SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Will get a ticket for the home end if necessary. Won’t have points if we only get the main stand but been to both cup games so far & fancy this 1 big time.

Not sure what sort of ST number Partick have Nelly. But when Celtic and Rangers go to Firhill Partick relocate their own fans to make space for the visiting fans. I suppose there is potential for us to possibly get the bigger stand opposite the main stand and possibly a split of the main stand, with their fans being put behind the goals and in the other half of the main stand. Partick might want to make as much money from this game as possible, and to do so would have to look at a means of getting as many bodies as possible inside the ground.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

58 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Strange how the people who complain about the LPs system also don’t attend away games. ???.

Because going to away games is how we kept this club alive?

I’m very happy to be further down the queue than people who go to away games and have a season ticket, which, I imagine, covers most away followers.

18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure what sort of ST number Partick have Nelly. But when Celtic and Rangers go to Firhill Partick relocate their own fans to make space for the visiting fans. I suppose there is potential for us to possibly get the bigger stand opposite the main stand and possibly a split of the main stand, with their fans being put behind the goals and in the other half of the main stand. Partick might want to make as much money from this game as possible, and to do so would have to look at a means of getting as many bodies as possible inside the ground.

To sell out this game, Hearts fans should be put in the jackie Husband stand which holds 6263.

Cant see Partick selling over 8000 tickets if we are put in the Colin Weir stand.

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

To sell out this game, Hearts fans should be put in the jackie Husband stand which holds 6263.

Cant see Partick selling over 8000 tickets if we are put in the Colin Weir stand.

The Jackie Husband stand is the stand opposite the main stand, which is where I suggested they might give us, as they do so for the OF. Plus give us a half of the main stand, which is the Colin Weir stand, the one on the main road with the bar underneath it. The capacity at Firhill is just over 10K by all acounts, and if we get around 7,000-7,500 I would imagine the rest would be enough for their support

38 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd imagine all 4 games will be on TV, but for those games involving Premier League clubs the games will have to be played on Saturday, Sunday and potentially Monday. Either that or there will be two games kicking off at different times on either the Saturday or Sunday. Because there is a full SPL fixture list on Wednesday 27 February (we play Celtic at Tynecastle) the earliest any of the SPL teams can play again is on the Saturday. The game involving Dundee United and either ICT or Ross County could be played on the Friday night (if it ends up Dundee Utd against ICT it means they will play each other twice in 3 days).

Yip.

I posted that before realising all four will be on the box. I would imagine if sevco get by Killie, their game, and the hooped demons game would't be a Sat night. 

Hope ours isn't a Monday. 

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The Jackie Husband stand is the stand opposite the main stand, which is where I suggested they might give us, as they do so for the OF. Plus give us a half of the main stand, which is the Colin Weir stand, the one on the main road with the bar underneath it. The capacity at Firhill is just over 10K by all acounts, and if we get around 7,000-7,500 I would imagine the rest would be enough for their support

Our support is good but I think that's optimistic, esp as the KO could be moved to Sun or Mon.

been here before
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I attend more away games than most but I don't always buy tickets through the club. Most away games are pay at the gate and sitting on the phone for ages is just a pain in the arse.

Aye? We done a survey or something to establish that?

Good to see the old 'I use the pay at the gate' routine getting trotted out early doors.

Edited by been here before

55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

If we get 6000+ tickets there will be no need for LP.

The Saturday at 5 15 would be good if on TV few hours in pub before it and give us the big stand that would be ideal hope no Sunday as I'm working then any one know when they say what games are on TV 

The Bookkeeper
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd imagine all 4 games will be on TV, but for those games involving Premier League clubs the games will have to be played on Saturday, Sunday and potentially Monday. Either that or there will be two games kicking off at different times on either the Saturday or Sunday. Because there is a full SPL fixture list on Wednesday 27 February (we play Celtic at Tynecastle) the earliest any of the SPL teams can play again is on the Saturday. The game involving Dundee United and either ICT or Ross County could be played on the Friday night (if it ends up Dundee Utd against ICT it means they will play each other twice in 3 days).

I had wondered whether they would play the all Championship 1/4 final on the Friday night but Morton v Falkirk is being shown on BBC that night so it seems unlikely they would want to play it then. 

Total guess work but I can see something along the lines of:

Either 12.30pm or 5pm ish Saturday -  Hibs v Celtic

12.30pm Sunday -  Aberdeen v Rangers/Killie

3.30pm Sunday -  Partick v Hearts or Utd v ICT/Ross County

7.30pm Monday -  Partick v Hearts or Utd v ICT/Ross County

Having said all that there are no EPL games on the Monday so they may want one of the Old Firm on then. Hibs host Rangers on Friday 8th as well on TV.

Partick will be delighted with this draw as well.

The games between the clubs at Fir hill have been tight affairs in recent years. 

What a chance for a Championship club to get to the final if we slip up and the draw is favourable .

It's a wide open draw with lots of posible outcomes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hibs Celtic nap for the 515. Aberdeen Rangers 130 on the Sunday. Either early Saturday late Sunday or Monday 

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I attend more away games than most but I don't always buy tickets through the club. Most away games are pay at the gate and sitting on the phone for ages is just a pain in the arse.

Why not just buy them online and gather up tbe LPs? There will always be games where LPs come into play its mad not utilizing your chance to accumulate them if you go to away games. 

50 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Partick will be delighted with this draw as well.

The games between the clubs at Fir hill have been tight affairs in recent years. 

What a chance for a Championship club to get to the final if we slip up and the draw is favourable .

It's a wide open draw with lots of posible outcomes.

Would they not be more delighted to have drawn one of the Championship sides or Hibs??

Edited by Thomaso

Lp are fine , but every time I buy 5 tickets I get one point.

Bought 40 tickets this year and amassed 8 points.

same last year?

been here before
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

same last year?

Presumably only one of those five tickets at a time was for you though. You're wanting a point for someone else going to a game?

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Presumably only one of those five tickets at a time was for you though. You're wanting a point for someone else going to a game?

My wife and kids, so yes- I’m paying the lot

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Be a good idea to have their own accounts.

Be easier for them to get tickets for the Cup Final☺

been here before
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

So your wife and kids should/could get the points. 

I pay for my laddies ticket and he gets the points. Im not sure why I would get the points for him going.

portobellojambo1
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

same last year?

I'm guessing you are buying tickets for home games, given it is 1 point on offer per game. If you want your wife and kids to get additional points as well they will each have to set up individual accounts and you can then purchase the tickets using each of their customer reference numbers. It won't allocate all the points to your reference number.

Hearts:- please let’s equalise this year (in MY cup final history) and be SC Winners!

Opposition 4 (‘68, ‘76, ‘86, ‘96)

Hearts 3 (‘98, ‘06, ‘12)

When we make it 4 wins it will be unbelievable for me, I never thought I’d see one win!

NB still irks that I’ve not see a League Cup win (or League but that would be harder!)

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hearts:- please let’s equalise this year (in MY cup final history) and be SC Winners!

Hearts 3 (‘98, ‘06, ‘12)

When we make it 4 wins it will be unbelievable for me, I never thought I’d see one win!

NB still irks that I’ve not see a League Cup win (or League but that would be harder!)

Not bad 4 nil down but have got it back to 4-3. Should have been 4-4 but for a dodgy manager's decision

I'm clinging to 8 years and 6 years between cup wins. 7 years would fill the gap nicely

My half sister
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hearts 3 (‘98, ‘06, ‘12)

I must be the same age as you but being from Stirling, I supported The Albion until 1971 so I'm 3 each. However when it was 3 down, you couldn't see where a Cup win was coming from and to have 3 in that short time is unbelievable.

As Hearts fans, we sometimes expect too much but when you see the money Celtic are spending now and what went on at Rangers during the Murray Ponzi period, it's just remarkable that we've done that. 

If you look at England, big teams like Villa, Newcastle, WBA, Leeds, West Ham, Everton, and even Spurs would love to have won 3 trophies in 20 years.

10 hours ago, Gambo said:

If we get 6000+ tickets there will be no need for LP.

Aye Gambo, wee meal and a drink in the bar under the colin weir stand.

We_are_the_Hearts

How long does it take to decide the dates and times? It's not as f they haven't known the available dates and the fact there will be 4 games since the start of the season. Joke

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

How long does it take to decide the dates and times? It's not as f they haven't known the available dates and the fact there will be 4 games since the start of the season. Joke

Probably waiting to see what the actual fixtures are after the replays.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Premier Sports will be undecided in case sevco don't beat Killie

They won't want to commit to the sheep game and end up showing a game that doesn't involve one of the arse cheeks.

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm sure you'll put up with the inconvenience of a few minutes on the phone if we make the final.

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Premier Sports will be undecided in case sevco don't beat Killie

They won't want to commit to the sheep game and end up showing a game that doesn't involve one of the arse cheeks.

But if Killie win one of the arse cheeks is out anyway. 

I see premier sports are pushing fit a Saturday evening ko for Aberdeen and rangers should they progress but cops not liking that idea. Hibs Celtic Sunday afternoon not sure what that means for us. BBC likely to show both other games. Please to God not Monday night. 

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

But if Killie win one of the arse cheeks is out anyway. 

That would probably see Premier Sports ending their contract with the gFA.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Bainy said:

I see premier sports are pushing fit a Saturday evening ko for Aberdeen and rangers should they progress but cops not liking that idea. Hibs Celtic Sunday afternoon not sure what that means for us. BBC likely to show both other games. Please to God not Monday night. 

We got a good draw, they won't want us to have a good KO time as well

We_are_the_Hearts
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Probably waiting to see what the actual fixtures are after the replays.

Nightmare for organizing a bus and tickets as some folk can only go on certain days!

14 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Looks like the matches could be switched so hibs game Saturday night and aberdeeen game on Sunday lunchtime.

i can’t see the other two games being Friday night as we have Celtic on Wednesday before and also there is championship fixtures on the Tuesday night....where Dundee United play ICT!

I can see bbc showing one of the games on the Monday night! Hopefully not ours. 

We_are_the_Hearts
22 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Where you reading this? I think we are a cert for Monday night

7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Where you reading this? I think we are a cert for Monday night

There’s something about in on the bbc sport Scottish gossip column. 

Sunday 3.30 bbc slot is a possibility, that was the Aberdeen QOTS ko in the last round. Also no 6 nations that weekend so no clashes to worry about. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Bainy said:

Its in the daily record this morning.  Takes to about the middle of the article before they actually say 'should rangers get past Kilmarnock' 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/potential-aberdeen-vs-rangers-saturday-13992031

While in every other country the Police just get on with their job

If that the case send Rangers up there Monday night and give us the saturday night slot ?

Monday would be a total downer on what should be a great day out for a cup quarter final. TV just ruins these occasssions. 

Would rather it was 3pm Saturday with no TV and a huge Hearts support in the two stands we will likely get offered.

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not bad 4 nil down but have got it back to 4-3. Should have been 4-4 but for a dodgy manager's decision

I'm clinging to 8 years and 6 years between cup wins. 7 years would fill the gap nicely

What was the dodgy managers decision ?

As far as I can see all the losing finals were clear cut defeats.

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Harsh on John Hagart. 

34 minutes ago, Bainy said:

If that the case send Rangers up there Monday night and give us the saturday night slot ?

Monday would be a total downer on what should be a great day out for a cup quarter final. TV just ruins these occasssions. 

Would rather it was 3pm Saturday with no TV and a huge Hearts support in the two stands we will likely get offered.

Monday would be a farce but we are talking about an association that was going to have 2 semi finals at hampden

on the same day, not the brightest.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm sure you'll put up with the inconvenience of a few minutes on the phone if we make the final.

I'm fortunate to have a friend who's a debenture holder at Hampden. The last time I had to buy through the club for a final was 1998.

Edited by upgotheheads

Monday night would at least give us an extra two days rest after playing Celtic midweek.  Have vague memories of beating St.Johnstone away in the Quarters on our way to the final in 1996. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Monday night would at least give us an extra two days rest after playing Celtic midweek.  Have vague memories of beating St.Johnstone away in the Quarters on our way to the final in 1996. 

Thursday???

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko