Man U

AlimOzturk

Quite a turnaround and they are right back into the mix for top 4 again. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done an amazing job really. 

Just wonder why the Man U players couldn't do that under Jose. I know motivation and tactics make a difference but it is quite clear to me that they downed tools to get him sacked. Which when you are earning the money they are is discraceful. 

Wouldn't ususlly be interested but I really like Ole. Always been a massive fan of his and he comes across as a really humble likeable guy. 

Roberto Rajio
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Quite a turnaround and they are right back into the mix for top 4 again. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done an amazing job really. 

Just wonder why the Man U players couldn't do that under Jose. I know motivation and tactics make a difference but it is quite clear to me that they downed tools to get him sacked. Which when you are earning the money they are is discraceful. 

Wouldn't ususlly be interested but I really like Ole. Always been a massive fan of his and he comes across as a really humble likeable guy. 

I can see that point, but surely its the managers job to manage his players? If they don't want to play for him then he's not managed them very well.

6 minutes ago, benny said:

Their fans suddenly taken an interest in football again.?

Dunno if that is aimed at me but I am not a Man U fan by any stretch. Only club I love is Hearts. 

Just find it interesting the difference a manager can make. Especially considering the success of Jose compared with Solskjaer. 

7 minutes ago, Roberto Rajio said:

I can see that point, but surely its the managers job to manage his players? If they don't want to play for him then he's not managed them very well.

True.  But if they deliberately down tools, that is still wrong.  

They get paid a fortune to do a job, and supporters pay a lot to watch them.   

We experienced the same against Falkirk, under Jordan.  Every player who actively took part in downing tools that day was a disgrace. 

I think there’s an element to Man U where Solskjaer has let his ball players play and express while keeping a good defensive structure behind them.

Sounds too simple but sometimes it’s the answer.

Alot of managers want to be the geniuses these days with too much tactics imposed on their teams.

You need shape and tactics but why stunt natural footballers? It seemed like that under Jose. 

Edited by Debut 4

Massive turnaround at Old Trafford.

Too late to win the league?  I suspect so.

Edited by Morgan

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

To be fair Jose pretty much downed tools himself. Even in pre season he was trying to get sacked.

Its weird. He seems to have lost all interest and empathy as a manager. Needs a long break.

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

True.  But if they deliberately down tools, that is still wrong.  

They get paid a fortune to do a job, and supporters pay a lot to watch them.   

We experienced the same against Falkirk, under Jordan.  Every player who actively took part in downing tools that day was a disgrace. 

This is my feeling on it as well.

Just look at the difference in Pogba. Totally different player absolutely strolled that game against Fulham today. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Massive turnaround at Old Trafford.

To late to win the league?  I suspect so.

No chance. They would have to win almost every game and Liverpool and Man City would have to have a total prolapse. 

Could see Liverpool doing that but not City. Think the fans and board will be delighted with fourth place and getting past PSG. 

A lot of "fans" will now be forced to decide between their Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd tops over the coming weeks.

Салатные палочки

Jose is a bit of a prick let's be honest. A guy who thinks he is bigger than every club he has been at. He has been very successful in the past but his brand of football is as dull as dishwater. However when you're winning trophies it doesn't tend to matter. They won two trophies under him but they just happened to be the ones no one in the top four in England gives a shiny shite about. 

I agree with the above that OGS has let them express themselves more and they are playing a much more attractive brand of football. That was apparent from his first game in charge. He know what it means to play for Man U and what the fans want to see. Attractive football, a winning team players who will fight to the death to win. Basically everything they were under Fergie. 

PeterintheRain
14 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Jose is a bit of a prick let's be honest. A guy who thinks he is bigger than every club he has been at. He has been very successful in the past but his brand of football is as dull as dishwater. However when you're winning trophies it doesn't tend to matter. They won two trophies under him but they just happened to be the ones no one in the top four in England gives a shiny shite about. 

I agree with the above that OGS has let them express themselves more and they are playing a much more attractive brand of football. That was apparent from his first game in charge. He know what it means to play for Man U and what the fans want to see. Attractive football, a winning team players who will fight to the death to win. Basically everything they were under Fergie. 

Everything they were under that alcoholic racist was a team of thugs who cheated their way to title after title thanks to a cadre of bent officials who would do anything to avoid upsetting Sir Quisling Yoon and total failure as  Scotland manager.

Just now, PeterintheRain said:

Everything they were under that alcoholic racist was a team of thugs who cheated their way to title after title thanks to a cadre of bent officials who would do anything to avoid upsetting Sir Quisling Yoon and total failure as  Scotland manager.

????? 

For real?

1 minute ago, PeterintheRain said:

:rofl:

biggest heap of pish I have read on here for a while. 

haveyouheard 22

Some utter garbage on here

Downing tools, who knows, maybe the Managers tactics and team selection were  just shite

As for City, never be in the race bar ridiculous  investment but fair play to them taking advantage of that dream ticket

As for this reply, he must be steaming or seriously bitter, maybe both  to post such guff

Everything they were under that alcoholic racist was a team of thugs who cheated their way to title after title thanks to a cadre of bent officials who would do anything to avoid upsetting Sir Quisling Yoon and total failure as  Scotland manager

Салатные палочки
15 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

My god :wow:

17 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

Brilliant fantasy world you are living in

Good stuff 

20 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

I've read some shite on here but...

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They have good players 

Not far off good enough to win things 

their defence is the problem, and they have just gave phil "the face" jones a 4 year new deal

17 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Some utter garbage on here

Downing tools, who knows, maybe the Managers tactics and team selection were  just shite

As for City, never be in the race bar ridiculous  investment but fair play to them taking advantage of that dream ticket

As for this reply, he must be steaming or seriously bitter, maybe both  to post such guff

Everything they were under that alcoholic racist was a team of thugs who cheated their way to title after title thanks to a cadre of bent officials who would do anything to avoid upsetting Sir Quisling Yoon and total failure as  Scotland manager

The anomaly that was Leicester City aside, you really do need that kind of investment in England to upset the status quo. It's not uncommon for say Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool etc to have a bad season and get in ahead of them. But it would never happen at the same time, that leaves one other option and its having a chequebook the size of City's. 

been here before

2 hours ago, benny said:

Their fans suddenly taken an interest in football again.?

Aye theyll be dancing in the streets of Cheshire, Essex, Bangkok...

1 hour ago, PeterintheRain said:

Everything they were under that alcoholic racist was a team of thugs who cheated their way to title after title thanks to a cadre of bent officials who would do anything to avoid upsetting Sir Quisling Yoon

and total failure as  Scotland manager.

image.jpg.0ba09ebabb993532bda7ded424e9921e.jpg

1 hour ago, PeterintheRain said:

And the winner of the most bizarre post goes to.....

It's amazing what a negative, set up not to lose manager does to players that are superior to most of their opponents.

Like others have said, OGS has Man Utd's attacking players focusing on doing what they do best.

Seymour M Hersh

There's zero pressure on Golum absolutely none. His job at home is safe and he probably knows he won't be given the permanent role . I hope they do give him the gig full time as we'll soon see he's a shite manager.

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Man Ure. Shower of wanks. I hope the real Manchester team do the job on the Salford based twats.

FC United, Jonno? 

I think it's a disgrace that players can get a manager sacked but it's the way of modern football at the highest level. Professional pride obviously counts for nowt now. It's all about money and personal glory. **** The team look at me. 

I can see similarities from when Chelsea gave Di Matteo the manager job.

OGS has improved them by picking a faster striker to lead the line. But really all he has to do is pick the team and keep the players happy.

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

A Manchester City fan talking about fans "suddenly" taking an interest is quite ironic, when you think about it.

Not really.City fans stood by their club during the bad times.

18 minutes ago, benny said:

Not really.City fans stood by their club during the bad times.

Right, while Man Utd had an average attendance of over 50,000 the year they spent in the 2nd Division. So what's your point?

The sudden spike in foreign interest in Manchester City, when they were bought over by the Sheikh fella was a coincidence, was it?

20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right, while Man Utd had an average attendance of over 50,000 the year they spent in the 2nd Division. So what's your point?

The sudden spike in foreign interest in Manchester City, when they were bought over by the Sheikh fella was a coincidence, was it?

It started before the take over with Erikson and Hughes.

Anyway I was talking about Utd fans on this site,not the fans that goes to the games.

1 hour ago, DVB said:

I can see similarities from when Chelsea gave Di Matteo the manager job.

OGS has improved them by picking a faster striker to lead the line. But really all he has to do is pick the team and keep the players happy.

Yeah I think there is more to than picking a team and keeping players happy. 

I could do that FFS. 

Players still took full wages while getting guy sacked fans paying for travel and tickets players they should be ashamed of themselves

basically a bunch of cheats who would have been in with a chance of winning league if they had tried.