Referees again.

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

Just watched the Killie v Rangers game, Alan Muir the same referee who booked Olly Lee for diving on Wednesday night failed to do the same against

Jermaine Defoe. Referees as we all know are being crucified at the moment and deservedly so but is it coming more and more obvious that it is one rule for the Old Firm and one for the other though it has never changed in years. 

Edited by JennytheJambo

Defoe's dive was almost balletic. Perhaps the ref was suitably impressed with his pirouette. ?

Edited by Wee Mikey
Punctuation.

Couldn’t believe ‘Mr Happy’ was trying to persuade us the penalty award was harsh!! ?

Edited by Thomaso

That defoe dive really annoyed me. 

They have 50, 60 times the resources of Killie and an EPL 'Superstar' still feels the need to cheat. 

Defoe seems like a classy guy off the field, its a shame he's feeling the need to set out to try and cheat everyone rather than letting his obvious ability do the talking. Fully expect more diving from him when we eventually have to play the *****. Ugh. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

That defoe dive really annoyed me. 

They have 50, 60 times the resources of Killie and an EPL 'Superstar' still feels the need to cheat. 

Defoe seems like a classy guy off the field, its a shame he's feeling the need to set out to try and cheat everyone rather than letting his obvious ability do the talking. Fully expect more diving from him when we eventually have to play the *****. Ugh. 

Seems being the operative word, his philanthropic side evolved quickly after advertising for a personal assistant who among others things was responsible for developing the ‘global Jermaine Defoe brand’

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Seems being the operative word, his philanthropic side evolved quickly after advertising for a personal assistant who among others things was responsible for developing the ‘global Jermaine Defoe brand’

Interejhling, source?

12 minutes ago, Ribble said:

If I remember correctly, they were also responsible for buying his kids birthdays presents and the like.

26 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How does diving twice in a week affect "DEFOE GLOBAL ENTERPRISES WORLDWIDE EXTREME HYPERMEGACOMPUGLOBALTECH"?

(Also in hindsight I probably should have just Googled it.)

Footballfirst

The worst decision of the day was Willie Collum showing just a yellow card to Paul McGinn for a forearm smash in the St Mirren v Dundee Utd game. However, at least he did give a red card for the assault of the day by Callum Butcher on Ryan Flynn.

Just watched the highlights of Partick v east fife. Partick keeper takes a by kick and the wind blows the ball right back to him and he catches it. Referee gives a indirect free kick for a pass back? 

15 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Just watched the highlights of Partick v east fife. Partick keeper takes a by kick and the wind blows the ball right back to him and he catches it. Referee gives a indirect free kick for a pass back? 

please tell me your joking.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Er, the ref made the correct decision. It wasn't a pass back. The goalkeeper isn't allowed to touch it twice in succession.

49 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Er, the ref made the correct decision. It wasn't a pass back. The goalkeeper isn't allowed to touch it twice in succession.

Partially correct

Answer - match should be abandoned as it obviously too effin' windy.

Haven't seen the incident and whether ball left penalty area (indirect free kick) or didn't (retake).

If the ball had ended up in the net, with no touches apart from initial kick, then corner.

I think, from reading the laws.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-16---the-goal-kick

Edited by DETTY29

9 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Is it still a "papish/tarrier/Catholic" conspiracy after Rangers got their SIXTH penalty in 8 days?

Absolutely they should have had another one.

(According to Gerrard, he thought they should have had 5 in the St. Mirren game, but only got 4)

:conspiracy:

10 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Players rule the referees in Scotland. 

It's that simple.

not sure if the players rule the refs but the 'old firm' certainly own them

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

correct..............as long as the goal kick cleared the box first

Edited by maroonsgotop

Footballfirst
8 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

It wasn't a goal kick. It was a pass back.

You could probably argue whether or not they were in another phase of play after the goalkeeper's attempted clearance.

It's 52' 40" into the Sportsscene highlights programme on iplayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0c36jtp/sportscene-scottish-cup-fifth-round-highlights

Thing on this is. How many of us seen Defoe week in and week out for either Tottenham, Portsmouth, Sunderland. Not once did you ever see him take a dive in the EPL. 

Now he's up here playing for Sevco, in his 3rd or 4th appearance. he's found the Sevco way. Pathetic

1 minute ago, copa-mundial said:

Thing on this is. How many of us seen Defoe week in and week out for either Tottenham, Portsmouth, Sunderland. Not once did you ever see him take a dive in the EPL. 

Now he's up here playing for Sevco, in his 3rd or 4th appearance. he's found the Sevco way. Pathetic

"diving away is the Rangers way"

On Sportscene they analysed in some depth several incidents, nodding through the penalty (which was fair enough) and a couple of others where Sevco might have been deemed to have been hard done by. But not the one where the Sevco defender cuddled the ball with both hands in the penalty area and the ref gave nothing.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That is an old trick question that's done the round over the years.

Hadn't realised it happened again yesterday.

On reflection, there is nothing to stop the keeper taking a second touch in the box and getting a re-take.

Assuming in this case the ball did leave the area but not touch the ground, leaves an argument that he can take a 2nd touch.

I'm a qualified ref, I honestly don't know. :facepalm:

49 minutes ago, The Merse said:

They seemed to be going through most of the decisions with a fine tooth comb last night but didn’t revisit the Defoe dive.

Weird.

They mustn't upset Stevie G

1 hour ago, copa-mundial said:

Wasn't he the player that smashed up Craig Gordon's arm going for a ball he was never going to get?

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Wasn't he the player that smashed up Craug Gordon's arm going for a ball hexeas never going to get?

i've a feeling he did it twice to gordon

12 hours ago, Ribble said:

Bit like Neil Lennon is a really nice guy away from football.

Aye, as long as you agree with everything he says, if not, Mr. Angry comes right to the fore.

56 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

That is an old trick question that's done the round over the years.

Hadn't realised it happened again yesterday.

On reflection, there is nothing to stop the keeper taking a second touch in the box and getting a re-take.

Assuming in this case the ball did leave the area but not touch the ground, leaves an argument that he can take a 2nd touch.

I'm a qualified ref, I honestly don't know. :facepalm:

I've now watched it.

It wasn't from a goal kick.  It was a pass back that he sliced and sclaffed about 30 feet in the air and took a few steps to catch so as not to risk an attacker intercepting. 

21 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Wasn't he the player that smashed up Craig Gordon's arm going for a ball he was never going to get?

You could be right yeah ?

Watched the highlights from yesterday. Ignoring the dive, what confused me about yesterday was the boy from Killie not being sent off for the high boot. Christ, McKenna got sent off for less on Wednesday night

47 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Watched the highlights from yesterday. Ignoring the dive, what confused me about yesterday was the boy from Killie not being sent off for the high boot. Christ, McKenna got sent off for less on Wednesday night

I think the Killie one is a yellow, high boot but was going for ball, and not leading with studs the way Butcher did for his sending off.  As a PS, Flynn'sboot was also v.high in the tackle but again leading with top of foot, not studs.

Initially I thought McKenna was hard done by until I saw the little secondary kick out after he  cleared the ball.