SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

5 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

? ? We only win a trophy every 50 years so we'll have to wait another 3 years for a tin cup. Which one of the '21 legnds that beat the gers was he if you don't mind me asking? 

Might win League One in a years time?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Those who chose to go watch us hammer a Junior side should not get the same chance of a ticket for this one as someone who went to Aberdeen right before Christmas. 

This one should absolutely be decided by a Loyalty Point threshold since this is exactly the scenario the system was created for. 

Totally agree with this PD. Why should someone be more deserving for goint to both cup games at home over fans that have been to Killie on a cold Friday night, Aberdeen the Saturday before Xmas, Dundee on a Tuesday night or any of the games away at the erse cheeks? The LP system is more than fair and all it requires is that you follow your club away from home. 

Im sure there are some that will get a ticket for this game that don’t deserve one but for the majority that do, then it only seems fair to me. 

Im guaranteed 8 for this fixture but will only take the two I want through the LP system. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The humour was poorly signposted, if it existed at all.

Not you you it didn’t seemingly

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Totally agree with this PD. Why should someone be more deserving for goint to both cup games at home over fans that have been to Killie on a cold Friday night, Aberdeen the Saturday before Xmas, Dundee on a Tuesday night or any of the games away at the erse cheeks? The LP system is more than fair and all it requires is that you follow your club away from home. 

Im sure there are some that will get a ticket for this game that don’t deserve one but for the majority that do, then it only seems fair to me. 

Im guaranteed 8 for this fixture but will only take the two I want through the LP system. 

It’s the same people trotting out the same tired arguments that bore me. 

Usually pushed by the ones who don’t have enough points. “Aye, but I went to the Talbot game”. 

Aye, well done you. 

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And how do we accommodate 13,000 season ticket holders into a 2,000 capacity stand for this one?

Straight to public sale. First come first served. Get those queues snaking around to Russell Road in the pishing rain

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Straight to public sale. First come first served. Get those queues snaking around to Russell Road in the pishing rain

Never going to happen. Theres a system in place that rewards loyalty. Deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

:laugh:

Yeah, very good. 

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And how do we accommodate 13,000 season ticket holders into a 2,000 capacity stand for this one?

Can you not get a decent view from the hill on the corner outside the ground? Sure I've seen folk up there. Could call ot Hartley Hill.

20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shoehorn???

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Can you not get a decent view from the hill on the corner outside the ground? Sure I've seen folk up there. Could call ot Hartley Hill.

I’m sure Maroon Sailor can let us know what it’s like. 

I’m guaranteed a brief whichever stand we go in. 

:smuggy: 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m sure Maroon Sailor can let us know what it’s like. 

I’m guaranteed a brief whichever stand we go in. 

:smuggy: 

Been to Firhill when we put up with these kind of games in front of a crowd that you could swing your cat in

IMG_3054.JPG

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Think it's possible that you'll either get the old stand & the one behind the goal OR you'll get the big JH stand. We're well used to moving seats for the FTOF and usually don't bother attending when they roll their filth into Firhill (think only 1.2k home fans showed up for our last home game v Smellik). 

It's a tough one to decide on as the cup usually brings out the extended families to swell the usual support - from my own perspective my wife/kids & two brothers from down south will be coming back for this one with their bairns... so from two usual stalwarts will be swollen to about a dozen. 

Our board will want to see the place rammed full but either way it won't placate the vast majority of your ST holders - wouldn't mind a trip to Murrayfield but unlikely while the eggchasing six nations is still on. 

38 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Sleeping bags oot, burger vans feeding the night shift wallers, ha ha, be utter chaos.

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Never a truer word spoken.

Chill - not enough LP’s?

18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Partick away it is then. Happy with that.

Best draw we could have got,  bar being at home,  i panicked  when Partick came out knowing hibs and celtic were 

still in the draw, great when we were pulled out .

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Alphabetical order is probably the fairest way to do it.

Regards

Aaron Aardvark

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Chilled. I will definitely be in attendance.

See you there ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
25 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Best draw we could have got,  bar being at home,  i panicked  when Partick came out knowing hibs and celtic were 

still in the draw, great when we were pulled out .

Why would you panic knowing the hobos in hat?

1 hour ago, R08813 said:

Booked the day off for the final absolute certainty now! 

Same day as the PRO 14 final and the wife's team Leinster will be likely be in final.

Likely to start just after 5 at Celtic Park.

I've said I'll try and be there.  Hopefully  I'll will be kidnapped back to Edinburgh.

Hearts, Leinster, Munster plus a.n other in Glasgow all at same time.

Edited by DETTY29

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, harrywragg said:

? ? We only win a trophy every 50 years so we'll have to wait another 3 years for a tin cup. Which one of the '21 legnds that beat the gers was he if you don't mind me asking? 

Walter Borthwick - if you look at the official photo taken at the start of the following season ( no official photo survives from the Cup Final) he is Top Right

Everyone write a letter explaining why they should have a ticket.    Tickets allocated on a 'most demented' basis.    Letters published online with names and Kickback usernames.

Nothing could be fairer.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Everyone write a letter explaining why they should have a ticket.    Tickets allocated on a 'most demented' basis.    Letters published online with names and Kickback usernames.

Nothing could be fairer.

I'm all for this.

As much as I want to get to this one, I only have 45 LPs so I’ll happily miss out if it means someone who stood behind a goal freezing his nuts off in the highlands gets a ticket instead.

No complaints from me.  I’ll be at the semi and the final.

been here before
22 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Ann’ll fix it for you, and you and you and yoooouuuuu. 

Odd you should think of a bairns programme on the back of that post as I found myself thinking of Cartoon Cavalvade when I read it.

Strange.

part_time_jambo
20 hours ago, sadj said:

Round 4 is it not morelos’s red in the 1st game of the season was for volleying him. Tussle at Ibrox then last week

Hope McKenna lands the knockout blow this time.

tried to book the final off. Unfortunately the whole of May is fully booked :sob: I have a good feeling this season too. A sickie is also out the question as my manager keeps an eye on our results too.

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

No point having loyalty points if you aren’t going to utilise them for situations like this ??‍♂️

But they will be using them...because it works and has been shown to work for a good number of years.

No amount of " why don't we..." on here will change that.

part_time_jambo
20 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

We let them off big time. They should be eternally grateful we chose to stop at five for some strange reason. Big mistake on our part but a glorious day of course.

If it had been any more we would have lost thousands of photo opportunities because we couldn't do the 5-1.

6 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

The LP system is absolutely fine and those that complain about it are usually the ones who don’t bother with many away games etc.

Those that go every week home and away rightly deserve priority and the LP system does that. :) 

I think that some kind of LP system is the right way to go, but I don't think it is calibrated fairly. For example, someone who has had a season ticket for decades gets the same as someone who has had a ST for two seasons, and someone who has had a ST for decades (putting thousands into the club) may be behind someone who has contributed less to Hearts' coffers but goes to many away games. Those of us who kept the club alive should get the priority (and, of course, the vast majority of travelling fans are themselves ST holders), so FoH membership should also count.

In my opinion, the LP system should prioritise something like this (but I don't think it does):

1 people who are ST holders, FoH members AND go to away games / home cup games

2 people who are ST holders and FoH members

3 people who are ST holders and go to away games / home cup games

4 people who are ST holders

5 people who go to away games / home cup games but do not have STs

Anyway, should we get to Hampden, and I take nothing for granted (we're not the Old Firm), I'm sure that every ST holder will get a ticket. Here's hoping. A day out in Maryhill would be a bonus for those lucky enough.

24 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Strange how the people who complain about the LPs system also don’t attend away games. ???.

I attend more away games than most but I don't always buy tickets through the club. Most away games are pay at the gate and sitting on the phone for ages is just a pain in the arse.

portobellojambo1
22 hours ago, Boab said:

Good chance we won't be on the box again....which is great news.

West End is always a decent pre-match location !

I'd imagine all 4 games will be on TV, but for those games involving Premier League clubs the games will have to be played on Saturday, Sunday and potentially Monday. Either that or there will be two games kicking off at different times on either the Saturday or Sunday. Because there is a full SPL fixture list on Wednesday 27 February (we play Celtic at Tynecastle) the earliest any of the SPL teams can play again is on the Saturday. The game involving Dundee United and either ICT or Ross County could be played on the Friday night (if it ends up Dundee Utd against ICT it means they will play each other twice in 3 days).

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko