Naismith or ikpeazu

Selkirkhmfc1874

Two fine players who offer very different things and are at different stages of their career. Impossible to compare. 

Now, if the choice was between Uche on a five-year deal or Naismith for another two years, it gets more interesting.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ridiculous question on many levels

Sorry mate, you just said something that I will probably post in the annoying thread...

”so many levels”

so many...

levels?

how many levels & what are they FFS?

Gets right on my chebz that!

A_A wehatethehibs

Uche is a hard worker and a good lad who clearly is on cloud 9 being a Hearts player, but he’s scored 1 league goal for Hearts. Once he starts scoring a goal a game then I’ll be a bit more buzzing. He has a lot of work to do to prove he can be a top SPFL level striker. Shades of Didier Drogba at times though. The lad absolutely flies at defenders and they shite themselves, you can’t help but love the intimidation factor.

Naismith on the other hand is the genuine article, proven international and premier league class footballer. He could play for us for another 3-5 years comfortably. 

It doesn’t answer the question asked but I really hope both players get a chance to forge a partnership and don’t get ‘rotated’. (Suspension and injury permitting)

Uche caused more bother to Livingston’s defence in his first couple of minutes than we did for the previous time in the game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sorry mate, you just said something that I will probably post in the annoying thread...

”so many levels”

so many...

levels?

how many levels & what are they FFS?

Gets right on my chebz that!

Hypothetical question that really isn't a debate. Divisive for no other reason than starting another thread. Bit....look at me.

Think I will stick it in the annoying thread 

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hypothetical question that really isn't a debate. Divisive for no other reason than starting another thread. Bit....look at me.

Think I will stick it in the annoying thread 

No it's not ! It's thread just to ask others opinions , don't like it jog on past without commenting 

Easily Naismith.

Uche, despite be being a big monster who will likely bully any defence, ability to score goals remains a question un-answered.

Edited by VALDOS

In the short term Naismith.

Long term I want Uche to be with us for another 5 years at least.

Given the ages of the players I have to pick Uche.

portobellojambo1

Naismith. I hope he stays with us and progresses to management level. We need someone who has a winners attitude and mentality to get that way of thinking and operating across to others.

I'd have no qualms if Ikpeazu was retained as well, as part of the playing staff.

They're very different players. Its like comparing apples with oranges. In terms of raw personality Naismith has that gritty determination to win every time he takes to the field. Uche is physically imposing and completely dominates defenders with that. 

If pushed, I'd say Naismith is a captain without the armband. So Naisy on that basis.

Imagine a player with Steven Naismith's footballing ability & Uche's raw physical power. Defenders would be terrified.

(Not that Uches a poor footballer or Naismith's a lightweight btw. They're both quality)

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You can only have one sign long term contract who would you pick between naismith or ikpeazu?

If I had to choose then, Steven Ikpeazu.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

They're very different players. Its like comparing apples with oranges. In terms of raw personality Naismith has that gritty determination to win every time he takes to the field. Uche is physically imposing and completely dominates defenders with that. 

If pushed, I'd say Naismith is a captain without the armband. So Naisy on that basis.

I'm this way of thinking. 

I'd agree, but also add I would go Uche if we brought in a Fletcher type player, ie an old experienced international with a winning mentality. 

If it was Uche we'd need that type above and some width and possibly change our style of play, but we could end up a better team for it. 

Naismith, individually has more influence of our team and game atm so is the obvious answer, but if you think about it over a season or two and the team it becomes a good debate, as that situation is fluid and will change. 

gorgie rd eh11

Naismith by a mile. 

Uche has shown huge effort and looked good at times and a "big lump" at times. He might do the business for Hearts, i really hope so, but it's way to early to be putting him up against class like Naismith.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No it's not ! It's thread just to ask others opinions , don't like it jog on past without commenting 

Commenting generically on the value of the thread. 

If you don't like it don't start them :lol:

Selkirkhmfc1874
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Commenting generically on the value of the thread. 

If you don't like it don't start them :lol:

Don't like it don't comment it's that simple 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't like it don't comment it's that simple 

Aye you have already said that. I haven't commented other than on the thread topic. 

Unless you are management I'll carry on thanks

:)

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Aye you have already said that. I haven't commented other than on the thread topic. 

Unless you are management I'll carry on thanks

:)

No you accused me of starting a thread for attention which totally wrong 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No you accused me of starting a thread for attention which totally wrong 

All about opinions eh. 

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

4 goals & 3 assists in 11 games, for Uche.

More decent than I actually thought.

These stats are excellent.  

Better than I realised. 

4 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Two fine players who offer very different things and are at different stages of their career. Impossible to compare. 

Now, if the choice was between Uche on a five-year deal or Naismith for another two years, it gets more interesting.

my thinking as well

4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Short term : Naisy

Long term: Uche

Perfect scenario: Uche with Naisy managing once he retires ??

:robboyas:

3 hours ago, Locky said:

If it's a long term contract, it has to be Uche surely.

I agree

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Naismith. I hope he stays with us and progresses to management level. We need someone who has a winners attitude and mentality to get that way of thinking and operating across to others.

I'd have no qualms if Ikpeazu was retained as well, as part of the playing staff.

absolutely

Pasquale for King
On 08/02/2019 at 15:31, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You can only have one sign long term contract who would you pick between naismith or ikpeazu?

Naismith is more important to the team, as good as Uche is and will be if he stays fit and progresses.