Naismith not happy!

PB21

2 hours ago, Haken said:

The atmosphere was poor quite simply because the product on the pitch was poor.  It was nothing to do with families, players' ages, people being frightened of being banned, or any of the other nonsense spouted above.  Quite simply, we, the support, are not paid to entertain the team; the team is paid to entertain the support.

You got that in the right order we were clueless.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• innerjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I was thinking this myself after the match.  We never blow teams away anymore and haven't for a long time.  I loved CL in his first spell as Hearts manager because you knew we would of won games like last night by 3 or 4 goals and played entertaining football from the kick off.  Now he just makes us difficult to beat and tries to scrape wins  Absolutely hideous to watch.  

Thought we were v good v St Johnstone a week or so ago. Chalk and cheese wi last night

The heading on this thread is totally misleading and people are being sucked into believing that Naismith has been complaining about the fans’ attitude. He hasn’t - it’s purely speculation on the journalist’s part.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Dead right, we have more than our fair share of moaners.

I've also been going since the mid 1960s and never join in the booing and moaning (I booed Kingston once, I admit, and that's it in half a century). 

I don't deny that, when you get frustrating performances like last night (and credit to Livingston for once again frustrating us) the players might merit some criticism. But I understand much more that you don't motivate people by moaning at them, even if plenty workplaces are full of people who think you do. You improve people through praise and encouragement. And you certainly don't p**s off valuable players like Naismith whom I, for one, want to stay at the club.

Get right behind the team. It's the only way to make things better.

Fair enough, up to a point, but actually a bit of a Hibs comment to make if you don't mind me saying so. Hibs fans get furious when they play against a team that, as they see it, don't let them play football. Livingston once again refused to sit back and admire our silky skills. How unsporting of them.

Sometimes when I watch a match, it's almost as if there are two teams out there, each trying to stop the other. 

Never have never will make any comparisons between heart and hibs! They're inferior to us in every way but the fact remains 2pts out of 9 against livvy is totally unacceptable, our budget is about 5 times there's to start with and they can only dream of having players like ours , any team can have an off night but 3 league games against them and not scored a single goal 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Texia said:

How much can we change up our “style” though? We tried going wide, through the middle and over the top and nothing got through. 

Sometimes we are too quick to overly criticise our own performance instead of admitting the opposition executed a good game plan.

That's what the managers paid for to find a way and the players paid about 5 times more than the livvy players to execute 

Safe standing will help improve the atmosphere. However the negative tactics frustrates a lot of fans, the team have been booed off numerous times at half time and full time. Surely majority of those players don’t want to be playing hoofball for the full 90.

magicjohnston
1 hour ago, Uche Gang said:

So Steven Naismith hasn’t actually said feck all, the journalist/lip reading/body language expert is just assuming he is frustrated with the fans, his body language could actually be expressing his frustration with Levein and the tactics and he is agreeing with the fans. Just an article with no quotes claiming to know a footballers opinion.

came on the on post the exact same. Article with sensationalist headline and no quotes! Trying to create an issue that doesn’t exist. From what I could see of Naismith last night was he was every bit as pissed off with the team and the slow and pedestrian performance.

that article isn’t worth wiping your arse with

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Safe standing will help improve the atmosphere. However the negative tactics frustrates a lot of fans, the team have been booed off numerous times at half time and full time. Surely majority of those players don’t want to be playing hoofball for the full 90.

No idea why a very experienced intelligent player in Berra continues to go route one every single time. 

Im not slating him as I want him starting every week but his distribution is absolutely horrendous.  Not expecting him to be playing passes like Souttar but either give the ball to your other centre half or pass it out to the full backs.  Even our keepers seem to look for the pass more often than him.  Very frustrating and if the captain does it why wouldn’t the rest of the team follow his lead?

Everyone in the stadium can see we play good football that usually results in some chances when we play it on the deck so why not play like this for 90mins?

4 hours ago, PB21 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/talking-point-hearts-talisman-needs-some-help-from-home-fans-1-4869223

can see his point, we are far too quick to boo and get restless. The backing of the fans can last no more than 10 mins if things aren’t going our way. 

Unfortunately it's difficult to moan at the managers tactics without it sounding like you're having a go at the players. I was making enough noise last night but it was directed at CL. Anyone could see that  the players were doing their best but that the tactics and formation that were hindering us.

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Morph said:

No idea why a very experienced intelligent player in Berra continues to go route one every single time. 

Im not slating him as I want him starting every week but his distribution is absolutely horrendous.  Not expecting him to be playing passes like Souttar but either give the ball to your other centre half or pass it out to the full backs.  Even our keepers seem to look for the pass more often than him.  Very frustrating and if the captain does it why wouldn’t the rest of the team follow his lead?

Everyone in the stadium can see we play good football that usually results in some chances when we play it on the deck so why not play like this for 90mins?

Berra isn’t fit and it’s clear as day.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Unfortunately it's difficult to moan at the managers tactics without it sounding like you're having a go at the players. I was making enough noise last night but it was directed at CL. Anyone could see that  the players were doing their best but that the tactics and formation that were hindering us.

I got the impression that the players - especially those in defence  - didn't really know what the revised game plan was supposed to be when Mitchell came on?

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's what the managers paid for to find a way and the players paid about 5 times more than the livvy players to execute 

Ultimately, in a league, the overall peformance is judged over a season rather than performances against individual teams. Livi do seem to have our measure though. 

20 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Safe standing will help improve the atmosphere. 

In what way? Folk stand in section N and barely make a peep most weeks.

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

I got the impression that the players - especially those in defence  - didn't really know what the revised game plan was supposed to be when Mitchell came on?

The tactics were wrong from the start. If we play a back three then it has to be Souttar, Smith and Berra. Puting Shaugnessy in there and playing Smith at wing back just robs us of pace and width, which was bloody obvious from the kick-off. Smith spent the whole of the  first half isolated on the right doing nothing. In the second half Livingstone got the message and had a real go at us but CL didn't change the formation until  the last 15 minutes, far too late. 

2 hours ago, Haken said:

The atmosphere was poor quite simply because the product on the pitch was poor.  It was nothing to do with families, players' ages, people being frightened of being banned, or any of the other nonsense spouted above.  Quite simply, we, the support, are not paid to entertain the team; the team is paid to entertain the support.

Spot on the performances at home recently have been dreadful 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I noticed the atmosphere was good when Djoum was driving forward with the ball at his feet. He needed help and was getting that to a degree from garrucio but then we subbed his only real helper. To rely on flick ons from Naismith, when he can actually reach the ball flying in his general direction, is highly frustrating to watch and it builds to the less than complementary reaction at the final whistle. I thought we had a few good moves last night that I thought would have got the support going a bit more though but often these type of games lead to a flat atmosphere. 

18 minutes ago, Morph said:

When we play with a back 3, more often than not, Berra is the one out at the LB position as Mulraney or whomever is playing is further forward. If the wingback/left mid is getting marked, Berra then humps it up the park as the guys in the middle don't have any space either.

The opposite team then headers it back to us.  Rinse and repeat.

Sometimes the ball goes out for a throw-in for us, which Berra usually just throws back to the other team.

Edited by Lovecraft

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

When we play with a back 3, more often than not, Berra is the one out at the LB position as Mulraney or whomever is playing is further forward. If the wingback/left mid is getting marked, Berra then humps it up the park as the guys in the middle don't have any space either.

The opposite team then headers it back to us.  Rinse and repeat.

Sometimes the ball goes out for a throw-in for us, which Berra usually just throws back to the other team.

It was Smith that seemed to be pushed forward last night and we missed his steady distribution in tight situations in our own half. He was in no man's land on the half way line and did very little in the game, not his fault. I like it when he plays behind Morrison as it looks like the combo can open up teams on the right. 

24 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Berra isn’t fit and it’s clear as day.

That’s fine but he’s been doing it since he arrived. 

As i said I’m not going to be too critical as he’s an absolute mountain at the back but he constantly just boots the ball up the park giving possession up.  Teams like livi will just sit in and deal with that all match. 

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

That’s fine but he’s been doing it since he arrived. 

As i said I’m not going to be too critical as he’s an absolute mountain at the back but he constantly just boots the ball up the park giving possession up.  Teams like livi will just sit in and deal with that all match. 

Berra is an old school defender.  He shouldn't be used to distribute the ball, just clear it.

To be honest I thought the fans were more patient than normal. It took until well into the second half before frustration got the better of them (I don’t boo so I’m exempting myself) after an aimless hoof into the main stand. Giving little credence to the article as, thankfully a few have noticed, is basically a Hearts fan’s blog in a Hibs fanzine.

I always think these podcasts type dudes are far too nice. More interested in being diplomatic about other teams and overly sensationalise any minor blip at their own club at  their “own” club. Hugh Keevins/Graham Spiers wannabes.

maroonnicky63

Booing is for children and unfortunately we have many who act like them , fully grown men booing, do me a favour you don't deserve a decent team

14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It was Smith that seemed to be pushed forward last night and we missed his steady distribution in tight situations in our own half. He was in no man's land on the half way line and did very little in the game, not his fault. I like it when he plays behind Morrison as it looks like the combo can open up teams on the right. 

Yeah, Smith never played well either.

Souttar was probably our most creative player last night.

Naismith isnt happy is he?

I aint happy either with the constant boring dross that i pay him and his teammates wages with to watch that dross week in week out

Don't like it get an office job with a 40 hour a week contract then 

The fitba is eye bleeding to watch 

Would Steven Naismith pay money to have his eyes bleed? Would he feck 

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Naismith isnt happy is he?

I aint happy either with the constant boring dross that i pay him and his teammates wages with to watch that dross week in week out

Don't like it get an office job with a 40 hour a week contract then 

The fitba is eye bleeding to watch 

Would Steven Naismith pay money to have his eyes bleed? Would he feck 

Have you actually read the article???!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Booing is feeble and pointless, unless you feel like the players aren’t pulling a leg or the manager is taking the piss. But there was a reason why the atmosphere was so flat last night and to quote Gordon Strachan, it was because of what was going on on the big green rectangle.

loveofthegame
3 hours ago, Texia said:

I’d say after the first half. Imo we got the ball foward ok for most of the game but Livingston defended as well as they have all season.

Also we started two ‘up top’.

How much did we create first half?!

neither Clare or Lee were “up top”. They played behind Naismith.

I’ve never understood booing you own players. 

Years ago, I spoke to Jimmy Sandison about this, he said that from a players point of view, the more you get stick from the fans, the quicker your confidence goes down, and the worse you play. 

So, by booing your own team -you’re making them play worse. 

PHM don’t boo their own team. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

I’ve never understood booing you own players. 

Years ago, I spoke to Jimmy Sandison about this, he said that from a players point of view, the more you get stick from the fans, the quicker your confidence goes down, and the worse you play. 

So, by booing your own team -you’re making them play worse. 

PHM don’t boo their own team. 

Mines wasn’t so much of a boo more just a “ah **** off” at the end. Just frustration.

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, PB21 said:

5 hours ago, wagy said:

Our home support is disgusting. Being saying it for ages. It's embarrassing. Fair weather supporters is an understatement.

I think it is a passionate support which is great, they are supportive if you have a go, Naismith had a rare poor game and I think that's because hes played too much and that explains actions at the end (start of the season he'd be holding his hands up and applauding the support IMO). As for the booing and such like, it's hard not to get annoyed by a five yard pass going out or a backwards pass when we're attacking. Fans aren't the problem at all in my opinion 

It should have been ten

4 hours ago, Texia said:

Hardly dreadful, we were frustrated by a good, well organised Livingston team. 7 times out of 10 we would have got a goal in that first half spell and won the game.

They executed their game plan perfectly and we won’t be the first team to fall victim to that this season.

Naismith is spot on as well, from the first minute to the last Hearts players are berated by their own fans. It starts in small numbers and increases as the game goes on and is extremely counter productive.

Exactly this, he is spot on. 

A huge element of our ‘supporters’ are torn faced cants. Start their usual moaning from the minute the ball is kicked. A fair amount of which are probably no allowed to speak in the hoose. 

Edited by It should have been ten

So from the press box the journo could tell categorically that after "another attempted pass is shanked out of play" Naismith was reacting entirely to the reaction of the crowd?

And again at full time Naismith was categorically angry with the support and not himself or his team mates for the result...

I am calling BS on the journo...

Naismith would have been furious at the quality of play and the result...I don't suspect for a second his fury was with the fans.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Berra is an old school defender.  He shouldn't be used to distribute the ball, just clear it.

This 

A cold wintery evening, boring after the first 20 mins... 

Unlike the players, fans don't get paid to turn up. We give our money away!

Maybe they need reminding of that...

Slow pedestrian football, lack of a midfield in the second half, hoof after hoof...

Forgive me for not jumping up and down singing willing the team on.

I often think that Levein's mindset is  more suited to a career in Accountancy. than the Entertainment industry, as I sit bored out of my nut at the drivel being dished up.
As for the Players, they get it easy these days compared to some of the 70's stuff dished out, including the infamous Main Stand slow hand clap.

More interested in results, than in performances myself. Secondary to that however is the joy of watching intelligent and skilful footballers. Thankfully I get to see a fair bit of both this season. Would be even happier if we had a player who gets you up out your seat when he's in possession, but they are not ten a penny. Milinkovic was the most recent one. Clare or Morrison may become that player.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

I think booing is not the issue its the timing of the booing.

Team should be supported throughout the match and any displeasure should be kept until fulltime.

Booing mid match should be a banning offence at Tynecastle. Either that or you should take a look at yourself.

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It goes hand in hand, doesn’t it?

Most players and managers always say it’s up to them to get the fans going.

When alot of the play is aimless or breaks down too easy in the crucial last third it hardly entices the support. 

I don’t think the atmosphere has ever been great at these type of games unless we score early and the team keeps pressing.  

No need for booing though. 

So obviously correct take a bow. 

You are never going to empassion a support no matter how faithful they are... and I dare anybody to say that the Hearts supporters have not been faithful to the team... playing the boring pish that is being served up by The Hearts just now. I as a fan want to come away from a game talking about goals, players and things that happened during the game that got the crowd going... the only thing that got me going last night was the ref blowing for time! You are right no need for booing ... but the manager and team has to be told that the fans as sick of the shite that they are dishing up they are there to be entertained.

edit

One thing though.. is it the players or is it the way the manager is asking them to play any particular game? I well remember Joe Jordan getting the heave because hmmm. professionals would not play the way he wanted them to play. If we still had that set of players today the same would have happened to CL make no mistake.. he has never really delivered what might be termed expansive footy at Hearts even though he has had some limited success. 

Edited by jock _turd

The White Cockade
19 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:
I often think that Levein's mindset is  more suited to a career in Accountancy. than the Entertainment industry, as I sit bored out of my nut at the drivel being dished up.
As for the Players, they get it easy these days compared to some of the 70's stuff dished out, including the infamous Main Stand slow hand clap.

All we are saying

Is give us a goal 

Genuine question - will the people that moan and boo renew their season ticket next season?

Will Budge get her same numbers as last season?

Will she boot out the gaffer if numbers appear to drop again?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Shity snidy wee piece if you ask me. More worthy of a topic on here than in a newspaper. Totally misleading, and self indulgent shite

The White Cockade

Very poor display 

Why play one up at home to Livvy

Where is Garrrrucio

Why wait so long to bring on the subs

How can practically every player be off form

The fans were poor 

but the fans have always been the same only seem to be up for big games or when we are two goals up

Nothing to do with family stands or sitting down or Mrs Budge

been like that since I started going in 1970

The booing and moaning is ridiculous but totally predictable 

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

In what way? Folk stand in section N and barely make a peep most weeks.

Section G lower too.

2 hours ago, S Form said:

The heading on this thread is totally misleading and people are being sucked into believing that Naismith has been complaining about the fans’ attitude. He hasn’t - it’s purely speculation on the journalist’s part.

Exactly. 

It's just an opinion piece to stir up interest in the EEN website. 

6 hours ago, PB21 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/talking-point-hearts-talisman-needs-some-help-from-home-fans-1-4869223

can see his point, we are far too quick to boo and get restless. The backing of the fans can last no more than 10 mins if things aren’t going our way. 

It’s been an issue with our support for as long as I can remember. As soon as things aren’t going our way to atmosphere turns sour and it actually helps the away side. 

All you could hear after about 50minutes was constant abuse directed at Levein and players. Even after he chucked Uche on there was shouts of “****ing change it Levein” ?‍♂️

The players were  under more pressure from our support to “get it up the park” than they were from Livi all night. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Genuine question - will the people that moan and boo renew their season ticket next season?

Will Budge get her same numbers as last season?

Will she boot out the gaffer if numbers appear to drop again?

Depends if we go on a charge an end up third or not?

:fonzie: