Uche to be offered new deal

Chaps

Perth to Paisley

Honestly think it's too soon.

...then again I have only seen him in x appearances not in daily training...and the fact I know hee haw!

4 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

...then again I have only seen him in x appearances not in daily training...and the fact I know hee haw!

I get why you say that but he's got an attitude you dream of and has fit the club like a glove.

Even when nothing comes off for guys like uche in a game he's still hugely effective because of how much attention their defence has to pay him, and you can't put a price on positivity in the squad. 

I'm very happy with this, Uche will win the league in maroon!

5 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Would be great news to get him on a long term deal. How long was his original deal, 2 years? 

Yes. Current contract is to May 2020.

Important to get the big guy tied up especially with Vanecek only on an 18month deal and not exactly off to a great start with Levein.

Can't speak highly enough about the guy, plays every match as if his life depends on it. Hope we keep him around for a long long time 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes. Current contract is to May 2020.

Cheers. Hopefully we can add at least a couple of years to that

Jambof3tornado

A new deal is surely a speculate to accumulate moment.

Love Uche, a decent season or 2 with us then a good fee would be superb!!

19 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Can't speak highly enough about the guy, plays every match as if his life depends on it. Hope we keep him around for a long long time 

Indeed. None of this "we can get X amount for him" pish.

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I think it's too soon - based soley on time on the pitch. He's played ten games and been out injured for a while, so he's hardly earned a wage rise.

I really like Uche but he's not earned a new contract yet. IMO of course.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I get why you say that but he's got an attitude you dream of and has fit the club like a glove.

Even when nothing comes off for guys like uche in a game he's still hugely effective because of how much attention their defence has to pay him, and you can't put a price on positivity in the squad. 

I'm very happy with this, Uche will win the league in maroon!

His attitude when he came off the bench on Wednesday was excellent.  Gave 100%, and battled to try and make things happen, despite the physicality of the Livingston players on him. 

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

His attitude when he came off the bench on Wednesday was excellent.  Gave 100%, and battled to try and make things happen, despite the physicality of the Livingston players on him. 

On and off the field, he's exactly the type of personality you want, I love the guy!

Would be well deserved. A player who I'd like to see stick around in the squad for his sheer attitude to training, recovery, the fans and the club. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Vital to get him tied up on new long term contract ! His attitude is spot on and above all else he's a really talented team player

I assume this is to tie him down as he signed a 2 or 3 year deal already didn't he?

Totally right move either way. Will be a massive player for us going forward and still young too. Tie him down and we could earn a wee bundle if and when he goes.

More great news. 

Although he's only played a few games, he excites the fans and already turning into a bit of a cult hero. 

I've seen enough of him in his 10 games to warrant a longer contract. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

I assume this is to tie him down as he signed a 2 or 3 year deal already didn't he?

Totally right move either way. Will be a massive player for us going forward and still young too. Tie him down and we could earn a wee bundle if and when he goes.

2 but he could potentially sign a pre-contract with somebody else January. Sensible really.

Now do the same with Haring.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think it's too soon - based soley on time on the pitch. He's played ten games and been out injured for a while, so he's hardly earned a wage rise.

I really like Uche but he's not earned a new contract yet. IMO of course.

Hes also admitted to having 4 or 5 major operations in the last few years. I really like him and think he imrpoves the team but if he genuinely loves the club I’d hang fire until end of season at the earliest. He won’t go anywhere else 

5 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Hes also admitted to having 4 or 5 major operations in the last few years. I really like him and think he improves the team but if he genuinely loves the club I’d hang fire until end of season at the earliest. He won’t go anywhere else 

Its balance isnt it what if he goes onto score 7-8 goals and someone comes in then we get slated for not signing him before then, I think in this instance if the salary is reasonable then we should extend it for another 18months - 2 years

Haring and Naismith and that would do me

27 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

2 but he could potentially sign a pre-contract with somebody else January. Sensible really.

Now do the same with Haring.

Agreed on Haring. 

If we could get him and Uche signed up along with  Naismith and Djoum it would be a fantastic nucleus going into next season. 

Good news, get some much needed stability in the squad with guys locked in and gain from their ongoing development. Granted early days in his Hearts career but the boy oozes hard work and positivity. Just needs some goals. 

Pasquale for King

Great news, I can see what guys are saying about his 5 operations in as many years and he isn’t long into his deal, but I think it’s a good idea. We need to create better chances for him but what he brings to the team and the fans is brilliant. His attitude and work ethic will carry him as far as his ability. 

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

His style of play will always run the risk of an injury or two. 

Even if I didn't rate big Uche I'd still want him to be offered a new deal. He'd kick my ***** in otherwise 

I do think it's a good idea, you're basically investing in him and he has the potential to be worth a few quid. However this is a classic deflection tactic - poor performance, get some good news out there as soon as. Closes down questions on Wednesday's performance and gets fans talking about something else. Be great if he was as tactically astute on the pitch. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I do think it's a good idea, you're basically investing in him and he has the potential to be worth a few quid. However this is a classic deflection tactic - poor performance, get some good news out there as soon as. Closes down questions on Wednesday's performance and gets fans talking about something else. Be great if he was as tactically astute on the pitch. 

We've won 5/7, what we deflecting from? 

Crackpot post.