Jump to content
OTT

Craig Gordon

Recommended Posts

Herbert
30 minutes ago, DS98 said:

 

Every game. 

 

Yet to see this so called behaviour. 

 

Gives the Gorgie a clap before the start of every second half. I also remember he refused to take part in an over the top celebration which involved every other Celtic player at Tynie. May have been after they tied up the league. Showed his class and headed up the tunnel. 

 

 

He's gives it big licks to the Celtic fans. He shows a total lack of respect to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
43 minutes ago, broxjambo85 said:

Wtaf is the term too celtiky mean?!?!

 

The guy is still a class act and improves our gk position no end

 

I don’t think it applies to Craig personally, but Celticky is a perfectly acceptable phrase to describe any absolute *********** who revels in Celtic’s odious history and stench and pretends they are not complete scum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier

I don’t even class all Celtic supporters as being ‘Celticky’. Neil Lennon is the archetypal Celticky *****.

 

THE sort of pricks who think Celtic are a religious and political institution as opposed to a ****ing football club. 

 

 

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

 

Every game. 

 

Yet to see this so called behaviour. 

 

Gives the Gorgie a clap before the start of every second half. I also remember he refused to take part in an over the top celebration which involved every other Celtic player at Tynie. May have been after they tied up the league. Showed his class and headed up the tunnel. 

 

Craig has always thought the same as Christophe in the wanting to end his career at Tynecastle.

 

(some press reports will say otherwise, I know for a fact he wants to finish with us, always has)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
10 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

 

Craig has always thought the same as Christophe in the wanting to end his career at Tynecastle.

 

(some press reports will say otherwise, I know for a fact he wants to finish with us, always has)

 

I stick up for him a lot on here. However, he had his opportunity to do so five years ago, when he was still a top keeper. I unserstand why he decided to go to Celtic, but for me, he’s left coming back too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Future's Maroon
44 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

I stick up for him a lot on here. However, he had his opportunity to do so five years ago, when he was still a top keeper. I unserstand why he decided to go to Celtic, but for me, he’s left coming back too late.

Yes, they gave him a chance, he was written off by the majority in the football world due to injuries and let’s not forget most thought he was done?

 

He worked hard after he almost quit and Celtic saved his career, hard to admit but they did.

 

id have him back in a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yes, they gave him a chance, he was written off by the majority in the football world due to injuries and let’s not forget most thought he was done?

 

He worked hard after he almost quit and Celtic saved his career, hard to admit but they did.

 

id have him back in a second.

 

We never wrote him off, I certainly never. If we were getting the Craig Gordon of five years ago back, then yes. Now? Not for me, he left it too late. I think there is better out there now. His choice was to go to Celtic instead, I don’t hold it against him, but he’s not the same player anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Future's Maroon
52 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

 

We never wrote him off, I certainly never. If we were getting the Craig Gordon of five years ago back, then yes. Now? Not for me, he left it too late. I think there is better out there now. His choice was to go to Celtic instead, I don’t hold it against him, but he’s not the same player anymore.

Apologies, I didn’t t mean anything at you.

 

His choice was made because Celtic (and I hate this bit), took a gamble, gave him a chance to prove he wasn’t finished. He retired two year before signing for them then as he thought he was done....they took that opportunity and to be fair he grabbed it.

 

Not the player who left us, but still better than what we have, in a heartbeat I’d have him back in the sticks at Tynie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paolo

Gordon is passed his best, but he is still better than our current two keepers.  

 

In fact, I’d have more confidence in Jamie MacDonald, too.  

 

Replace our keepers with both Craig, and Jamie, and we will have two better keepers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
9 hours ago, Herbert said:

 

 

He's gives it big licks to the Celtic fans. He shows a total lack of respect to us.

 

Define “big licks”...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
13 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Correct. He is still a very, very good keeper. Would love him back.

 

If he’s being kept on the bench by Scott Bain then I’d suggest he’s not.

 

He may be slightly better than Doyle or zlamal but for how long? Personally I’d rather we tried getting in a keeper that’s in his 20’s and can be no1 for a number of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O

Folk that wouldn't take a player back that would strengthen our team because they've played for Celtic :vladstupid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DS98
11 hours ago, Herbert said:

 

 

He's gives it big licks to the Celtic fans. He shows a total lack of respect to us.

 

So no specific incidents or facts. Cheers for clearing that up 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

 

So no specific incidents or facts. Cheers for clearing that up 👍

His over the top antics after our missed penalty at Parkhead in the cup. There's one for you. Happy to clear that up. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DS98
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

His over the top antics after our missed penalty at Parkhead in the cup. There's one for you. Happy to clear that up. 👍

That’s the only one I can think of as well. Was a bit disappointed at the time but like most Hearts fans, I got over it after about 30 seconds.  

 

However, the poster I was replying to said every time he’s at Tynecastle. 👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk

Crazy to think he is 36 now. I remember him breaking through the ranks and couldn't believe we are able to produce 

 such a fine keeper.

 

Has had a good career. Would have been great had it not been for injuries. Arsenal I reckon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroon

yes. Whats he meant to do if his team score a last minute winner in the scottish cup. He is miles better than what we have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

As soon as any Hearts man chooses gainful employment with any of the horrible 3 clubs I blank them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimbojambo

I would sign Craig and Jamie McDonald again in a heartbeat. Both have given their best to their new clubs and would do for Hearts while being a big influence in the changing room. As for being past it Craig is younger and twice the keeper of Alan McGregor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonnicky63
18 hours ago, red said:

Craig Gordon. Secured the club/vlad 9 million pounds. Fantastic servant and captain. Cup winning keeper

 

Steven Pressley. Cup Winning captain, long servant to the club and gave 100% every game. Would still be at the club In a capacity had the club not been going down a shaky path (somewhat unknown to us fans but probably not to him) 

 

Both snakes?? It’s no wonder the young kids within our support have a song for a section on this forum 

 

Craig Gordon is no snake but can't say the same about Presley though , the way he acted was unforgivable on his return to Tyncastle but everyone has an opinion on him some good some bad and mines is bad and will stay like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dallas Green

He isnt the keeper he once was, even from a few years ago.

 

I'd take him as long as it didnt break the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pants Shaton
19 hours ago, Cade said:

For many reasons, this is the correct answer

 

Would be interested to see these many reasons listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

What antics have made Gordon a snake? Fair enough he signed for Celtic, but so did Hartley.

 

Did he kiss the Celtic badge or something similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs

I think he looks finished. I think he’ll do his last year at Celtic then retire. 

 

I would rather get Macca back than Gordon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

If he has been binned for Scott Bain, look elsewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52

Pretty sure he will leave celtic in the summer. If he is fit, and if Levein thinks he is worth it, then get him back. Get a couple of years out of him and then he can be the goalie coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambojamie91

Take him back in an I stand, upgrade to what we have and a great influence for younger players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benny
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I would sign Craig and Jamie McDonald again in a heartbeat. Both have given their best to their new clubs and would do for Hearts while being a big influence in the changing room. As for being past it Craig is younger and twice the keeper of Alan McGregor

Sadly Craig is not a better keeper now than McGregor.

McDonald has had his time at Hearts.

Even at his peak McDonald was in the same class as the two keepers we have now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
16 hours ago, broxjambo85 said:

Wtaf is the term too celtiky mean?!?!

 

The guy is still a class act and improves our gk position no end

 

Basically means the hun element of our support don’t like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I would sign Craig and Jamie McDonald again in a heartbeat. Both have given their best to their new clubs and would do for Hearts while being a big influence in the changing room. As for being past it Craig is younger and twice the keeper of Alan McGregor

He really isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

 

Basically means the hun element of our support don’t like him. 

Makes you wonder why a dyed in the wool Celtic man like Paul Hartley is welcome back at Tynecastle any time and is still worshipped. That blows your feeble argument right out of the water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Improvement on what we currently have, so yes from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Makes you wonder why a dyed in the wool Celtic man like Paul Hartley is welcome back at Tynecastle any time and is still worshipped. That blows your feeble argument right out of the water. 

 

Hat trick in a semi final against Hibs.  🤔

 

It’s bigot based hatred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

 

Hat trick in a semi final against Hibs.  🤔

 

It’s bigot based hatred. 

Utter nonsense. JC never scored a hattrick v Hibs and he was a Celtic fan who was worshipped at Tynecastle. There's loads more that would blow down your straw man argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
underwaterwoodwelder

Yes come home Craig 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
underwaterwoodwelder

He is a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts
58 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Utter nonsense. JC never scored a hattrick v Hibs and he was a Celtic fan who was worshipped at Tynecastle. There's loads more that would blow down your straw man argument. 

What are the reasons behind disliking Gordon or calling him a snake?

 

All I've read is that he celebrated Hearts missing a penalty against him (fair enough, since he plays for Celtic). I can't think of anything he's said or done against the club and would imagine the majority of Hearts supporters would welcome Gordon back to Tynecastle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo_in_Hamilton
9 hours ago, Paolo said:

Gordon is passed his best, but he is still better than our current two keepers.  

 

In fact, I’d have more confidence in Jamie MacDonald, too.  

 

Replace our keepers with both Craig, and Jamie, and we will have two better keepers. 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DS98
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He really isn't. 

 

Not much in it.

 

But Gordon can make saves that McGregor could only dream about. Only difference between them right now is the clubs they play for. McGregor is loved at Rangers and has a manager who has full confidence in him. Celtic fans have never really took to Gordon and he doesn’t fit in with his managers style (which is fantasy stuff anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf

Bain might have replaced CG as Celtic's number one goalie, but Craig will still be needed as back-up.

 

I doubt if he'll be leaving Celtic any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, Ribble said:

 

If he’s being kept on the bench by Scott Bain then I’d suggest he’s not.

 

He may be slightly better than Doyle or zlamal but for how long? Personally I’d rather we tried getting in a keeper that’s in his 20’s and can be no1 for a number of years.

Rogers prefers keepers who can play it out. I prefer a keeper who keeps the ball out the net. I don't care what age he is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Bain might have replaced CG as Celtic's number one goalie, but Craig will still be needed as back-up.

 

I doubt if he'll be leaving Celtic any time soon.

 

I'd hope if Gordon made his feelings known to Rodgers (if he is unhappy come the end of the season) then something could be worked out. They also have that laddie Hazard who seems to be highly rated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Bain might have replaced CG as Celtic's number one goalie, but Craig will still be needed as back-up.

 

I doubt if he'll be leaving Celtic any time soon.

Back up is no use to Gordon at his age. He'll want to play for as long as he can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
red
7 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Craig Gordon is no snake but can't say the same about Presley though , the way he acted was unforgivable on his return to Tyncastle but everyone has an opinion on him some good some bad and mines is bad and will stay like that

Has anyone actually got any footage of this because other than a shitty chest pump I can’t recall him doing a whole lot bad? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack
On 10/02/2019 at 16:34, Forever Hearts said:

File alongside Snake Pressley. No thanks. And I couldn't care less how much we made from him or if he contributes to the FoH every month. 

 

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing

No brainer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Graham Thomson

Yes 100% Hearts cup winning legend.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot

If he's the best option available, I'd take him. 

 

If he's not, I'd take someone else. 

 

I'd take Fordingham( rangers guy) over him if he was available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug

I think Craig Gordon wasted time on a couple of occasions when Celtic were leading against us at Tynecastle.

Makes him a snake in my book and should never darken our door again.

In fact he should have his FOH membership cancelled and all his contributions returned to him.

All reference to his time at Tynecastle and his many match winning saves for us  and his  cup winners medal should be struck from the record books in the museum. ☺

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers

No problem with Craig coming back here - Hearts have always been his first love.  Playing for Celtic has always only been a job for him. He’s a professional first and foremost and that’s how he earns his money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×