SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

31 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

We're only getting 2,200 tickets so there will be loads of Hearts fans that wouldn't have got a ticket had the game been played on the week-end.

Now there's a fair chance that the tickets may not sell out in the first tranche and the loyalty points will be lowered to allow fans that may not have got a ticket to get one.

We'll sell out anyway.

Swings & roundabouts... 

This is not entirely true.

My mate who is a long time Partick Thistle season ticket holder was sure that had the game been a Saturday that we would have been allocated the new stand which holds about 6000.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

3 hours ago, maroon said:

Not that easy to get too from Glasgow city cetre

Piss easy subway from Buchanan street , right next to queens st station, to st George's cross then 10 minutes up maryhill road.

Nelly Terraces
5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

My mate who is a long time Partick Thistle season ticket holder was sure that had the game been a Saturday that we would have been allocated the new stand which holds about 6000.

Pretry sure that's what the Jags lad that posts here said earlier in the thread.

7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I also know someone who's also a long time season ticket holder at Firhill and he's sure we'd have been given the same allocation whenever the game was played.

My mate was 85% sure.

How sure was your mate?

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Jolly good show, so its monday night footie from now on, just for you to make it, ha ha. You could not make it up.

As I said I’m being selfish. If it had been the Saturday I wouldn’t be going to Old Trafford, I’d be at the our match as I always am. This way I do both

53 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

As I said I’m being selfish. If it had been the Saturday I wouldn’t be going to Old Trafford, I’d be at the our match as I always am. This way I do both

Fair enough bud, enjoy your trip to Manchester.

On 14/02/2019 at 17:12, Ayr jam tart said:

What's the chance of more tickets or lower points total as as my  dad  would like to go to this game 

no chance of more tickets as Thistle are already selling tickets for the other 2 stands 

been here before
On 14/02/2019 at 17:35, GorgieRules22 said:

Shambolic.

On 94 points but they can shove it up there arse.

On 13/02/2019 at 20:10, GorgieRules22 said:

Ram there Monday up there arse.

36 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

When do these go on sale ?

:rofl:

Tickets for Hearts' William Hill Scottish Cup sixth round tie against Partick Thistle will go on sale to supporters with 80+ loyalty points at 9am on Tuesday, February 19th.

Me and my Dad have 100 LP's but I can make it through to Fir Hill for a 19:05 kick off on a Monday night.

I have bought tickets in the 1874 Fans Bar instead.

Edited by Lambo85

portobellojambo1
8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wonder how many supporters we have on 80+ points. 

?

I have 172 and I finish up this Friday for 2 weeks. Unlike many I'll be able to go for a drink before the bus leaves Edinburgh that Monday night. Still think it is a daft time and night for a football game to be played when there are 4 games and two full days in which two games could start at, for example, 1pm and 4pm on each. If TV cannot create time slots for the games on those days tell them to get to feck. If TV money is shared equally I believe, from what I've read, that Partick and HMFC will end up with £10k each, plus a split of ticket sales. It will be a lot less than would have been achieved via ticket sales alone if Partick Thistle had had to announce the game was a sell out with the game played at a sensible time on a sensible day.

Edited by portobellojambo1

You don't need to go to that many games to have more than 80 points. I'm sure we have a lot more than 2,200 fans in that position, but they won't all make that time and place.

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, Dunks said:

You don't need to go to that many games to have more than 80 points. I'm sure we have a lot more than 2,200 fans in that position, but they won't all make that time and place.

It was something we were discussing on the bus going to Fir Park on Sunday. A lot not convinced we (HMFC) will sell out our full allocation, not because people don't want to be there but because, for various reasons, they cannot make it.

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It was something we were discussing on the bus going to Fir Park on Sunday. A lot not convinced we (HMFC) will sell out our full allocation, not because people don't want to be there but because, for various reasons, they cannot make it.

The TV coverage will take care of the switherers and the cannae be arsed's. 

If we don't sell 2,200 tickets for a QF 40 miles away, with decent transport links, then that's a really poor effort for a club of this stature.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If TV money is shared equally I believe, from what I've read, that Partick and HMFC will end up with £10k each, plus a split of ticket sales.

Both clubs get £32k each for a live Scottish Cup match. It was £82k each before the clubs voted to reduce it.

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Both clubs get £32k each for a live Scottish Cup match. It was £82k each before the clubs voted to reduce it.

Why did they do that mate? Seems bizarre.

3 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Why did they do that mate? Seems bizarre.

I think it was to put more in the pot to be shared equally - thereby reducing the amount going to those picked for TV games i.e. usually the bigger clubs.

Edited by Dunks

...a bit disco

I have made a point of attending plenty games so I could purchase tickets for the bigger games with no lp issues.

I have enough points for ER and the likes but can't attend due to the KO time for this one.

:lol:

Just had a look at the numbers on this...after the 5% SFA take from the gate, 20% to the home club, excluded comp tickets, etc. the difference for Hearts is about £2k for full house with no TV compared with 50% full and TV money.

This is based on a very rough assumption that 80% of tickets are full price, 15% concession and 5% kids...

26 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I think it was to put more in the pot to be shared equally - thereby reducing the amount going to those picked for TV games i.e. usually the bigger clubs.

Yup...but the motivation was more to do with stopping the smaller clubs getting an £85k fee for a single game when others reaching the same round didn't. This would be on top of the increased gate from whichever 'big gun' was attracting the TV cameras in the first place.

To put it in context, the prize money for winning league 2 is only £64k and you have to get as high as 2nd in League 1 to beat the previous £85k TV payment. The money could really distort the position in these leagues. It was actually the smaller clubs which championed this change.

Just bought two tickets have just selected best tickets available option as no idea about the stadium plan.

Don't think it will go to a public sale despite the timing.

17 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Who’s going then?

am I right in saying only section 2 is being sold just now?

Ive only got 75 points, not happy about the monday night so if points lowered probably not.

56 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Who’s going then?

All sections were available earlier so they must be selling fast.  ?

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Who’s going then?

Bought mine at 9-01 and all sections on sale then.

13 hours ago, Zaba said:

Anyone offering up their acccount with enough LP’s for this? Would be much appreciated.

Would still be much appreciated ? 

Pints on me for whoever is able to help a man out! 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Zaba said:

Would still be much appreciated ? 

Pints on me for whoever is able to help a man out! 

Being single parent a can't go on school night but have enough loyalty points

letsalldothebeattie

Got mine this morning wasn’t too bothered about this especially with the kick off time but now tickets are on sale I thought I can’t miss this last stop before Hampden 

portobellojambo1
17 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

I was quoting figures produced by a journalist, so I guess he may well have been wrong. I didn't have a clue who got what myself, which is why I went on what had been printed in what I was reading. My take on football and TV is fairly basic, I'd prefer if games being televised were only available to be seen by people who don't live in the country the games is being played in. That way as well if one game was getting televised then all the games could still KO, preferably at 3pm on a Saturday, which is when football is meant to be played.

Edited by portobellojambo1

18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was quoting figures produced by a journalist, so I guess he may well have been wrong. I didn't have a clue who got what myself, which is why I went on what had been printed in what I was reading. My take on football and TV is fairly basic, I'd prefer if games being televised were only available to be seen by people who don't live in the country the games is being played in. That way as well if one game was getting televised then all the games could still KO, preferably at 3pm on a Saturday, which is when football is meant to be played.

Restricting tv games like that isn’t technically possible any more. 

portobellojambo1
55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Restricting tv games like that isn’t technically possible any more. 

Where there is a will there is a way, be it by fair means or foul.

18 hours ago, Dunks said:

?