Welcome back, Uche

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Been in his bed for three months and more energy than half our team.

:yas:  Let the big guy loose on the Tramps.  

If even one or two more players had his hunger or determination we would've skelped these clowns imo. Nice to see refs still plan on giving him absolutely no protection though 

6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Doesn’t say much for Vanecek though.

I think we’ve let Vanecek off fairly lightly to be honest. It is quite clear now how unprofessional he was. Levein said he has lost four kilos in two weeks.  That is a shocker and shows just how out of shape he was when he turned up. 

been here before

I forgot how players just bounce off him.

Thought it was a nice touch he applauded the crowd before the game started when he came out in his own.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Doesn’t say much for Vanecek though.

Third choice attacking substitute. Arguably fourth.

Was Vanecek on the piss during after the Czech season finished? Terrible to be so unfit.

9 hours ago, hearts00 said:

I think we’ve let Vanecek off fairly lightly to be honest. It is quite clear now how unprofessional he was. Levein said he has lost four kilos in two weeks.  That is a shocker and shows just how out of shape he was when he turned up. 

Yet he was still picked to play, despite this obvious fitness and weight issue.  

That is where Levein got it wrong.  He should have layed into him, not picked him, and made it clear why.

No matter, hopefully we will soon see the player he said he was.  

Edited by Paolo

Brilliant seeing the big man back. A huge handful to any defence at this level. Rustiness was there to see but the guy has been out for 5 months FFS, and still folk got on his back for poor touches.

Wish he would stay on his feet. 50% of the time he gets the ball he is looking for a foul and on the deck. He causes so much problems for teams but he could do so much more by cutting the crap. Great to have him back all the same

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Wish he would stay on his feet. 50% of the time he gets the ball he is looking for a foul and on the deck. He causes so much problems for teams but he could do so much more by cutting the crap. Great to have him back all the same

Eh? It's the exact opposite. He takes some rough treatment because other teams know it's the only way to stop him, and every time he goes over he bounces right back up. There's nothing cynical about him, he's always looking to create.

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

That's just bullshit.

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I love uche. I can't wait to see him in a derby.

That's what I thought after ten minutes of watching him play back in July. **** me, it's taking forever to see him up against them.

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Eh? It's the exact opposite. He takes some rough treatment because other teams know it's the only way to stop him, and every time he goes over he bounces right back up. There's nothing cynical about him, he's always looking to create.

exactly, he was raging at the ref at one point after the challenges he was getting from the opposition (Berra had to calm him down.) 

The GFA will use their referees to punish every challenge he makes and not punish those who clearly foul him.

He will have to learn to cope with that.

You could see how desperate he was to score today. That is a wonderful thing to see 

25 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

That's just bullshit.

It's not really.

Spent more time on his erse than Juanma. Fouled a few times, threw himself to deck a few times.

Takes 2 or 3 defenders out the game but looks to do it all himself.

Another 70mins under his belt will do him good though.

Glad he is back.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

It's not really.

Spent more time on his erse than Juanma. Fouled a few times, threw himself to deck a few times.

Takes 2 or 3 defenders out the game but looks to do it all himself.

Another 70mins under his belt will do him good though.

Glad he is back.

He never threw himself on the deck. He was getting kicked and fouled non stop by the Talbot arseholes. I think his reaction (when Berra had to come over to him) after getting hauled down yet again shows it was genuine. 

The talbot defenders were all over him. He was holding off 2/3 at a time and the only way they could stop him was kicking and pulling him.

15 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

He never threw himself on the deck. He was getting kicked and fouled non stop by the Talbot arseholes. I think his reaction (when Berra had to come over to him) after getting hauled down yet again shows it was genuine. 

The talbot defenders were all over him. He was holding off 2/3 at a time and the only way they could stop him was kicking and pulling him.

My view too.