• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

Selfishly hoping for Utd away, so I can enjoy a game thats just round the corner rather than a 2 hour round trip. I also think we'd take a massive following.

GorgieRules22

Regardless of we’re we are drawn if it’s an away trip we should be taken big numbers. Great support at Motherwell last season and same again this time I hope. If it’s to be Celtic away I hope we take around 5,000 through and give ourselves a fighting chance.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Regardless of we’re we are drawn if it’s an away trip we should be taken big numbers. Great support at Motherwell last season and same again this time I hope. If it’s to be Celtic away I hope we take around 5,000 through and give ourselves a fighting chance.

I would be interested to know how many tickets we'd actually be entitled to for a Parkhead/Ibrox tie.

You're right, we'd take a huge support if we did get drawn through there and it could make a big difference to the atmosphere and, perhaps, outcome.

GorgieRules22
Just now, martoon said:

I would be interested to know how many tickets we'd actually be entitled to for a Parkhead/Ibrox tie.

You're right, we'd take a huge support if we did get drawn through there and it could make a big difference to the atmosphere and, perhaps, outcome.

Were entitled to 20% of whatever the stadium holds.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Were entitled to 20% of whatever the stadium holds.

Didn't realise it was that much. Theoretically, 10-12k, but even, more realistically, 6/7k would make a difference.

I remember we took 7/8k to Cup ties at Parkhead in the 1980's.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If we get either the old firm at home it be ideal chance to give them 1500 hundred tickets because we'd sell rest no problem 

We have to give them a minimum 20% of the seats so they would have the full Roseburn.

20 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Taking 5000 fans wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to our chances at Parkhead. 

NaturalOrder74

Decent odds of getting a good draw here, I’d say it’s 50/50 if we get a good draw to get us into another semi, anyone at Tynecastle would be absolutely brilliant if Celtic have to play the rangers at ibrox or something but realistically they’ll probably get Dundee united or something 

GorgieRules22
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We have to give them a minimum 20% of the seats so they would have the full Roseburn.

Taking 5000 fans wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to our chances at Parkhead. 

Fair enough we’ll all stay at home and we can raise the white flag, that better ?

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fair enough we’ll all stay at home and we can raise the white flag, that better ?

I'll wait until the actual draw has been made before arguing over hypothetical scenarios. For what it is worth I would be quite happy to take either Rangers or Celtic at Tynecastle in the QF.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Didn't realise it was that much. Theoretically, 10-12k, but even, more realistically, 6/7k would make a difference.

I remember we took 7/8k to Cup ties at Parkhead in the 1980's.

We used to take 7 or 8k through there for league games in the 1980s. No way we would take anything like that to a Cup tie that's on TV nowadays.

46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We used to take 7 or 8k through there for league games in the 1980s. No way we would take anything like that to a Cup tie that's on TV nowadays.

Not so sure about that, Enzo.

We took a huge following through to Motherwell last year and that was live on the BBC.

Hopefully, we won't have the question answered. One of the Championship teams at home, merci beaucoup. :)

The Bookkeeper
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not so sure about that, Enzo.

We took a huge following through to Motherwell last year and that was live on the BBC.

Hopefully, we won't have the question answered. One of the Championship teams at home, merci beaucoup. :)

We took over 5000 to Motherwell but it was seen as a very winnable game. Apart from the obvious likelihood of defeat many Hearts fans have got out of the habit of attending games at Parkhead and Ibrox due to the numerous hassles that go with it.

We have of course beaten both at neutral venues, Rangers in the 98 Final at Parkhead and Celtic in the 2012 semi-final at Hampden however the last time we beat them at their own grounds in a Scottish Cup tie was.....

Rangers in November 1894 and Celtic in March 1921  ?

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Spot on, I don't want to go through to The Piggery, not been there since we beat them 2-3 around 18 years ago, I vowed then I would never set foot in that place again for as long as Hearts are playing that shower of rodents.

A home tie against ANYONE apart from the Manky Mob.

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, XB52 said:

Home against Utd. Welcome back Robbie and then stuff him and his team for 90 minutes

Looking at plane prices. Anyone want to chip-in?

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Looking at plane prices. Anyone want to chip-in?

Just hire one, don't buy it?

Got a feeling it will be either our poor cousins from Leith or Robbie 's United.  Anyone at home will do with the exception of the other green and white lot from the West.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, The Bookkeeper said:

We took over 5000 to Motherwell but it was seen as a very winnable game. Apart from the obvious likelihood of defeat many Hearts fans have got out of the habit of attending games at Parkhead and Ibrox due to the numerous hassles that go with it.

We have of course beaten both at neutral venues, Rangers in the 98 Final at Parkhead and Celtic in the 2012 semi-final at Hampden however the last time we beat them at their own grounds in a Scottish Cup tie was.....

Rangers in November 1894 and Celtic in March 1921  ?

That record is all Levein's fault. 

The Bookkeeper
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

That record is all Levein's fault. 

Bit of a daft comment though last seasons woeful effort at Fir Park in front of said 5000+ Hearts fans certainly did him no favours!! 

just arrived at Dingwall and noticed two blue balls with numbers 2 and 7 being unloaded from the back of a refrigerated lorry and put in the freezer in the kitchen. Business as usual lads ?

7 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Bit of a daft comment though last seasons woeful effort at Fir Park in front of said 5000+ Hearts fans certainly did him no favours!! 

You don’t like Levein, do you. :(

That Motherwell game last season has been the root of so many of your posts. It must have really got to you. 

2 minutes ago, iain ferguson said:

Assume Ross County and ICT don’t have away strips? Not brilliant when the ball is on the other side of the pitch

Wee bit surprised Inverness aren't in their away kit, it's not terrible but it was the first thing I thought when the teams came out.

Saying that I think Inverness' away top is black.

The Bookkeeper
18 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You don’t like Levein, do you. :(

That Motherwell game last season has been the root of so many of your posts. It must have really got to you. 

Not sure why you say that. Do I think Hearts will have success under the current management setup? No, not a chance. But I have no dislike for Levein personally, just think he's a pretty average manager. 

Not sure what posts you are referring to? Maybe you can point me in the right direction. Motherwell was a big game letdown for sure, 5000+ of our fans traveled and saw a piss poor effort. 

Edited by The Bookkeeper

iain ferguson
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Wee bit surprised Inverness aren't in their away kit, it's not terrible but it was the first thing I thought when the teams came out.

Saying that I think Inverness' away top is black.

Probably made worse by the tv camera angles.

18 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

just arrived at Dingwall and noticed two blue balls with numbers 2 and 7 being unloaded from the back of a refrigerated lorry and put in the freezer in the kitchen. Business as usual lads ?

A lorry to deliver 8 balls. Doncaster oot

I'll take the easiest draw possible for us and hope the arse cheeks get put out by Killie or whoever they get please. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Not sure why you say that. Do I think Hearts will have success under the current management setup? No, not a chance. But I have no dislike for Levein personally, just think he's a pretty average manager. 

Not sure what posts you are referring to? Maybe you can point me in the right direction. Motherwell was a big game letdown for sure, 5000+ of our fans traveled and saw a piss poor effort. 

Thought we were OK. 

A brain fart from us and a wonder goal was the difference. 

Not sure it was Levein's fault tbh. 

Hopefully get a better run this time, tho. 

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko