SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

Calebs Grandad
10 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Had hoped we'd end up with an away Highland tie as I'm based in Inverness.

Partick is always appealing to me. It's my favourite Weegie game but then I'm biased. My Great-Grandfather is in The Jags Hall of Fame having been in the 1921 Cup Winning side. After he left Thistle he moved to Edinburgh to be the Janny at the Vicky Baths in Leith. Despite living in Leith he was a proud Jambo and so started our family tradition of supporting the Famous.  

We still have his Winners medal and a letter from the Chairman of Shitebernian FC offering a contract to join them.  I am so proud that my Great-Grandfather coined the phrase FTH almost 100 years ago 

???❤️

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

19 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Agree our support has been excellent for the 2 home ties...well priced which helps....but there's been a few on here saying they won't pay extra for cup games ...but will be 1st in line to get tickets because of their lps when it gets to latter stages of the cup and walk up fans who have contributed to the cup crowds will be left on the sidelines...not every supporter can be a season ticket holder for whatever reason.......but supporters who have been at both cup games should get a chance to buy tickets also....

After your previous post I was going to have  go at you for starting yet another PHM contest, but I sort of agree with your last line here. Having said that, if you went to the two games you got loyalty points for them anyway

mainstandjambo
31 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

If it’s at a wierd time (Sunday morning or Monday night) we’ll get the usual 2500 and there’ll be scramble for them.

We will never get the wee stand at the end cos they always keep it for their ‘choir’

But if it is a Friday night or an afternoon KO HMFC should push for the big stand and we’ll sell 5000 no problem imo

It won't be on Friday night as we are playing Celtic on the Wednesday night.

35 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Agree our support has been excellent for the 2 home ties...well priced which helps....but there's been a few on here saying they won't pay extra for cup games ...but will be 1st in line to get tickets because of their lps when it gets to latter stages of the cup and walk up fans who have contributed to the cup crowds will be left on the sidelines...not every supporter can be a season ticket holder for whatever reason.......but supporters who have been at both cup games should get a chance to buy tickets also....

And so it begins.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He has a point

What point is that ?

That people who only attend occasionaly should get equal status with regular attenders. 

The loyalty point system may not be perfect but if anyone can provide a fairer system I'm sure we would like to see it.

13 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Going to be a Hearts v Hibs final, they will do the dirty work for us knocking out the Ugly sisters. 

We then destroy them and the delusions they will have in the final. 

Oh joy, deep joy, for some reason, many of them do not accept their subservient role, even after 2012.

They think ( ha ha)it squares things, by winning the trophy against a lower league team, as they also were at the time. Deluded.com

Jeezo, I love hibs, as a close rival? We could not wish for better, constantly trying to keep up.

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He has a point

He really doesn't. Loyalty points apply for all games. It's the same team you are supporting whether it is cup games you turn up to or league games. This thing where special treatment should be given specifically to those who have attended cup games is a nonsense.

If we are fortunate enough to have a league decider one day in the future then are we going to get folk coming along and saying 'I went to Ross County away on a Friday night so I should definitely get a ticket for this game'?

19 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He has a point

Those who chose to go watch us hammer a Junior side should not get the same chance of a ticket for this one as someone who went to Aberdeen right before Christmas. 

This one should absolutely be decided by a Loyalty Point threshold since this is exactly the scenario the system was created for. 

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What point is that ?

That people who only attend occasionaly should get equal status with regular attenders.

The loyalty point system may not be perfect but if anyoned can provide a fairer system I'm sure we would like to see it.

Cup games are different. Vouchers should be handed out to everyone who attend cup matches or a separate record kept otherwise you may as well have them on a season ticket.

Fans who travelled up to Cove midweek, went to the Raith and Dunfermline League Cup matches, went to the Livi and Talbot matches could miss out on this one.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Cup games are different. Vouchers should be handed out to everyone who attend cup matches or a separate record kept otherwise you may as well have them on a season ticket.

Fans who travelled up to Cove midweek, went to the Raith and Dunfermline League Cup matches, went to the Livi and Talbot matches could miss out on this one.

you honestly trying to say that fans who are loyal enough to go to all these games don't bother going to our league games??  As I said earlier, anyone going to the cup games get loyalty points for them so problem sorted

I have put my hand in my pocket for 3 platinum ST for years - I rarely go to away matches and pick and choose others - but I demand my 3 tickets for big cup games. Sorry.

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The only reason they would miss out is because they haven't been to as many games as others. They'll have received the applicable loyalty points for the games they have attended and have therefore been suitably rewarded.

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

you honestly trying to say that fans who are loyal enough to go to all these games don't bother going to our league games??  As I said earlier, anyone going to the cup games get loyalty points for them so problem sorted

No I am not trying to say that.

There should be Cup loyalty points - separate system.

Would like to think the season ticket holders would be top of that system as well but if not don't deny someone attending a cup match with limited tickets available.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

They should be Cup loyalty points

you are saying that though. If they go to the league games, plus all these extra cup games, they will have enough loyalty points for any cup game so no problem. I go to support Hearts, league or cup doesn't make any difference to me really

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

you are saying that though. If they go to the league games, plus all these extra cup games, they will have enough loyalty points for any cup game so no problem. I go to support Hearts, league or cup doesn't make any difference to me really

Not everyone with loads of LP go to the cup matches

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not everyone with loads of LP go to the cup matches

You agree that people who go to all the cup games very likely go to all the league games so will have plenty of loyalty points. Problem solved. You now seem to be saying that those who have loads of loyalty points shouldn't be allowed to go to the quarter final if they missed a cup game.  Is that any cup game, one in the last season/decade/century????

been here before
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Would like to think the season ticket holders would be top of that system as well but if not don't deny someone attending a cup match with limited tickets available.

Flag debates bore me.

'Unsavory' song debates bore me.

Fair enjoy a Loyalty Points barney though.

When do we get the first 'anyone not going got a spare ref no/Im only 2 short/Ive been to every game since 1978 but Ive forgotten to go for last 2 years' type post?

22 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I have put my hand in my pocket for 3 platinum ST for years - I rarely go to away matches and pick and choose others - but I demand my 3 tickets for big cup games. Sorry.

Demand all you want if you’ve not got enough LPs and other fans who have STs and go to away games have more then they are more deserving. That’s the breaks.

The LP system is absolutely fine and those that complain about it are usually the ones who don’t bother with many away games etc.

Those that go every week home and away rightly deserve priority and the LP system does that. :) 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You agree that people who go to all the cup games very likely go to all the league games so will have plenty of loyalty points. Problem solved. You now seem to be saying that those who have loads of loyalty points shouldn't be allowed to go to the quarter final if they missed a cup game.  Is that any cup game, one in the last season/decade/century????

Forget it

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Walter Burns said:

As a St holder I won't be away to the next round. 

If we get to the semi, I might go, Likley actually. 

But if I don't, and we get to the final I'll be there and as a ST holder  I expect first choice. 

?

18 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

As a St holder I won't be away to the next round. 

If we get to the semi, I might go, Likley actually. 

But if I don't, and we get to the final I'll be there and as a ST holder  I expect first choice. 

?

Snap.

Those idiots down the docks are screaming on a Loyalty points system. They’re first come first served. The LP system is perfectly fine. It does what it says on the tin. Loyalty, rewarded. 

49 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You will get tickets for any big cup games i.e. semi final or final. Partick away isn’t a big cup game. Those who go to those wee grounds consistently over the season will correctly be rewarded by the loyalty points system. Having the money to buy family or friends Platinum season tickets doesn’t give you the right to demand anything.

Just spoke to my mate who is a seaon ticket holder at Firhill.

He reckons that they will move the Partick fans across to the other stand and give Hearts the big stand as they do when they play Rangers and Celtic.

He reckons the big stand holds about 5000.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Aye I think you should :rofl:

I've got a reasonable debate on this but it's hard to discuss it by this means.

50 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No more of the cup conspiracy moaning from now on then.  Delighted to be heading back to Hampden. 

Let's beat Partick Thistle first.

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

He reckons that they will move the Partick fans across to the other stand and give Hearts the big stand as they do when they play Rangers and Celtic.

6200 according to wiki

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You will get tickets for any big cup games i.e. semi final or final. Partick away isn’t a big cup game. Those who go to those wee grounds consistently over the season will correctly be rewarded by the loyalty points system. Having the money to buy family or friends Platinum season tickets doesn’t give you the right to demand anything.

You obviously haven’t spotted that my tongue was firmly in my cheek with my post.

39 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Demand all you want if you’ve not got enough LPs and other fans who have STs and go to away games have more then they are more deserving. That’s the breaks.

?

20 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Sounds like a good idea, and our buses are parked on that side, less walking for me. Ha Ha

6263 in the large stand.

Edited by Harry Potter
crowd of stand

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The purchase of ST is critical to the finances of the Club. One ‘perk’ of fans putting their hands into their pocket for one is the access to a ticket to big cup games. 

The only thing I'd change about the LP system is to award an extra 2 points or so for every consective year that someone is an ST holder. That, in itself, is loyalty.

15 hours ago, Costanza said:

Off to see the Twilight Sad at the Barras on the 2nd so an afternoon tie at Firhill could make this a tremendous day through West.

Stick on the tie is moved now...

Same. As long as the game stays the Saturday I'll be happy.

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

The only thing I'd change about the LP system is to award an extra 2 points or so for every consective year that someone is an ST holder. That, in itself, is loyalty.

Not the worst idea, tbh.

Could I, ahem, claim mine retrospectively as I had an ST for many, many years on the bounce  ?

Seriously though, nah, mate, good idea but they scratch totals every now and again....otherwise we old timers would be bathing in feckin points !

loveofthegame
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

What point is that ?

The loyalty point system may not be perfect but if anyone can provide a fairer system I'm sure we would like to see it.

Bingo

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You obviously haven’t spotted that my tongue was firmly in my cheek with my post.

The humour was poorly signposted, if it existed at all.

34 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Hope the club  asks for this the Jackie Husband stand would be better for us.

Not sure how the jags fans would react but their is also the Murrayfield option. 

Maroon Sailor
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The purchase of ST is critical to the finances of the Club. One ‘perk’ of fans putting their hands into their pocket for one is the access to a ticket to big cup games. 

Rightly so but you still have to think about people (non ST holder) who somehow can get access to say Cove Rangers away in a midweek cup match (LP threshold never reared it's head for this match) and take the time, effort and travel expense to attend.

We are not talking about thousands of fans here denying thousands of ST holders but surely a cup LP scheme can reward those fans for later round cup matches where demand is going to be higher.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Rightly so but you still have to think about people (non ST holder) who somehow can get access to say Cove Rangers away in a midweek cup match (LP threshold never reared it's head for this match) and take the time, effort and travel expense to attend.

We are not talking about thousands of fans here denying thousands of ST holders but surely a cup LP scheme can reward those fans for later round cup matches where demand is going to be higher.

Like many others, I can't, for the life of me, see a difference in getting three points for a League game and three points for a cup game. It all goes into your total.

Works fine, why mess about with it ?

39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And how do we accommodate 13,000 season ticket holders into a 2,000 capacity stand for this one?

13 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Had hoped we'd end up with an away Highland tie as I'm based in Inverness.

Partick is always appealing to me. It's my favourite Weegie game but then I'm biased. My Great-Grandfather is in The Jags Hall of Fame having been in the 1921 Cup Winning side. After he left Thistle he moved to Edinburgh to be the Janny at the Vicky Baths in Leith. Despite living in Leith he was a proud Jambo and so started our family tradition of supporting the Famous.  

We still have his Winners medal and a letter from the Chairman of Shitebernian FC offering a contract to join them.  I am so proud that my Great-Grandfather coined the phrase FTH almost 100 years ago 

? ? We only win a trophy every 50 years so we'll have to wait another 3 years for a tin cup. Which one of the '21 legnds that beat the gers was he if you don't mind me asking? 

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And how do we accommodate 13,000 season ticket holders into a 2,000 capacity stand for this one?

I think you've cracked it, Phil !

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko