Off the Ball

jambogemz

Hogg currently on Off the Ball.

Interesting that he says there was no animosity between him and Craig after the Raith incident and Craig even offered him the opportunity to play and coach while he was with Cowdenbeath. 

wont bother listening to the podcast , thanks for the heads up, its an hour of my life i can now dedicate to the history of britain podcast ?

Stephane Grappelli
6 hours ago, EasternRossco said:

Interesting story from an otherwise dire guest. **** me he was dry. 

Correct.  Shame for the guy but he didn't have much to offer in the way of anecdotes or banter.  Clearly just there for the Levein angle.

His recollection of the incident was not how I remember it.  He made out that Levein decked him without warning but I'm sure punches were thrown by both.

Guess The Crowd

http://twohundredpercent.net/craig-levein-and-graeme-hogg-a-classic-punch-up/

On the radio Hogg said it was 1995, which is what I originally thought too, but then he said that Tommy MacLean was the manager, which suggested it was 1994.

The link here confirms this, and is quite a good account. Any kickbackers there? 

2 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

On the radio Hogg said it was 1995, which is what I originally thought too, but then he said that Tommy MacLean was the manager, which suggested it was 1994.

The link here confirms this, and is quite a good account. Any kickbackers there? 

I was there. It happened at the other end of the ground from where we were but the punch from Levein was clearly seen. 

And I think the reason we all saw it was because our attention had been brought to the two players by some handbags between them just before. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I was there. It happened at the other end of the ground from where we were but the punch from Levein was clearly seen. 

And I think the reason we all saw it was because our attention had been brought to the two players by some handbags between them just before. 

Correct.

It was down to the right from where the Hearts (small) support was.

I was there too.  August 9th 1994. Was just total disbelief that it had happened at a pre season friendly. 

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199408091.html

Not so well remembered is us again going down to 9 men at the same ground the following season. Neil Berry and Gary Locke were both sent off but we held on for a point!

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199512091.html

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Offered a slot on the show in the hope he’d dish up dirt on Levein, clearly.

I mean why else, in 2019 , would you invite Graeme ****in Hogg onto the programme?

Parasites.

By all accounts Hogg wasn’t well liked in the dressing room and acted the big shot given his time at Man U. It’s somewhat telling that after his 12 game bad he was released by the club where as CL remained. 

4 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Aye I was there. Bizarre to say the least. For me Levein was the catalyst but hey ho. My recollection was of utter horror that our crown jewel (robbo apart) was chucked on the transfer list and banned for 10 games) pre start of season. Thus ruining any hope of any errr hope

10 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Yes, I was there. Vague memories though. 

Tenous claim to fame. I lived in the same street as Graeme Hogg. Roselands, Lovedean. Hampshire. Hogg lived there whilst at Portsmouth.

Edited by John Findlay

William H. Bonney
10 minutes ago, Pie-Heid said:

There is a vidjo of the incident, sure I've seen it on here.

I thought it was on the 94/95 season video on Skippy doodles you tube page. I couldn't see it though. 

Calebs Grandad
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tenous claim to fame. I lived in the same street as Graeme Hogg. Roselands, Lovedean. Hampshire. Hogg lived there whilst at Portsmouth.

Hopefully a plaque on the wall where he lived John ?

13 hours ago, El Diez said:

Offered a slot on the show in the hope he’d dish up dirt on Levein, clearly.

I mean why else, in 2019 , would you invite Graeme ****in Hogg onto the programme?

Parasites.

my thoughts also ...

Hogg was painful to listen to.  His answers had nothing to do with the questions he was asked and just trailed off to nothingness. I think big Craig's haymaker sparkled him.

Hogg had zero personality on radio yesterday, wanted to punch him myself!

Re the scrap , Hogg definitely rammed the nut on Levein before punch.

queensferryjambo

I was really forward to hearing Hogg on the show. Unfortunately he was tragic and possibly the most boring guest they have had on for years. One word answers and the team having to drag answers out of him.

Shame it could have been fun.

59 minutes ago, chico1874 said:

Hogg had zero personality on radio yesterday, wanted to punch him myself!

Re the scrap , Hogg definitely rammed the nut on Levein before punch.

Whether that happened or not (I know it did) we have people on here slagging Levein for the incident !

What was it 25 years ago ?

Footballer gets attacked by teammate .

Footballer knocks teammate out .

Hogg claiming he got blindsided. Nah mate Levein knocked you out fair and square. Be warned Mikey Stewart, you can't even walk down a tunnel without getting KO`d. Craigie will find you. And he will spark you. 

i wish jj was my dad

My recollection was Levein reacting to Hogg taking a swing but footage was grainy. Nonsense for Hogg to say he was blindsided..

On 02/02/2019 at 22:56, gorgie rools said:

He was at a sportsmans breakfast last week that Tam did for free to help raise funds for Huchie Vale.  Tam brought it up there.

what?? Tam brought up his breakfast.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

what?? Tam brought up his breakfast.

If he did that greedy bassa would probably eat it  again like my dog??

14 minutes ago, Clear few said:

If he did that greedy bassa would probably eat it  again like my dog??

Tam ate your dug ?

21 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I was really forward to hearing Hogg on the show. Unfortunately he was tragic and possibly the most boring guest they have had on for years. One word answers and the team having to drag answers out of him.

Shame it could have been fun.

I remember when he played for us he done an interview - Planet Hearts or the like - and the most interesting fact he came out with was that he likes to get his hair trimmed every week. Every single week.

Dull as dishwater.