• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• whodanny

• iantjambo

Job done - Uche got a good run out and Keena got a goal which is good to see. Onto Motherwell who I didn't realise had won their last 5 in the league.. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Solid enough score in the end. Good to see non regular goal scorers on the score sheet too, Keena especially. 

Tenaciousdandy

perfect draw would be hearts vs one of the championship teams  at tynie, the rangers/killie to go draw aberdeen and celtic to get hibs, wont happen tho as the rangers or celtic will probably get easy home draws 

south morocco
1 minute ago, steven.dandy79 said:

perfect draw would be hearts vs one of the championship teams  at tynie, the rangers/killie to go draw aberdeen and celtic to get hibs, wont happen tho as the rangers or celtic will probably get easy home draws 

True, its a lot to do with the luck of the draw now. Hoping to get Utd at Partick at home.

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

And the official attendance was.....

Drum roll

Around 6,000 more than Hibs.

...but, but, they've got a bigger support than us!  How can this have happened?  The figures must be wrong!

The Goalscoring Knee
16 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Hearts v any of the rest

This. Want the easiest possible run to the final. Partick at home in the QF and then the winners of a Dundee Utd v Ross Co/ICT match-up in the semi.

He said, getting ahead of himself?

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

He said an early guess would be 8 to 12 weeks.

Waiting for scan results, but I don't think we'll see him again this term.

chester copperpot

As good as Smith has been I am fairly comfortable with either Shaugnessy or Dikamona coming in for him. We are well covered there the now.

Feel sorry for him tho 

Gutting to hear that about Smith, think he's been a solid right back and an even better sweeper, we're going to need one of Dikamona, Shaughnessy, Godhino or Brandon to really step up to make up for this 

Just now, chester copperpot said:

As good as Smith has been I am fairly comfortable with either Shaugnessy or Dikamona coming in for him. We are well covered there the now.

Feel sorry for him tho 

He's been pretty much our most consistant player this season, very reliable. But yes, I would be happy to see Clevid espacially step up. I've not really seen enough of Shaughnessy to be sure. Won't miss MS's long throws though ?

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

...but, but, they've got a bigger support than us!  How can this have happened?  The figures must be wrong!

Optikul illushion 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

No doubt there'll be some little dweeb along soon enough, to put the blame squarely at Hearts' fitness & training methodology. And for over-estimating his possible time out.

I saw the physio give him a kick in the knee as she ran up to him..............true story.

Comfortable day at the office. Well played Djoum and Mitchell who were both excellent.

Gutting news about Smith. He's been decent past few weeks aswell.

19 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Gutting to hear that about Smith, think he's been a solid right back and an even better sweeper, we're going to need one of Dikamona, Shaughnessy, Godhino or Brandon to really step up to make up for this 

Which is why we have a such a strong squad.....

We could do well if Uche and Vanetek get on form. Fair enough the opposition but created some amount of chances.

Should probably have been about 12-3 today. 

Just seen the highlights on Sportscene.

Great ball in by Mitchell for MacLean's goal, he just had to prod his foot towards goal (of the sort that Sammon would miss).

I think the 'who's gonna take it' routine worked on Talbot. A really well hit free kick by Lee for Berra to get his head on.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Barack said:

No doubt there'll be some little dweeb along soon enough, to put the blame squarely at Hearts' fitness & training methodology. And for over-estimating his possible time out.

I was thinking the same

Job done 1st half, thought we were a bit trudgid 2nd half and TBF the manager kinda said that . Still well done and roll on the next round.

Edited by micole

On 09/02/2019 at 19:54, Pilmuir said:

I think its been covered on another thread but I had the same experience, no tickets arrived so I emailed the ticket office - because I had booked my season ticket seat it had been put on my season card.

Got in with our season tickets no problem so this is what they must be doing. Good to know - happy to donate the extra 60p postage that they took given today’s result. Hopefully get another home draw tomorrow to test the system again and will know better next time.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Barack said:

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I saw the physio give him a kick in the knee as she ran up to him..............true story.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

???

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I was thinking the same

Sometimes it would be nice if we could borrow the :wiggo: from over the road.

:muggy:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Aaron's vlog from today's match. 

Thanks to @Sir Gio for passing on his hospitality win, much appreciated

No worries. Hope you had a great day and that whip round  was successful :)

Great to get a bit of access for Aaron.

Just home myself via Aberdeen Airport. Hampden here we come......with a bit of luck. 

In truth could have left at half-time 

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't mind abuse from you, mate.

Being one of the generally good guys, I don't think you've ever had any. :(

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, WageThief said:

Teams that win every week usually don't get changed much because they are a winning team.  It's really quite simple but unfortunately its not an exclusive example of simplicity, as your comments have shown.

Good point, without Haring in the midfield we'd be worse.  We should strive to be like other teams who are better when their best players are missing.

We should even be playing Haring when he is injured just so that we don't have to edit the Holy Bible and rewrite the constitution.  Oh sorry, I mean change the team.

Yes of course teams that win don’t change much. When you sign 20 players and have some fantastic youngsters you should be able to replace certain players and play the same way. Back to Leveins favoured 442 today and here’s hoping it stays that way.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We should play injured players? 

Not sure where it says we should do that? My point was if we had persisted with Haring at CH we would’ve struggled without him in midfield.

Did we not play him for two months when he was injured?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, WageThief said:

Teams that win every week usually don't get changed much because they are a winning team.  It's really quite simple but unfortunately its not an exclusive example of simplicity, as your comments have shown.

Good point, without Haring in the midfield we'd be worse.  We should strive to be like other teams who are better when their best players are missing.

We should even be playing Haring when he is injured just so that we don't have to edit the Holy Bible and rewrite the constitution.  Oh sorry, I mean change the team.

Did we not play Haring for two months when he was injured so we didn’t have to change the team??‍♂️?

The point you clearly missed was if we had persisted with him at CH the options for CM weren’t as good, hence we would’ve been worse off.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes of course teams that win don’t change much. When you sign 20 players and have some fantastic youngsters you should be able to replace certain players and play the same way. Back to Leveins favoured 442 today and here’s hoping it stays that way.

The 20 players you say we signed were not all first team players.  Some were development players and others longer term projects because we can't afford quality proven players.

In any case your point about 20 players covering all postions with backup quality is bollocks when two entire sections of your team get wiped out at the same time in attack and defence.  We can't afford two top team players for every position and wouldn't keep those that didn't play happy.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

With no thought to the other team adapting to us and improving. 

There is no need to change things too much but changes due to:

Confidence 

Player form 

Other teams adapting to us. 

Are all needed. 

Very few teams can impose thier style every game, even in England Chelsea, man u and arsenal will adapt regularly. 

Your showing a staggering level of footballing ignorance. 

Our budget is biggerthan most and we have better players and team in general, but on a game to game basis our budget isn't big enough, for example like Celtics  to blow teams away all the time. 

Even celtic adapt playing us. 

No Hearts team in 50 +years has done this, but you expect us to do it now. 

Not quite sure you are being serious or just argueing for the sake of it tbh. 

Today we will impose our style of play and we'll win. Keep you happy?

Yes those are good reasons to change, players not formations from week to week. Did I say we should be blowing teams away? I said we should impose our way of playing on other teams, especially the 8 who have lesser budgets. 

The best Hearts teams I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, have imposed their style on other teams. Good teams don’t chop and change, that’s what we should be aspiring to. The majority of our best performances this season have been when we play 442.

The only ignorance I see is the grammar and spelling in your posts.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes those are good reasons to change, players not formations from week to week. Did I say we should be blowing teams away? I said we should impose our way of playing on other teams, esiecualjy the 8 who have lesser budgets. 

The best Hearts teams I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, have imposed their style on other teams. Good teams don’t chop and change, that’s what we should be aspiring to. The majority of our best performances this season have been when we play 442.

The only ignorance I see is the grammar and spelling in your posts.

Budgets do not have a direct correlation to league positions.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The 20 players you say we signed were not all first team players.  Some were development players and others longer term projects because we can't afford quality proven players.

In any case your point about 20 players covering all postions with backup quality is bollocks when two entire sections of your team get wiped out at the same time in attack and defence.  We can't afford two top team players for every position and wouldn't keep those that didn't play happy.

Two entire sections of our team? Berra & Souttar and Uche & Naismith? 4 players? Best players no doubt, we still should’ve been able to adapt better to our strikers being out (defence did ok).

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Budgets do not have a direct correlation to league positions.

Yeah teams with the most money win ****all eh? Do Celtic use the luck of Irish to win the league? There are obvious exceptions but in the main the richest teams finish above those without their resources.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah teams with the most money win ****all eh? Do Celtic use the luck of Irish to win the league? There are obvious exceptions but in the main the richest teams finish above those without their resources.

It doesn't always work that way - explain Leicester winning the EPL, Inverness, St Johnstone, Raith Rovers and Livingston winning major trophies up here.

Even this season, St Johnstone and Motherwell are sitting above the likes of Hibs.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Two entire sections of our team? Berra & Souttar and Uche & Naismith? 4 players? Best players no doubt, we still should’ve been able to adapt better to our strikers being out (defence did ok).

You can only piss with the cock you have.  You can't magic players out of thin air you don't have outside the window.