Steven Naismith

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Absolute class act ! I'm watching him closely here all through the warm up and even during warm up he's talking to team mates , telling what to do etc 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolute class act ! I'm watching him closely here all through the warm up and even during warm up he's talking to team mates , telling what to do etc 

Having a quiet game though

...a bit disco
Just now, Armageddon said:

Naismith out FFS

Damn, nearly forgot.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11!11!1!1!11

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolutely.    Total class.  

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Wage feef etc...

Indubitably.

Booooooo...

Played centre half most of the game because Berra couldn’t move the length of himself.  Didn’t have a poor game, was just ineffective because of where he was playing.

12 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Even the best players have off days. Fully expect him to respond with a masterclass at fir park

He did have an off day, by his standard, but for me was still an asset and positive influence.  Still leading players, motivating them, and guiding them.  

6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

He did have an off day, by his standard, but for me was still an asset and positive influence.  Still leading players, motivating them, and guiding them.  

This for me. A manager on the park

rudi must stay

Naismith fell out the game but that's the best hes played in a few weeks IMO. Plenty effort and won the ball back and closed down well, also he was always an option when we were attacking. His shots didn't hit the net but I'm sure they will again soon. Excellent player

1 hour ago, kila said:

Not his best game

But he still has a lot of influence

Did more just link up play. A bit like what Scott Brown does for Celtic. A bit off the last couple of games. Wonder if he might be suffering a bit of illness or something. Still contributed well. 

He's gone off the boil recently. He had a poor game midweek against Livvy and he had poor game today. As they say. Form is temporary. Class is permanent and Steven Naismith is a class act.

wattie exploited

was pretty crap today but he was due at least one shit game and hopefully that was it !  still hearts best player on his game !!!!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought he played very much within himself, knowing much bigger fish to fry for the rest of the season. Ultimate professional auditioning for the role of Hearts manager I think.

chuck berrys hairline
18 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Our players are that thick they don't know how to warm up still ?

22 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Played centre half most of the game because Berra couldn’t move the length of himself.  Didn’t have a poor game, was just ineffective because of where he was playing.

So mishit passes were all-down to the fact he was playing centre-half?

On two points, lay off the weed!

8 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Naismith had his worst performance of the season today but he picked the correct game to play poorly.

Him and Soapy both!

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

So mishit passes were all-down to the fact he was playing centre-half?

On two points, lay off the weed!

WTF are you on about now?  Lay off the weed?

I didn’t say anything about mishit passes, just that I felt he was playing too deep.  Berra clearly isn’t that mobile at the moment and in the last few games Djoum and Lee have been playing pretty much in line with him.  Seemed to be Naismith’s turn on Sunday which robbed us of an attacking threat.

Please tell me what’s so controversial with that?

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

WTF are you on about now?  Lay off the weed?

I didn’t say anything about mishit passes, just that I felt he was playing too deep.  Berra clearly isn’t that mobile at the moment and in the last few games Djoum and Lee have been playing pretty much in line with him.  Seemed to be Naismith’s turn on Sunday which robbed us of an attacking threat.

Please tell me what’s so controversial with that?

This is what you said, "Played centre half most of the game because Berra couldn’t move the length of himself.  Didn’t have a poor game, was just ineffective because of where he was playing."

He did not play at centre-half!

He did hit a lot of poor passes!

So, what else was it then that so blinded you to these two simple facts!

Edited by colinmaroon

portobellojambo1
On 10/02/2019 at 18:02, Paolo said:

There was a pass out of defence from Christophe Berra towards him about 5 minutes before he went off and the ball was lost and it eventually went out for a corner. Christophe and Steven then had words in the box and I was just wondering when he went off shortly after if that discussion in the penalty area played a part in him being substituted.

28 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

This is what you said, "Played centre half most of the game because Berra couldn’t move the length of himself.  Didn’t have a poor game, was just ineffective because of where he was playing."

He did not play at centre-half!

He did hit a lot of poor passes!

So, what else was it then that so blinded you to these two simple facts!

Would it have made you happier if I had just read your mind and posted word for word what you wanted me to post?

THE FOLLOWING IS JUST OPINION....

Fron where I was looking, Naismith was playing so deep HE WAS LITERALLY PLAYING CENTRE HALF.  I don’t think he was poor, BUT HE DID MISPLACE A FEW PASSES.

Is that better?

Edited by Gashauskis9

11 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Would it have made you happier if I had just read your mind and posted word for word what you wanted me to post?

THE FOLLOWING IS JUST OPINION....

Fron where I was looking, Naismith was playing so deep HE WAS LITERALLY PLAYING CENTRE HALF.  I don’t think he was poor, BUT HE DID MISPLACE A FEW PASSES.

Is that better?

Nope!

TBH Naismith, Berra, MacLean, Morrison, Lee were all poor on Sunday - butcas has been said they picked the right game to be poor in.

The sheer desperation to find any negative to the point of just making Shit up to be negative is great entertainment on here atm.

:rofl:

Naismith was playing fairly deep in the second half.   After he was subbed, McClean came back into that position.  Neither of them played well.