***Official Hearts v Auchinleck Talbot Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

Going by your recent home form that really shouldn't come as any surprise.

Up front we'll have Graham Wilson. Hard as nails but skillful with it an a couple of dozen goals to his name this season.

We have been Jamie Glasgow and Keir Samson just behind him, and they are both fast and happy taking defenders on.

Midfield we have brought back 37 year old Steven White to run our game for us. Steven Wilson is a box to box midfielder who scores VERY important goals for us as well. Gareth Armstrong was brought to the club as probably the best left back in the Western Super League but now plays midfield and is your typical snarling, hard tackling Johnny Giles type player.

Defence is Willie Lyle at right back, Gordon Pope at left back. He has one hell of a shot on him given half a chance. In the middle of the back four Neil McPherson and Craig McCracken are two very capable, solid, and big central defenders who work together very well. Big Andy in goal...well you saw him last time and there was talk of him coming to Tynecastle.

It's a good, solid, team who never know when they're beaten - see last year's Junior Cup Final vs Hurlford with two goals in the last 90 seconds of added time. If there is going to be any change from that line up there are ready made replacements, and Mark Shankland will undoubtedly come on at some stage - a real game changer ith the best dead ball delivery in the non league game. There won't be many better at your level either.

Win, lose or draw we'll have a belter of a day out. EPPP.

My days of taking defenders on are long gone mate.☺️

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• whodanny

• iantjambo

7 minutes ago, happy said:

Oh not to worry.I am sure Hearts will be able to lift their game when they see the famous black n gold.   ☺️

Fair point. If CL can't motivate us to face the Real Madrid of junior football then we've had it. :)

Hope they enjoy their day out in the big city.  Don't see the point in giving any young players or fringe players a run out as the reserve league will be a higher standard than this opposition.  Fully expect us to turn them over without breaking sweat.

1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

I'm playing 5s tonight. 

I predict the result will be the same as the match this evening. 

I'll ring the bell the number of goals Hearts will score on the way home on the bus, just to make sure. 

I'm afraid Auchinleck are winning this tie 11:9.

Get a fiver on that @ShedBoy ?

3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I predict a turgid eye bleeding 90 mins of hoofing shite. The ball will retire after the game.

Talbot 16/1 worth a 5er. 

:bolt:

Auchinleckian

I imagine all these quotes about the big scores will adorn the away dressing room come Sunday. Tucker Sloan won't need the team talk.

3 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

I imagine all these quotes about the big scores will adorn the away dressing room come Sunday. Tucker Sloan won't need the team talk.

I imagine that would have less impact on the game than you think.

4-0

12 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

5-0 minimum.

As for team talks, if your name is Tucker Sloan, nobody is going to take you seriously anyhow.

16 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

:rofl:

Needy bunch, these pub team fans. It was the same in 2012.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Look what random people are saying on the internet about youse, lads!"

"What's the internet, Gaffer?!"

:biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

5-0 minimum.

As for team talks, if your name is Tucker Sloan, nobody is going to take you seriously anyhow.

Yer manager sent an national team out to their death playing 5 5 0     seriously!

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

:rofl:

Needy bunch, these pub team fans. It was the same in 2012.

You make it sound like we got to the bloody final, and then totally embarrassed the wee team.

0E361580-EF81-4F84-9572-264B20F8CDE9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, happy said:

Yer manager sent an national team out to their death playing 5 5 0     seriously!

Aye.

Scotland.

Not Hearts.

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, happy said:

Happy are you on the wine?

Course ye ur

Hope we humiliate these cants.

And their buses break down on the way home.

Far too much to say for themselves and I for one, hope they have a miserable weekend.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Aye.

Scotland.

Not Hearts.

:thumbsup:

The fact that he thought it was a good idea? Tucker could have put him right on that score.☺️

2 minutes ago, happy said:

The fact that he thought it was a good idea? Tucker could have put him right on that score.☺️

Tuckers luck.

Anybody mind that?

portobellojambo1

Cup tie on Sunday, only rule of cup ties is make sure you are in the draw for the next round, so at this stage I will come home happy even if the result is the same as the last time we played them, i.e. 1-0. I just hope this time round the game doesn't finish as it did the last time, because a different referee would have given them that late goal, as the scorer wasn't offside. And anyway I'm not convinced my boss would accept a phone call on the morning of any potential replay in which I announce I'm not feeling well so won't be in.

If I was sitting here after having watched us play well on Wednesday night I don't think I'd be thinking about Sunday in the way I am, but Wednesday showed that if a team comes to try and block us then they have a chance of doing it. Love to see us get a few goals but go back to what I said originally, a 1-0 win will do me fine.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Cup tie on Sunday, only rule of cup ties is make sure you are in the draw for the next round, so at this stage I will come home happy even if the result is the same as the last time we played them, i.e. 1-0. I just hope this time round the game doesn't finish as it did the last time, because a different referee would have given them that late goal, as the scorer wasn't offside. And anyway I'm not convinced my boss would accept a phone call on the morning of any potential replay in which I announce I'm not feeling well so won't be in.

If I was sitting here after having watched us play well on Wednesday night I don't think I'd be thinking about Sunday in the way I am, but Wednesday showed that if a team comes to try and block us then they have a chance of doing it. Love to see us get a few goals but go back to what I said originally, a 1-0 win will do me fine.

To be honest if we can keep the game alive for 90 mins al be "happier".☺️

Couple of Auchinleck fans turning up early to see the big city, they get off the train at Waverley, stand and look upwards and exclaim, 'jeezo, Edinburgh's some place, look, it's goat a gless roof ower it'.

3 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Up front we'll have Graham Wilson. Hard as nails but skillful with it an a couple of dozen goals to his name this season.

We have been Jamie Glasgow and Keir Samson just behind him, and they are both fast and happy taking defenders on.

Midfield we have brought back 37 year old Steven White to run our game for us. Steven Wilson is a box to box midfielder who scores VERY important goals for us as well. Gareth Armstrong was brought to the club as probably the best left back in the Western Super League but now plays midfield and is your typical snarling, hard tackling Johnny Giles type player.

Defence is Willie Lyle at right back, Gordon Pope at left back. He has one hell of a shot on him given half a chance. In the middle of the back four Neil McPherson and Craig McCracken are two very capable, solid, and big central defenders who work together very well. Big Andy in goal...well you saw him last time and there was talk of him coming to Tynecastle.

It's a good, solid, team who never know when they're beaten - see last year's Junior Cup Final vs Hurlford with two goals in the last 90 seconds of added time. If there is going to be any change from that line up there are ready made replacements, and Mark Shankland will undoubtedly come on at some stage - a real game changer ith the best dead ball delivery in the non league game. There won't be many better at your level either.

Cheer

We have Colin Doyle Rep of Ireland internationalist in goals,  steady keeper though suspect under the high ball. 

Central defence is very good. John Souttar is one of the outstanding young younger centres halfs reaching his potential. Berra is outstanding in the air. You are wasting your time putting in high balls from open play. Behind or beside him depending on formation Michael Smith or Conor Shaughnessy are very steady, good footballers. 

Our midfield isn't the most creative but pretty steady. We'll probably put some dig in with Bozanic support7ng Lee and Djoum African Cup of Nations winner with Cameroon. We do have other options but this is most likely.

Up front could be your biggest problem. Steven Naismith has been outstanding at base of attack, linking play. But if Uche Ikpeazu starts having just come back from injury you are playing a guy that can comfortably take on 3 or 4 defenders at one time bringing the rest of the team with him with the space he creates. Our best player before he got injured and he'll give your defence a good game if he plays. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Couple of Auchinleck fans turning up early to see the big city, they get off the train at Waverley, stand and look upwards and exclaim, 'jeezo, Edinburgh's some place, look, it's goat a gless roof ower it'.

You're getting confused with the Irish here for the rugby. 

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

You should bugger off to Easter Road after spouting shite like that. 

I respect your position ?

Ps we’re shite

Edited by ShedBoy

The Apprentice
36 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Hope we humiliate these cants.

And their buses break down on the way home.

Far too much to say for themselves and I for one, hope they have a miserable weekend.

Correct. Fair play to the boy posting on here for supporting his local team but as much as he talks up their players they will (hopefully) be in for a long afternoon. 

Early goal for us and its a case of how many, IMO.

9-0 Hearts.  We wont be taking these Old Firm butt licking cretins lightly after we narrowly beat them in 2012.  If Uche starts then he will run riot.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

9-0 Hearts.  We wont be taking these Old Firm butt licking cretins lightly after we narrowly beat them in 2012.  If Uche starts then he will run riot.

If we play as we can they are going to be chasing shadows. Unlike Cowdenbeath I hope we carry on well past 10

Just now, Sir Gio said:

If we play as we can they are going to be chasing shadows. Unlike Cowdenbeath I hope we carry on well past 10

It will be nothing like that, I think we'll go 1 or 2 nil up then sit back, give them a bit of encouragement and see the game out after a couple of scary moments.

3 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

So is it worth our while turnng up for this game as it sounds from what you are saying that we are on a hiding to nothing?

22 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Ps we’re shite

I don't respect your position.

Are you a reincarnation  of rick ?

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I hope your right.  I feel this is exactly the type of match where CL should be ditching his negative approach and really going for it.  We can then use this inevitable hammering Talbot will be getting as a springboard to kick on and become a more attack minded side till the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, jake said:

I don't respect your position.

Are you a reincarnation  of rick ?

I respect the fact you don't

respect my position. After all, life

would be awful if we were all the same.

I don’t think I’d bother playing Berra. He hasn’t looked fit for weeks. Give him a rest. 

Would start Uche and Vanecek together.

Bazzas right boot

Rest Berra. 

Rest Naismith. 

Djoum behind ulche and Dave

Morrison and Mulraney put wide. 

Bozanic the holding midfielder 

Mitchell / Smith full backs. 

Score early 6-0

Dont, 3-0, with two later goals. 

Great draw for us and we can look forward to the next round. 

We are winning this. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Ps we’re shite

We're the 5th best team in scotland and 3 points of being the 3rd best in the country. 

We're playing a team at league 1/2 level at home. 

Even if we are shite, we're winning this game. 

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I wouldn't even have Lee on the bench.

Seriously?? A midfielder who has scored 6 times this season with as many assists and you wouldn’t have him on the bench???  

If we had our shit together and were decent we would be 3rd. 3 points off 2nd.. But no the might of Dundee and livi  seen to that

7 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

If we had our shit together and were decent we would be 3rd. 3 points off 2nd.. But no the might of Dundee and livi  seen to that

Get off JKB, you'll be late for your shift manning the phones at the samaritans

Shanks said no
4 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

New player?

New player?

New player?

Either 3 new players or you have a stutter 

Should be used for game time for Vanacek, he should be considerably fitter now. Uche last 30 mins. Hopefully a few early goals will put any moaning from the crowd to bed.