• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

Almost a perfect draw, home tie would’ve been better though. Need to be on our A game at firhill Partick caused us a bit of bother last season in our first couple of ties.

2 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Had hoped we'd end up with an away Highland tie as I'm based in Inverness.

Partick is always appealing to me. It's my favourite Weegie game but then I'm biased. My Great-Grandfather is in The Jags Hall of Fame having been in the 1921 Cup Winning side. After he left Thistle he moved to Edinburgh to be the Janny at the Vicky Baths in Leith. Despite living in Leith he was a proud Jambo and so started our family tradition of supporting the Famous.  

We still have his Winners medal and a letter from the Chairman of Shitebernian FC offering a contract to join them.  I am so proud that my Great-Grandfather coined the phrase FTH almost 100 years ago 

Ha ha, great stuff ?

Getting married on the Saturday so a wee shift to the Sunday would make it a fine weekend for this Glasgow based Jambo. 

Might still be able to make a late kick off on the Saturday though.

:look:

6 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Had hoped we'd end up with an away Highland tie as I'm based in Inverness.

Partick is always appealing to me. It's my favourite Weegie game but then I'm biased. My Great-Grandfather is in The Jags Hall of Fame having been in the 1921 Cup Winning side. After he left Thistle he moved to Edinburgh to be the Janny at the Vicky Baths in Leith. Despite living in Leith he was a proud Jambo and so started our family tradition of supporting the Famous.  

We still have his Winners medal and a letter from the Chairman of Shitebernian FC offering a contract to join them.  I am so proud that my Great-Grandfather coined the phrase FTH almost 100 years ago 

Great story ?

14 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

So will tickets be subject to LPs or straight to public sale? I feel a scramble coming on ....

Will sell out extremely quickly. High threshold loyalty points to start with.  

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

So will tickets be subject to LPs or straight to public sale? I feel a scramble coming on ....

PHM 1st dibs.

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

About 2,400 tickets

Googled their ground says that original capacity of the colin weir stand was 6000 but reduced 

to about 3000  dunno how that works but less now.

the jackie husband stand holds 6263 and the north stand (partick singing section ) holds 2014 , cant see them

selling over 8000 tickets.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

You’ve got to think this one will go to Loyalty Points. 

Short of Thistle giving us the big stand, we’ll shift every ticket for this one. 

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, Hearts_Museum said:

DzKGPDsX0AE9MSa?format=jpg&name=medium

That 0-0 in 2005 was the coldest I had been at a game ever.  Bought a daft wee pair of gloves out a corner shop on the way to the ground and was tempted to stay in the pub before it.  Remember that big LUMP Armand One they had up front. 

19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’ve got to think this one will go to Loyalty Points. 

Short of Thistle giving us the big stand, we’ll shift every ticket for this one. 

It will certainly be that, mate. We will shift them all but We could be a Monday night game which will slow the stampede, so to speak.

The same stuff arises in these situations about TV. Don't like it myself, when you think back to some cracking SC QFs at Tynecastle...or away !

I suppose it is what it is but still think it dilutes the feeling of the whole thing.

Anyhoo, high LP threshold to start !

By going to the Livi and Talbot cup games as well as a few other league home games you'll probably have enough LP's.

Tough titties to the stay away from earlier round brigade.

Captain Scarlett

I remember skipping school for the ‘74 replay because it was played in the afternoon due to power strikes so no floodlights were allowed to be used.

Unless Thistle give us the biggest stand or give us the main stand plus the stand behind the goal we are looking at a high LP requirement.

I would guess about 80pts needed if our normal allocation applies.

11 hours ago, Bauld said:

Don't like it. 

Yes on paper it looks good but these are the cup games I fear most.

Not me. I fear the better teams more. I consider myself privileged to have been there to see us beat Celtic at Hampden in 2012, as more often than not, we lose that game. 

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

By going to the Livi and Talbot cup games as well as a few other league home games you'll probably have enough LP's.

I'm sure they'll be absolutely devastated !

20 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

If we get an allocation of 2000 the threshold will be 60-80 loyalty points.

I think I remember the 1974 games! The replay was at Maryhill in either a Tuesday or Wednesday AFTERNOON! Huge crowd c. 14,000, majority were Hearts fans! 

PS evening matches were banned due to power shortages hence a midweek afternoon!!

11 hours ago, Boab said:

Good chance we won't be on the box again....which is great news.

West End is always a decent pre-match location !

less than 11,000 capacity.

there's going to be a lot of dissapointed fans.

38 minutes ago, Boab said:

It will certainly be that, mate. We will shift them all but We could be a Monday night game which will slow the stampede, so to speak.

The same stuff arises in these situations about TV. Don't like it myself, when you think back to some cracking SC QFs at Tynecastle...or away !

I suppose it is what it is but still think it dilutes the feeling of the whole thing.

Anyhoo, high LP threshold to start !

I still think we’d shift our allocation if the game was moved to the Monday night. 

You'd be more likely to see a general sale in that instance, but I doubt they’ll shift our game for TV. 

16 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’m only on 75. Just can’t get to as many games with a three year old and a two week old. ?

Just reminds me of an original off the ball joke when it was just on the radio [and actually funny]...

"Thats no excuse caller....surely the kids can go into care for half a day on the Saturday, part time supporter"... :)

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If we get an allocation of 2000 the threshold will be 60-80 loyalty points.

Partick have shown in the past that they’re quite willing to shift their own fans out of whatever the big stand is at Firhill when the Old adorn rock up. 

Decently priced tickets would see us easily shift a good 5 or 6 thousand. 

1 minute ago, moz said:

Just reminds me of an original off the ball joke when it was just on the radio [and actually funny]...

"Thats no excuse caller....surely the kids can go into care for half a day on the Saturday, part time supporter"... :)

I’m working on it... ?

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’m working on it... ?

:)

Im only on 79 points...but if history is anything to go by.....loads will be said about points and tickets but everyone that wants one will get one I think, they will move the home support around to suit, not going to turn money away if we can fill a stand or two 

been here before

A full 12 hours after the draw and .nugget still in lockdown.

Its a full on Scottish Cup Neil Lennon derby. I wonder what they're raging about?

Edited by been here before

I can remember being at that 1984 tie.    Not the game though.    The 1994 tie as well.    Mo Johnston got the goal.    It was the tie before the Wayne Foster tie at Shitesville.    

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

So this is the supporters who couldn't be bothered going to last 2 rounds but see the glory coming so need to be involved....then claim to have been at all the cup run...

The Future's Maroon

What’s wrong with a cheeky offer to switch the tie to Tynie, more money for Thistle?!

(half joking before being shot down)!

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

What’s wrong with a cheeky offer to switch the tie to Tynie, more money for Thistle?!

Worth it to send the Hibs fans into meltdown. 

If it’s at a wierd time (Sunday morning or Monday night) we’ll get the usual 2500 and there’ll be scramble for them.

We will never get the wee stand at the end cos they always keep it for their ‘choir’

But if it is a Friday night or an afternoon KO HMFC should push for the big stand and we’ll sell 5000 no problem imo

2 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

So this is the supporters who couldn't be bothered going to last 2 rounds but see the glory coming so need to be involved....then claim to have been at all the cup run...

Our cup crowds have been much better recently.

Can't have been that many ST holders who haven't turned up for cup ties recently.

Compared to some clubs our fans have been top notch.

We are going to need more than the usual allocation to meet demand.

It depends what appetite the home support have for this match.

The pricing will have a big impact on demand from the home support . 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’m only on 75. Just can’t get to as many games with a three year old and a two week old. ?

Calumn Morrison manages to make the games just fine. Not a PHM imho! :whistling:

8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The 'money spinner' replay will be at Tynecastle anyway. Not fair to have both legs in Edinburgh.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Our cup crowds have been much better recently.

Can't have been that many ST holders who haven't turned up for cup ties recently.

Compared to some clubs our fans have been top notch.

We are going to need more than the usual allocation to meet demand.

It depends what appetite the home support have for this match.

The pricing will have a big impact on demand from the home support . 

Agree our support has been excellent for the 2 home ties...well priced which helps....but there's been a few on here saying they won't pay extra for cup games ...but will be 1st in line to get tickets because of their lps when it gets to latter stages of the cup and walk up fans who have contributed to the cup crowds will be left on the sidelines...not every supporter can be a season ticket holder for whatever reason.......but supporters who have been at both cup games should get a chance to buy tickets also....

Nelly Terraces

Will get a ticket for the home end if necessary. Won’t have points if we only get the main stand but been to both cup games so far & fancy this 1 big time.

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Calumn Morrison manages to make the games just fine. Not a PHM imho! :whistling:

Yeah, but he’s got no “end product” remember. I do. ?

58 minutes ago, moz said:

:)

Im only on 79 points...but if history is anything to go by.....loads will be said about points and tickets but everyone that wants one will get one I think, they will move the home support around to suit, not going to turn money away if we can fill a stand or two 

Was at Firhill last season or the season before. We were in that old stone built stand. Think that’s their main one?

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yeah, but he’s got no “end product” remember. I do. ?

:oohmatron:

I just know we will get Monday night on the BBC. Only because I am off to Gran Canaria that morning after making sure I wasn't going to miss any games while away?

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko