***Official Hearts v Auchinleck Talbot Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Talbot only have a chance if we allow them to slug it out with us, some of the fast, free flowing football we produced early season and are beginning to get glimpses of again would see them quickly dispatched

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• whodanny

• iantjambo

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So if he’s playing crap and he’s booed will it not get a reaction? 

Fortunately, most fans will give the laddie the benefit of the doubt and judge him on performances rather than Mikey Stewart's agenda. We do have a few oddballs that are like Mikey and search desperately for sticks to beat Levein and the club with though. Small minority fortunately.

Either way I think the boy will pay more attention to his manager than randoms in the stand

31 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Talbot only have a chance if we allow them to slug it out with us, some of the fast, free flowing football we produced early season and are beginning to get glimpses of again would see them quickly dispatched

If we want that then we must keep the ball on the ground and to do that we should not allow the ball anywhere near Berra in terms of trying to start attacking moves.

He is a great defender for us but his distribution is terrible. Since his injury he can't even lump the ball up the park properly.

We should be playing this game with two wingers and get the ball in behind their fullbacks and stretch them rather than allowing them to be compact as Livingston were on Wednesday.

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So having the fourth biggest budget means you have to change a lot? Against the 8 teams who have a smaller budget and haven’t got as good a playing squad as us? Good teams impose their style of play on other teams, it worked at the beginning of the season so should we not go back to that if everyone is fit?

Having three teams in the league with a bigger budget and a couple with a similar budget means that we have to adapt our tactics more than teams in other leagues. 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Having three teams in the league with a bigger budget and a couple with a similar budget means that we have to adapt our tactics more than teams in other leagues. 

I'd have to ask why. You don't develop a style of play based on the cost of players, you develop a style of play based on the best way the players you do have available to you can play. We had a style of play which in the first few weeks of the season worked perfectly, irrespective of the opposition and how much they had paid for the players they have. We did have to adapt a little when players dropped out due to injury, but we are near enough back to having access to the full squad again, so logic makes me think we go back to playing how we did early in the season, i.e. a way that worked.

pettigrewsstylist
47 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

They had a good example of how to "play us" midweek and i suspect them to try and mimic it. We have to be better/crisper/more creative. Possesion on its own never won a game!

2-0 hearts.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Teams that are successful don’t chop and change constantly. Good example, Haring is actually a midfielder who can play in defence and how bad would we be without him in there? 

Teams that win every week usually don't get changed much because they are a winning team.  It's really quite simple but unfortunately its not an exclusive example of simplicity, as your comments have shown.

Good point, without Haring in the midfield we'd be worse.  We should strive to be like other teams who are better when their best players are missing.

We should even be playing Haring when he is injured just so that we don't have to edit the Holy Bible and rewrite the constitution.  Oh sorry, I mean change the team.

11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd have to ask why. You don't develop a style of play based on the cost of players, you develop a style of play based on the best way the players you do have available to you can play. We had a style of play which in the first few weeks of the season worked perfectly, irrespective of the opposition and how much they had paid for the players they have. We did have to adapt a little when players dropped out due to injury, but we are near enough back to having access to the full squad again, so logic makes me think we go back to playing how we did early in the season, i.e. a way that worked.

Because we simply cannot play the same game against Celtic as we can against Livingston. Celtic come to play football and win the game. Livingston are time wasting from before the first half has even ended and are masters in anti football. 

I’m not sure if anyone else has raised this point but the St Johnstone game brought us back to the beginning of the same 11 fixtures that we started the campaign with:

Hearts 2-1 St Johnstone 

Hearts 0-0 Livingston 

Kilmarnock 0-1 Hearts 

Hearts 2-0 St Johnstone 

Hearts 0-0 Livingston

Kilmarnock 1-2 Hearts 

Looks to me like we are replicating the start of season form, irrespective of what the emptiest vessels may cry.

If we are replicating the start of season form then today should be a comfortable 5-0 win, as per Cowdenbeath and ICT.

I'd totally go for it. 3 at the back (berra, souttar and would like to see dikamona get a run out). Mitchell and Morrison wide. Might be the game to get Mitchell's confidence back. Djoum and bozanic in the middle with naismith off vanacek and uche, if both fit to start. 

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Sarcasm is clearly lost on some

If that’s their effort at sarcasm they should quit while they’re ahead.

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Sarcasm is clearly lost on some

If that’s their effort at sarcasm they should quit while they’re ahead.

51 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

the problem with keeping the same playing style in the second or third round of games is the opponents have seen how we play so will adapt their tactics to counteract us. It is the same thing we will do to teams if they do well against us.

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'd totally go for it. 3 at the back (berra, souttar and would like to see dikamona get a run out). Mitchell and Morrison wide. Might be the game to get Mitchell's confidence back. Djoum and bozanic in the middle with naismith off vanacek and uche, if both fit to start. 

this was my team as well but with Uche and Naismith up top and Claire just behind. Bring on McLean for Claire and Van for Uche if/when he tires.

portobellojambo1
45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Because we simply cannot play the same game against Celtic as we can against Livingston. Celtic come to play football and win the game. Livingston are time wasting from before the first half has even ended and are masters in anti football. 

I’m not sure if anyone else has raised this point but the St Johnstone game brought us back to the beginning of the same 11 fixtures that we started the campaign with:

Hearts 2-1 St Johnstone 

Hearts 0-0 Livingston 

Kilmarnock 0-1 Hearts 

Hearts 2-0 St Johnstone 

Hearts 0-0 Livingston

Kilmarnock 1-2 Hearts 

Looks to me like we are replicating the start of season form, irrespective of what the emptiest vessels may cry.

If we are replicating the start of season form then today should be a comfortable 5-0 win, as per Cowdenbeath and ICT.

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the problem with keeping the same playing style in the second or third round of games is the opponents have seen how we play so will adapt their tactics to counteract us. It is the same thing we will do to teams if they do well against us.

In my own defence I left out an important sentence in my original post, which should have read that the only time we moved away from how we played well was in the league game against Livingston at Tynecastle, and did the same the other midweek. We did allow them to dictate how those two games were played unfortunately, and didn't learn anything from the original league game. It may sound simple but the only time I think we should even have to consider changing how we intend playing is against a side we feel are  better than us, yet even on those occasions there is a strong case for saying go at them and see what happens.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

My 1st wife will attest to that. 

I bought it for the first time in 6 years again. 40 year old 

Tbh, suits adult life as it's turn based and you don't actually have to be focused to play you can play a bit, do the dishes, Bath the bairn, speak to folk. Etc. 

Souttar sale has financed my league challenge. ?

Play a Naismith False 9

Uche              Vanacek

Naismith

Djoum Clare Bozanic

Garuccio Berra Souttar Smith

Doyle

Zlamal, Morrison, Godinho, Lee, Cochrane, Dikamona, Mulraney

Not fussed with the midfield 3 tbh

1 minute ago, Doomgoose said:

Play a Naismith False 9

Uche              Vanacek

Naismith

Djoum Clare Bozanic

Garuccio Berra Souttar Smith

Doyle

Zlamal, Morrison, Godinho, Lee, Cochrane, Dikamona, Mulraney

Not fussed with the midfield 3 tbh

Probably be tempted to swap Cochrane for Clare tbh. Reckon he should be a bit further forward 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts 2-1 St Johnstone 

Hearts 0-0 Livingston 

Kilmarnock 0-1 Hearts 

Hearts 2-0 St Johnstone 

Hearts 0-0 Livingston

Kilmarnock 1-2 Hearts 

Yip, and with Celtic, hibs and Aberdeen at home we can get 3rd.

For second, rangers would need to hit a bad patch of form and we'd Likley need to win at Ibrox, so can't see that tbh but anything like the form we showed in the first 8 games and we will be third. 

Hopefully any good form gets replicated in the cup, could be quite an interesting end to the season. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Teams that are successful don’t chop and change constantly. Good example, Haring is actually a midfielder who can play in defence and how bad would we be without him in there? 

We should play injured players? 

The previous Talbot game was my eldest sons first visit to Tynecastle.

We left 10 minutes early as he was freezing.

Missed the goal.

Can't be there today as doing my 1.1 early touches. Maybe that's a good thing.......

14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why on earth would that scenario not be popular??? ?

Mainly cos it seems people only want an annihilation, whereas I just want to get through in a comfortable fashion with no injuries or suspensions.

Edited by Eass237

3 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

Mainly cos it seems people only want an annihilation, whereas I just want to get through in a comfortable fashion with no injuries or suspensions.

I want a win and a pumping with no injuries.

4 minutes ago, Eass237 said:

Mainly cos it seems people only want Ann annihilation l, whereas I just want to get through in a comfortable fashion with no injuries or suspensions.

That would get the crowd going at least :lol:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So having the fourth biggest budget means you have to change a lot? Against the 8 teams who have a smaller budget and haven’t got as good a playing squad as us? Good teams impose their style of play on other teams, it worked at the beginning of the season so should we not go back to that if everyone is fit?

With no thought to the other team adapting to us and improving. 

There is no need to change things too much but changes due to:

Confidence 

Player form 

Other teams adapting to us. 

Are all needed. 

Very few teams can impose thier style every game, even in England Chelsea, man u and arsenal will adapt regularly. 

Your showing a staggering level of footballing ignorance. 

Our budget is biggerthan most and we have better players and team in general, but on a game to game basis our budget isn't big enough, for example like Celtics  to blow teams away all the time. 

Even celtic adapt playing us. 

No Hearts team in 50 +years has done this, but you expect us to do it now. 

Not quite sure you are being serious or just argueing for the sake of it tbh. 

Today we will impose our style of play and we'll win. Keep you happy?

We should go out to try and batter them with a full strength team, this isn’t a pre-season piss about and our current form isn’t exactly outstanding anyway. Uche/Vanacek/Clare etc could do with goals to boost their confidence. By all means sub off Naismith if the games won, but actually win it first.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, DVB said:

Hope it’s not 3-5-2 today. We were struggling to beat Cowdenbeath playing at the start of the season playing that formation.

Aye, almost preseason, entire new team. 

Same as now. 

I cannot think of one reason why anybody would be trying to justify a certain way we should be playing against this band of brickies, posties and joiners. If The Hearts cannot beat this shower with even their second side they should be F'n ashamed of themselves. The first step on the ladder is confidence ... that comes from the manager... if he is shitting it then we are in trouble! If on the other hand he has them told we will win no problem.

adambraejambo

Doyle 

Smith 

Souttar

Berra

Garrucio

Djoum

Morrison

Naismith

Cochrane 

Clare 

Vanacek

451 with Naismith Clare and Morrison given freedom to attack. 

The Apprentice
1 minute ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

Is the draw for the quarter finals straight after the game today? 

Think it’s Monday night after the Highland Derby.

Just now, To Be Frank said:

13.48 and no team posted!

Mad Lavignre oot! ?

Was thinking that myself. Just not good enough. 

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Was thinking that myself. Just not good enough. 

Ridiculous! I need at least 75 mins to select which player will be the target of my booing ?