• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• whodanny

• iantjambo

we really should have a system that the players are familiar with by now, chopping and changing and over thinking our opposition is a pain in the arse, we should know our system by now and how to tweak it when needed. all this changing shape will never give us a style to build on. Harry in for Lee, Uche in for Clare from last week

9 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

we really should have a system that the players are familiar with by now, chopping and changing and over thinking our opposition is a pain in the arse, we should know our system by now and how to tweak it when needed. all this changing shape will never give us a style to build on. Harry in for Lee, Uche in for Clare from last week

Totally agree, if everyone knew their jobs and understand what their teammates were doing we could play with more freedom. Chopping and changing systems and players can't be easy for anyone

Nelly Terraces

Surely by now Craig has to admit his style of football gets you nowhere, and especially agains this mb a more dynamic attacking approach is required.

If so, 3-0 us.  If not - who knows!

john brownlee

They will kick, shove, use every trick in the book without even a boo from the officials, more than likely get a pen as well.

its been the story so far this season. The GFA see us as the only threat to the old firm, so they act accordingly.

seen it all before nothing changes. However I do love when they don't get their way in Europe and their followers start greeting. As they say there's sometimes a light at the end of the tunnel.

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

Against Hibs, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, the tactics were spot on, including CL changing the system v St J when Wright changed his.

There ain't half a lot of scheidtt talked on here by the tactical geniuses.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Against Hibs, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, the tactics were spot on, including CL changing the system v St J when Wright changed his.

There ain't half a lot of scheidtt talked on here by the tactical geniuses.

Three games? Were they spot on v Livi at home twice and once away, St Midden away or Dundee at home? Tactically I would say it’s maybe 60-40 on the season so far. Good teams don’t chop n change formations as much as we do.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, Eass237 said:

Maybe this won’t be popular but, I’d be more than happy with 3-0, then Partick or Dundee Utd at home in the quarters.

Why on earth would that scenario not be popular??? ?

William H. Bonney
26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why am I nervous about tomorrow? ?

Because you support heart of Midlothian. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Three games? Were they spot on v Livi at home twice and once away, St Midden away or Dundee at home? Tactically I would say it’s maybe 60-40 on the season so far. Good teams don’t chop n change formations as much as we do.

I think you'll find there are some very good teams who adapt on a regular basis.  But obviously, doesn't suit the agenda to admit that.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I think you'll find there are some very good teams who adapt on a regular basis.  But obviously, doesn't suit the agenda to admit that.

Name them, what teams change formations as much as we do? How many teams go from 4 to a back three and then back as often as we do? I have an agenda, and you don’t?

36 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why am I nervous about tomorrow? ?

Because there is no upside to this game for us tomorrow...

Win big...no one cares...

Win narrow...everyone panics and confidence is lost...

Lose and the club, manager and team go down as the biggest upset in Scottish Cup history...

It’s a match to get in, get out and hope that zero damage is done and no one cares...

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Name them, what teams change formations as much as we do? How many teams go from 4 to a back three and then back as often as we do? I have an agenda, and you don’t?

Yea!  My agenda is not looking for every opportunity to have a go at Levein.

As far as other teams changing formation, is it restricted to back 4 or 3, or does it include other areas of the team?

Are you including the top European teams in your sweeping statement that Hearts change their formation more than ANY other team?

If you think that's true, no point in continuing this conversation. 

Blackpool tae Gorgie

The only thing that matters is Hearts.Tell you what we will hammer them And if we don't we will still be Hearts.It will be a slaughter. 

1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Because there is no upside to this game for us tomorrow...

Win big...no one cares...

Win narrow...everyone panics and confidence is lost...

Lose and the club, manager and team go down as the biggest upset in Scottish Cup history...

It’s a match to get in, get out and hope that zero damage is done and no one cares...

It’s a match to be professional in. 

4 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

I think its been covered on another thread but I had the same experience, no tickets arrived so I emailed the ticket office - because I had booked my season ticket seat it had been put on my season card.

Thanks very much for that - shall try and get in with my season ticket then.

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Get Shanecek a couple of goals, if he can't cut it against the juniors then get him on a Ryanair back to Prague.

Shan patter from you.

The boy has been here no time at all and you are giving him stick already. Try actually supporting your team for a change.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Yea!  My agenda is not looking for every opportunity to have a go at Levein.

As far as other teams changing formation, is it restricted to back 4 or 3, or does it include other areas of the team?

Are you including the top European teams in your sweeping statement that Hearts change their formation more than ANY other team?

If you think that's true, no point in continuing this conversation. 

Formations usually means the whole team yes. Once again NAME them, you can’t. Only Peps Bayern Munich changed formation on a constant basis.

Do Liverpool/Man City/Barcelona/PSG/Juve/Dortmund change from week to week or do they play a constant formation that lends itself to consistent performances? Do we look like we know what we want to do?

Good attempt at getting out of making a complete tit of yourself again by saying there’s no point continuing this conversation, bravo ?? .

9595C2F8-BF55-4D99-AA12-F404BFF1CE31.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

The jugular is there for the taking, granted we have no devine right to win but on paper I'd like to think we'll be able to score 4+ without reply, we were very lucky back in 2012 with the 'offside' goal but surely we'll have at least 3 plans to revert too with Plan A being right in their faces from the offset. 

Head says 5/6 -0 

Heart says 2-0

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Shan patter from you.

The boy has been here no time at all and you are giving him stick already. Try actually supporting your team for a change.

It’s only to be expected when he’s been absolutely slated by the manager, it’s open season on the guy.

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s a match to be professional in. 

Exactly,we will be in the game for 90 mins.Talbot will not tire.See yous all latter.

Pasquale for King

Doyle

Godhino Souttar Berra Mitchell 

Morrison Djoum Bozanic Mulraney    

Vanacek Naismith 

Attack and create chances, score goals then take Naisy off.

What if St J or QoS made the headlines tomorrow?  Unlikely but by no means impossible.  What if they both did,?

The press conferences from the defeated coaches would be marvelous.

7 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Get Shanecek a couple of goals, if he can't cut it against the juniors then get him on a Ryanair back to Prague.

Shanecek? 

Pish patter slating your own player to that extent.  It’s one thing to criticise or be cynical, it’s another to get a kick out of it.

chester copperpot

Vanecek to get some valuable game time please.

Him and Uche up front with Naisy just behind them.

The rest, meh. Should have enough to beat this mob fairly comfortably.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Shanecek? 

Pish patter slating your own player to that extent.  It’s one thing to criticise or be cynical, it’s another to get a kick out of it.

Hes a Hibs troll mate, he hides in plain sight

12 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

12 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Totally agree, if everyone knew their jobs and understand what their teammates were doing we could play with more freedom. Chopping and changing systems and players can't be easy for anyone

Yet other teams in our league chop and change just as much as we do. Both Aberdeen and Hibs have fluctuated between back three and back four recently. Celtic often switch to a back three. Rangers chop and change from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 all the time ??‍♂️

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Formations usually means the whole team yes. Once again NAME them, you can’t. Only Peps Bayern Munich changed formation on a constant basis.

Do Liverpool/Man City/Barcelona/PSG/Juve/Dortmund change from week to week or do they play a constant formation that lends itself to consistent performances? Do we look like we know what we want to do?

Good attempt at getting out of making a complete tit of yourself again by saying there’s no point continuing this conversation, bravo ?? .

Levein should just pick a side and stick with it.  Then we'll be as good as Liverpool.  Klopp hasn't really built a team at Liverpool, he's just got a bunch of guys getting more used to their roles week in/week out.  The worst thing Klopp could do now is change formation, you'd see Allison flapping like Karius and Salah scoring fewer than Danny Ings.

I'd personally have preferred us to play 4 at the back against Livi but as that would've instigated a formation change from the previous game and I wouldn't want to set our 5 year plan back 4.9 years by changing formation.

It is testament to how great Peter Haring is that he was able to step out of a three man defence to play in defensive midfield earlier in the season.  Lesser players would've struggled with such a great change.  In fact, modern teams like Dortmund don't drop a midfielder back into defence if a defender is sent off just because of the potential psychological damage it can cause the midfielder.

Mid-game formation changes are actually pretty dangerous.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Shanecek? 

Sarcasm is clearly lost on some

Unlike the hibby at the top of the page I'd also be fine with a 2 or 3 nil, they will set out to stifle us and we may find it hard to break down (see ****ing livingston all season :()

However, I am still going for the old 5-1 just for a laugh and anyone at home in the quarter final is fine for me, however we willdraw hibs so it's all good :)

As an aside, if celtic do win today they will draw ttfkar at ibroke.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That is a staggering lack of insight into the modern game. Manchester City or a Barcelona can play the same formation every week because they have the best players in that league, arguably the best players in the world, and subsequently can blow teams off the park with the same formation week after week. When you have the 4th biggest budget in a very competitive league you will naturally need to adapt to different circumstances. To compare the situation of Levein at Hearts to Pep Guardiola at City and then accuse another poster of being in danger of making a tit of themselves seems quite short sighted.

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s only to be expected when he’s been absolutely slated by the manager, it’s open season on the guy.

No it's not. It was a calculated action and the boy responded the way Craig wanted him to. Both parties should be credited.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Levein should just pick a side and stick with it.  Then we'll be as good as Liverpool.  Klopp hasn't really built a team at Liverpool, he's just got a bunch of guys getting more used to their roles week in/week out.  The worst thing Klopp could do now is change formation, you'd see Allison flapping like Karius and Salah scoring fewer than Danny Ings.

I'd personally have preferred us to play 4 at the back against Livi but as that would've instigated a formation change from the previous game and I wouldn't want to set our 5 year plan back 4.9 years by changing formation.

It is testament to how great Peter Haring is that he was able to step out of a three man defence to play in defensive midfield earlier in the season.  Lesser players would've struggled with such a great change.  In fact, modern teams like Dortmund don't drop a midfielder back into defence if a defender is sent off just because of the potential psychological damage it can cause the midfielder.

Mid-game formation changes are actually pretty dangerous.

Teams that are successful don’t chop and change constantly. Good example, Haring is actually a midfielder who can play in defence and how bad would we be without him in there? 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That is a staggering lack of insight into the modern game. Manchester City or a Barcelona can play the same formation every week because they have the best players in that league, arguably the best players in the world, and subsequently can blow teams off the park with the same formation week after week. When you have the 4th biggest budget in a very competitive league you will naturally need to adapt to different circumstances. To compare the situation of Levein at Hearts to Pep Guardiola at City and then accuse another poster of being in danger of making a tit of themselves seems quite short sighted.

So having the fourth biggest budget means you have to change a lot? Against the 8 teams who have a smaller budget and haven’t got as good a playing squad as us? Good teams impose their style of play on other teams, it worked at the beginning of the season so should we not go back to that if everyone is fit?

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No it's not. It was a calculated action and the boy responded the way Craig wanted him to. Both parties should be credited.

So if he’s playing crap and he’s booed will it not get a reaction? 

14 hours ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

3-5-2 , no mercy! 

Doyle 

Smith

Soutter 

Berra

Djoum

Lee

Bozanic

Clare 

Naismith

Vanecek

Uche

6-0 ?

I’d swap Clare for Morrison or Mulraney purely for pace. Aside from that, I think that’s the team. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So having the fourth biggest budget means you have to change a lot? Against the 8 teams who have a smaller budget and haven’t got as good a playing squad as us? Good teams impose their style of play on other teams, it worked at the beginning of the season so should we not go back to that if everyone is fit?

The fundamentals of football never change.  

Ask any player anywhere and their opinion will be that playing week to week is the only answer to finding consistency on a personal level and in turn it helps the team.

Of course players have got to deserve to play and there’s other factors that come into play, but we don’t seem to let players play through a couple of indifferent games to see if they can regain form. 

Garrucio being a good example.

How are we going learn about a players mentality in different scenarios if we keep pulling them out the team?