New Restaurant in Slateford

systemx

The Locanda de Gusti people have opened a new place in Slateford Rd tonight  Nero a Meta,good luck to Rosario The menu looks braw

13 hours ago, systemx said:

No they have 1926 in Dalry

Also have the deli/coffee place: Fiocchi di Neve on Dalry Road. Menu at the new place on Slateford rd. looks excellent - will be trying it soon!

• 9 months later...
Walter Payton
On 01/02/2019 at 23:20, FWJ said:

I really hope it works for them because there’s been a few tried & closed in the last year at that corner.

Has this place closed down already?

1 hour ago, Bring on the Future said:

Has this place closed down already?

Yup.

Closed about a month ago unfortunately...

It’s a shame because I was there 3 or 4 times (flat’s nearby) and really enjoyed it.

Edited by FWJ

I don't think that location works because Slateford Road is just too wide/busy. Contrast to Gorgie Road where it is narrow, traffic islands dotted down and everything crawls along at 15-20 mph. If you're enticed by a takeaway on Slateford Road, trying to cross to the other side is far too difficult.

3 hours ago, kila said:

I don't think that location works because Slateford Road is just too wide/busy. Contrast to Gorgie Road where it is narrow, traffic islands dotted down and everything crawls along at 15-20 mph. If you're enticed by a takeaway on Slateford Road, trying to cross to the other side is far too difficult.

This was a sit-down restaurant, I don’t think they did take-away (although there have been a few there too).  It is quite a funny wee block - although it’s not really, it does feel quite isolated from others.  Taste Good has been on the go for ages but, yes, there’s no parking and there isn’t a bar next door where you can nip into for a drink before or after.  It’s a strange one.

Disappointed it closed

Noticed they are doing up their cafe / takeaway on Dalry Road so interesting to see what that becomes

Also a shame Shabeen bottom of Morrison Street closed

Stephane Grappelli
17 hours ago, FWJ said:

Yup.

Closed about a month ago unfortunately...

It’s a shame because I was there 3 or 4 times (flat’s nearby) and really enjoyed it.

**** sake.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Or just a really shit place for a sit down restaurant. 

Taste good does well for itself and there are a lot of houses in the area

3 minutes ago, the general said:

Taste good does well for itself and there are a lot of houses in the area

Taste Good has a very busy takeaway restaurant to help pay the bills. 

Bring back Mr Sako and the Shandon Fish Bar please. When it closed it was the best :(

The chippy next to the bakers is another flop shop. However they have always been rubbish.

10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Or just a really shit place for a sit down restaurant. 

Thing is, there’s been take-aways there too in the last couple of years that have failed. It’s not easy to park around there (or even stop outside, because of the bus stop).  Although, of course, it’s not really - that block does feel a bit remote/isolated from other bars/restaurants.  Maybe premises like that work better when there’s others around.

(Although Taste Good seems to be thriving)