***Official Hearts v Auchinleck Talbot Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I hope your right.  I feel this is exactly the type of match where CL should be ditching his negative approach and really going for it.  We can then use this inevitable hammering Talbot will be getting as a springboard to kick on and become a more attack minded side till the end of the season.

Dont these these games are won by trying to play pretty passing possession football and it’s usually set pieces that undo these smaller teams. 

Ball in the box as much as possible and win possession back ASAP to start a new attack. 

Leave it for them to chase the game later on and then we can start passing it nicely. 

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• whodanny

• iantjambo

10 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Couple of Auchinleck fans turning up early to see the big city, they get off the train at Waverley, stand and look upwards and exclaim, 'jeezo, Edinburgh's some place, look, it's goat a gless roof ower it'.

this joke is a weak variant of an old and much better one about a man from Kilwinning going to Glasgow Central

Captain Bubblebeard

Id go:

Doyle

Smith

Mitchell

Berra

Souttar

Bozanic

Cochrane

Djoum

Clare

Naismith

Uche

If going well and they are available/fit I’d look to get Vanecek and Brandon (not sure what the script is with him?) on and maybe get some more game time for Keena.

According to the Daily Record interview with Auchinleck's Gordon Pope he says Paulo Sergio was sacked a few weeks after the Auchinleck cup tie in 2012 :pleasingao:

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

According to the Daily Record interview with Auchinleck's Gordon Pope he says Paulo Sergio was sacked a few weeks after the Auchinleck cup tie in 2012 :pleasingao:

The lack of mining facilities in Auchinleck have really caused the levels of drunken stupidity to rise.

Smash this lot like Thatcher did!

3 minutes ago, happy said:

You sir are sad twat if you think you are not upsetting Hearts fans with stupid comments.

Upsetting each other is what kickback is all about these days!

Slightly off topic but does anyone know what happens if you buy your season ticket seat for this match ? Bought them a while ago but no tickets have come in the post despite being charged for postage. 

Had a few times for cup matches where the season ticket gets refused at the turnstiles and then you have to go and queue at the ticket office to get a ticket to get in which is really annoying. Why can’t they just add it to your season ticket ? And why charge postage then not post ?

8 minutes ago, El Diez said:

The Thatcher comment above.

It was fairly crass, tbf.

Oh I see now sorry.

She was indeed a heartless bitch.  Plenty of towns like Auchinleck suffered at her hands.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Horrible town full of arseholes. If you see a dog with a tail there, it'll be a visitor.

Hope we smash at least 10 past them.

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Horrible town full of arseholes. If you see a dog with a tail there, it'll be a visitor.

Hope we smash at least 10 past them.

?

Ricardo Shillyshally
14 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

I imagine all these quotes about the big scores will adorn the away dressing room come Sunday. Tucker Sloan won't need the team talk.

That's assuming any of the team can read.

Last time I was there, the locals were out in the street pointing at an aeroplane.

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If you were charged for postage then I presume you took the delivery option so the ticket should obviously have arrived.

If you selected the option to add the game to your card, then that's where it will be. 

Are you sure your extra charge is for postage and not the normal transaction fee that is added on ? 

Pretty sure that there is no option to add to card for cup games - guys on turnstiles say season tickets not allowed for the game before they’ve even checked them.

like I said this is probably the third time this has happened to me for cup games. Wish they either post the tickets or add to season ticket to save me queueing on the day. I can’t be the only one as the queue is always pretty long.

17 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Going by your recent home form that really shouldn't come as any surprise.

Up front we'll have Graham Wilson. Hard as nails but skillful with it an a couple of dozen goals to his name this season.

We have been Jamie Glasgow and Keir Samson just behind him, and they are both fast and happy taking defenders on.

Midfield we have brought back 37 year old Steven White to run our game for us. Steven Wilson is a box to box midfielder who scores VERY important goals for us as well. Gareth Armstrong was brought to the club as probably the best left back in the Western Super League but now plays midfield and is your typical snarling, hard tackling Johnny Giles type player.

Defence is Willie Lyle at right back, Gordon Pope at left back. He has one hell of a shot on him given half a chance. In the middle of the back four Neil McPherson and Craig McCracken are two very capable, solid, and big central defenders who work together very well. Big Andy in goal...well you saw him last time and there was talk of him coming to Tynecastle.

It's a good, solid, team who never know when they're beaten - see last year's Junior Cup Final vs Hurlford with two goals in the last 90 seconds of added time. If there is going to be any change from that line up there are ready made replacements, and Mark Shankland will undoubtedly come on at some stage - a real game changer ith the best dead ball delivery in the non league game. There won't be many better at your level either.

Win, lose or draw we'll have a belter of a day out. EPPP.

Oh man we are ****** I didn't realise we were playing Barcelona? 

Anyone want to buy my ticket? 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Jeff said:

The lack of mining facilities in Auchinleck have really caused the levels of drunken stupidity to rise.

:greatpost:

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Backing Thatcher over working class Scots.

Classy stuff. 

41 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Last time I was there, the locals were out in the street pointing at an aeroplane.

???

Auchinleckian

Site seems to be reverting to what it was back in 2012 the nearer the game gets. Some Big City folk thinking they're a class above a team from the back of beyond. Invoking Thatcher and thinking it's funny. Grow up, it's embarrassing, not just for yourself but for your club. Fact is, your collective insecurities come pouring out with such ill informed jibes, based on the fact that everyone kens fine well that the Talbot might just be on the cusp of what would be the single biggest Scottish Cup upset of all time. 

Can't be bothered with it any more, but will certainly be back on come Sunday, either in a congratulatory mode on your being victorious as expected, or being slightly more than just reflective should you not do so.

EEKA PEEKA PUKKA PO an aw that.

31 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Backing Thatcher over working class Scots.

Classy stuff. 

Least Thatcher knew Sergio wasn't sacked after the 1-0 win

PeterintheRain
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Oh I see now sorry.

She was indeed a heartless bitch.  Plenty of towns like Auchinleck suffered at her hands.

And yet. They managed to vote for Lord Pishypants ****s time after time despite their beloved labour treating them like shite and closing far more mines than the old witch.   **** them.

1 minute ago, PeterintheRain said:

And yet. They managed to vote for Lord Pishypants ****s time after time despite their beloved labour treating them like shite and closing far more mines than the old witch.   **** them.

Labour didn't get into power until 1997.

3 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

based on the fact that everyone kens fine well that the Talbot might just be on the cusp of what would be the single biggest Scottish Cup upset of all time. 

‘Everyone kens fine well’

:notsure:

3 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Site seems to be reverting to what it was back in 2012 the nearer the game gets. Some Big City folk thinking they're a class above a team from the back of beyond. Invoking Thatcher and thinking it's funny. Grow up, it's embarrassing, not just for yourself but for your club. Fact is, your collective insecurities come pouring out with such ill informed jibes, based on the fact that everyone kens fine well that the Talbot might just be on the cusp of what would be the single biggest Scottish Cup upset of all time. 

Can't be bothered with it any more, but will certainly be back on come Sunday, either in a congratulatory mode on your being victorious as expected, or being slightly more than just reflective should you not do so.

Doubt anyone gives a ****.    Bugger off back to Walton's Mountain.

4 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

:pleasing:

Cochrane must start. We missing a spark in midfield for weeks and he may be that bit of spark we need so great time to give him 90mins. Uche and Vanacek to get at least 45mins each partnering Mclean up top. ??

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Doubt anyone gives a ****.    Bugger off back to Walton's Mountain.

Another one thats's :pleasing:

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Another one thats's :pleasing:

There wont be many of them here the morn anyway.    The equine flu has ****ed up their travel plans.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

There wont be many of them here the morn anyway.    The equine flu has ****ed up their travel plans.

:rofl: 

Haha the thread is getting good. The Talbot guy was ok at first. Now he's pissed off.welcome to kickback. The other thing they saw was a bus.Oh look a hoose wi wheels.

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Most wee places have a village idiot. In auchinleck everyone gets a turn

:biggrin2:

Edited by Morgan

6 hours ago, SPG said:

Slightly off topic but does anyone know what happens if you buy your season ticket seat for this match ? Bought them a while ago but no tickets have come in the post despite being charged for postage. 

Had a few times for cup matches where the season ticket gets refused at the turnstiles and then you have to go and queue at the ticket office to get a ticket to get in which is really annoying. Why can’t they just add it to your season ticket ? And why charge postage then not post ?

Ive just realised im in the same boat. No tickets have arrived despite paying postage. I had booked my season ticket seat so im hoping they have added it to my card. An envelope did arrive that i assumed was for Talbot but they were my Motherwell tickets?

4 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

The reality is that we are, or should be, several classes above Auchinlek. We’ll find out tomorrow though. 

5 hours ago, SPG said:

Pretty sure that there is no option to add to card for cup games - guys on turnstiles say season tickets not allowed for the game before they’ve even checked them.

like I said this is probably the third time this has happened to me for cup games. Wish they either post the tickets or add to season ticket to save me queueing on the day. I can’t be the only one as the queue is always pretty long.

I got the option to add to card and took it so it was available (for me anyhow). 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, robbodog said:

Ive just realised im in the same boat. No tickets have arrived despite paying postage. I had booked my season ticket seat so im hoping they have added it to my card. An envelope did arrive that i assumed was for Talbot but they were my Motherwell tickets?

We are in the same boat too. Babertonjambo ordered as usual expecting tkts to be posted out. No e have arrived and as its our season tkt seats he got we are now hoping that our smartcards will get us in!!

Calebs Grandad
5 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

I hope you all enjoy your day out mate and get back safely. For me a Hearts win, no injuries picked up and home draw in last 8 v Partick would be fine. 

1 hour ago, robbodog said:

I think its been covered on another thread but I had the same experience, no tickets arrived so I emailed the ticket office - because I had booked my season ticket seat it had been put on my season card.

Maybe this won’t be popular but, I’d be more than happy with 3-0, then Partick or Dundee Utd at home in the quarters.

The last thing we want is to be loads of goals up and Auchinleck just decide to kick lumps out of players that we cannot afford to get injured.

Best case scenario - 4-0 at half time, Uche 2 and Vanacek 2, get three academy kids on at half time, give Uche, Naismith and Berra a rest.

Acceptable - 3-0 or 4-0 full time, with no injuries.

Worst case - Auchinleck win 1-0, dodgy penalty and we have players out for weeks following injury or suspension.

North Berwick Jambo

3-5-2 , no mercy! 

Doyle 

Smith

Soutter 

Berra

Djoum

Lee

Bozanic

Clare 

Naismith

Vanecek