***Official Hearts v Auchinleck Talbot Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Pasquale for King
Just now, frankblack said:

It doesn't always work that way - explain Leicester winning the EPL, Inverness, St Johnstone, Raith Rovers and Livingston winning major trophies up here.

Even this season, St Johnstone and Motherwell are sitting above the likes of Hibs.

Did I not say there are obvious exceptions? That’s what they are. Please don’t mention Hibs in any discussion as they are a complete joke in every aspect of being a football club.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• whodanny

• iantjambo

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You can only piss with the cock you have.  You can't magic players out of thin air you don't have outside the window.

Yes you can, there are literally thousands of players who are free to sign outside the window. Pinilla for instance was looking for a team, and signed for the Chilean equivalent of St Johnstone in December. 

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

It doesn't always work that way - explain Leicester winning the EPL, Inverness, St Johnstone, Raith Rovers and Livingston winning major trophies up here.

Even this season, St Johnstone and Motherwell are sitting above the likes of Hibs.

Aye, cause Leicester City are skint. ::facepaw::

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes you can, there are literally thousands of players who are free to sign outside the window. Pinilla for instance was looking for a team, and signed for the Chilean equivalent of St Johnstone in December. 

Yeah cos Pinilla worked out great for us last time.  Fit and in demand players don't stay unattached as long as that.

We already signed  Clare who was still recovering from a long term injury.  Look at the flak we are still getting about him on here.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah teams with the most money win ****all eh? Do Celtic use the luck of Irish to win the league? There are obvious exceptions but in the main the richest teams finish above those without their resources.

I expect top 4 and 2nd shouldn't have been beyond us but I wouldn't get too hung up on budgets.

Under VR our budget blew away everyone outside the bad guys but we rarely finished top 3 (3x I think). Aberdeen hovered above relegation for years despite having 3rd or 4th biggest budget and Utd went down with the 3rd or 4th budget. It really isn't that simple.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes those are good reasons to change, players not formations from week to week. Did I say we should be blowing teams away? I said we should impose our way of playing on other teams, especially the 8 who have lesser budgets. 

The best Hearts teams I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, have imposed their style on other teams. Good teams don’t chop and change, that’s what we should be aspiring to. The majority of our best performances this season have been when we play 442.

The only ignorance I see is the grammar and spelling in your posts.

Maybe I have dsylexia, increasing your levels of ignorance through the roof. Well done on That, tho. 

We do impose our style on most teams, sometimes with great effect, other times with less success. 

You seem to play football on a spreadsheet and from your comments it comes across as if you've never played football at any level as the intelligence and arragonce/ ignorance of your posts is beyond staggering (we have more money so we should impose our style and win-all the time type mentality ). 

The league table over the past 30 years would show that more often than not we are better than teams with a smaller budget, as it would if we end up 4th this year. So your point is, we'll pointless as we are better than most of these teams over a season and generally have been. 

If you think on a game by game basis the team with the bigger budget always wins and can do by playing the same ( as they have more money) and imposing it's style, then as I said, you are showing you know nothing about football. 

Using your logic, the league table and cups should be dished out by the balance sheet, why bother playing. 

You use the word aspiring, every team aspires to what you said, but then if every team wants that, then you work out what is Likley to happen. 

Clue- It's called  Competition. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Yes of course teams that win don’t change much. When you sign 20 players and have some fantastic youngsters you should be able to replace certain players and play the same way. Back to Leveins favoured 442 today and here’s hoping it stays that way.

Surely you think Levein should've kept 352 in order to maintain consistency?  When you say you don't want Levein to "chop and change" - do you actually mean you want him to play 442?

Bazzas right boot

Two entire sections of our team? Berra & Souttar and Uche & Naismith? 4 players? Best players no doubt, we still should’ve been able to adapt better to our strikers being out (defence did ok).

Dunne as well. 

Again, you show a staggering lack of football knowledge. 

As well as the playing side, we lost 3 captains. 

You know we also sold  Lafferty and had to wait for DV to come in as well as signing two young guys who had just came back from a long injury lay off. 

Cochrane, Dikamona, Brandon and Djoum were also out with Injuries at certain points. 

If you expect Hearts to have like for like quality in every position and Cover for all it's leaders and captains then your aspirations aren't really in line with reality. 

Did we not play Haring for two months when he was injured so we didn’t have to change the team??‍♂️?

The point you clearly missed was if we had persisted with him at CH the options for CM weren’t as good, hence we would’ve been worse off.

I did miss this point, yes.  Although in my defence it is quite a bizarre point.

I suppose if we'd persisted with Haring at CH then we wouldn't have signed the CHs we subsequently did, hence leaving room for an extra midfielder. 

I don't really know what the point of your point is though.  If we didn't have 2 young RBs then we'd have no cover at RB.  If we didn't have any youngsters then our squad would be more bare.  But we do have youngsters and we played Haring in midfield.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Yeah cos Pinilla worked out great for us last time.  Fit and in demand players don't stay unattached as long as that.

We already signed  Clare who was still recovering from a long term injury.  Look at the flak we are still getting about him on here.

He is as fit as a fiddle just now, it was at the end of their season I think. It was just an example of the kind of player who was available.

5595FDFF-F94B-49BA-B22B-E940469BA61C.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I expect top 4 and 2nd shouldn't have been beyond us but I wouldn't get too hung up on budgets.

Under VR our budget blew away everyone outside the bad guys but we rarely finished top 3 (3x I think). Aberdeen hovered above relegation for years despite having 3rd or 4th biggest budget and Utd went down with the 3rd or 4th budget. It really isn't that simple.

I didn’t say it was but it’s a great help and certain managers do well with little resources, Clarke and Wright to name two, but  not sure if they would do well with a team with higher expectations to attack teams.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Maybe I have dsylexia, increasing your levels of ignorance through the roof. Well done on That, tho. 

We do impose our style on most teams, sometimes with great effect, other times with less success. 

You seem to play football on a spreadsheet and from your comments it comes across as if you've never played football at any level as the intelligence and arragonce/ ignorance of your posts is beyond staggering (we have more money so we should impose our style and win-all the time type mentality ). 

The league table over the past 30 years would show that more often than not we are better than teams with a smaller budget, as it would if we end up 4th this year. So your point is, we'll pointless as we are better than most of these teams over a season and generally have been. 

If you think on a game by game basis the team with the bigger budget always wins and can do by playing the same ( as they have more money) and imposing it's style, then as I said, you are showing you know nothing about football. 

Using your logic, the league table and cups should be dished out by the balance sheet, why bother playing. 

You use the word aspiring, every team aspires to what you said, but then if every team wants that, then you work out what is Likley to happen. 

Clue- It's called  Competition. 

If you are dyslexic then I apologise, your not though you just can’t spell . 

I did play to a decent level as a young man then got into American football and then golf. I could've been a professional but didn’t practice enough and then found wine women and song.

What that has to do with what we’re talking about is one thing that annoys me, you haven’t been a pro so you can’t know. Football is the only sport that folk say this about. Some of the thickest people you are likely to meet play the game and then manage and win trophies, it’s not some sort of mystical higher being type profession. So we usually finish above the teams with less money but we don’t impose our style of play on them, and you call me ignorant/arrogant and not intelligent? How did we go that then, by changing formations and tactics all the time? As someone who lives and breathes football and Hearts in general, since my first game in 1972 and I can assure the best teams we’ve had don’t change much and use the same tactics and formations. I sit beside an UEFA A licence coach who also educated me on all aspects of the game.

If you want to accept average players and management in a contintinuation of what you think happened in the past that’s up to you but I will always want us to dominate Scottish football no matter how unlikely that is to happen. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, WageThief said:

Surely you think Levein should've kept 352 in order to maintain consistency?  When you say you don't want Levein to "chop and change" - do you actually mean you want him to play 442?

Well our best results have been with 442 so yes when we have our best players available that’s surely the formation we should play? When we were struggling up front the only reason to go to 532 would be to make sure we didn’t lose goals and get a draw at least, it’s a defensive formation in reality and is trumped by a 433/442 in an equal contest as there’s an overload on the wings (something all coaches look for).

Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did play to a decent level as a young man then got into American football and then golf. I could've been a professional but didn’t practice enough and then found wine women and song.

What that has to do with what we’re talking about is one thing that annoys me, you haven’t been a pro so you can’t know. Football is the only sport that folk say this about. Some of the thickest people you are likely to meet play the game and then manage and win trophies, it’s not some sort of mystical higher being type profession. So we usually finish above the teams with less money but we don’t impose our style of play on them, and you call me ignorant/arrogant and not intelligent? How did we go that then, by changing formations and tactics all the time? As someone who lives and breathes football and Hearts in general, since my first game in 1972 and I can assure the best teams we’ve had don’t change much and use the same tactics and formations.

If you want to accept average players and management in a contintinuation of what you think happened in the past that’s up to you but I will always want us to dominate Scottish football no matter how unlikely that is to happen. 

Again your ignorance of football is baffling, especially if you did actually play the game. 

The game has changed since 1972.

Over a season we generally finish above the 8 teams you refer too, but this isn't just done just by imposing ourselves and not changing, it is for a variety of reasons and sometimes we win because we have changed and adapted. 

Accepting average? No one is wanting or accepting that. 

However, some of us also understand the need for balance and realism to temper our lofty dreams and ambitions.

You have great ambitions for the club, but having digs about spelling and saying others fans are accepting of average is about as passive aggressive as one can be over the Internet. 

I find that very strange. 

You carry on questioning and being angry about what CL is doing, I'll happily go along as long as there is improvement and maybe one day we'll dominate European football, never mind just Scotland. ?

But if we don't, I won't use it against the manager. 

I won't continue this as you seem to enjoy the argueing and you definitely have enough posters to do that with! 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dunne as well. 

Again, you show a staggering lack of football knowledge. 

As well as the playing side, we lost 3 captains. 

You know we also sold  Lafferty and had to wait for DV to come in as well as signing two young guys who had just came back from a long injury lay off. 

Cochrane, Dikamona, Brandon and Djoum were also out with Injuries at certain points. 

If you expect Hearts to have like for like quality in every position and Cover for all it's leaders and captains then your aspirations aren't really in line with reality. 

Did I say that? If we want to play in a certain way then another big striker should’ve come in on loan. Levein himself said the plan was always for KL to leave last summer and the bid for him was received in July, plenty of time.

Dunne was injured just as Berra came back so I didn’t mention him. In hindsight, or 40 years experience ( I signed 19 players because of injuries and suspensions) , maybe we didn’t need to rush into signing Wighton as there wasn’t a stampede and maybe should’ve went for Shankland or Dobbie (than Maclean.

If my alleged ignorance hurts you so much then pop me into ignore, because that’s what I’m going to do with you shortly. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, WageThief said:

I did miss this point, yes.  Although in my defence it is quite a bizarre point.

I suppose if we'd persisted with Haring at CH then we wouldn't have signed the CHs we subsequently did, hence leaving room for an extra midfielder. 

I don't really know what the point of your point is though.  If we didn't have 2 young RBs then we'd have no cover at RB.  If we didn't have any youngsters then our squad would be more bare.  But we do have youngsters and we played Haring in midfield.

Not sure if bizarre is the word I would use but if I remember correctly the point is good teams, all of ours in my time supporting Hearts, have played in a certain way with same formation and tactics. That goes for most good teams and with two players for each position who are similar in style but obvious not quality, so when Haring/Uche/Naismith are injured we don’t have another guy capable of doing the same type of job.

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What that has to do with what we’re talking about is one thing that annoys me, you haven’t been a pro so you can’t know. Football is the only sport that folk say this about. Some of the thickest people you are likely to meet play the game and then manage and win trophies, it’s not some sort of mystical higher being type profession. So we usually finish above the teams with less money but we don’t impose our style of play on them, and you call me ignorant/arrogant and not intelligent? How did we go that then, by changing formations and tactics all the time? As someone who lives and breathes football and Hearts in general, since my first game in 1972 and I can assure the best teams we’ve had don’t change much and use the same tactics and formations. I sit beside an UEFA A licence coach who also educated me on all aspects of the game.

Belter :lol: 

Post is full of grammatical errors, yet you mention another poster being unable to spell. 

The spelling of 'contintinuation' is brilliant. However, if you are dyslexic or illiterate, I apologise.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Post is full of grammatical errors, yet you mention another poster being unable to spell. 

The spelling of 'contintinuation' is brilliant. However, if you are dyslexic or illiterate, I apologise.

Nah just got big fingers and an old phone. Glad you spotted it though, trying to get through 8 notifications quickly doesn’t help. You missed a full stop after belter ?.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Again your ignorance of football is baffling, especially if you did actually play the game. 

The game has changed since 1972.

Over a season we generally finish above the 8 teams you refer too, but this isn't just done just by imposing ourselves and not changing, it is for a variety of reasons and sometimes we win because we have changed and adapted. 

Accepting average? No one is wanting or accepting that. 

However, some of us also understand the need for balance and realism to temper our lofty dreams and ambitions.

You have great ambitions for the club, but having digs about spelling and saying others fans are accepting of average is about as passive aggressive as one can be over the Internet. 

I find that very strange. 

You carry on questioning and being angry about what CL is doing, I'll happily go along as long as there is improvement and maybe one day we'll dominate European football, never mind just Scotland. ?

But if we don't, I won't use it against the manager. 

I won't continue this as you seem to enjoy the argueing and you definitely have enough posters to do that with! 

Yeah I don’t like being called arrogant, ignorant or any of the other things you have called me. 

Yes the game has moved on clearly as have i, our good teams have changed mid season but not back and forth. They stuck with what worked when they found a successful way of playing.

As for ARGUING with folk you post a hell of a lot more than I do.

It's very hard to play with same formation with Uche and without Uche as no one else makes the same space for other players.

Do people think Maclean should have taken that role? 

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I don’t like being called arrogant, ignorant or any of the other things you have called me. 

Yes the game has moved on clearly as have i, our good teams have changed mid season but not back and forth. They stuck with what worked when they found a successful way of playing.

As for ARGUING with folk you post a hell of a lot more than I do.

I said you were being ignorant / arrogant in your view of football. 

Your view of-

We have a bigger budget, we should impose ourselves, if we do that we will win and win if we don't we are a failure. 

I summarise ofc. 

I still think your are being those things in this matter.

Now that I know you have played football, I Think you are just being argumentative as football is far more complicated than that, and if you know that as you played it, then we're are back to my original view. 

If you think that football is determined by a balance sheet and the better team can always impose itself without changing and win every game v a team with a poorer balance sheet then simply put- I think you are wrong. 

I don't think you think this way, so you are either showing remarkable ignorance / arrogance just so you can continue have a go at CL or being a bit daft. 

I'm now unsure of the original point, however, 

I am for a stable side if it is winning. 

Injuries / form of players will change this. 

Other teams may adapt, so again we'd be silly not to have different options. 

So all in all, a winning side should not be changed too much, however once that changes then having different options is what a good team will have in it's locker. 

Unless you have the very best players, playing the same way will become predictable. It is therefore prudent to have different options or ultimately as you become predictable other teams will play better against you and if you cannot change things even a team with a smaller budget will beat you regularly. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's very hard to play with same formation with Uche and without Uche as no one else makes the same space for other players.

Do people think Maclean should have taken that role? 

Aye, 

Nae Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Uche along with Dunne, Brandon, Godinho being in/out but we should have played the same way and beaten everyone with a lower budget. 

(also assume Aberdeen / celtic  home wins and Hibs away wins were a Suprise given this logic) 

That is how football works, apparently. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I said you were being gnorant / arrogant in your view of football. 

Your view of-

We have a bigger budget, we should impose ourselves, if we do that we will win and win f we don't we are a failure. 

I summarise ofc. 

I still think your are being those things in this matter.

Now that I know you have played football, I Think you are just being argumentative as football is far more complicated than that, and if you know that as you played it, then we're are back to my original view. 

If you think that football is determined by a balance sheet and the better team can always impose itself without changing and win every game v a team with a poorer balance sheet then simply put- I think you are wrong. 

I don't think you think this way, so you are either showing remarkable ignorance / arrogance just so you can continue have a go at CL or being a bit daft. 

I'm now unsure of the original point, however, 

I am for a stable side if it is winning. 

Injuries / form of players will change this. 

Other teams may adapt, so again we'd be silly not to have different options. 

So all in all, a winning side should not be changed too much, however once that changes then having different options is what a good team will have in it's locker. 

Unless you have the very best players, playing the same way will become predictable. It is therefore prudent to have different options or ultimately as you become predictable other teams will play better against you and if you cannot change things even a team with a smaller budget will beat you regularly. 

In am earlier post I asked if for example Man City change their way of playing, now and then 5 at the back, but in the main they stay the same and are utterly predictable but usually unstoppable. Celtic play the same way and teams including us have shown they way to beat them by pressing them high up the pitch. They are losing more points as teams adapt but will still win the league and maybe another treble.

The teams with the most money in every league usually impose their tactics on their rivals. I do get that we are not at that level but the best teams we’ve had over the years have done this.  players has changed this especially when we don’t have replacements. So if CL wants to play the way he does, which works well, then we need a player who can do something similar to what Uche does. Uche has had 5 major operations in as many years and his physicality means he will suffer harder challenges than others.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In am earlier post I asked if for example Man City change their way of playing, now and then 5 at the back, but in the main they stay the same and are utterly predictable but usually unstoppable. Celtic play the same way and teams including us have shown they way to beat them by pressing them high up the pitch. They are losing more points as teams adapt but will still win the league and maybe another treble.

The teams with the most money in every league usually impose their tactics on their rivals. I do get that we are not at that level but the best teams we’ve had over the years have done this.  players has changed this especially when we don’t have replacements. So if CL wants to play the way he does, which works well, then we need a player who can do something similar to what Uche does. Uche has had 5 major operations in as many years and his physicality means he will suffer harder challenges than others.

But we do generally impose ourselves on most teams, particularly at home. 

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Basically like 99% of all teams. 

Unless you are the best team-the very best you will have problems playing the same way all the time. 

Having a bigger budget does not mean you win every game v a team with a lower budget. 

The league table will sort that out, and we have a good shout for third. 

So all OK on that front atm. 

Uche is a different point all together and if injuries continue then we might have to review our preffered style. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

New combination for reserves today

Vanetek, Keena and Wighton 

Opshunns. 

Be interested to know how it works and if DV is any sharper. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

But we do generally impose ourselves on most teams, particularly at home. 

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Basically like 99% of all teams. 

Unless you are the best team-the very best you will have problems playing the same way all the time. 

Having a bigger budget does not mean you win every game v a team with a lower budget. 

The league table will sort that out, and we have a good shout for third. 

So all OK on that front atm. 

Uche is a different point all together and if injuries continue then we might have to review our preffered style. 

We tried to alter it and it was ok whilst Naismith was fit but CL struggled (his words) to find a solution when both were out because of our limited options. Vanacek is different to Uche but can hold the ball up too so we should be ok.