• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jambonian

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kila

• 1971fozzy

25 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Posted on Instagram a picture of him in a Manchester United coat with the caption “Home sweet home”.

Is he injured? 

Show us? Can't find it without an account I presume

I much prefer Garuccio at LB anyway, and Mulraney is gradually coming onto a game. Not fussed, this season just hasn't worked for Mitchell since he his come back from his injury.

Could be anything really. End of the day, if he's been summoned back to Manchester for any reason then he's got to go in club attire. Could be simply a meeting that Ole wants all the players back for including loanees, or maybe Ole wants a personal one to one.

Demi has been a strange case though. Dunno if he's just carrying a huge chip on his shoulder if he's been promised first team action by Jose and that promise has backfired.

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Clearly been a personal reaction to him somehow... 

Screenshot_20190208-153806_Instagram.jpg

Whether he’s in Manchester or not this doesn’t prove anything. He could be in Australia and he could still tag himself in Edinburgh. 

26 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

C70CD8DC-AADB-4BDD-859B-8D8CC8123315.jpeg

That’s the black hearts kit under it isn’t it? He was training 2 hours ago as per hearts Instagram. I’m assuming he means “long morning session dome now I’m back to my house”

3 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Whether he’s in Manchester or not this doesn’t prove anything. He could be in Australia and he could still tag himself in Edinburgh. 

Could be. I didn't say anything about whether he was in Edinburgh or not though 

20 minutes ago, kila said:

I much prefer Garuccio at LB anyway, and Mulraney is gradually coming onto a game. Not fussed, this season just hasn't worked for Mitchell since he his come back from his injury.

This.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting chat on Garuccio since he is  3rd on the rank, he is not injured apparently, Mulraney in possession, Demi on bench, Ben in stand.

Logic says Mitchell will jump up 1 place unless its a match we are looking to defend more

Edited by Sir Gio

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Clearly isn’t enjoying his time with us 

He made a strong point at the plot ceremony on Sunday about how he wouldn’t be here unless he wanted to be here.

Maybe he’s decided it’s not for him.

I think he just needs to find his feet again.

We have been badly missing a forward that hold up play to allow the wing backs to get further forward.

Guys that are slightly smaller won't be playing too well when the ball is constantly hoofed in the air.  I'm sure he wants the ball at his feet.

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting chat on Garuccio since he is  3rd on the rank, he is not injured apparently, Mulraney in possession, Demi on bench, Ben in stand.

Logic says Mitchell will jump up 1 place unless its a match we are looking to defend more

Garuccio is 3rd as an attacking WB, probably no1 as a LB however.

Loved him last season but he's been very frustrating this year. He'll never make in the 'Best League in the World', mid table Championship at best. Not as much of a spark with him this time round. I see he's releasing a clothing range, he's only about 17. Should maybe focus on his football career first.

All my opinion, of course. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

The White Cockade

I watched Jake Mulraney closely on Wednesday

He looks terrified when he gets the ball

Its like he is a half decen player but has zero confidence 

The last couple of times he’s came on he’s added a bit pace and spark to our play with good touch.

Seems on the same wavelength as Naismith who’s combined with him.

But this is the problem with that side of the pitch. Quality in small doses with consistency at a premium. 

Thought Mulraney was playing too far back against Livvy.   He always seemed to get the ball in our half when he should have been receiving the ball further up the pitch.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Garuccio is 3rd as an attacking WB, probably no1 as a LB however.

Yeah. Except games where we want to defend. Surprised if Sunday was that day to be honest. 

Garuccio binned following 2 Livingston games seems harsh to me but he is not in favour 

17 hours ago, RENE said:

Thought Mulraney was playing too far back against Livvy.   He always seemed to get the ball in our half when he should have been receiving the ball further up the pitch.

Thats not wholly Mulraneys fault though, we do the same to Morrison with passes played directly at them or a yard behind. Why we can’t we play a pass to let our wide players run onto it?

17 hours ago, RENE said:

Because Berra was wanting three touches on the ball, Jake consistently had to check his runs to come back for the ball as Berra was getting closed down. Could see he was repeatedly frustrated at this. Also doesn't help that Berra's first instinct at times is to smash a long diagonal

Mulrainey had plenty of chances to run at the full back on Wednesday but went backwards 9/10 times. Not what you want from a winger. 

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Thats not wholly Mulraneys fault though, we do the same to Morrison with passes played directly at them or a yard behind. Why we can’t we play a pass to let our wide players run onto it?

Wasn't blaming Mulraney as such but it was really frustrating seeing him receiving the ball so far back. 

2 hours ago, gedster said:

Because Berra was wanting three touches on the ball, Jake consistently had to check his runs to come back for the ball as Berra was getting closed down. Could see he was repeatedly frustrated at this. Also doesn't help that Berra's first instinct at times is to smash a long diagonal

Berra should be in the middle of a three and just deal with headers and crunching tackles. He is nowhere near good enough with the ball at his feet and his distribution has always been poor but since he came back from injury it has been shocking.

If we had a really good central midfielder who wanted the ball he could pass short passes to him and let him do the passing. This is where we have missed Haring.

It's pretty disappointing how our fans can be so unsupportive to players at times. The lad has bags of ability which he has shown before and is maybe just going through a loss of confidence, but folk are quick to round on him.

I don't know if it's perhaps because we know how good he can be so there is raised expectations but it's not unknown for young players to have a dip in form. He will still have some cracking games in maroon in the coming weeks IMO

Seem to remember chat in the summer about Mitchell's photo in MU strip. Is this not same picture. It was taken when he was injured.

Re Mulraney on Wednesday, by time he got the ball he was tight on touchline, no room to get at the full back and most often facing own goal.

Edited by jambosdad
Add line to make more sense of post.

17 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

Seem to remember chat in the summer about Mitchell's photo in MU strip. Is this not same picture. It was taken when he was injured.

Re Mulraney on Wednesday, by time he got the ball he was tight on touchline, no room to get at the full back and most often facing own goal.

Mitchell is not a full back and his natural instincts will make it difficult for him to learn to be one.

Re Mulraney, as someone said earlier, we need to play balls for him to run on to at pace as he does not appear to have the skills repertoire to beat FBs consistently.  In fact, I would give him a little cameo up front in the centre as I reckon his speed would frighten the sh*t out of big lump (excuse the pun) defenders.  He should be positioned on the centre spot when we defend a corner as that would bring 2 or 3 defenders out of our area, although I suspect CL pulls everyone back as a crowding tactic to limit the possibility of opposition giants getting a run at a header.

56 minutes ago, RS86 said:

It's pretty disappointing how our fans can be so unsupportive to players at times. The lad has bags of ability which he has shown before and is maybe just going through a loss of confidence, but folk are quick to round on him.

I don't know if it's perhaps because we know how good he can be so there is raised expectations but it's not unknown for young players to have a dip in form. He will still have some cracking games in maroon in the coming weeks IMO

You have to understand that such critics perform at 100% every day in their job (apart from company time on Kickback, of course) and, as they never make mistakes and guarantee top-drawer results in their particular field, have the right to criticise we "normal" humans, who make mistakes sometimes.

5 hours ago, RS86 said:

Not one for berating players but time is not on our side with Mitchell. 

Unless we are planning to sign him what is the point of hoping this guy will eventually recover form when he is away at the end of the season anyway ?

In these circumstances I would rather give players who are committed to the club a chance.

At the moment we are just giving another teams player match practice until they can find some mug club in England to part with a big fee for him.

There is no way this guy is in Man Utd's plans.

In fact I would guess that is what is wrong with him he's lost heart because his chance of playing for his heroes has passed him by.

If he doesn't buck up he will be glad to play in Scotland or lower English leagues.

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Unless we are planning to sign him what is the point of hoping this guy will eventually recover form when he is away at the end of the season anyway ?

In these circumstances I would rather give players who are committed to the club a chance.

At the moment we are just giving another teams player match practice until they can find some mug club in England to part with a big fee for him.

In fact I would guess that is what is wrong with him he's lost heart because his chance of playing for his heroes has passed him by.

If he doesn't buck up he will be glad to play in Scotland or lower English leagues.

This 

On 08/02/2019 at 15:09, neilnunb said:

Hopefully means Garuccio is playing this weekend.

Hopefully not, as he was absolutely horrific v Livingston in the cup game.

12 minutes ago, gedster said:

Garuccio has been minging in all 3 games against Livi, that he played.

Can look decent from time to time, but throws in the odd dangerous tackle too. 

6 hours ago, RS86 said:

True, but in Mitchell’s case he has been poor all season. Now Mulraney is preferred to him. Bizarre.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I would hardly say the Livingston games are the best to judge ANY of our players this season.

18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I would hardly say the Livingston games are the best to judge ANY of our players this season.

agree. Find it bizarre that Levein rates Garuccio as third choice. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Fair points. And I think you're right that he may not be here next season, but who knows. If he is still going to play and contribute meantime, which it looks likely he will, then we could do with getting behind him. I'm encouraged to see Mulraney improving and that has been recognised by plenty, but too many are quicker to highlight the negatives with our players too

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Good job we ain’t playing Livi then.  I hope he plays.  Best LB at the club by some distance.

2 hours ago, gedster said:

Yet still more reliable than the current favourite, Mulraney.

Fwiw, neither are good enough and the left back position continues to haunt us.

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Yet still more reliable than the current favourite, Mulraney.

Fwiw, neither are good enough and the left back position continues to haunt us.

Mulraney is one we have turned on. I think there is a player there, let him express himself in my opinion. He does his defensive duties. I think he could have a very good game tomorrow