that time instead. 

In A quiet moment I reflected how the draw may well have been different by one goal being scored in 3 ties. 

Very much if your Auntie had baws....

Had St Mirren equalised we would have been at home to Ross County or Inverness 

Had East Fife scored we would have been home to Celtic 

Had Rangers scored we would have played them at Ibrox. 

The numbers system making it possible to take a Sliding Doors type reflection at the draw.

Quite happy how events turned out 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Wonder how long they'll drag this out before they decide when the games will be played!?

New broadcaster finding out about Police Scotland type long

The Treasurer
51 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Nobody has a clue so we’ll just wait until they give us a day and time then moan like **** ?

Seems the most sensible approach at this time.

If people can't wait that long for a moan they can always go onto the thread about Loyalty Points and moan about that without knowing how many LP's will be required :D

There's a chance there may be no Monday night game. 2 rounds ago the BBC picks were auchinleck v Ayr at 12:15 on the Saturday and us on the Sunday 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

There's a chance there may be no Monday night game. 2 rounds ago the BBC picks were auchinleck v Ayr at 12:15 on the Saturday and us on the Sunday 

There was a Friday night game in that round. That would have to be Dundee United v RC or ICT if there were to be a Friday night match

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Monday night would at least give us an extra two days rest after playing Celtic midweek.  Have vague memories of beating St.Johnstone away in the Quarters on our way to the final in 1996. 

We beat St Johnstone way on St Valentine's night on the way to the 2012 quarter finals. Was a replay.

49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thursday???

Pretty sure it was a Monday that match also.  Could be another good omen.

Edited by Randy Marsh

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There was a Friday night game in that round. That would have to be Dundee United v RC or ICT if there were to be a Friday night match

BBC already has a live league match that Friday night I believe.

4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

We beat St Johnstone way on St Valentine's night on the way to the 2012 quarter finals. Was a replay.

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Pretty sure it was a Monday that match also.  Could be another good omen.

Tuesday 

https://www.aiaeok.org/apps/calendar/showWeek?calID=7061503&year=2012&month=1&day=14

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

14th Feb 2012 was a Tuesday, I was correct the 1996 match was on a Thursday. Sticks out because it was so weird

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199603071.html

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=St+Johnstone+1+Hearts+2+1996&view=detail&mid=BE3D5AF601FC9324DD12BE3D5AF601FC9324DD12&FORM=VIRE

Check out Charlie Nicholas in the studio (towards the end)

Edited by Sir Gio

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was referring to our 1/4 Final in 1996.  I am fairly certain we played St.Johnstone away which was televised on Sky Sports on the Monday.  Sure Richard Keys was presenting it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I stand corrected. 

No worries, something else happened that night, with a mate, that made it more poignant.

Does anyone know  the date and time of the cup game at Patrick will be decided. The TV companies

must of made their minds up by now. Work, tickets, transport ect will all have to be organised and I 

just hope the interested parties get on with it. 

The Old Tolbooth

With Celtic being at breeze block central, and probably Rangers being at the sheep, I'd imagine they're waiting until after the replay between Rangers and Killie to announce both televised games, I really can't see ours being one of them though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Boris said:

WTF????

The "Nic" o' that!

I was browsing through the link, heard his voice before I saw his face. Appearance may have changed, the vocabulary, not so much

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I was browsing through the link, heard his voice before I saw his face. Appearance may have changed, the vocabulary, not so much

:rofl:

:spoton:

As I am away in Tenerife that weekend TV is my only chance of seeing it but don’t suppose it will be the top tie so prob won’t be near the TV, without starting another thread is there any other Jambos in Tenerife for the time game on 27th as will miss that too and be good to watch wi the other Jambos 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

With Celtic being at breeze block central, and probably Rangers being at the sheep, I'd imagine they're waiting until after the replay between Rangers and Killie to announce both televised games, I really can't see ours being one of them though. 

All games are on live. 2 on Premier and 2 on BBC

As I understand it, its timings.

Premier want the showcase game 5.15 to be Aberdeen v Kilie or Rangers, on the assumption Rangers will win through. Police Scotland don't want that game played at that time.

Edited by Sir Gio

Calebs Grandad
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I imagine Hearts and Partick will be in dialogue over how many tickets we’re given as well. 

Their own support at home is in the region of 2,300 from a 10,000 capacity so even taking into account the extra demand for home tickets we should be given around 5,000 possibly? 

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

All games are on live. 2 on Premier and 2 on BBC

As I understand it, its timings.

Premier want the showcase game 5.15 to be Aberdeen v Kilie or Rangers, on the assumption Rangers will win through. Police Scotland don't want that game played at that time.

Ah right, thanks for that mate, I thought only 2 were televised, great news as I doubt I'll get a ticket. 

been here before
24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Does anyone know  the date and time of the cup game at Patrick will be decided. The TV companies

must of made their minds up by now. Work, tickets, transport ect will all have to be organised and I 

just hope the interested parties get on with it. 

No, no-one knows a thing. Not a clue.

Wont stop another 6 pages of ill informed opinion, conjecture based on nothing at all and a row about Loyalty points.

5 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Their own support at home is in the region of 2,300 from a 10,000 capacity so even taking into account the extra demand for home tickets we should be given around 5,000 possibly? 

According to some Partick fans on P&B it’s about the logistics of the stadium. We could be given the larger of the stands at Firhill, but it’s more likely we’d end up with the same stand we always get there. 

Also, they’re expecting a massive increase in demand as this is a massive game for them as well. 

We’ll just have to wait and see. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

No, no-one knows a thing. Not a clue.

Wont stop another 6 pages of ill informed opinion, conjecture based on nothing at all and a row about Loyalty points.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47223047

Since the BBC are a stakeholder I doubt they would have included if it were not the case.

A potential Saturday evening Scottish Cup meeting between Aberdeen and Rangers at Pittodrie on 2 March should the Glasgow side win their replay against Kilmarnock will be ruled out as Police Scotland has safety concerns over the proposed Premier Sports broadcast. (Daily Record)

Calebs Grandad
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

According to some Partick fans on P&B it’s about the logistics of the stadium. We could be given the larger of the stands at Firhill, but it’s more likely we’d end up with the same stand we always get there. 

Also, they’re expecting a massive increase in demand as this is a massive game for them as well. 

We’ll just have to wait and see. 

??

been here before
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47223047

Since the BBC are a stakeholder I doubt they would have included if it were not the case.

A potential Saturday evening Scottish Cup meeting between Aberdeen and Rangers at Pittodrie on 2 March should the Glasgow side win their replay against Kilmarnock will be ruled out as Police Scotland has safety concerns over the proposed Premier Sports broadcast. (Daily Record)

"possible Pittodrie grudge match"

"The two sides could meet..."

"prospect of a mouth-watering re-run of last week’s top flight blockbuster"

"It’s believed the authorities..."

Nothing but conjecture and ifs.

38 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Merge please mods - this thread offers feck all of substance, just like the other one.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Merge and re-title it...conjecture corner !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, been here before said:

"possible Pittodrie grudge match"

"The two sides could meet..."

"prospect of a mouth-watering re-run of last week’s top flight blockbuster"

"It’s believed the authorities..."

Nothing but conjecture and ifs.

They cant wait until after the replay to firm the date.

Its safe to assume media outlets will have a fairly good handle on the situation considering they will all be in dialogue over scheduling. The BBC have 2 of these games, it would be hopelessly naïve to suggest they don't know what is going on.

There will be negotiation taking place, including Police to finalise the times. Whenever Celtic and potentially Rangers go on their travels Police take notice. Had they both been scheduled for home matches I would guess we would already know

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

14th Feb 2012 was a Tuesday, I was correct the 1996 match was on a Thursday. Sticks out because it was so weird

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199603071.html

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=St+Johnstone+1+Hearts+2+1996&view=detail&mid=BE3D5AF601FC9324DD12BE3D5AF601FC9324DD12&FORM=VIRE

Check out Charlie Nicholas in the studio (towards the end)

I think the day of that St Johnstone cup reply was also the day that the original incarnation of Rangers went into administration.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Forrest said:

I think the day of that St Johnstone cup reply was also the day that the original incarnation of Rangers went into administration.

Absolutely correct.

The Bookkeeper
4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No reason whatsoever for it to be the Monday night. No rugby on tv that weekend.

Fancy us to be the Sunday afternoon at 3.30.

I'd be surprised if one of the games isn't the Monday night as there is no live EPL game scheduled so its a good opportunity for them to get decent viewing figures outside Scotland.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I quite fancy a 12.15 on the Saturday. Then sit back and watch the rest unfold. Very odd to have all 4 games off at different times

GorgieRules22
20 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

I'd be surprised if one of the games isn't the Monday night as there is no live EPL game scheduled so its a good opportunity for them to get decent viewing figures outside Scotland.

Do you think you’ll get many interested viewers down south for Partick v Hearts or Dundee Utd v ICT ??

The Bookkeeper
5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you think you’ll get many interested viewers down south for Partick v Hearts or Dundee Utd v ICT ??

Possibly not, but they will likely get more when it isn't up against an EPL game and there are both Saturday lunchtime and Saturday tea-time games and 3 games back to back on the Sunday. It's possible if they realise there is no Monday night game in England they could play one of the other ties then which would likely garner a larger audience. And from the Police perspective I don't see how for instance playing Aberdeen v Rangers on a Monday night is any different to the game they played last week on a Wednesday night!

Edited by The Bookkeeper

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Possibly not, but they will likely get more when it isn't up against an EPL game and there are both Saturday lunchtime and Saturday tea-time games and 3 games back to back on the Sunday. It's possible if they realise there is no Monday night game in England they could play one of the other ties then which would likely garner a larger audience. And from the Police perspective I don't see how for instance playing Aberdeen v Rangers on a Monday night is any different to the game they played last week on a Wednesday night!

A Saturday afternoon is far more open to wholesale drinking than a Wednesday surely?

I always find it an admission of their own ineptitude they cant maintain law and order.

Gambling might influence a Monday night kick off. A sponsor might be keen to generate business on an otherwise quiet day for football business

joondalupjambo

I do the weekly shopping on a Monday night, have Yoga on a Friday and need to baby sit the kids on a Sunday afternoon.

3.00pm Saturday for me like it should always be :waiting:

3 hours ago, Dunks said:

BBC already has a live league match that Friday night I believe.

Yip.

Morton v Falkirk is currently listed as live on BBC Scotland (Fri 19:05ko).

I don't expect that will be carved in stone mind....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The bottom line is that if the game is on the Monday night you can half the attendance.

More than likely. We did beat Rangers on a Monday night in 1995 though, that was a pretty special evening. Think we beat Partick in 2006 Saturday lunchtime kick off, if history wants to repeat itself

10 minutes ago, 1874s_Kin said:

Yip.

Morton v Falkirk is currently listed as live on BBC Scotland (Fri 19:05ko).

I don't expect that will be carved in stone mind....

Think that's the new BBC Scotland channel that launches later this month so would expect it'll still be shown. 

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs (updated)
Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

I do the weekly shopping on a Monday night, have Yoga on a Friday and need to baby sit the kids on a Sunday afternoon.

3.00pm Saturday for me like it should always be :waiting:

That’s about the only KO time that we know it certainly won’t be ?.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So 2 days after the draw still no update on games just over a fortnight away. 

Probably add another 7 days to that. Roughly about 10pm on Wed 20th Feb

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s about the only KO time that we know it certainly won’t be ?.

Yep agree, was sure of that one :pleased:

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko