Print at home tickets

Back of the Bus

Back of the Bus

Quick question - can the turnstile folks scan the barcode off a phone? 

Don’t have a printer and trying to save myself a collection queue ballache. 

Cheers 

portobellojambo1
Just now, maroonlegions said:

Take your paper print out mate. 

That might be difficult if he doesn't have a printer.

Back of the Bus
3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Take your paper print out mate. 

Don’t have a printer at home buddy. They can scan a barcode off a phone at Cineworld.... same basic tech, right?

Edited by Back of the Bus

Back of the Bus
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

"Print at home"

Not "Show on a phone"

Which is bizarre. 

Yeah - it is pretty specific which leads me to think the scanners can’t read off a screen. 

Insert “this day in age” comment here. 

2 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

Yeah - it is pretty specific which leads me to think the scanners can’t read off a screen. 

Insert “this day in age” comment here. 

U could forward the email to someone who can print them for u and meet up to pick them up if u trusted someone to do that? I will be in platform 5 around 1 so if that was any use to u or could meet at the ground near kick off. 

Back of the Bus
Just now, jamtartan74 said:

U could forward the email to someone who can print them for u and meet up to pick them up if u trusted someone to do that? I will be in platform 5 around 1 so if that was any use to u or could meet at the ground near kick off. 

That’s very kind of you pal. I’m just trying to cut a wee corner here which doesn’t seem to be an option so I’ll just get down a bit earlier and collect from the ground. Really appreciate the shout though. 

1 minute ago, Back of the Bus said:

That’s very kind of you pal. I’m just trying to cut a wee corner here which doesn’t seem to be an option so I’ll just get down a bit earlier and collect from the ground. Really appreciate the shout though. 

No problem buddy ??

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Youd think the ticket office would be open today so folk could ask these questions.

Yeh but maybe rather than wait in a queue on the phone the guy will get his question answered quicker on here.

not really a big problem is it?

been here before
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Yeh but maybe rather than wait in a queue on the phone the guy will get his question answered quicker on here.

Phone the TO get an answer in a few mins. Post a thread on here and be no further forward in 45 mins.

Seems very odd but there you go

No its not a big problem. Dont recall anyone saying it was.

Back of the Bus
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The dude / dudess is maybe toiling with a raging hangover and currently very intolerant of “quick questions” to fellow supporters. 

Would be handy if if they could scan a phone. No denying that one. 

2 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

The dude / dudess is maybe toiling with a raging hangover and currently very intolerant of “quick questions” to fellow supporters. 

Would be handy if if they could scan a phone. No denying that one. 

I asked that question as well for the livi game on here and was told no can’t scan from phone so I had to get them printed off, would be handy if u could do it though. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

On the contrary Im suggesting a quicker way to get an answer.

Back of the Bus
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

On the contrary Im suggesting a quicker way to get an answer.

Which is appreciated but you’ll notice I had already resolved to go pick said brief up before you had offered your first (slightly cheeky) reply.

It’s cool though man. It opens up the question of how much it would cost the club to upgrade the scanners to allow the phone scan option and if it would be financially viable. 

Edited by Back of the Bus

I printed main stand tickets for the Hamilton game in December but they didn’t print correctly. I displayed the barcode on my phone and the main stand turnstiles  accepted it. Saying that I had to be quick as Apple Pay popped up if you left it too long. Don’t know about hand scanners on other stands but main stand definitely work off a phone screen.  

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

Which is appreciated but you’ll notice I had already resolved to go pick said brief up before you had offered your first (slightly cheeky) reply.

It’s cool though man. It opens up the question of how much it would cost the club to upgrade the scanners to allow the phone scan option and if it would be financially viable. 

It is something which LRT managed to get to work, meaning people getting on buses can pay via an app on their phone. Given her past experience in the IT world you would think than Ann Budge must know some people who could add some software to our existing in house systems to get them to do the same, it doesn't have to cost a shitload of money to write a couple of software program files or add a few lines of data to the existing software file database.

Back of the Bus
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is something which LRT managed to get to work, meaning people getting on buses can pay via an app on their phone. Given her past experience in the IT world you would think than Ann Budge must know some people who could add some software to our existing in house systems to get them to do the same, it doesn't have to cost a shitload of money to write a couple of software program files or add a few lines of data to the existing software file database.

There will most likely be off the shelf software that can be sourced quite easily. How much does it cost the club to print off tickets to be collected, especially for cup games? More convenient for fans - saves the club money. Win / win. 

6 minutes ago, Andyjaxs said:

I printed main stand tickets for the Hamilton game in December but they didn’t print correctly. I displayed the barcode on my phone and the main stand turnstiles  accepted it. Saying that I had to be quick as Apple Pay popped up if you left it too long. Don’t know about hand scanners on other stands but main stand definitely work off a phone screen.  

Interesting. Newer kit in the Main Stand though, eh? Replicate it at the other turnstiles then offer a “scan your phone” option on e-tickets.

feels like a pontential quick win. 

I’ve left my printed paper ticket at home before and just showed the steward my email purchase confirmation on my phone and he let me in no problem. Sure you’d be ok doing that

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Phone the TO get an answer in a few mins. Post a thread on here and be no further forward in 45 mins.

Seems very odd but there you go

No its not a big problem. Dont recall anyone saying it was.

Ok 

46 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Says the IT expert. ?

40 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

There will most likely be off the shelf software that can be sourced quite easily. How much does it cost the club to print off tickets to be collected, especially for cup games? More convenient for fans - saves the club money. Win / win. 

Interesting. Newer kit in the Main Stand though, eh? Replicate it at the other turnstiles then offer a “scan your phone” option on e-tickets.

feels like a pontential quick win. 

Getting folk to come in and pick up tickets increases shop sales I imagine. 

The main issue is trying to replicate the size of the bar code as the same as printed version. Did it at the hydro for events. Sometimes works and doesn’t other times

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct, bigger sales of the lego bus.

Back of the Bus
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very good point. 

Would still be nice to have the option although there seems to be a few folk now confirming it works off a phone. 

I have tried to use a home printed ticket. It didn’t scan on either occasion. Plus it used a huge amount of ink with a lot of black areas around the bar code. Scan if it works or collect at the shop. 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, cocomac said:

I assume if you bought your season ticket seat then your season ticket card has been activated? 

Hope so!

Back of the Bus
29 minutes ago, cocomac said:

I assume if you bought your season ticket seat then your season ticket card has been activated? 

I was too late for that. Another solution would be allocating your ST bar code to your alternative seat. Maybe even easier to sort out from an IT angle. 

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Youre wasting your time with that one bud. The chap you’re replying to enjoys his wee smart comment digs at fellow posters, pretty sure that’s the only reason he’s on here. 

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

That'll be my excuse for being late today mate... 

:lol:

4 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Youre wasting your time with that one bud. The chap you’re replying to enjoys his wee smart comment digs at fellow posters, pretty sure that’s the only reason he’s on here. 

Cheers mate, I guessed he was like that with his reply.